IGNORED

Tori Bates Courtship- Part 2

samurai_sarah

7 hours ago, RoseWilder said:

My cynical side says maybe they're marrying off so many of their kids so quickly because they saw the desert wasteland of boredom 19 Kids and Counting became when they were in a marriage dry spell. The Bates currently have enough children courting/marrying and procreating to fuel episodes for a long time. I think even without the multiple scandals, the Duggar show was on the verge of drying up. They only have 3 married kids and Anna and Jill don't appear to be producing children at as rapid of a pace as Michelle did. And there don't seem to be any courtships on the horizon, or babies for that matter, which leaves endless field trips. The Bates family doesn't have to worry about that any time soon. 

My cynical side says that they probably don't have the financial resources to house, feed, and clothe a pack of kidults in perpetuity the way the Duggars do. 

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, JesusCampSongs said:

My cynical side says that they probably don't have the financial resources to house, feed, and clothe a pack of kidults in perpetuity the way the Duggars do. 

They let Lawson stay since he brings in money. That they can borrow from him....

@HerNameIsBuffy are you saying I am not a good missionary?!

Damn. I was totes planning to use my Internet Forum Certificationtm to score a free trip with my mission board director uncle next time he takes off to Mymar or Kenya for three months to build churches and houses and stuff.

Humph. Buffy is so meeean to me.

5 hours ago, Tangy Bee said:

Does anyone know much about Courtney Green? She has a lot of nice instagram pics hanging with the Bates. They all appear to be close friends. Spotted a pick of Bobby with Tori posted this past Jan. Nathan took the pic. Looking forward to hearing their little love story.

What's her Instagram again? Anyway, I'm curious about her too. She seems to always be hanging around the Bates house, to the point that I wonder if she's living with them. But I can't see why she would (and if she was, why don't they just go out and say so?). She seems too young to be there in a Tabitha Paine-like teacher/tutor role for the kids (I'm guessing she's no older than 20, and she's been hanging around the Bates house for YEARS). And I don't think she's courting either Lawson or Trace. But why is she there for every family event, even I Love You day? She was even there for the weird candle-making thing before Michael's wedding, which otherwise seemed like a sister/bridesmaid kind of deal, and she wasn't either.

20 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

If I had as many children as these families and the children lived at home until marriage, I would really want them married off pretty quickly after their 18th birthday. Yes the adult children help a lot with the younger ones but having that many people in one house would drive me nuts. Plus they have plenty of teens and tween to help out.

And with the Bates kidults, there is a lot more snap and personality than the Duggar Drones, so I can see them pushing back against some of Gil and Kelly's rules once they are legally adults. So, when you have the older kids not towing the line (even in minor ways, like showing too much collar bone or not being joyful about homeschooling the littles), it can erode the amount of control they have over the rest of the children.

8 hours ago, JillyO said:

What's her Instagram again? Anyway, I'm curious about her too. She seems to always be hanging around the Bates house, to the point that I wonder if she's living with them. But I can't see why she would (and if she was, why don't they just go out and say so?). She seems too young to be there in a Tabitha Paine-like teacher/tutor role for the kids (I'm guessing she's no older than 20, and she's been hanging around the Bates house for YEARS). And I don't think she's courting either Lawson or Trace. But why is she there for every family event, even I Love You day? She was even there for the weird candle-making thing before Michael's wedding, which otherwise seemed like a sister/bridesmaid kind of deal, and she wasn't either.

She's even got becky creeping all her photos as though she were actually a Bates. I don't know if she's living with them but she does have posts with her parents, so it doesn't seem like she's staying with the Bateseseseses instead of living at home, if that makes sense. Most of her photos are with Carlin and (I think) Josie.

It also looks like she was on a trip with a couple of the girls to visit Michaela in Chicago in February.

(Do these people ever just stay home? They're as bad as the Duggars. I'd love to just travel around the US all the time.)

I really doubt it is because the kids are showing an iota of rebellion(none of them really have), it is probably just because Gil doesn't like paying for things and if he gets his kids married off while they still have a reality television show, UP can help finance some of it. 

IMO, the change of dress is because the Duggars and Bates have always been more on the conservative side of IBLP when it comes to clothes and now that the Bates are becoming the propaganda face of IBLP, the more liberal dress standards are wearing off on them. Both the Duggars and Bates have shown pictures of daughters wearing pants at home, I wouldn't be surprised if both families eventually drop the skirts only thing. Gil, Kelly, Jim Bob and MIchelle have all checked out of parenting so I doubt they are going to keep the same strict rules as time goes on. 

4 minutes ago, just...sare said:

(Do these people ever just stay home? They're as bad as the Duggars. I'd love to just travel around the US all the time.)

A lot of this traveling is probably for IBLP. There are lots of little conferences and meetings around the country and the Bates are the face of IBLP

1 hour ago, Denim Jumper said:

And with the Bates kidults, there is a lot more snap and personality than the Duggar Drones, so I can see them pushing back against some of Gil and Kelly's rules once they are legally adults. So, when you have the older kids not towing the line (even in minor ways, like showing too much collar bone or not being joyful about homeschooling the littles), it can erode the amount of control they have over the rest of the children.

I still think the Bates are just better on camera. Just because they're better at pretending to be normal doesn't mean they aren't totally immersed. The Bates kids were upset with Kelly for throwing away her maternity clothes and talking about how they were praying for a 20th child so I'm not sure they have ever been not-joyful about the littles. And clothes don't seem very important in the grand scheme of suppression and control of IBLP and the Bates. Seems to me all the kids have toed the line perfectly well.

There is a book I have on hold at the library about introverts, and from the bit I read about it it discusses how people often see outgoing, loud people as being better even if they aren't. The Duggars and Bates are a perfect example of this. The quieter Duggars are called mindless robots and drones while the louder, outgoing Bates are treated like they are more independent and rebellious, even though the Duggars have shown more signs of rebelling against the IBLP lifestyle. 

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

There is a book I have on hold at the library about introverts, and from the bit I read about it it discusses how people often see outgoing, loud people as being better even if they aren't. The Duggars and Bates are a perfect example of this. The quieter Duggars are called mindless robots and drones while the louder, outgoing Bates are treated like they are more independent and rebellious, even though the Duggars have shown more signs of rebelling against the IBLP lifestyle. 

Is it by Susan Cain?  Her Ted talks on the power of introverts are wonderful.  I can't recommend them enough.

i totally agree that's a large component of what we're seeing with these two families.

2 hours ago, formergothardite said:

What signs of rebellion are you referring to by the Duggars? I'm aware of a few we have discussed, I'm just curious about your perspective as to if I have missed anything.

5 hours ago, OrchidBlossom said:

What signs of rebellion are you referring to by the Duggars? I'm aware of a few we have discussed, I'm just curious about your perspective as to if I have missed anything.

I don't think they are really rebelling, but if we are going to take tiny things like hair cuts, Winnie the Pooh, wearing pants and being outgoing as signs, the Duggars have shown more by being openly sullen about the lifestyle and then Jessa and her husband getting involved with rap. 

2 hours ago, formergothardite said:

I don't think they are really rebelling, but if we are going to take tiny things like hair cuts, Winnie the Pooh, wearing pants and being outgoing as signs, the Duggars have shown more by being openly sullen about the lifestyle and then Jessa and her husband getting involved with rap. 

Ah okay, those are the things I was aware of but I wasn't sure if I missed something.

On 6/4/2016 at 1:12 AM, JillyO said:

I've also wondered if she lives with them part time.  But I don't think she's "too young" to be a "tutor" in the Gothard world. I think any maiden over the age of 14 or so is deemed capable of "educating" those younger than her.

On June 3, 2016 at 10:12 PM, JillyO said:

@courtneykg14

She's Carlins best friend and goes to their church. Probably helps wrangle children. 

2 hours ago, NotALoserLikeYou said:

@courtneykg14

She's Carlins best friend and goes to their church. Probably helps wrangle children. 

Kelly or somebody said that she helps around the house. I think it is weird, but maybe she does not have any younger siblings and wants to be around the Bates for that reason. When I get bored I hang out with my aunt & her kids.

I was trying to figure out what was so different with Tori's face. She looks a lot more like Erin. I realized she must be wearing foundation, so no freckles. Also, she doesn't have braces. She certainly has changed a lot under a year.

On 6/4/2016 at 10:33 PM, OrchidBlossom said:

Ah okay, those are the things I was aware of but I wasn't sure if I missed something.

I also don't think you can dismiss the fact that both Duggar girls married outside IBLP. Both husbands are WAY outside.

7 hours ago, Exjw2015deed said:

I was trying to figure out what was so different with Tori's face. She looks a lot more like Erin. I realized she must be wearing foundation, so no freckles. Also, she doesn't have braces. She certainly has changed a lot under a year.

Her face seemed slimmer to me in the jaw line.  It could be the foundation you mentioned or maybe she's losing a bit of the baby face that she has.  I also noticed a difference and how much she looked like Erin too. 

I hope the current season appears online somewhere soon, the person who usually uploads hasn't done so yet.

On June 2, 2016 at 7:11 PM, 19 cats and counting said:

Can't copy/paste on a phone but Tori turned 20 in December.

All of the kids' birthdays are on the Bringing Up Bates wiki page.

Wow. I thought she was about 15. 

Bobby is part of the preview clip for next week.

My favorite Gil quote is "I’m allergic to two things,” jokes Gil. “Paying and pain, and I’m afraid that that day, I got to do both.”

I could totally see Gil trying to marry everyone he can off when UP is paying the tab.

1 hour ago, accountingstar said:

Bobby is part of the preview clip for next week.

My favorite Gil quote is "I’m allergic to two things,” jokes Gil. “Paying and pain, and I’m afraid that that day, I got to do both.”

I could totally see Gil trying to marry everyone he can off when UP is paying the tab.

Finally. Of course they want to wait until the third episode of the season to introduce him. Gotta get all the viewers they can looking for the newest courtship! Erin and Chad spoke at that girls' event on February 15 and they showed that last week although their I Love You day is on Valentine's Day. But we know they don't do everything chronologically on reality tv so it's no surprise. Close enough I guess.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived