IGNORED

Lori Alexander Pt. 9: Writing The World's Worst Book

I wonder how Lori would feel if someone went to her daughter's *very public* Instagram, copied some of her pictures, and used them to write a blog post on immodesty and how parents should train their daughters better...

I am not in any way suggesting that someone should- Lori's daughter has done nothing to deserve that, but I would like to know how Lori would feel about it.  

The amount of gall it must have taken for her to post that picture is just astounding.

Now the angry bitties are in the comments blathering on about how it must be the moms fault, because naturally a father would never have allowed this.  Oh really? Ken, sure didn't seem to have a problem with it.  I believe he referred to her daughters' clothing choices as "Christian Risque".  Seems "risque" is a-okay with Ken as long as you slap "Christian" in front of it. 

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Koala said:

I wonder how Lori would feel if someone went to her daughter's *very public* Instagram, copied some of her pictures, and used them to write a blog post on immodesty and how parents should train their daughters better...

I am not in any way suggesting that someone should- Lori's daughter has done nothing to deserve that, but I would like to know how Lori would feel about it.  

The amount of gall it must have taken for her to post that picture is just astounding.

Now the angry bitties are in the comments blathering on about how it must be the moms fault, because naturally a father would never have allowed this.  Oh really? Ken, sure didn't seem to have a problem with it.  I believe he referred to her daughters' clothing choices as "Christian Risque".  Seems "risque" is a-okay with Ken as long as you slap "Christian" in front of it. 

Now, THAT would be epic winning. I won't because I am not even on instagram (I'm just too old and boring), but it would be hilarious. 

Lori did something similar when she wrote about her daughter's (Cassie, I think) junior high years.  She posted a picture of Cassie and this girl and went on to explain that once her daughter started hanging out with that girl, her behavior changed and became "less godly."  It was absolutely horrible and I kept wondering how that young girl felt being held up as a bad influence during a time period that happened years prior.

@Ken, shame on you and Lori!! How dare you smear the names and reputations of these young women!  What an embarrassment you must be to your children.  More importantly, the hypocrisy is outrageous considering how your daughters dress AND how Lori dresses with her low cut tops.  You owe these families an apology - a public one.

7 hours ago, Loveday said:

1. Nice way to let us all know, Lori, that you were on the homecoming court in high school. Humble bragging, much? :pb_rollseyes:

2. I'm kind of appalled that she didn't at least blur out the faces of those girls in the more recent photo. If I were one of them, or even their parents, I'd be pretty pissed off right now. :my_angry:

3. This is one of those times I wish I had a second FB account. I'd love to post that pic of Lori in her low cut dress on her wall. 

Hypocrisy, thy name is Lori Alexander.

I would too. It's funny how she craps on those girls and the school, yet in the past she sometimes bragged about how the Christian high school was godly and better than public schools. I think someone here figured out the name of the school, I can't recall if it was large school or not. If wasn't a big school, there is a chance that alums or parents of alums might already know about Lori's blog and are reading it and they could have already contacted the women in the picture. Those dresses don't look bad at all imo. Lori is a such fucking bitch. If she was upset about those dresses she should have found a Christian high school with a stricter dress code or whined back when her son was in high school.

I'm wondering if she's so out of touch that she doesn't realize that the vast majority of schools had their proms 1-3 months ago.

5 hours ago, usmcmom said:

Lori did something similar when she wrote about her daughter's (Cassie, I think) junior high years.  She posted a picture of Cassie and this girl and went on to explain that once her daughter started hanging out with that girl, her behavior changed and became "less godly."  It was absolutely horrible and I kept wondering how that young girl felt being held up as a bad influence during a time period that happened years prior.

@Ken, shame on you and Lori!! How dare you smear the names and reputations of these young women!  What an embarrassment you must be to your children.  More importantly, the hypocrisy is outrageous considering how your daughters dress AND how Lori dresses with her low cut tops.  You owe these families an apology - a public one.

I remember that incident too. It's hard for me to tell which incident is worse. In a way the incident with Cassi's friend was worse because it was one girl being singled out and this incident is four young women but Lori still smeared them. I agree with other posters, Lor probably wouldn't like it if people posted pictures of her in daughters in bikinis or her daughters or DILs in low cut shirts.

It appears Lori blurred out their faces. 

I wonder if someone, who knew one of those young ladies, said something.

Lori seriously should shut her pie hole. 

2 minutes ago, freealljs said:

It appears Lori blurred out their faces. 

I wonder if someone, who knew one of those young ladies, said something.

Lori seriously should shut her pie hole. 

No, just someone who has a daughter and would be infuriated if Lori had done that to her:whistle:

Yep. I hadn't ventured over there for a couple of weeks, but I did today...and I wish I hadn't.  I was keeping up with the crazy by following along here, but with lower levels of frustration and disgust than I experience from reading it firsthand.  

Surely someone affiliated with the school reads her blog.  I would be furious if that were my daughter/niece/granddaughter etc.  Using pics of other people's kids is a big no-no on the internet, and to use it to prove your antiquated hypocritical modesty views just makes it so much worse.  What's the name of that school again?  :shifty:

That she ever thought that posting that picture was okay/godly is mind blowing to me.  What kind of person does that?  I was just floored when I saw it this morning.  

Then in one of the comments she says something like "If we look like the rest of the world, how can we reflect Jesus to them?"  So, so much about appearances with these people, and yet I seem to recall a verse in the Bible that says "Man looks at the outward appearance, but God looks at the heart." 

Crazy thought, but maybe representing Jesus has more to do with showing grace, kindness, humility, love, forgiveness...and less to do with publicly chastising people for their clothes, their housekeeping or how early and often they spank their children?

I just can't stand it.

Wait, Lori was on the Homecoming Court? The same Lori that claimed she had no friends in high school because she was totes godly? Wut...

1 hour ago, Tim-Tom Biblethumper said:

Surely someone affiliated with the school reads her blog.  I would be furious if that were my daughter/niece/granddaughter etc.  Using pics of other people's kids is a big no-no on the internet, and to use it to prove your antiquated hypocritical modesty views just makes it so much worse.  What's the name of that school again?  :shifty:

The school is Santa Fe Christian. I did a search on here where an FJer mentioned it.

1 hour ago, Koala said:

First I've seen this. I'm going through all the articles featuring Lori, and the comments are gold. I suspect some of them were originally posted to Lori's blog but she didn't let them through. 

Wait, has this old blog of Lori's been discussed before?

http://cutelovesms6.blogspot.sg/2012/12/respecting-his-name.html

This blog only lasted from 2011-2012. It never blatantly says it belongs to her, but the picture in several posts CLEARLY are of her and ken. Have no clue what the domain "cutelovesms6" refers to.

I found it through a random search for Ashley Easter's story. Lori did a stupid "interview" with Ashley's ex-fiance (hilarious, considering that they broke off the engagement because of the guy's manipulative and abusive ways).
http://cutelovesms6.blogspot.sg/2012/07/how-to-choose-good-wife-how-to-be-one.html

@love2scrap Good find.

It almost looks like Lori might have been a, ahem, guest poster there.  It's weird 'cause that's definitely Lorken in the pic, but I'm not seeing her name anywhere.

Or did I miss it?

Or is the site just some kind of recap of blogs about marriage?

ETA: It looks like the interview you mentioned was done by Time Warp Wife rather than Lori.

Good find as well. Lori's Always Learning blog started in 2011 around the time her daughter-in-law Erin was pregnant and Emma was born a few months after the blog started. It's odd that Lori was guesting post on another blog, one of the entries on that site has picture of Lori's daughter Alyssa and her husband and their names are mentioned.

Lori has deleted all dissenting comments from yesterday.  It's fixed!  Everyone agrees with her.  She's the Godly Mentor!  Move along.  

In other news, Ken wrote another mini-book today.  General foolishness and shameless name dropping ensued:

What we and the Pearls are seeing far too often 

That's right...the Alexanders and the Pearls working as a team to straighten the unwashed masses out.  :pb_rollseyes:

Gah, these two.  I wonder what the people they know irl are saying.  Can you imagine?  You know full well that some of them probably tune in at 8:00 A.M. on the dot just to see the madness.  

So today's Lori post is about "what if he had an affair?":

Lori: When I was young, I was sure I would divorce Ken if he ever had an affair. Now, I know what a HUGE mistake it would have been.

I wonder exactly how many mistakes it would have been. (Thinking of Parent Trap... "There's a million reasons why, and they're all in the bank...")

Lori: Bitterness defiles many and bitterness is always deeply embedded in divorced couples. This bitterness would have defiled my children too. {Hebrews 12:15} We are commanded to forgive others 70 X 7 times and I would have failed to do this with him.

Maybe it's just our heathen family, but it's entirely possible to be divorced from someone and not hate them.  My parents had a better divorce than some people have marriages.  (She left him over a refusal to choose between her and the bottle.)  My ex-husband and I aren't like that, but we aren't bitter.  That being said, my best friend who stayed with the cheating jerk and forgave...only got cheated on more. (Yes, she eventually divorced him.)

Lori: Our children wouldn't have grown up with a mother and father in the same home. They would have been shuffled between his house and my house. There would have been no "home" for my children.

Again, things that are possible if you WORK on them.

Lori: I would have failed to "bear all things, endure all things" and many other commands from 1 Corinthians 13, the love chapter.

I would have torn asunder our one flesh marriage and failed to win him without a word with a meek and quiet spirit {1 Peter 3:1-6}. This is what God's solution is for wives with disobedient husbands.

I would have missed the blessings of growing older with him, enjoying family gatherings, and celebrating thirty five years of marriage to one man! I would have missed the empty nest with him and being able to enjoy our lives together instead of being alone.

I guess Corinthians doesn't saying anything about not bitching?

Also, again, heathens, but my mother and my stepfather are happily married and have been for 33 years in August.

Lori:  I would have had to get a job, leave my home, and have all the exhaustion that comes from this besides having others raise my children. 

It would have been terrible! Thankfully, he has never had an affair but I have seen too many women restore their marriages to their disobedient husbands and be so thankful that they did. They are bearing fruit for being a vow keeper even when it was very difficult and heartbreaking. God doesn't say our lives will be easy down here but if we do things His way, we will reap His wonderful blessings.

Who wants to bet this is the REAL reason in bold?

Here is the thing...is she sure he has never had an affair? who would be surprised that with all of Ken's traveling and how miserable they make each other that he hasn't cheated? No evidence just a thought....she is so focused on women never leaving even if there is an affair......

• SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic

Archived