IGNORED

Miss Raquel's 2nd Novel - Part 4

samurai_sarah

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You've  got so many lost loves in your life.

Or is it the same one all over again?

It is a mystery to me. But then again, many things are a mystery to me.

It is no wonder that no one can measure up to your standards, because when you really get to know them, you will find that most people aren't Jesus.

Even Jesus himself probably wouldn't be Jesus.

Just like Brad Pitt turned out to be no Brad Pitt.

A broke traveling preacher would hardly be good enough for you.  You are too good to date losers without  career aspirations.

Life is so hard.

But at least your phone rarely dies.

You've  got that going for you, and that is nice.

Oh, and the wavy locks...

According to the Daily Mail, men find wavy locks to be the sexiest hairdo.

So there is still hope.

1)  I'm busy.

I'm in a moment where I see your text but I legitimately can't stop what I'm doing to answer you.

I'm busy but not so busy that I don't read all my texts immediately.

2)  My phone is on silent and/or died.
I honestly prefer keeping my phone on silent so I don't have to be hearing it going off every few minutes.  Instead, I can just have it on silent and go look at all my notifications when I have the time to.  My phone very rarely dies, but there's also that reason.

I'm, like, really popular but all my friends are idiots and have to be told that I can't text if my phone died.

3)  I'm sleeping.
And you should be too........ Unless it's one of those rare midday naps I rarely get to partake of.

The whole world should keep the same sleep schedule I do. You will notice that rare naps that I rarely get to have are at least twice as rare. But they keep me from responding to your texts ALL the time.

4)  I don't have time.

If your text is something that I know will trigger a long conversation but I don't have the time to give you the full attention it deserves, then I won't respond at all.

This is the same excuse as number 1, I'm busy, only with more disinterest.

5)  You're annoying

And I honestly have no idea why I gave you my number.

Duu--uh. Because you're a guy.

6)  I never gave you my number

And there are clear reasons for that, so why would I encourage you to text me by texting you back?

Thou art not hot.

I used the term in the Miss Raquel thread after seeing a discussion in the Jill Rodrigues thread discussing how she (Jill) pronounced poem - which comes out 'pome'  It is just fitting for Raquel since her poems are, well, not. 

Raquel's behavior makes me think of a 15 year-old, and a particularly immature one at that. Did her parents do this to her, or did she do this all to herself? 

5 hours ago, Sobeknofret said:

Raquel's behavior makes me think of a 15 year-old, and a particularly immature one at that. Did her parents do this to her, or did she do this all to herself? 

I get the impression that she's always been a bit coddled, but I don't know if nurture alone can make you that self absorbed. :? I suppose she just always had that trait and it never got weeded out, for whatever reason.

Yes, 'pome' comes from the Jill Rodriguez thread. I think it might have been the poem she wrote to read at the weird morbid memorial to her sister before she was paralysed, specifically. Jill spelled it that way because she is an atrocious speller.

6 hours ago, Shoobydoo said:

I get the impression that she's always been a bit coddled, but I don't know if nurture alone can make you that self absorbed. :? I suppose she just always had that trait and it never got weeded out, for whatever reason.

I think the key ingredients in Raquel's spoiled/self-absorbed/entitled nature are the fact that she seems to have very little socialization outside of her family and a few sycophantic friends/pretend boyfriends, no real need or drive for her to hold down a steady and upwardly mobile job (I wouldn't be surprised if much of her lifestyle is funded generously by grants from the Mom and Dad Foundation), and a somewhat limited education made more limited by her fundie-light beliefs. When you and your parents make your world so small, no wonder you think it revolves around you.

Basically, Raquel has never had any reason to grow the hell up, because when she can just work itinerant barista jobs with extra cash support from Mommy and Daddy, construct her social life so she can choose to only hang out with people exactly like her (or Peruvian orphans who have no choice but to hang out with her), and gain enough followers on her blog who will tell her how great she is, why should she?

3 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

When you and your parents make your world so small, no wonder you think it revolves around you.

Basically, Raquel has never had any reason toshe can just work itinerant barista jobs with extra cash support from Mommy and Daddy, construct her social life so she can choose to only hang out with people exactly like her (or Peruvian orphans who have no choice but to hang out with her), and gain enough followers on her blog who will tell her how great she is, why should she?

Damn that's accurate. 

28 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

Before it can fly, an arrow must be drawn back. Every inch is harder as it stretches and is pulled taught.

1) The arrow does not strech. The string of the bow does.

2) It's "taut" Ms. Wielder of Words

3) What the heck is with the random heartbeat (?) scribble in the middle of the arrow?

Tattoos #9 and #10? What? She had her first how long ago? How many terrible drawings will she get before her excitement for this new "fundie rebel" thing goes down? 

She is so gonna regret this.

What with all the "love 'em and leave 'em" posts, I find it interesting that she retweeted this:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CtNjW0cWAAAyhyz.jpg:large

1 hour ago, Terrie said:

1) The arrow does not strech. The string of the bow does.

2) It's "taut" Ms. Wielder of Words

3) What the heck is with the random heartbeat (?) scribble in the middle of the arrow?

That's where the  arrow stretches?

What are the words on the arm supposed to say? It looks like gibberish.

ETA: Are these actual Raquel tattoos or are they pictures of someone else with tattoos she thinks are cool, or is considering for herself?

I saw that ridiculous infinity tattoo on the same arm as the gibberish (I say that as someone with an infinity tattoo that has a great deal of significance for me).

I have a bajillion tattoo ideas... and no tattoos. I decided years ago not to get any until I was 30 (which is uncomfortably close). Looking at Raquel, I think that's one of the smarter decisions I've ever made.

3 hours ago, sea_gale said:

I have a bajillion tattoo ideas... and no tattoos. I decided years ago not to get any until I was 30 (which is uncomfortably close). Looking at Raquel, I think that's one of the smarter decisions I've ever made.

If you got a tattoo of "Vampire" Potter and Draco Malfoy prancing together naked, I'd respect that x1000 more than the mindless sharpie-esque crapola Raquel keeps inking upon herself.  

If you got a tattoo of "Vampire" Potter and Draco Malfoy prancing together naked, I'd respect that x1000 more than the mindless sharpie-esque crapola Raquel keeps inking upon herself.  

What if the tattoo included Enoby Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way?

13 hours ago, alba said:

What if the tattoo included Enoby Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way?

Only if she was in the bath with Snap and Loopin masticating while holding their cideo camera.

18 hours ago, daisyd681 said:

I saw that ridiculous infinity tattoo on the same arm as the gibberish (I say that as someone with an infinity tattoo that has a great deal of significance for me).

And the arrow one shows the music note star on her shoulder. 

I have nothing against tattoos, but hers look cheap. Most of them are no more than doodles. I've seen more artistry in prison tattoos. But I suppose tattoo artists have bills to pay like everyone else.

Her latest blog entry is yet ANOTHER variation on her thoughts of her future spouse and no one is perfect, not him and not her, but God has written your life life, blah, blah, blah, blah. I can't even snark on it, because it's just pathetic. The whole thing reeks of desperation and no sense of self beyond "attached to a guy." 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived