IGNORED

Passion of the Christ II

47of74

I knew it!  Passion of the Christ II: Jesus is Back and He's Pissed Off!

http://www.cbc.ca/news/arts/passion-of-the-christ-sequel-plans-1.3628670

Braveheart screenwriter Randall Wallace says he's working with Mel Gibson on a follow-up to The Passion of the Christ.

Wallace told The Hollywood Reporter on Thursday that the new film will focus on the resurrection of Jesus.

The Hollywood Reporter noted that Wallace "reluctantly" confirmed rumours that the project was in the works, after Gibson recently said he was interested in doing another Passion film.

"The evangelical community considers The Passion the biggest movie ever out of Hollywood, and they kept telling us that they think a sequel will be even bigger," Wallace said.

I have no interest in seeing the original. I do recall it was a big deal back in the day. It seemed to stay in the theatres for a long time.

Regarding the sequel,  I want no part of anything associated with Mel Gibson. 

• 2 weeks later...

I personally lose all interest in the Jesus story after the initial resurrection. Nothing really happens during those 50 days that he's back? Or at least I've never been interested in that time after. I don't see why we need a sequel to this, though. Didn't "The Bible" effectively cover all this?

Archived