IGNORED

Lori Alexander Pt. 9: Writing The World's Worst Book

Apparently Lori Alexander's book is a go. So many things to say about that, but instead, we'll just carry on from here: 

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its really funny how yet another commenter thought Lori wrote today's post only to be corrected. Goes to show that Lori isn't calling out enough attention that certain words aren't hers.Or does it go to show that if people cant read the footnote at bottom how then can we trust they are accurately reading bible correctly.. A simple post proves to confusing so how do they handle the bible.

It's because the Lori Format (BIG-ass picture with BIG creative lettering on it, something like 8-point "written by whoever", the regular body of the blog, and maybe "an excerpt from XX" tossed in at the bottom) doesn't exactly highlight the fact that they aren't her words.

Maybe she doesn't know that stealing someone's words is still stealing. I think the Bible mentions that's wrong. Maybe this is harsh but she is a nasty, passive aggressive bitch.

Back to the chiropractor discussion, I have found that more and more chiros that I see these day are very new-age, alternative therapy, essential oil, anti vax, etc. .so this discussion actually happening wouldn't surprise me.

11 hours ago, EmiGirl said:

Back to the chiropractor discussion, I have found that more and more chiros that I see these day are very new-age, alternative therapy, essential oil, anti vax, etc. .so this discussion actually happening wouldn't surprise me.

It wouldn't surprise me either. I've seen many claims about chiros that go WAAAYYY beyond the scope of what they should be practicing. It seems that Erika uses one for her kids' routine medical care, which is just bizarre. I know someone who works as a doula, and recently turned away a client who was exclusively using a chiro for prenatal care :pb_confused:

Well, this is odd. It's well after 9 am here on the east coast of the US, and Lori's latest post is still yesterday. Her posts always go up at 9 on the dot, like clockwork, every single day. I wonder if something's gone awry in Lori-Land. :think:

ETA: I spoke too soon. Fifteen minutes late, but today's topic is back alley abortions.

Wow, every time you think she couldn't possibly get any more anti-woman she surpasses herself.  It's fine for women to die due to illegal abortions because, obviously, it's their total fault if they have an unwanted pregnancy.  Even though many of those women were married.  Even though they legally couldn't say no to their husbands.  Even though they had no access to safe and effective contraception.

If you really want to stop abortion you have to stop unwanted pregnancies and you have to support, really support women who choose to have children.  That means financial, emotional and if desired spiritual support.  It means freely available safe and effective contraception.  It means empowering women to say no to sex and teaching men that they have no right to anyone's body except their own.  It means funding programs like WIC and Head Start. It means excellent free public schools and support for higher education. 

Lori, of course, wants absolutely none of this.  Shame and death are her mantras.  How Godly.

Do you know? Lori says, "Women leading and having their say is rarely a good idea." (Yes, she says that, exactly. No snarky translation.)

But what's that got to do with back alley abortions? Well, you see, it's a problem with women's suffrage.

How's that? Women used their votes foolishly to end the era dangerous secret abortions, all unwittingly beginning the era of sex-positive women making their own sexual choices.

Lori believes that having the option to E-Z-abort any unwelcome 'consequences' of sex is foundational to women's current sexual freedoms of choice. (Wanting sexual freedom of choice is 'manly' --because promiscuity is masculine and repression is feminine.)

Therefore: female insubordination = women's suffrage = abortion = murder = promiscuity. It's all the same thing! It's all women's fault!

Lori's answer: give your sex only to your headship, give your life to the care of many offspring, repress them well, and house-wifery will save us all! 

14 hours ago, Chocolatedefrauded said:

Maybe she doesn't know that stealing someone's words is still stealing. I think the Bible mentions that's wrong. Maybe this is harsh but she is a nasty, passive aggressive bitch.

There are times I think Lori has very low intelligence(possibly due to the brain tumor) on certain subjects and her constant plagiarizing may be due to that. I'm not making excuses for her and I honestly hope she gets called in a big way for stealing other people's words/blog posts. 

I think there might be a chance that her book could still get scrapped if the publisher and editors find out about her history of stealing other works. If the book does end up being released, I can't see it being a big thing. If she has to publicity or promo for it, she'll say something very stupid and will be shooting herself in the foot. 

She is a nasty person and at times I think she can be much worse than the other bloggers that we discuss here.

They also decided it was great to act like a man and be able to have sex outside of marriage, 

Lori, who do you think men were having sex with? I'm certain that some were having sex with each other, but then, as today, most were likely heterosexual, which meant that the majority of men having sex outside of marriage were having sex with women. And they most likely were not having sex with only married women (although I'm sure some were).

Life has been cheapened and degraded.

This is just an observation that has little to do with Lori's post, but I've noticed that those who claim to be pro-life are also those most offended by the BLM movement -- and also those who insist that people who break laws deserve to die (not necessarily pro-death penalty -- just the sort of person who says, "Well, he shouldn't have done XYZ if he didn't want to die.").

Since this Law came into being, there have been over 58 million abortions in America. Fifty eight million children have lost their lives so that some women wouldn't lose theirs in back alley abortions. 

Really, Lori? Are you so sure about that number? 

I was pregnant eight times with nine embryos. I have three living children. I had no abortions. 

I have friends who had several more pregnancies than they had children -- some that went nearly the full nine months. I had some who actually gave birth to living children who only lived a few hours. It's absolutely absurd that you think you can decide that all 58 million of those pregnancies would have survived and become living, breathing, healthy children. 

It's also absurd that you decide that women who don't want children and who are not (for whatever reason) in a position to rear children should be forced to raise children against their wills -- and that this will somehow end up with kids who are loved, well-adjusted and ready to change the world for the better. Here's a hint: It's not. I've seen what happens when women end up with kids they don't want. It's ugly. 

It's also ugly when women have kids for their own nasty manipulative purposes rather than having kids because they love them. You should know that.

1 hour ago, Pammy said:

Do you know? Lori says, "Women leading and having their say is rarely a good idea." (Yes, she says that, exactly. No snarky translation.)

So why does she have a blog? To have a say?

You know the book, Pollyanna, where the protagonist plays a game of trying to be glad about everything, no matter how bad it is?

Lori plays a similar game. She tried to blame feminism for everything, no matter what it is.

Cancer? Women leave the home, don't "fix healthy meals", husbands eat crap, get cancer

Unemployment? That's an easy women. Women leave the home, get jobs, not enough jobs for men

A dog just bit my child? Women working, no women at home, no one to control or train dog

Psychotic man on the street? His mother was not a "keeper of the home", she bought into the feminist lie, did not fix him healthy foods or hit him with leather strap. . .

etc etc

Welp, I guess we know how this reader feels:

I'm curious why you only have 4 children if you believe that all birth control, even if it's natural, is Evil? You mentioned your health problems stopped you from having more children. But you were in your early 30s when that happened. 

How did you ensure you didn't have any more children? Either you 1) were very, very, very, very lucky and never got pregnant again, 2) never had sex with Ken until after menopause, or 3) used birth control. 

if you chose option #3 then you made the decision that 100s of 1000s of women do every day -- to protect their health in order to concentrate on the family they have. And furthermore if #3 was your choice then, according to your beliefs, you are not a godly woman because you used birth control, which in your world is EVIL. 

Lori, I know you will never publish this, because you NEVER publish a comment by someone who disagrees with you or calls you out on your hypocrisy. I'm not even sure you'll read it as I suspect you instantly dismiss anyone who isn't 100% in agreement with you 

But I'm going to write this anyway because even privately you need to hear what a huge judgemental HYPOCRITE you are. You advocate women have as many children as possible, no exceptions, not even their own health. Yet YOU CHOSE to limit your family size for health reasons. You gave yourself the choice your want to deny to every other woman. Shame on you 

You are the epitome of a hyprocritical "Do as I say, not as I do" woman. And that dear Lori is in NO WAY GODLY. 

You are so fond of quoting Scripture I'll leave you with this as it is an an admonition you seems to have missed: 

Matthew 7:1-3 King James Version 

1 Judge not, that ye be not judged. 

2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. 

3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

Portion of Lori's reply:

I have never gone up to somebody and told them they should be having a lot of children and using birth control. 

:pb_confused: Nope, cause that would require leaving her house (something a Godly woman would never do).  Lori just vomits her "admonishments" to the world wide web. Totally Godly.

I want to give that reader a hand, @Koala.  How convenient for Lori that apparently the tumor on her pituitary gland kept her from having any more children.

Then on another comment (the one where the commenter is personally opposed to abortion doesn't necessarily think it should be banned), Ken chimes in with these gems:

I would love to ban all abortions that do not have an impact on the mother's life, and in those cases leave it up to the parents and doctors to decide.

Ken, I'm pretty sure that women are having an abortion because of the impact a child would have on their life.  (I assume he means "life of the mother".)

That said, I would fight for any law that protects life... so starting with no late term abortions, then no midterm abortions... at least the democrats have to be willing to see the moral sense in banning these abortions.

Except for the fact that "life of the mother" usually comes into play in this time period... but I guess Ken's not concerned with their life.

How about we just love children and have them all be born... instead of being so darn selfish with eternal consequences?

God said be fruitful and multiply, but this command does not insist that one has a baby every chance you can. NFP just means cooling for a week or so a month.... and there is nothing unbiblical about that. I would have loved four more just like we have now if I could have. Live and learn... and try to get others to not make the same mistakes.

Well, generally, Ken, it's not the eternal consequences people are concerned with.  It's the realities of life here on Earth, where babies need stuff like diapers and food, and where they take up a LOT of time.  And not all of us have sabotaged our birth control so we can stay home.

I'd be willing to be that by "cooling for a week or so", Ken means "handy or BJ time".

And then there's the genius who says "life of the mother" children should just be delivered early, because preemies are doing so well now.

We have friends who recently went through the pain of discovering that their wanted second child had anencephaly.  They decided to go through with the birth and have that small slice of time with that child, and that's okay.  Because it was THEIR choice, because they were prepared for what was coming, and this was how they chose to deal with it.  For me, though, I think it would have made me snap if I couldn't have an abortion.  That's why it's a choice, and needs to stay a choice.

A few years ago there was a case of a couple who learned that their unborn son had a brain defect(it may have been anencephaly but I'm not sure), so they decided to create a "bucket list" while he was still in the womb.  I believe they accomplished everything before he was born, but sadly, he lived only a few hours.

Would I have made the same choice?  I honestly don't know.

Do I respect that choice?  Absolutely.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/09/living/bucket-list-baby/

Why, oh why, do I ever read anything written by/about this crazy bitch?  She pushes my buttons like no other fundie freak.  Seriously.  The last time I read her thread (stupidly, at bedtime), my blood pressure went sky high and I couldn't sleep.

I actually had the same pituitary tumor that L. has/had.  It wreaked total havoc on my body. But rather than blame any of my shortcomings on it, I fought really hard and still did everything I needed to.

So rather than waste any more time on this vicious wench -- or, more importantly, undo the precious Botox procedure I had done yesterday -- I'm gonna scratch her off my reading list for the foreseeable future.

Once again, Lori has plagiarized a guest post up. 

The Joy-Filled Wife tells a story of a woman who gave up dressing either immodestly or gender neutrally (not sure), started dressing more like what TJFW thinks she should and says this: 

What impacted me as well was her humble spirit when others would approach her and ask why she was dressing differently than before.

Do all of these people exaggerate/tell tall tales/lie straight up when telling their stories/parables? Or do they just live in bizarrely rude parts of the country?

Somewhat OT personal rambling: 

Spoiler

I can't imagine any situation in which someone would walk up to me and ask why I was dressing differently than before unless I suddenly started wearing clown suits everywhere. Even when I had to start wearing medical compression on my arms and legs in the last year, not one person questioned it, and compression garments are definitely odd-looking.

Lori, you need to make it more obvious when you're using someone else to fill your blog. I was halfway through today's entry before I realized it was far too literate to be coming from you. 

2 minutes ago, polecat said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Lori, you need to make it more obvious when you're using someone else to fill your blog. I was halfway through today's entry before I realized it was far too literate to be coming from you. 

That's how I always tell.  And you can tell when Ken's writing, because it resembles a small book.

43 minutes ago, polecat said:

Once again, Lori has plagiarized a guest post up. 

The Joy-Filled Wife tells a story of a woman who gave up dressing either immodestly or gender neutrally (not sure), started dressing more like what TJFW thinks she should and says this: 

Do all of these people exaggerate/tell tall tales/lie straight up when telling their stories/parables? Or do they just live in bizarrely rude parts of the country?

Somewhat OT personal rambling: 

Hide contents

I can't imagine any situation in which someone would walk up to me and ask why I was dressing differently than before unless I suddenly started wearing clown suits everywhere. Even when I had to start wearing medical compression on my arms and legs in the last year, not one person questioned it, and compression garments are definitely odd-looking.

I know! Not only do women go up to this woman to ask why she is dressing differently, but it happens just when the JFW is standing there. And she makes it sound like it happened more than once.

So, if we are to believe this, on more than one occasion, the JFW is standing with this modestly dressed woman and another lady comes up and says, "Why are you dressing differently than before?" 

Really? This happened?

43 minutes ago, polecat said:

What impacted me as well was her humble spirit when others would approach her and ask why she was dressing differently than before.

I don't know about her "tall tales" but I did have one or two people comment that I was dressing differently, after we left our church. Stand down, Troll Hunters. It was like this -- it's not like they walked up and said, "Hey, why are you wearing blue jeans? You always used to wear skirts or dresses!" No, it was more like something that came up a long way into a long conversation where the talk turned to what was different in all our lives (kids growing up, health issues, aging parents, job changes, new house, new church, in our case no more church at the time). And it would come in the form of a knowing nod, a thoughtful, "I'd noticed a difference," that somehow I understood was referring to the change from "skirts only" for myself.

And maybe I was reading it all wrong. What was it Marilla said to Anne? "You think entirely too much about yourself!" (Or maybe that was Anne McCaffrey, Menolly's mother talking to Menolly.) There's always that possibility.

(PS, I never enforced that "rule" for our daughters -- it seemed legalistic to do that, and skirts and dresses are so confining when it comes to tree climbing and running and active play. I caught flak for allowing them to engage in active play, too. Wasn't "ladylike." SMH. What's wrong with people? What was wrong with *us* parents-so-called-adults?)

I have sometimes changed my clothing style based on what is available when I've changed sizes, what's on sale at stores, etc. I hate shopping, so when I find something that fits and that I like, I often buy several variations of it.

I've had people come up to me and say things like "hey, what's with the suits lately?" or "I've been noticing you wearing more skirts lately...nice!" It's no big deal, but it's always something that comes up in the context of conversations with people I know well. But it happens.

1 hour ago, refugee said:

I don't know about her "tall tales" but I did have one or two people comment that I was dressing differently, after we left our church. Stand down, Troll Hunters. It was like this -- it's not like they walked up and said, "Hey, why are you wearing blue jeans? You always used to wear skirts or dresses!" No, it was more like something that came up a long way into a long conversation where the talk turned to what was different in all our lives (kids growing up, health issues, aging parents, job changes, new house, new church, in our case no more church at the time). And it would come in the form of a knowing nod, a thoughtful, "I'd noticed a difference," that somehow I understood was referring to the change from "skirts only" for myself.

And maybe I was reading it all wrong. What was it Marilla said to Anne? "You think entirely too much about yourself!" (Or maybe that was Anne McCaffrey, Menolly's mother talking to Menolly.) There's always that possibility.

(PS, I never enforced that "rule" for our daughters -- it seemed legalistic to do that, and skirts and dresses are so confining when it comes to tree climbing and running and active play. I caught flak for allowing them to engage in active play, too. Wasn't "ladylike." SMH. What's wrong with people? What was wrong with *us* parents-so-called-adults?)

I can see acknowledging that they notice a difference -- like, "Hey, your hair looks nice! Did you get highlights?" Or "Wow, I like the new look!" referring to a style change in clothes. But TJFW specifically said the people were asking *why* the woman had changed her style, which just strikes me as strange. idk. 

Maybe I'm the weird one on this, but I'd probably feel quite uncomfortable if someone asked me *why* I'd changed my clothing style. and it's definitely not something I'd ask someone else. I'll stand down on this one and acknowledge my ignorance on etiquette if this is really a normal, everyday thing. 

• SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic

Archived