• Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
love2scrap

Another Fundie Family-Tim and Franicia White

73 posts in this topic

I am guessing they are fairly close to the Duggars as one blog post on the first page states that they were invited to Dimbulb's birthday party.

timandfranicia.com/blog

Also, wtf with their daughter being named Heistheway.

I guess the upside of being homeschooled is that she won't get teased and her ass kicked for having such a stupid name.

I totally read it is as "heist away." I wonder why she is trying to heist?

Hi's thaway

is how I read it lol

I think that's actually how the family pronounces it... at least I seem to remember that it is NOT pronounced as though it were the individual words in the sentence (i.e., NOT He. Is. The. Way.)

It makes me think of the Heisman Trophy

So next someone will spell it backwards, right, to be extra-trendy? That would be Yawehtsieh.

So next someone will spell it backwards, right, to be extra-trendy? That would be Yawehtsieh.

And it has the serendipitous benefit of using the ultra-trendy fundy approximation of the 4-letter name of G-d!

How the hell do you even pronounce that?

And I though Schrader's kids names we're awful. Agape anyone?

And I though Schrader's kids names we're awful. Agape anyone?

At least Agape is a real word, and kind of a cool concept. **calling AreteJo for the Greek history/etymology** as I don't have it at my fingertips. I rather like it, myself.

Didn't a judge just recently rule that a child's name had to be changed? I think the name was Messiah. It was in the mid South, Tennessee maybe.

Our school district in MN had a lot of immigrants from West Africa who had very Christian names, some of which bordered on the edge. Of course now I can't think of any example

Yeah, the family pronounces it Hi's theway.

At least Agape is a real word, and kind of a cool concept. **calling AreteJo for the Greek history/etymology** as I don't have it at my fingertips. I rather like it, myself.

Except that a ton of these SOTDRT graduates are going to pronounce it as the adjective, rather than the lovely-sounding noun. Can't you imagine J'Chelle talking to the camera, "And this is my precious granddaughter, aah-gayp..."

I lack AreteJo's knowledge of Greek word etymologies, but I remember "agape" from church sermons as the unconditional love a parent has for their child. Beautiful concept for a name, sure to be completely ruined by the fact that this word has a dual meaning in English. When pronounced "ah-gape," it indicates one's expression when one's jaw is hanging open. As is mine, over the fact that a parent would name a child "Agape." *rimshot*

(Couldn't have opted for "Aletheia," the Biblical concept meaning " truth in unconcealment?" Too Platonic/Heideggerian for our Fundie friends, I suppose?)

Yeah, the family pronounces it Hi's theway.

That's it. I want someone to name their next kid Flyingspaghettimonster (with a french accent) and PleasebeatmeUp and little Myparentshateme-Marie.

I lack AreteJo's knowledge of Greek word etymologies, but I remember "agape" from church sermons as the unconditional love a parent has for their child. Beautiful concept for a name, sure to be completely ruined by the fact that this word has a dual meaning in English. When pronounced "ah-gape," it indicates one's expression when one's jaw is hanging open. As is mine, over the fact that a parent would name a child "Agape." *rimshot*

(Couldn't have opted for "Aletheia," the Biblical concept meaning " truth in unconcealment?" Too Platonic/Heideggerian for our Fundie friends, I suppose?)

Funny enough, Agape has a sister named Aletheia. (And two more named Charis and Sophia.)

Funny enough, Agape has a sister named Aletheia. (And two more named Charis and Sophia.)

And it has the serendipitous benefit of using the ultra-trendy fundy approximation of the 4-letter name of G-d!

Now that's a Yawsome name. Too bad Lina and TT are no longer fake Jews, as it would be the perfect name for child #2.

I really like the name Charis.

Now that's a Yawsome name. Too bad Lina and TT are no longer fake Jews, as it would be the perfect name for child #2.

Amazing! We should start taking bets on what ridiculous name the hypothetical next one will wind up with given the divided beliefs and interests of his or her parents. Maybe Augustine Darwin? Theresa-Ada Lovelace? St. Francis- Turing?

This family has sparked interest in the Duggar threads.

Here's there website:White website

I hadn't realized he was involved in the shooting at the NOSC in Chattanooga.  As the spouse of a naval officer, I was wondering what an LCDR was doing in Chattanooga.  I figured he was in the reserves or something.

Oh, and look who was quoted in this article!  http://www.stripes.com/news/us/navy-officer-confirms-he-shot-at-chattanooga-gunman-with-personal-weapon-1.360690

A very familiar name.  How do all these people know each other?

I like how one of the kids is named Heistheway while the others have names that aren't so unfortunate. Hopefully she has a nice nickname.