IGNORED

List of Unmarried Fundies – It's a Small World

FundieFarmer

On 2/24/2017 at 1:45 AM, Triplet3 said:

Charity Burnett is engaged to Samuel Wearden, as of 11th February. http://10burnetts.com. I've never heard of the Weardens - anyone come across them? 

Soooooooo.... I just looked at the Burnett family blog and the engagement post is gone. Scrubbing a blog is a fundie sign of a broken courtship/engagement :-/ 

BUT they have registries set up with a June 10th wedding date. So I guess we can keep them on the engaged list for now.

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

9 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Soooooooo.... I just looked at the Burnett family blog and the engagement post is gone. Scrubbing a blog is a fundie sign of a broken courtship/engagement :-/ 

BUT they have registries set up with a June 10th wedding date. So I guess we can keep them on the engaged list for now.

Yes, I'd noticed that and was going to post about it. I guessed that either the engagement had been called off (but the photo with him in it from Christmas is still there) or maybe Samuel had discovered FJ and didn't want things to be as public. Presumably it's the latter if they still have registries set up.

1 hour ago, Triplet3 said:

Yes, I'd noticed that and was going to post about it. I guessed that either the engagement had been called off (but the photo with him in it from Christmas is still there) or maybe Samuel had discovered FJ and didn't want things to be as public. Presumably it's the latter if they still have registries set up.

The Burnetts put tons of stuff on the blog. The last family wedding had about a zillion pictures posted on the blog. So if they don't do that this time with Charity's wedding, we will have our answer. 

What's interesting is that we didn't post much at all about their engagement and it was all positive. The location was beautiful and the pictures were very nice. 

I just decided to revisit the list at the beginning of this thread.  There is a fundie named Breezy Brookshire??  That sounds like a retirement community.  

Also, I love that we always keep Gothard on the list.  hahaha

22 hours ago, JMO said:

I just decided to revisit the list at the beginning of this thread.  There is a fundie named Breezy Brookshire??  That sounds like a retirement community.  

Yes, there really is a Breezy Brookshire. She's talented artist who has her own business and has also illustrated books for some fairly mainstream evangelical authors. Her family is reformed, but they have friends all over the spectrum in the Christian community. I know them slightly, and they seem like very sweet people.  

Tonight's episode of Bringing up Bates confirmed that Carlin is 'getting to know' Evan Stewart.  Do we need to have a 'Special Friends' section of the list now which would be a precursor to official 'Courting'?  Seems to be the trend lately.:my_smile:

13 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

Tonight's episode of Bringing up Bates confirmed that Carlin is 'getting to know' Evan Stewart.  Do we need to have a 'Special Friends' section of the list now which would be a precursor to official 'Courting'?  Seems to be the trend lately.:my_smile:

It's called dating. 

But they are fundies. So they think they are special and different. But they aren't. 

They can't call it dating because then it would get confused the the disgusting soul tearing, Jesus destroying dating us heathens do.  It's dating in the same way a 10 yr old dates. You try to sit next to that person at lunch and you invite them to your get-togethers with a group of your friends.  Except there's lots of talk about God, keeping pure until marriage and pressure to make sure that this is THE ONE THAT GOD HAS DESTINED FOR YOU.  Obviously much better than what us sex obsessed heathens do.  

She said that they like each other but, she did air quotes 'there's nothing official'.  Sure does sound like plain old dating. 

30 minutes ago, Seren Ann said:
He called her his girlfriend on instagram. So much cognitive dissonance with these people...

I have always thought that the way they do "dating" in the fundie world is MUCH MORE damaging than mainstream dating. 

They basically do everything the same except they put an extreme amount of pressure on the first person who comes along being "the one." Just because they don't have sex means very little. If this trelationship doesn't work out, it will probably be much more heart breaking than regular dating. Most people in the mainstream dating world realize their first boyfriend isn't going to be their life mate. So when they breakup it may be hard, but they aren't dumping their future husband.

Carlin's body language in that picture is not very receptive, even her smile seems forced. 

18 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I have always thought that the way they do "dating" in the fundie world is MUCH MORE damaging than mainstream dating. 

They basically do everything the same except they put an extreme amount of pressure on the first person who comes along being "the one." Just because they don't have sex means very little. If this relationship doesn't work out, it will probably be much more heart breaking than regular dating. Most people in the mainstream dating world realize their first boyfriend isn't going to be their life mate. So when they breakup it may be hard, but they aren't dumping their future husband.

I've said that too. The whole courtship concept sets everyone up for misery. The 'goal of marriage' idea that supposedly keeps them 'pure' is just a recipe for pain.

In normal, healthy, dating relationships, a couple meets, likes each other, spends time together to see if they like each other more. If, at any point, either or both realize this is not the best person for them, they both move on, hopefully having learned something in the process about themselves and what they want/need. In the fundie model, you don't even look at the opposite sex until someone tells you god says you can look at this particular person and you go from looking to preparing for marriage in a day. Now you're tied to that one person pretty much no matter what. 

When that courtship ends, for whatever reason, now you are no longer pure (by their prior-to-courtship definition of the term) and you've planned an entire life with the person but, look, it's not going to happen. Fundies couch it in their god to avoid any and all responsibility for setting their adult offspring up for pain and suffering, which they cannot acknowledge because 'god did it and they are following god's plan'. 

And they eventually lie to themselves and everyone else as they try to pretend it didn't even happen (Maxwells, I'm talking to you and your oft scrubbed blog). 

I much prefer the human concept of match making - those involved in the match figure out if they are right for each other, stay together if they want or go their separate ways. No one's soul is in jeopardy and no backpedaling necessary to explain away some absurd parental plan not working. 

Ok too much pepsi before midnight. Decided to go lurk on facebook to see what the VF fundies have been up to lately. Looks like cute/preppy, Joseph Hope is spending time with a lady named Joy Phillips. His sister Lauren appears to be doing well. His buddy Nathan Serven has been married for several years...but no baby. All of his brothers got their brides pregnant ASAP. Odd he and Emily have not started their quiver. Hope things are ok and that they are just choosing the right time for them.

On 3/28/2017 at 0:55 AM, Tangy Bee said:

Ok too much pepsi before midnight. Decided to go lurk on facebook to see what the VF fundies have been up to lately. Looks like cute/preppy, Joseph Hope is spending time with a lady named Joy Phillips. His sister Lauren appears to be doing well. His buddy Nathan Serven has been married for several years...but no baby. All of his brothers got their brides pregnant ASAP. Odd he and Emily have not started their quiver. Hope things are ok and that they are just choosing the right time for them.

Just imagine if they marry. Then she is Joy Hope :-/

it seems Tabitha is getting married today. :-(

11 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Just imagine if they marry. Then she is Joy Hope :-/

it seems Tabitha is getting married today. :-(

Bummer.....

All these fundie boys are starting to look alike to me. Austin looks like chad. Evan looks like Bobby. It's like I can spot a fundie boy from a mile away.

While no one has published an official congrats to the "Happy Couple" it's pretty safe to say that Tabitha Paine married her predator husband.  

On 3/25/2017 at 0:53 PM, fundiefan said:

I've said that too. The whole courtship concept sets everyone up for misery. The 'goal of marriage' idea that supposedly keeps them 'pure' is just a recipe for pain.

In normal, healthy, dating relationships, a couple meets, likes each other, spends time together to see if they like each other more. If, at any point, either or both realize this is not the best person for them, they both move on, hopefully having learned something in the process about themselves and what they want/need. In the fundie model, you don't even look at the opposite sex until someone tells you god says you can look at this particular person and you go from looking to preparing for marriage in a day. Now you're tied to that one person pretty much no matter what. 

When that courtship ends, for whatever reason, now you are no longer pure (by their prior-to-courtship definition of the term) and you've planned an entire life with the person but, look, it's not going to happen.

reading this made me think of Jessica Boyer, the unintended poster child for why this kind of courtship hurts the participants.

Just wondering if any of you ever heard of Rachel Krause... Her mom blogs at eightinarizona.blogspot.com

I guess they can be considered as former fundies, as one daughter is now in college and the other one (Rachel) is a registered nurse. She blogs at songsfortheking.blogspot.com

She got married in 2015, and has a 1-year old daughter. She resumed blogging only recently after a year hiatus, and mentioned she now is a single mother after "unexpected and tragic events". Does anyone know what happened to her husband?

1 hour ago, Alicepooh said:

Just wondering if any of you ever heard of Rachel Krause... Her mom blogs at eightinarizona.blogspot.com

I guess they can be considered as former fundies, as one daughter is now in college and the other one (Rachel) is a registered nurse. She blogs at songsfortheking.blogspot.com

She got married in 2015, and has a 1-year old daughter. She resumed blogging only recently after a year hiatus, and mentioned she now is a single mother after "unexpected and tragic events". Does anyone know what happened to her husband?

It doesn't look like she's even been mentioned here before.

I don't know this family but they don't look terribly fundie to me - more mainstream evangelical.  Then again, I tend to associate the term "fundie" with the more heavily legalistic (quiverfull, long skirts only, etc..) folks that I've encountered - things like the Maxwells, Andersons or some of my husband's tales from his parent's super-ATI days or my own VF-ish days.

Since Rachel is going by the last name Krause which is also the parents' surname, I'm going to guess that the tragic event was a divorce. If he had died, I would assume she would still use the married name.

10 minutes ago, GenerationCedarchip said:

Since Rachel is going by the last name Krause which is also the parents' surname, I'm going to guess that the tragic event was a divorce. If he had died, I would assume she would still use the married name.

She's on FB, using her married name, Rachel Camarena.... so..... Mystery...

More of Elisabeth Linzey's wedding photos are up on the family blog. Looks like they had foot washing as part of the ceremony. Sigh

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic

Archived