IGNORED

Leavenworth, Kansas Family Integrated Church

Jingerale

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh boy, this oughta be good. Can't wait to see what they've been up to.  Another dead-end idea?

Nice find!

What does this mean? 

We’re so glad you’ve stopped by. Whether you found us through a search engine or a friend, we take seriously your time.

So Maxwellian.

5 hours ago, Dandruff said:

Are there church families who don't love families and the elderly?

According to the Maxwells, no. 

Did the nursing home kick them out finally?  Wonder where this so-called church is going to meet.

Interesting that with all the web "talent" they have, the site uses a canned template. 

17 minutes ago, sparkles said:

Interesting that with all the web "talent" they have, the site uses a canned template. 

I was thinking it looks so different from the other stuff they put out there (and so bad!) that maybe it's a work in progress. Or maybe they bought the domain name.

It is odd, though, especially with the family picture at the top. Who would want to go to a church so obviously completely dominated by a single family? 

Perhaps they reached the tipping point where there were more Maxwells than residents at the services or the Maxwells themselves were close to filling the room they used at assisted living. 

So they are trying to start a real church? Is it horrible that I see this as a way to make money, since it is so obvious, with the recent pimping of products, that the Maxwell money train has come to an end? Tithing anyone? I would guess that they have been run out of the latest nursing home, probably because some family member of a resident complained, and no other place wants their services. 

They love families and the elderly? I didn't know that once you become elderly you stop becoming party of your family. I guess it's the same as when your brother gets married, he stops being part of your immediate family and becomes part of your extended family. I will sadly inform my mother that she is no longer part of the family since she is now a senior citizen. The whole they love families/elderly shows how tone deaf they're truly are. They don't even realize how stupid it sounds. 

2 hours ago, Justme said:

So, you can't go to this "church" if you're single????:roll:

That might be a special interest of this "church"  join it, and "you won't be single for long"  (taken from Rachael Ray's spaghetti sauce recipe, lol)

Maybe they think they can pack the place...

4 hours ago, Granwych said:

That might be a special interest of this "church"  join it, and "you won't be single for long"  (taken from Rachael Ray's spaghetti sauce recipe, lol)

Maybe they think they can pack the place...

HAHAHA. With the small numbers attending their conferences I doubt it. 

It seems a little like the Duggars and their home church, only the Duggar church doesn't have a website. Off topic, but do the Bateses go to a physical church? Gil might be pastor but IDK.

One thing's for sure, if I were a Christian living in Leavenworth or nearby I sure as hell wouldn't go to a church led by Stevehovah. If they are running their own church, what's the reckoning they'll enforce some kind of dress code? Maybe not ankle length skirts but modesty/knees covered at least. 

It looks like they bought the domain and are just testing it out. Really though there isn't much point in a church website if it doesn't tell you when and how you can actually attend the church and what they generally believe. 

But I guess I got my wish. Something did happen. I mean creating a website for a church is something. I have low standards. 

Perhaps a good number of "the elderly" at the nursing home(s) were leaving on Sunday to go to church with their families, and the Maxwells see an opportunity for souls, tithes, and - who knows - book sales?

They weren't on the NCFIC directory of Father-Idolizing -- er, Family-Integrated -- churches last night. But there are 2 FIC's listed within a 45- or 60-minute drives. Best get with the marketing, Steve. 

And oh yes, do give a time and place to meet. 

As to "who'd want to join a church that was all one family," well, the Westboro (hardly) Baptist (certainly not a) Church right over in Topeka ran that way for years. Shudder. 

I feel like this site is up for tax exemption purposes. *seeeee mr. taxman .. proof we're a real church* 

23 hours ago, Dandruff said:

Are there church families who don't love families and the elderly?

Well, they think that their family is just amazing because they all get along too.

4 hours ago, FundieFanatic said:

I feel like this site is up for tax exemption purposes. *seeeee mr. taxman .. proof we're a real church* 

There used to be a blurb on their website saying that people who wanted to donate money were welcome to do so but it wouldn't be tax-deductible because the Maxwells chose not to have the government oversight that being a tax-exempt organization would require, but I'll be damned if I can find it now.

Phew, that was some sentence there, Sparkles…

You're right.  There used to be a page that outlined how ppl could donate to their ministry.

Their section on their church still directs ppl to their Nursing Home church of the Elderly.

Don't they do IT help and run websites? If so, they should fire themselves. My goodness that website is awful and if they are just starting to create it there is a way to keep it unpublished (I believe) until it is completed.

I wonder what the DIL families think of the Maxwillen affect? Elissa's family seems very fundie but I wonder if Maxwells are a new level even to them...they have to be right? Elissa's family was at least into 4-H.

Side note, as I had to go look up how to spell Elissa. The Maxwell's decorating the truck was very tasteful. The duggar boys could take notes.

7 hours ago, sparkles said:

There used to be a blurb on their website saying that people who wanted to donate money were welcome to do so but it wouldn't be tax-deductible because the Maxwells chose not to have the government oversight that being a tax-exempt organization would require, but I'll be damned if I can find it now.

Phew, that was some sentence there, Sparkles…

It is still there.  https://www.titus2.com/support-titus2.html

Titus2 is not a 501-C3 entity. Therefore gifts given to us can not be deducted from your federal income tax. For both our church and Titus2 we have chosen not to register with the government as tax-exempt nonprofit organizations so as to remain free of government constraints imposed on such organizations.

As soon as I saw the new Church website I immediately thought they'd been given the boot from the latest NF too!

Now is this different from their "church" that they link to on their web site? : http://www.titus2.com/families-for-Jesus-fellowship.html

Also, I notice on the one on their web site they talk about other families joining them (in addition to "the elderly")

And Steve lists himself as pastor (with what training?) and Teri as the pastor's wife.  That's fairly recent I believe.  So, it looks like Steve is building his own little church fiefdom now that his traveling shows are drying up.

Their website says they meet in the retirement apartment (independent living) section of the retirement complex.  All of the independent living places I have visited have had a residents council (some with other names) that vote or decide on what groups present on campus and what type activities they want.  It could be that the residents have decided that they prefer some other group be there for a Sunday morning presentation.  I doubt Steve will ever explain. 

So you think, Coconut Flan, that their dreary little side show was kicked out of the retirement village by the residents?  How interesting.  Going by pictures they never were very popular-- even at Christmas their numbers rarely went into double digits so that the Maxwells usually outnumbered the congregation.

Starting his own church would certainly feed into Steve's narcissism and need for control.  I'm sure he would love to have a number of people hanging on his every word-- plus the income that would bring.  I wonder what he is like as a speaker?  I've never heard him but I know there are some members that went to their traveling sales show, plus I think there was a video when someone got married and Steve gave a sermon on "Do you know where you are going when you die?" (So festive!)

Speaking of which he is going to have to expand his talking points if he wants to build a church. Hell-fire and Damnation is so 19th century.  Nowadays it is all anti-gay, anti-choice, prosperity gospel coupled with Jesus is your buddy.. He is definitely going to have to stay away from Training Up Your Children the Maxwell Way because his 3 unmarried daughters will be seen as a failure to launch.

I have to admit I am a bit excited to see how this venture pans out.  Their blog became so boring and repetitive.  Maybe he will upload some sermons! or write a mission statement!  Oooo I can't wait.

Archived