IGNORED

Dougie's Back!

DomWackTroll

And telling us who to vote for: 

One of his "friends" is dismayed at this advice, because the candidate's married daughter hyphenates her last names! Some other Dumb Dora thanks Doug for his manly leadership, which has been so lacking in his absence. :roll:

You just know that Doug and Spanks have been hanging on the phone like two thirteen-year-old girls, excitedly planning their dual comeback. 

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

someone at the comments said they're concerned because "his daughter is a die-hard liberal, complete with hyphenated last name."

hyphens: they make you ebil, immoral liberals. 

I, for one, hope his influence is greater than we give him credit for. Yes, fundies, please vote a straight Constitution Party ticket this year.

24 minutes ago, HeadshipRegent said:

someone at the comments said they're concerned because "his daughter is a die-hard liberal, complete with hyphenated last name."

hyphens: they make you ebil, immoral liberals. 

Can't imagine what their opinion of ladies who don't even change their last name upon marriage would be! Or men who take their wife's (or husband's) last names! Forget violent criminals, these oddly hyphenated named people are the real danger! :my_dodgy: 

When someone needs to rely on attacking someone's choice to hyphenate their last name as evidence of the danger of their beliefs... That person should reevaluate their own beliefs!

It seems there is also suspicion his running mate might be a mormon. 

Can somone remind me please,  what's wrong with Mormons according to theae types?

Hyphenated, schmyphenated. I kept the last name I was given at birth. And speaking of last names - "Doug WP???" Looks like the Tool can't stand the heat. C'mon Dougie, man up!

4 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

I, for one, hope his influence is greater than we give him credit for. Yes, fundies, please vote a straight Constitution Party ticket this year.

Absolutely -- a vote for the Constitution Party (hyphenated names, Mormons, and all) is a vote taken away from Trump. 

8 hours ago, Gossamer1 said:

Can somone remind me please,  what's wrong with Mormons according to theae types?

I think it's a variation on the Your-Christianity-is-the-Wrong-Christianity theme. Mormons are even less credible because their religion is comparatively new, and there's the whole "magic underwear" thing. 

10 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

And telling us who to vote for: 

One of his "friends" is dismayed at this advice, because the candidate's married daughter hyphenates her last names! Some other Dumb Dora thanks Doug for his manly leadership, which has been so lacking in his absence. :roll:

You just know that Doug and Spanks have been hanging on the phone like two thirteen-year-old girls, excitedly planning their dual comeback. 

What are you all talking about?  

This quote box is blank for me.  :confused:

20 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

What are you all talking about?  

This quote box is blank for me.  :confused:

He must have made it private. He endorsed the guy running on the Constitution Party ticket. Oh, well...

Just now, DomWackTroll said:

He must have made it private. He endorsed the guy running on the Constitution Party ticket. Oh, well...

Thanks.  Doug Phillips is a Veritable Tool.

15 minutes ago, DomWackTroll said:

I think that's an awesome endorsement! Every conservative vote that goes from Trump to someone who has no chance to win the general election, is a very good thing!

11 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

This made me laugh so hard. 

First, Geoff Botkin advising the Brits on how to vote and now Dougie advising us.  They are definitely legends in their own minds. 

I'm pretty sure he was advising people to vote Constitution Party in the last election too. I know the Coghlans were saying it. We see how well that worked out.

But I'll echo the hope that they vote 3rd party and take votes away from Trump as well. It's moments like this that remind me why I think Trump has virtually no chance of winning. And hey, fundies have as much right to vote for the candidate of their choice as anyone else.

48 minutes ago, DomWackTroll said:

Well, I'm glad I got to read it. Gives me a heads-up on what the psychofans are probably saying. (yeah, I know it's really sycophants...)

We don't hang out with them anymore, of course, but sometimes we do run into them.

Oh good, who has a wide enough stance to lead this country into the future?!?   Please tell me so that I can NOT vote for them!

9 minutes ago, Howl said:

This made me laugh so hard. 

First, Geoff Botkin advising the Brits on how to vote and now Dougie advising us.  They are definitely legends in their own minds. 

Butbutbutbut - Geoff is an artist! cultural analyst! political consultant! documentary filmmaker! writer and lecturer!! He publishes materials primarily for leaders in the United States, Europe and Africa!!! It says so right there on Western Conservatory's website, so it must be true! And with all that international cred, everyone in England must be hanging on to his every word!!!!!!

20 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

I am not voting for Doug's children.

Is there even anyone alive who thinks this joker has any credibility?

I am sorry to say, we used to go to a church run by people who stood by DP after his fall. So far as I know, they're still running that church. My kids have diagnosed PTSD, and though I'm not diagnosed, I have a lot of the same reactions, all to say we stay as far away from those people as we can manage, while living in the same town.

Back when we were drinking the koolade, my spouse went to an informational meeting for the Constitution party (so, some years back). Even in the koolade days, (and he was something of a connoisseur of conspiracy theories) he came home shaking his head and saying those people had all gone 'round the bend.

So, yeah. They are alive and well and most probably spouting conspiracy theories (maybe Dougie has even convinced his die-hards that his downfall was all a conspiracy against him) and likely mad that some evangelical lets-get-back-to-biblical-values fundie isn't running on the Republican ticket. Go, them. I hope they round up *lots* of support for their Constitution party candidate. Lots. Split the conservative vote right down the middle...

@DomWackTrolldo you remember the name of the guy he was endorsing? I was going to look him up, but never got around to it.

And what does DougWP mean? Is W for his middle name? The picture didn't look at all like I remember him looking.

10 minutes ago, Marian the Librarian said:

Butbutbutbut - Geoff is an artist! cultural analyst! political consultant! documentary filmmaker! writer and lecturer!! He publishes materials primarily for leaders in the United States, Europe and Africa!!! It says so right there on Western Conservatory's website, so it must be true! And with all that international cred, everyone in England must be hanging on to his every word!!!!!!

And Duck Biologist.  Mustn't forget that.

Doug WP is Douglas Winston Phillips. And the pic on his FB page is his father, in younger days.

3 minutes ago, Marian the Librarian said:

Doug WP is Douglas Winston Phillips. And the pic on his FB page is his father, in younger days.

Oh. I might have known that "Winston" thing at one time, but it certainly didn't stick in my memory. And no wonder the picture didn't look like him! I'm not sure Howard Phillips' image is one I'd recognize. 

So his parents fancied him a statesman's future, did they? Historian, bulldog of a man, leading England safely through the stormy waters of war in the face of the Nazi threat to the free world... (Although as I recall, Churchill's career fizzled when the war was over. Fascinating man. I remember reading his account of being with Teddy Roosevelt and the Rough Riders as a young journalist, I think.)

What a name to live up to...

1 minute ago, refugee said:

Oh. I might have known that "Winston" thing at one time, but it certainly didn't stick in my memory. And no wonder the picture didn't look like him! I'm not sure Howard Phillips' image is one I'd recognize. 

So his parents fancied him a statesman's future, did they? Historian, bulldog of a man, leading England safely through the stormy waters of war in the face of the Nazi threat to the free world... (Although as I recall, Churchill's career fizzled when the war was over. Fascinating man. I remember reading his account of being with Teddy Roosevelt and the Rough Riders as a young journalist, I think.)

What a name to live up to...

Alas, such a thin line between fame and infamy....

Doug Phillips Is A Rapist is a longtime supporter of the Constitution Party, probably because his father was a founder of the party. The party's candidates are Darrell Castle for President & Scott Bradley [Mormon -- warning! warning!] for Vice-President.

Re: Howard Phillips as a father. Whatever delusional behaviors he encouraged in DPIAR and at least one other son (Brad, of the Persecution Project), Howard seemed to be a good dad to his daughters, considering the successful professional career of Alexandra (a.k.a. Alessandra Rossi-Filippi) who's been living & working in Germany for several years. 

Thanks, @hoipolloi.

Well, I guess Doug screwed up my thread, but we could always debate whether Spanky's son is hot or not. 

Isn't it, like, an abomination or something for men to have long hair? Or, wait-- is it okay if you're Scottish? 

Archived