IGNORED

John Shrader Pt 8- Me, me, me missionary

samurai_sarah

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dearly beloved, John would be blessed to know we have given him so much attention that another thread has been started in his name.

Dearly beloved,

Once more we are free to ask where on earth that plane went to. And why Zambia has to suffer this.

Disclaimer: This is NOT an official helpmeet/mod post. This is me goofing off, when I should be working.

Ever since clearinthingsup mentioned that the plane is apparently a heap of junk I have had a picture in my head of a large supermarket trolley full of airplane bits standing rusting on an old Runway some where in the Zambian bush.

Must have wine. Must have wine.........

Dearly Beloved,

Why is it that none of his supporting churches did a tiny bit of research to realize that all the money they were dumping into training John to fly a plane was useless and they were just paying for John to play? I'm pretty sure that it was discussed here that it seemed like a waste of money. Are IFB members morally opposed to Google? 

I also wonder why John doesn't just go ahead and start carving the names and birthdays of his children on the bottom of the cradle instead of waiting to see if the Lord is willing and if he tarries. Does God really care?

What kind of parents result in a kid like John Shrader who is completely narcissistic and selfish, and a kid like Jace, who is obviously having lots of person inner-conflicts and seems quite troubled? Seems like there was a severe unbalance in the way ma and pa Shrader parented their kids and to me they seem like really sucky people. 

I don't think it was just his parents, though they played a big part in it, but at the same time he was surrounded by churches and people who played right into his narcissism. They gave him a platform in which to live out his fantasy of greatness with very little oversight or questioning. An environment was created where people like John thrive. 

1 hour ago, clearingthingsup said:

What kind of parents result in a kid like John Shrader who is completely narcissistic and selfish, and a kid like Jace, who is obviously having lots of person inner-conflicts and seems quite troubled? Seems like there was a severe unbalance in the way ma and pa Shrader parented their kids and to me they seem like really sucky people. 

I get the impression that John is the favourite child, his dad seems to put him first, even giving him the money raised in his sister's name after she died, despite the fact she wasn't fundie and had a young daughter who probably needed the money more than John did to annoy the people of Zambia. John is the only one who seems to have stayed fundie too, and he seems to be a lot like his dad.

Im guessing that growing up, John was the golden child, the one who could absolutely do no wrong, and was his dad's little mini me. I bet he was the sort of kid who never got in trouble, despite being a selfish jerk, because Daddy got him out of trouble and gave him everything he wanted. The sort of family where when the kids fought, the favourite child would never get blamed even if he started it, or would have to just give in and let John do what he wanted because the golden child doesn't get disciplined, and that even if any of the other kids won a gold medal in the Olympics or made an important scientific discovery, the dad would still see John's pathetic missionary work as the most important thing ever.

Dearly beloved,

I envision John as having been the kid who was the tattletale, the "Look at ME, Daddy!  Watch me, Daddy!  Daddy, LOOK!" kid, the crybaby and also the verbal bully, the manipulator who knew how to make his siblings look bad so he'd look good, the know-it-all in Sunday School, the kid who never had a hair out of place, and whose shirt was always tucked in.

Basically, the same kid he still is today.

Beloved, please forward to the 4:12 mark.  

Eat wheel poot eh smile awn yohr fehcez, beeleev me, brothahz ahnd seestahz.

(Arcade, good job of giving your testimony in English!  John can't even mutter a Bible verse in the local language.)

4 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

Ever since clearinthingsup mentioned that the plane is apparently a heap of junk I have had a picture in my head of a large supermarket trolley full of airplane bits standing rusting on an old Runway some where in the Zambian bush.

Must have wine. Must have wine.........

If what you're looking for is "whine," then just call Brother Shrader...he's got gallons but it isn't the good stuff.

1 hour ago, Gimme a Free RV said:

Beloved, please forward to the 4:12 mark.  

Eat wheel poot eh smile awn yohr fehcez, beeleev me, brothahz ahnd seestahz.

(Arcade, good job of giving your testimony in English!  John can't even mutter a Bible verse in the local language.)

Holy Mary Mother of God! This is the first time I witnessed him using his African accent. I am flabbergasted. I know you mentioned it. It is so shocking to see it first hand. Are we sure he is not actually possessed by demons? It's like snap, he is someone else. He is Legion!

And, @Grimalkin, did you notice John saying it was a special day because it was HIS (John's) first baptism in Zambia?

Oh, right.  Arcade happened to be there as well.

12 minutes ago, Gimme a Free RV said:

And, @Grimalkin, did you notice John saying it was a special day because it was HIS (John's) first baptism in Zambia?

Oh, right.  Arcade happened to be there as well.

I didn't catch that but omg you are right!

Does anyone know of any pre-Zambia videos of John? I'd like to hear what he sounded like before going over there, so I can do a comparison.

One of his stateside sermons is on his YouTube channel.  He doesn't use the voice in Zambia if he's just around his family.  He is very aware of how he is purposely mimicking the Zambians.

4 hours ago, Granwych said:

If what you're looking for is "whine," then just call Brother Shrader...he's got gallons but it isn't the good stuff.

:giggle:  Had wine!  Also listened to some very good ( unexpected ) Jazz music. Sometimes life rocks up the best surprises!!!

6 hours ago, Gimme a Free RV said:

Dearly beloved,

I envision John as having been the kid who was the tattletale, the "Look at ME, Daddy!  Watch me, Daddy!  Daddy, LOOK!" kid, the crybaby and also the verbal bully, the manipulator who knew how to make his siblings look bad so he'd look good, the know-it-all in Sunday School, the kid who never had a hair out of place, and whose shirt was always tucked in.

Basically, the same kid he still is today.

Yep. I bet he was insufferable when he was in ATI.  Didn't he decide to be a missionary when he was like 10? I think he learned early on how to manipulate people and situations to get his way. He figured out how to be "godly" and that people in his circle don't question too much if you word things right. He tried with being a pastor* and when that didn't work out, he latched onto being a missionary. And an IFB missionary is just a perfect slot for John because there is virtually no oversight. I think the Southern Baptist summer youth volunteers were investigated more heavily than IFB churches investigated John before deciding to help send him to Zambia.  

John is a con man through and through and the IFB churches just made it super easy for him to con folks out of money. Anyone remember how much money was spent on his plane and training him to fly? It was a lot. Somebody should have really used Google before paying for that. 

*I would love to hear the stories from the church where he was pastor. I bet they were glad to get rid of him. 

ETA: His wife just had a baby and John is writing epic FB posts about how he can translate the Bible better than anyone else when it comes to the verses about wine. I think John just might shrivel up and die if he didnt' have FB. 

6 hours ago, ILoveJellybeans said:

I get the impression that John is the favourite child, his dad seems to put him first, even giving him the money raised in his sister's name after she died, despite the fact she wasn't fundie and had a young daughter who probably needed the money more than John did to annoy the people of Zambia. John is the only one who seems to have stayed fundie too, and he seems to be a lot like his dad.

I completely agree. And does it annoy anyone else when he refers to his father as his "hero-father" and every single time he mentions him he has to use the most excessive flattery ? It's ridiculous and blatant and makes me want to gouge my eyes out. What is he trying to accomplish ? Ensure Daddy keeps conning his parishioners to support his useless son ? Keep his ego so inflated he doesn't realise his son is a parasite ?

If anyone doubts John's love of legalism and works as part of his belief system, just look at the cold water he threw on this poster's reply in a series of well wishes for Agape's birthday:

IMG_20160604_215115.jpg

John is referring to a princess doll on the top of Agape's birthday cake that she and her sister made together.  John is being defrauded by a character on an 8-year old's birthday cake.  

Dad of the year! 

17 minutes ago, Gimme a Free RV said:

If anyone doubts John's love of legalism and works as part of his belief system, just look at the cold water he threw on this poster's reply in a series of well wishes for Agape's birthday:

IMG_20160604_215115.jpg

John is referring to a princess doll on the top of Agape's birthday cake that she and her sister made together.  John is being defrauded by a character on an 8-year old's birthday cake.  

Dad of the year! 

I saw this too and majorly eye-rolled. If you're being defrauded by a kids playtoy that doesn't even actually show cleavage, maybe your ding-dong is set to the wrong calibration. :bangheaddesk:

I bet Esther wishes she could reset his dingdong's calibration!

You know, I imagine Agape was so pleased and proud of the cake she and her sister made together.  It really is a nice-looking cake, too!  Then, daddy comes along and finds something wrong with how she decorated it.  If he voiced his displeasure about that, Agape will, for years, remember "Daddy didn't like the cake I made."

18 minutes ago, Gimme a Free RV said:

I bet Esther wishes she could reset his dingdong's calibration!

You know, I imagine Agape was so pleased and proud of the cake she and her sister made together.  It really is a nice-looking cake, too!  Then, daddy comes along and finds something wrong with how she decorated it.  If he voiced his displeasure about that, Agape will, for years, remember "Daddy didn't like the cake I made."

We all know John's priorities - it's far important to him that the public are aware of his virtuous thoughts and its made clear he hasn't been lusting after plastic figurines -- his daughter's joy over her birthday cake or her legitimate need for parental approval isn't of that much eternal consequence, you know. *eyeroll*

Hopefully people can actually see the video. Shrader's announcement about the NEW HERITAGE!! from last fall. No accent whatsoever, but the smug comes through.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived