IGNORED

John Shrader Pt 8- Me, me, me missionary

samurai_sarah

On 7/8/2016 at 5:45 PM, Gobsmacked said:

Has he bought the appropriate chicken husbandry books?

Maybe he's taking a page out of the Naugler Book of Animal Husbandry.

Acquire animal(s). Ask your FB followers their best tricks and tips for taking care of said animal(s). Take pictures of animal(s) and post on FB as long as healthy and cute and photogenic. Suddenly stop talking about or referring to animal(s), ignore questions about how they are doing. Rinse and repeat.

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Someone smashed the window of the "Truth Teller"(or whatever he calls it) and also stole the battery. John is looking forward to saving the soul of this person and having them confess that they were the one who took the battery.:roll:

He will be old and grey before that happens!!!

He is also lucky that the troopie still has all four tyres and isn't perched up on bricks!!!!!!!

46 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

He will be old and grey before that happens!!!

He is also lucky that the troopie still has all four tyres and isn't perched up on bricks!!!!!!!

It may sound mean - but I am all for Zambians liberating John's ill-gotten spoils.  If you have the vulgarity to flash your (or rather your leg-humpers') wealth around - don't be surprised if people think that you can spare a few things.

17 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

It may sound mean - but I am all for Zambians liberating John's ill-gotten spoils.  If you have the vulgarity to flash your (or rather your leg-humpers') wealth around - don't be surprised if people think that you can spare a few things.

This plus plus plus. Anyone with common sense would have bought a roadworthy old vehicle. Slightly battered but capable of passing its MOT.

Our John boy is  missing the common sense gene poor soul.

Reading this makes me wonder if my church growing up sponsored any useless missionaries.  We were independent fundamentalist Baptists.  Iirc a lot of missionaries were affiliated with larger organizations but had to drum up support from multiple churches. 

I am SUPER not surprised about the vandalism/theft to his Truth Carrier. Wait, that's not true-- I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner.

Totally agree.

20 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

I think it is something of a miracle that the whole "Truth Teller" wasn't nicked months ago but perhaps it is far too easily identifiable.  John has so much expensive stuff.

John also packed Roderick and Handia off with a supply of tracts to proselytize at the funeral of Roderick's uncle.  I have a particularly visceral hatred of this behavior:  "Sorry, mourning family, but the dear departed is BURNING IN HELL FOR ETERNITY.  So let me convert you all to REAL Christianity!" 

It makes me want to vomit.

Yes, the thought of sweet relatives in mourning being told their loved one is burning in the torments of hell literally made my heart ache in my chest.  Truly, I can't imagine this.  

Back to the chickens.  As I recall, they are in an area that is loosely suburban; I'm recalling the situation with snakes in the yard.  Chickens will also attract predators of all stripes: stray dogs, critters, snakes.  They will definitely need a super secure set up to keep the chickens in and any determined critters OUT. 

This is not the first time John has mentioned proselytizing at funerals.  It seems to be a favored technique.

I think Satan will soon be hard at work sabotaging the ill conceived chicken enterprise.  I'm not sure who I feel most sorry for - the chickens or the converts and kids that will have to look after them.

Re. the Truthiness-mobile I did have a further thought.

John says (public facebook):

Wouldn't it be totally AWESOME to lead someone to Christ one day and have them confess to stealing the battery?!!

That would be, as our firstborn Enoch would say, "Epic".

Wouldn't it be totally AWESOME if the person who took a five finger discount on the battery turns out to have been one of John's existing band of well-digging chicken-farming converts?

That would be, as Palimpsest would say, "Epic!"

23 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Wouldn't it be totally AWESOME if the person who took a five finger discount on the battery turns out to have been one of John's existing band of well-digging chicken-farming converts?

It did cross my mind that John has set himself up perfectly to be played by a more cynical individual.  Candy from a baby.*  Da plane! Da plane! 

*A minute after I posted that, I had a vision of John as a very large baby who WOULD NOT let go of the candy.  

7 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

This is not the first time John has mentioned proselytizing at funerals.  It seems to be a favored technique.

I think Satan will soon be hard at work sabotaging the ill conceived chicken enterprise.  I'm not sure who I feel most sorry for - the chickens or the converts and kids that will have to look after them.

Re. the Truthiness-mobile I did have a further thought.

John says (public facebook):

Yeah! Love it!!

8 hours ago, Howl said:

It did cross my mind that John has set himself up perfectly to be played by a more cynical individual.  Candy from a baby.*  Da plane! Da plane! 

*A minute after I posted that, I had a vision of John as a very large baby who WOULD NOT let go of the candy.  

Didn't Mythbusters try this?  I think it was very funny.

John is a ginormous  baby.

The mere thought of John boy as a very large baby just put me right off my beer. That horrible unfit lardy body wobbling around. 

Ugh. Cringe. Yuk.

42 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

The mere thought of John boy as a very large baby just put me right off my beer. That horrible unfit lardy body wobbling around. 

Ugh. Cringe. Yuk.

Pardon me while I upchuck.

42 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

Ugh. Cringe. Yuk.

John actually looks a bit fitter than he did when on deputation.  Esther looks - not as healthy these days.  I'll leave it at that.

And my sincere apologies for putting you off your beer but I found it! "Adam" = Shrader.

He's just so up his own ass. Like, the thief DESERVES what's coming to him because he stole a MISSIONARY'S battery, which is way worse than stealing one from anyone else :pb_rollseyes:

Even his assumption that they could one day convert the thief, and then they would get a confession. You don't have to be a special biblical believer baptist christian to understand that vandalism and stealing are wrong. Whoever did it simply found a way to justify what they were doing. It's almost like their sense of right and wrong is as flexible as Shrader's...

This is a quote from a recent post about making donations towards a soon-to-be-wed couple's housing:

Our family has a policy to never ask for funds for anything for ourselves, but the Lord may be providing an opportunity...

Does John never ask directly for funds and is able to say this because he asks his dad who writes the check?  Maybe I am misreading this. 

55 minutes ago, CTRLZero said:

This is a quote from a recent post about making donations towards a soon-to-be-wed couple's housing:

Our family has a policy to never ask for funds for anything for ourselves, but the Lord may be providing an opportunity...

Does John never ask directly for funds and is able to say this because he asks his dad who writes the check?  Maybe I am misreading this. 

I think it's just Shrader's special mental gymnastics. Many times he asks for "prayers", but he would certainly not turn down any money that came along with them. Or he talks about raising funds for his missions - he's not technically asking for money for himself, the money is for the people of Zambia! He's going to bring them closer to his god, whether they want it or not. And if he spends some of that missions money on a matching fridge/freezer set, well that was just the Lord providing an opportunity.

6 hours ago, slickcat79 said:

I think it's just Shrader's special mental gymnastics. Many times he asks for "prayers", but he would certainly not turn down any money that came along with them. Or he talks about raising funds for his missions - he's not technically asking for money for himself, the money is for the people of Zambia! He's going to bring them closer to his god, whether they want it or not. And if he spends some of that missions money on a matching fridge/freezer set, well that was just the Lord providing an opportunity.

John boy would easily win a gold medal if mental gymnastics was an Olympic sport.

He would also win gold for passive -aggressive grifting.

The J-Rods would be close on his heels for Gold.

Our family has a policy to never ask for funds for anyone but ourselves, but the Lord may be providing an opportunity...

There, that makes more sense, Jon. [emoji2]

Somehow john has brainwashed these people. I read the post about the engagement and saw that the woman encouraged her husband NOT to take a job where they would be getting about 4 times as much money so they wouldn't be far away from the church and john is thrilled! I think they said he made $95 a month now and he would get $400 including housing for him and his wife if he would move to the new job. My pastor would be furious at both me and my husband if we turned something like that down. 

53 minutes ago, EmiGirl said:

Somehow john has brainwashed these people. I read the post about the engagement and saw that the woman encouraged her husband NOT to take a job where they would be getting about 4 times as much money so they wouldn't be far away from the church and john is thrilled! I think they said he made $95 a month now and he would get $400 including housing for him and his wife if he would move to the new job. My pastor would be furious at both me and my husband if we turned something like that down. 

That's horrible! John shouldn't be happy about this, the woman has made her husband miss out on an amazing opportunity for their family. This isn't a case of greed winning out over being a good Christian, its about not being in poverty. $95 a month really doesn't go far, with housing, food, bills etc. $400, including housing will make their lives so much better. I bet John even expects them to donate money to him when theyre on $95 a month too.

33 minutes ago, ILoveJellybeans said:

That's horrible! John shouldn't be happy about this, the woman has made her husband miss out on an amazing opportunity for their family. This isn't a case of greed winning out over being a good Christian, its about not being in poverty. $95 a month really doesn't go far, with housing, food, bills etc. $400, including housing will make their lives so much better. I bet John even expects them to donate money to him when theyre on $95 a month too.

Oh no doubt they're expected to at least tithe. Not to mention offerings above and beyond that. 

Let's also take into account that the Mrs. will not be allowed to work and be expected to pop out as many babies as possible. 

I am wondering - Johnny-boy managed to get a leg-humper to send a love offering enough cash to replace the battery in the Truthiness-mobile and to pay for 2 cheap rings for Roderick and his bride.

Has John also been qualified to marry people in Zambia (there are actual laws about that) - or is this just a Historic Biblical Covenant wedding further to screw Roderick's unfortunate bride?

The bride has the right ideas.  Roderick and John - not so much.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived