IGNORED

List of Unmarried Fundies – It's a Small World

FundieFarmer

23 hours ago, fundiefan said:

Holy hell  - off topic. I clicked on the blog links for the Bowers & Brontragers. Allison Bontrager has a blog of her very own now and the one post I read was about not destroying your brothers manhood. Her example, I quote:

He doesn’t need me to tell him how to drive.  He needs me to NOT tell him how to drive.  If I would have told him what he was doing wrong, I would have been crushing his manhood and stepping into the position of teacher and leader.

Every one of these fundie fruitcakes are fucked in the head.

My husband never took driver's ed and taught himself to drive when he was 18 or 19, so when I met him at 22 his driving skills still left a lot to be desired.  I spent many trips reminding him to check his blind spot before changing lanes and to try not to brake for no reason on a 70mph freeway. He's a much better driver now and I assure you, his wiener is still intact.  

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, dramallama said:

My husband never took driver's ed and taught himself to drive when he was 18 or 19, so when I met him at 22 his driving skills still left a lot to be desired.  I spent many trips reminding him to check his blind spot before changing lanes and to try not to brake for no reason on a 70mph freeway. He's a much better driver now and I assure you, his wiener is still intact.  

Same here, my husband has no sense of direction which makes him a horrible driver. He's not unsafe, but he'll miss every single turn on a trip he's done 10 times. He'd much rather let me drive which I don't mind at all. Thankfully, his manhood doesn't reside in the driver's seat. Also, he's the best car DJ ever - now THAT calls for a wife's respect :).

I just came here to snark on the Alison Bontrager "nurturing your brother's manhood" title. 

New user title: "Nurturing Your Brother's Manhood to Stand Firm for Jesus"?

I think all iterations of this thread/user title are great, but I can't help but think it should be "nurturing MY brother's manhood..." even though (and maybe because) it sounds so so wrong. 

You can add Nurie Rodrigues to the list. She turned 18 recently.

On 4/30/2017 at 4:30 AM, RosyDaisy said:

You can add Nurie Rodrigues to the list. She turned 18 recently.

Oh my goodness gracious, did you see their blog post about her graduation?! It's basically an ad for her virginity, going to the highest bidder. 

I did, and it was. So unbelievably creepy.

I normally don't follow this family, but seeing your comments here made me go over to their blog and you are completely right: they are really advertising their daughter and it seems like they can't wait to marry her off.

So what do you guys think? What are the chances Jill will manage to marry Nurie off to a fundiefamilie that is at least semi-royalty?

I finally went and read the blog post.  Holy $#it.  They should just post if on Christian Mingle and get it over with.  I included the link for others to enjoy:

http://rodriguesfamilyministries.com/main/?p=3191

For those who want the summary, they literally include her list of attributes for a future spouse.  They also write gems like these:

"Nurie fervently prays for the man of her dreams to come into her life in GOD’S timing."

"Nurie looks VERY forward to the wedding of her dreams someday"

"We are THRILLED that Nurie’s desire to find a GODLY young man is VERY important to her. "

"We want to cherish each moment that God allows you to stay in our home until the day we walk you down the aisle."

I will say that the pictures of her came out very nicely.  I hadn't checked the blog since they changed the group pic at the top and my do those kids look malnourished.  Not David of course.  And they also use her post to try and grift for funds to go do a praycation in Botswana.  Jill may be the worst of the worst for me.  

Not to mention, "We are thankful that Nurie is a chaste, virtuous woman that has EVERY desire to serve her WHOLE life long and to stay pure until she marries “Mr. Right”…….".

Don't forget the accompanying picture. She's been made up and posed to look as sexually alluring as possible.  Her neckline might be fundie approved, but the overall effect is most definitely not.

LSP_2838-226x300.jpg

Speaking of fundies' kids turning 18, Jaynee Lockwood has a couple other adult children by now, doesn't she?  Elijah and maybe Rebekah?

Wow, talk about pimping out your own child.... disgusting at best! Which parent would do that????

41 minutes ago, hollyandivy said:

Wow, talk about pimping out your own child.... disgusting at best! Which parent would do that????

Jill.  

Narcissistic, opportunistic, self centered, and let's not forget neglectful.  These are the kids that I'm most interested to see 10 years from now.  They are clearly underfed and beaten down (at least psychologically and spiritually).  I can't even recognize the oldest boy any more.   

8 hours ago, meee said:

Speaking of fundies' kids turning 18, Jaynee Lockwood has a couple other adult children by now, doesn't she?  Elijah and maybe Rebekah?

Yes, Rebekah just turned 18 in April. I'd forgotten about them since they've been so quiet since returning home.

15 hours ago, ophelia said:

I normally don't follow this family, but seeing your comments here made me go over to their blog and you are completely right: they are really advertising their daughter and it seems like they can't wait to marry her off.

So what do you guys think? What are the chances Jill will manage to marry Nurie off to a fundiefamilie that is at least semi-royalty?

Nurie is really pretty (despite all the dark makeup, which does her no favors and ages her terribly) and is probably pretty thoroughly marinated in the kool-aid, but I can't imagine many fundies wanting the Rodriguii as inlaws. It's always seemed like their presence is tolerated and they are invited to things out of courtesy rather than genuine friendship, and who wants their inlaws rolling onto their lawn in a giant-ass RV, which they promptly plug into your house's utilities?

15 minutes ago, JesusCampSongs said:

Nurie is really pretty (despite all the dark makeup, which does her no favors and ages her terribly) and is probably pretty thoroughly marinated in the kool-aid, but I can't imagine many fundies wanting the Rodriguii as inlaws. It's always seemed like their presence is tolerated and they are invited to things out of courtesy rather than genuine friendship, and who wants their inlaws rolling onto their lawn in a giant-ass RV, which they promptly plug into your house's utilities?

I agree. Both Nurie and Timothy (only 17) are good looking seemingly hard working sweet fundie kids. I would imagine that some other fundie kids would like  to court them but once they meet Jill, they probably run for the hills. 

@Bethella Speaking of the Lockwoods, is Timothy still in a courtship?  It was announced about a year ago but when I looked at the blog I no longer see a post.  I thought there was one.  Maybe it's over and she removed any mention of it.

About Nurie's picture.....The picture itself is fine. It's the description that comes with it that makes it creepy. I would be mortified if my parents advertised my virginity for the whole world to see. It's pervert fodder.

22 hours ago, JMO said:

Jill.  

Narcissistic, opportunistic, self centered, and let's not forget neglectful.  These are the kids that I'm most interested to see 10 years from now.  They are clearly underfed and beaten down (at least psychologically and spiritually).  I can't even recognize the oldest boy any more.   

I don't know this family and I am not sure I want to descend to this rabbit hole either...

1 hour ago, justmy2cents said:

@Bethella Speaking of the Lockwoods, is Timothy still in a courtship?  It was announced about a year ago but when I looked at the blog I no longer see a post.  I thought there was one.  Maybe it's over and she removed any mention of it.

According to facebook it's still going on.  (Am I allowed to say that?  It's all public - I'm not facebook friends with any of them.)

Thanks @meee. You can say even if it weren't public. Just wouldn't be able to copy to fj I believe. Whose FB did you see that on?

@hollyandivy, I only visit from time to time.  It is sad and disturbing on many levels.  Jill is clearly pimping out her daughter for 2 reasons.  The main is that it would allow her to bask in the glow of being MOTHER OF THE BRIDE.  She'd love to blog endlessly about her daughter's burgeoning romance.  She'd love it even more if it was a fundie that she's a hanger on to.  The Duggars/Bates/etc.  She'd be photobombing every photo shoot and video made.  The second reason is that there would be one less mouth to feed.  She has enough girls to help look after babies.  She wouldn't be as anxious to ship off Nurie if she didn't have other teen girls to help raise her little ones.  If you are interested there is a whole Quiver on FJ just for them.  

Eww. The Nuri Auction post is just disgusting.

Nurie fervently prays for the man of her dreams to come into her life in GOD’S timing.

Let's read  between the lines, shall we? "My barely legal teen daughter has been on the marriage market since she got too tall to fold up under the table in the RV to sleep, but now we can openly discuss it since she's over 18!"

Nurie plans to continue to travel and sing with her family.

Right. Because she had sooooo many other choices presented to her.

To be honest, with being on the road so often, Nurie has very few ways to raise much money. 

Huh. So Nuri spends months of her life in a family-size sardine can, acting as a teacher to the Rodriguii and singing every weekend while her parents pass the plate, and she has no money? None at all? That's odd. If she doesn't get to keep any of the money she earns, then who... ohhhhh. :(

We asked her to compose a list (before she graduated) of a list of attributes that she has prayed about finding in a young man. It blesses our hearts to share that list with you below………

"Under threat of not receiving her certificate from the Rodrigues Institute for Preaching, RV Maintenance and Hair Styling, Nuri finally agreed to write a very private list of things that she really didn't want to share with anyone! Including her loving parents! We've published it here for the amusement of internet strangers because it REALLY blesses our hearts to deprive our children of even intellectual privacy!!"

We are thankful for your EXTREME maturity as the oldest of 12 children and your flexibility to sometimes stressful, busy situations.

She's so mature! So EXTREMELY mature! Why, it's almost like she never had a childhood at all!!!

We don’t know how else to honor you at this joyous time of your graduation (coming up) other than to tell you – YOU ARE PRICELESS to us and we will pray for you until the day you die!!

This one really annoys me. Aren't these the same people who wrote an entire blog post about how the kids "chose to honor" Jill by spending their precious pennies and dollars on small gifts, a homemade party, and love notes to cheer her up on a random day a couple of years ago? They've had 18 years to figure out how to show a little appreciation to their adult daughter who has shouldered far more than her fair share of the burden of their terrible choices. And the best they could come up with is... a blog post? Granted, they do seem to be trying pretty hard to find her a suitor. If I were Nuri, my fondest wish would be to GTFO by any means necessary too. I guess maybe it is a nice gift. 

20 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

Thanks @meee. You can say even if it weren't public. Just wouldn't be able to copy to fj I believe. Whose FB did you see that on?

Timothy's. He, Jaynee, Daniel, and Elijah all have accounts.

On 5/2/2017 at 8:29 PM, JesusCampSongs said:

Or imagine being the groom's mother, having a few heart-to-hearts with the MOTB, then finding out that the tale of your hemorrhoids is on social media.

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic

Archived