IGNORED

Tori Bates Courtship- Part 2

samurai_sarah

12 hours ago, front hugs > duggs said:

I liked how Tori said official/unofficial, Gil claimed they were NOT courting because they didn't know each other enough for that, but the UP label for Bobby in a talking head was boyfriend. So you can have a boyfriend without courting? I feel like there is a word for that.

Maybe dating? Is that it? :confusion-questionmarks:

He's been called her boyfriend from the beginning. I think when Gil said they weren't ready to court he was talking about when the first met and Bobby asked him about courting. Clearly he didn't come from that world and didn't know how it works. I think right now they're definitely officially courting or engaged based on Bobby's instagram.

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also remember that Gil's remarks about them not courting were filmed last summer. It's pretty certain that a Bates trip to Florida last fall resulted in the courtship, which we will likely see play out on the show. Like the Duggars, they're not revealing every detail of their lives as they happen like they used to. 

Also, FWIW, Crown gained accreditation this past fall. I don't know how that will affect Tori's degree, since she did half of it before accreditation. It looks like Carlin and Josie will luck out with real degrees, if they stick to school. 

http://thecrowncollege.com/about-crown/tracs-accreditation/

This body also represents Patrick Henry and PCC, among other fundie schools we know. Since a Harris twin who went to Patrick Henry ended up at Harvard Law, I'd say the accredition is legit. 

so that means that crown is a legitimate college now? if yes, how fantastic for the students.

Yup, they're now legit. I just wonder about students like Tori, who are at the midpoint of their matriculation, will fare. Will her diploma be legit, or like Erin's, barely worth the paper it was printed on?

I Think that what it count is at the end of the college is accreditate or not. I mean since Tori is still in the middle of the study, when she end the college Will be accreditate form a little time so the degree should be good. Idk but it seems logic more this way that onether one

Ok folks. So there is a local baptist pastor who has  2 sons who have graduated from Crown. Both have been employed by the church's Christian academy. So I've always assumed that they got their jobs because their father has been a pastor there, their entire lives. Well just recently one son found another job and is moving. Now we thought that was strange...until we found out that Crown is now legit. So that explains everything! Now Crown alumni can seek jobs that are not related to a "religious" background. Everyone around here who graduated from Crown...works at private Christian schools. Sorry for my "a ha" moment.

Most places likely won't check to see if a school was accredited when the applicant received their degree. You just assume there was accreditation. Some grad schools won't take unaccreditated degrees but I guess Harvard did so it helps for the ones that would not. 

PCC and Crown accredited by the Transnational Association of Christian Colleges and Schools, which is better than nothing but it's not the same kind of accreditation that a legit, nonprofit institution would get. You can use federal funds to go to a TRACS school, but other, regionally accredited universities might not accept those credits for transfer or grad school admission.

Umm new batesfam instagram is up and it looks like tori and bobby are holding hands...

Screen Shot 2017-01-15 at 9.15.23 PM.png

2 minutes ago, candygirl200413 said:

Dumb question: Can you ride a bike in a skirt? I couldn't tell from the photo

They are showing a little more than just knees. But, hey, maybe they are re-evaluating their practices.

6 hours ago, candygirl200413 said:

As someone who only wears skirts and dresses, of course you can! If the dress is a little short it might be a good idea to wear bike shorts or similar underneath, talking from experience here.

Shorts would be the more modest option. Looks like shorts to me, I don't think there's any way they would be allowed to wear a skirt that went that high while riding a bike.

Edit: just found this on Facebook (where I could zoom) and it looks like Josie and Tori are wearing skirts. If it was an impromptu bike ride I can understand the skirt, but... really? Shorts would have kept Tori more covered. 8c69acf2dbb3b001ec7de919a6c14447.png

Yeah, riding a bike in a skirt is not a big deal, I do it all the time. It is, however, usually not exactly a modest option, especially when you're wearing a tight skirt like Tori and Katie are as they tend to ride up on your thighs. Pants would definitely be more modest here.

Fair warning though: Do not attempt to ride your bike in a maxi dress. It WILL get caught in the spokes and you WILL rip your dress. Happened to me ........ a friend of mine. :kitty-shifty:

20 hours ago, ModestisHottest said:

Umm new batesfam instagram is up and it looks like tori and bobby are holding hands...

Screen Shot 2017-01-15 at 9.15.23 PM.png

Also wondering about that hug - pretty intense side hug.

Meeechelle is probably yelling NIKE when seeing this and Joy-Anna and Austin might even have to cover their eyes so they don't get wrong ideas.

3 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

What happened with the no-touching courtships? Bates are sinning! lust! :pb_mrgreen:

I guess since they aren't officially courting it's okay!!!  :Bazinga:

On 1/9/2017 at 8:18 PM, socalrules said:

Most places likely won't check to see if a school was accredited when the applicant received their degree. You just assume there was accreditation. Some grad schools won't take unaccreditated degrees but I guess Harvard did so it helps for the ones that would not. 

Harvard Law took a Harris twin. They went to Patrick Henry, which WAS accredited when they went there, so no conflicts there. No way a top tier school accepts kids from unaccredited schools. 

I predict an early spring engagement and mid summer wedding for Tori and Bobby. Off topic a bit. We saw Carlin get her special day and purity ring. This season we will see Katie get hers. But, we didn't see Josie (she's between Carlin and Katie in rage get hers. It's just as well. I hate the whole purity thing, and pledging your virginity to God and your father until you meet the man God has for you. It's so icky.

On 1/15/2017 at 9:38 PM, candygirl200413 said:

Yes.

bike.jpg

16 hours ago, RosyDaisy said:

I predict an early spring engagement and mid summer wedding for Tori and Bobby. Off topic a bit. We saw Carlin get her special day and purity ring. This season we will see Katie get hers. But, we didn't see Josie (she's between Carlin and Katie in rage get hers. It's just as well. I hate the whole purity thing, and pledging your virginity to God and your father until you meet the man God has for you. It's so icky.

Please tell me they do something similar for the boys. Drives me crazy that they only make the girls do the whole purity promise ring.

1 hour ago, SHERA said:

Please tell me they do something similar for the boys. Drives me crazy that they only make the girls do the whole purity promise ring.

I don't believe so. I don't recall Lawson or Nathan wearing a purity ring. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived