IGNORED

List of Unmarried Fundies – It's a Small World

FundieFarmer

I'll comment on Amanda and Russell's wedding. I won't bother talking about the age difference since its been talked about plenty. It actually seems like it was a nice, casual, and even fun wedding. It looked like they had outdoor games, a full meal (unlike some fundies) and a cute cake. I like casual weddings. My biggest complaint is the frumpiness. It is like on a scale of 1 to 10, a fucking 100! These people are so frumpy and about 10-15 years behind on fashion. I just can't. But hey, at least they look like they have fun in their frump :-/

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll comment on Amanda and Russell's wedding. I won't bother talking about the age difference since its been talked about plenty. It actually seems like it was a nice, casual, and even fun wedding. It looked like they had outdoor games, a full meal (unlike some fundies) and a cute cake. I like casual weddings. My biggest complaint is the frumpiness. It is like on a scale of 1 to 10, a fucking 100! These people are so frumpy and about 10-15 years behind on fashion. I just can't. But hey, at least they look like they have fun in their frump :-/

Seriously! Gym shoes with a dress? Not cool. The frump factor is high at this wedding.

Amanda looked like she just rolled out of bed and put on a wedding dress...is there no makeup allowed in this family?

I took a close look at that photo because it seemed incongruous, even for the frumper loving set.

In fairness, the woman wearing gym shoes is also wearing lower leg orthotics. Once you start shopping for highly specific needs (especially if you have a limited budget), you could find yourself with an very limited number of shoes in your wardrobe. Cute,smart casual shoes are quite possibly not an option.

Sarah Reith (formerly in a courtship with Zach Bates) is engaged according to the Southern Raised Facebook page (with pics). Not sure who the fiancé is.

2 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

Sarah's Instagram announcement has the name Caleb Kennedy.  She looks so happy.  Night and day between these pictures and the ones with Zach.

@SpoonfulOSugar

Thanks so much for tagging me!  It helps.

@ Everyone (that's not a real tag, I know) I believe all the lists are correctly updated.  Let me know if you see errors and/or you have additions.

Please remember we only use publicly available information.  Thanks!

Sarah Reith looks radiant in the picture, even if it's focused on the ring and not her face.  Congrats to her.  It must have been hard to have a broken courtship and then watch your former courter get married and pop out blessings, not to mention most others in your social circle of the same age. 

On 7/25/2016 at 8:21 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

The 11 Smiths do frump in a way no one else can do frump. 

I do get the feeling most of the daughters wouldn't be very interested in make up or clothing even if they didn't have religious rules proscribing it. So at least they aren't being limited there. 

But in my more superficial moments I desperately want to teach them about side parts, eyeliner, and horn rimmed glasses. 

9 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

The 11 Smiths do frump in a way no one else can do frump. 

I do get the feeling most of the daughters wouldn't be very interested in make up or clothing even if they didn't have religious rules proscribing it. So at least they aren't being limited there. 

But in my more superficial moments I desperately want to teach them about side parts, eyeliner, and horn rimmed glasses. 

Hahaha! I totally agree! I think those girls seem to have a lot of natural beauty and would pull off the no makeup look really well. They could use a more stylish haircut, no make up, cute glasses, and clothes that actually fit them and are not 15 years old.

@SpoonfulOSugar I did a quick search and didn't find any threads about Ken Carpenter's family, which is surprising, since he is/was the fundie filmmaker who won ALL THE AWARDS every year at Dougie's San Antonio film festival thingy. He must have a mantle full of those creepy NAMBLA-esque trophies.

Anyway, he has several grown children: 

Cole, 24

Peyton, 22 (I just found her insta and she's married to a JD Smith now--I haven't checked in on this family in ages)

Logan, 20-ish

These kids would be VF royalty, if that were still a thing. :my_confused:

1 hour ago, hollyandivy said:

Ruth Wissman is getting married today...

Christopher is a popular Wissman wedding photographer; I wonder if he's there? His wedding galleries are woefully out of date, I would assume he needs some good christian weddings to keep padding that portfolio. 

46 minutes ago, teachergirl said:

Ruth has gone from meeting to marrying in eight months......these fundies never cease to amaze me.

Really? 8 months is a long time in fundie land. 

Most disregard meeting because they cannot 'look' so they start the count from courting, not from meeting. They all have to pretend that however long they've known each other they were oblivious. But even so, that's a mere month's long process. Maybe 1 to court and another 2 or 3 to plan the weeding. 

8 months is really long in their world. 

23 hours ago, fundiefan said:

Really? 8 months is a long time in fundie land. 

Most disregard meeting because they cannot 'look' so they start the count from courting, not from meeting. They all have to pretend that however long they've known each other they were oblivious. But even so, that's a mere month's long process. Maybe 1 to court and another 2 or 3 to plan the weeding. 

8 months is really long in their world. 

Per the family Facebook account they had a pie and ice cream reception. The pies were homemade & beautiful. But pie and ice cream after a wedding that was probably in the afternoon with a bajillion people in attendance, just doesn't seem right. I'm all for cake & punch if it's a small wedding, or an after dinner wedding, but you know that wedding was at least an hour because Jayzus & there had to be a shit ton of music by the family. These fundies are cheapskates. 

BTW- the Wissman clan creep me out because they all look so much alike. Creepy. Like they just photocopied their daughters on the Xerox and changed out their hair color. 

On July 31, 2016 at 8:08 PM, divadivine said:

Per the family Facebook account they had a pie and ice cream reception. The pies were homemade & beautiful. But pie and ice cream after a wedding that was probably in the afternoon with a bajillion people in attendance, just doesn't seem right. I'm all for cake & punch if it's a small wedding, or an after dinner wedding, but you know that wedding was at least an hour because Jayzus & there had to be a shit ton of music by the family. These fundies are cheapskates. 

BTW- the Wissman clan creep me out because they all look so much alike. Creepy. Like they just photocopied their daughters on the Xerox and changed out their hair color. 

I was thinking that Jinger would have a pie ala mode reception. You know, to be different...

The pictures from the wedding are beautiful.  I also went to look at the Kennedy Morton maternity pictures.  She looked great but the photo shoot just seemed a bit off. Some of the pictures are nice but some are just not flattering. 

20 minutes ago, JMO said:

The pictures from the wedding are beautiful.  I also went to look at the Kennedy Morton maternity pictures.  She looked great but the photo shoot just seemed a bit off. Some of the pictures are nice but some are just not flattering. 

"Meturnity"??? Homeschooling at its best.....

1 hour ago, halcionne said:

I need to know more about the guy at the front of the boat. For research purposes.

IMG_3029.jpg

The bride most definitely is not the focus of that photo! Yowza!

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic

Archived