IGNORED

List of Unmarried Fundies – It's a Small World

FundieFarmer

12 hours ago, Seren Ann said:

@SpoonfulOSugar

I guess you can move Nathan Bates back to the singles list, he and Ashley Salyer have broken up according to the latest Bringing Up Bates episode.

Those Bates boys don't have much success with the whole courtship thing, do they?

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Abbi Sanders is getting married today. Down one more SAHD. I wonder if she is going to live in England? I wonder if any pictures will be shared. Rebekah's wedding was shrouded in secrecy, or at least a social media blackout.

On July 2, 2016 at 9:46 AM, fundiefan said:

Abbi Sanders is getting married today. Down one more SAHD. I wonder if she is going to live in England? I wonder if any pictures will be shared. Rebekah's wedding was shrouded in secrecy, or at least a social media blackout.

And yet this one has gotten a ton of attention from the Mortons on social media. I wonder what's up with that! 

1 hour ago, JMO said:

@picklepizzas that is my thought as well. Someone else pointed out that they paid more attention to this wedding than to Katie's last birth.

So is it confirmed she actually had the baby, then? I still have a hard time believing there wouldn't be *anything* about it from Addie or mama Morton if she really had!

3 hours ago, picklepizzas said:

So is it confirmed she actually had the baby, then? I still have a hard time believing there wouldn't be *anything* about it from Addie or mama Morton if she really had!

From a picture on Jacque Smith's Facebook from July 2, she is still preggo. 

I figure when you pop out a kid a year, the excitement wears off, even for the family. It's nothing special, just doing your job and fulfilling your destiny and hey, if there isn't enough fanfare this time, there is always the next 10 times. 

On 6/30/2016 at 7:44 PM, Marian the Librarian said:

I assume the center of the middle Tennessee universe is the Botkins' church - but maybe I'm wrong! Would love to know more about this little enclave.

I'm not sure I'd say their church is the center of the universe there.  From what I understand talking to people who live there, there are a number of fundie and fundie light churches, homeschool groups, sympathetic local govt, etc... Of the various folks I know there, they're all friendly with or at least aware of each other, but they go to several different smaller churches.

That was a fundie  wedding?????? The bride is practically naked by fundie standards! Where is the t-shirt bridal gown?????? Who are they? I am not sure I have heard of them before.

1 hour ago, hollyandivy said:

That was a fundie  wedding?????? The bride is practically naked by fundie standards! Where is the t-shirt bridal gown?????? Who are they? I am not sure I have heard of them before.

The bride is a Sanders, which family is intermarried with the endogamous SʻMortons (Smiths & Mortons).

This marriage is actually exogamous in a major way although one wonders how a Brit guy got sucked into the cray cray. Does anyone know if theyʻll be living in the UK or the US?

Thanks, S'Mortons I know, never had the time to go down the Sanders rabbit hole - maybe tonight....

10 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

The bride is a Sanders, which family is intermarried with the endogamous SʻMortons (Smiths & Mortons).

This marriage is actually exogamous in a major way although one wonders how a Brit guy got sucked into the cray cray. Does anyone know if theyʻll be living in the UK or the US?

I think UK is all but certain. He's still currently enrolled at Loughborough University in England, and has at least another two years to go. Maybe he's transferred here, though? I'm still inclined to lean towards the move for other, circumstantial reasons. Jeanine Morton's weirdly fond tributes to Abbi make a bit more sense if she believed that she'd never see her again. If  Abbi does move to the UK, it's unlikely she and the Paraguay division Mortons would ever find themselves on the same continent at the same time in the future. 

6 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

I think UK is all but certain. He's still currently enrolled at Loughborough University in England, and has at least another two years to go. Maybe he's transferred here, though? I'm still inclined to lean towards the move for other, circumstantial reasons. Jeanine Morton's weirdly fond tributes to Abbi make a bit more sense if she believed that she'd never see her again. If  Abbi does move to the UK, it's unlikely she and the Paraguay division Mortons would ever find themselves on the same continent at the same time in the future. 

Wow. Living in the UK + marrying someone with a real university education. Dare we hope for something better for Abbi than her married sisters/sisters-in-law have experienced?

4 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

Wow. Living in the UK + marrying someone with a real university education. Dare we hope for something better for Abbi than her married sisters/sisters-in-law have experienced?

I have to believe that this dude has some seriously conflicting influences in his life. Loughborough is a very well respected university with a strong tradition of academic excellence. It's not a Scam-U, or even Crown College. How he came to be entangled with the Sanders' is beyond my pitiful imagination. They aren't a family I know much about beyond the Morton connection, so maybe someone else can weigh in.

If he is as worldly and liberal as it seems that he may be, they would be batshit crazy to let Abbi marry him and drift away from the koolaid. 

5 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

I have to believe that this dude has some seriously conflicting influences in his life. Loughborough is a very well respected university with a strong tradition of academic excellence. It's not a Scam-U, or even Crown College. How he came to be entangled with the Sanders' is beyond my pitiful imagination. They aren't a family I know much about beyond the Morton connection, so maybe someone else can weigh in.

If he is as worldly and liberal as it seems that he may be, they would be batshit crazy to let Abbi marry him and drift away from the koolaid. 

I don't think it's ever been said publically what the purpose was, but a few years ago, Abbi spent quite a few months in England. At the time I assumed it was something mission/religion related, but I never say any explanation, or any comments about it; only her sister posting an IG about her going over the pond.

So, I assume that is when they met. Under what circumstances though, who knows? I don't think she would have been allowed to marry him if there weren't *something* fundy about him; the Sanders may look like nice, normal people, but they are firmly entrenched in the same beliefs as the SMortons. Which is to say, there is no way they'd let Abbi marry a heathen. I am sure he had to jump through hoops to get approval.

Whatever the case I do hope they live in England and live lives of their own choosing, not just regurgitating the life her parents and inner circle dictate.

5 hours ago, fundiefan said:

I don't think it's ever been said publically what the purpose was, but a few years ago, Abbi spent quite a few months in England. At the time I assumed it was something mission/religion related, but I never say any explanation, or any comments about it; only her sister posting an IG about her going over the pond.

Ah, thanks! I didn't know that. 

Simply living away from the core of the family will have an impact, even if they don't consciously plan to live differently. I share your optimism that the McStays will have a life of their own choosing, whatever that may be.

I eagerly soak up every drop of Sanders information I can find; they are/were my favorite fundie family.  Those four girls look beautiful in that picture.

1 hour ago, SoSoNosy said:

I eagerly soak up every drop of Sanders information I can find; they are/were my favorite fundie family.  Those four girls look beautiful in that picture.

I have to admit that I know little about them outside of the Darth courtship post. What made you like them? 

6 hours ago, JMO said:

I have to admit that I know little about them outside of the Darth courtship post. What made you like them? 

I always "liked" them a lot. They seemed to be really close and loving with each other and I just loved that their mother seemed to be a little bit spunky (not only compared to all the other fundie mothers!).

I envy them for their house and property. I'd like to live their life - simple, family-oriented, farming/homesteading. All of that MINUS the fundie part.

On July 13, 2016 at 10:37 PM, JMO said:

I like them because they seem to live life to the fullest (within their fundieness, of course).  The parents get out and play baseball with the kids, they always seem to love each other and love being together.  There were pictures of Darth when Ethan was a baby, lying on the couch reading a book while the baby was happily being passed from uncle to aunt.  They just seem content within their world.  They work really, really hard, but they play hard.  

@SpoonfulOSugar Looks like Kathryn Neely and Daniel Staddon made it official yesterday, July 16th.  After a long boring ceremony they are now husband and helpmeet.

p.s. Micaiah Thomas's fiance is Taralyn Carlsen.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Bethella locked and unpinned this topic

Archived