IGNORED

List of Unmarried Fundies – It's a Small World

FundieFarmer

1 hour ago, Mela99 said:

It really... really does look like him... This is creepy. For her sake, I hope this is just a doppleganger.... and that the Paines wold vet husbands better than the Kellers did. 

A doppleganger with the same birthday and name? Sadly, I doubt that. :(

They have to know about this, right?  I would like to know exactly what he did. Is "sexual assault" different than rape? It doesn't mention the age of the victim so I assume that means it was an adult, right?

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Peas n carrots said:

Can we start a new thread to discuss Tabi & Timothy?

Feel free- I think the discussion moved here because people felt it was cluttering the Duggar threads.

Is anyone familiar with Sarah & Leah from As Lilies Sewing? They are sisters that live in Missouri who stay very busy gardening, cooking, running a farm, making soap, and sewing clothes for their online business. Sarah is 30 and does most of the blog posting. Just found out her younger sister Leah is now engaged to a family friend. It appears that he has a young son. No mention if he was ever married. Guess that will come out later. Sarah recovered from a failed courtship last spring that left her very heart broken. She has since removed that post from her blog. The guy ended the courtship and she begged him to reconsider. Felt so bad for her. It took courage to admit a failed relationship in her world. Now her younger sister is getting married in September. Free Sarah!

I agree that it's too much a coincidence to not be him. How awful. That being said, I tend to doubt they know this. It's possible, but doesn't look like that information is easy to find. It's also not something I could see him ever wanting to bring up. At first glance this guy is financially secure, has a home and is the right amount of conservative. Considering his age (and likely hers), I don't think they vetted him much otherwise.

23 minutes ago, Bethella said:

Feel free- I think the discussion moved here because people felt it was cluttering the Duggar threads.

Did someone create the thread yet? If so, where is it?

1 minute ago, Adrienne83 said:

Did someone create the thread yet? If so, where is it?

No, no one has created a new thread yet. If you want one, create one and post the link here.

30 minutes ago, Suz8710 said:

I agree that it's too much a coincidence to not be him. How awful. That being said, I tend to doubt they know this. It's possible, but doesn't look like that information is easy to find. It's also not something I could see him ever wanting to bring up. At first glance this guy is financially secure, has a home and is the right amount of conservative. Considering his age (and likely hers), I don't think they vetted him much otherwise.

Man...that scares me a bit if Tabitha isn't aware of this. :( If this was someone I knew in real life...I would tell them in a heartbeat.

Oops, deleted entire post, rather than just the Tabby Paine portion. 

I just wanted to add here that JRod may offer, but Nurie couldn't tutor a rock. But we know Jill wants Nurie there to try and snag either Joe or Josiah (I doubt JD would give her a second look; the age difference is too vast right now).

16 hours ago, marmalade said:

Oops, deleted entire post, rather than just the Tabby Paine portion. 

I just wanted to add here that JRod may offer, but Nurie couldn't tutor a rock. But we know Jill wants Nurie there to try and snag either Joe or Josiah (I doubt JD would give her a second look; the age difference is too vast right now).

I'm sure Jill would love it, but I think Michelle might be willing to donate to Planned Parenthood before agreeing to a marriage with the Rs.

I, OTOH, would find it *severely* entertaining.  Especially when Jill appeared on the show.

On 10 January 2017 at 4:23 AM, Tangy Bee said:

Is anyone familiar with Sarah & Leah from As Lilies Sewing? They are sisters that live in Missouri who stay very busy gardening, cooking, running a farm, making soap, and sewing clothes for their online business. Sarah is 30 and does most of the blog posting. Just found out her younger sister Leah is now engaged to a family friend. It appears that he has a young son. No mention if he was ever married. Guess that will come out later. Sarah recovered from a failed courtship last spring that left her very heart broken. She has since removed that post from her blog. The guy ended the courtship and she begged him to reconsider. Felt so bad for her. It took courage to admit a failed relationship in her world. Now her younger sister is getting married in September. Free Sarah!

Yes, I follow their blog. I feel a bit bad for Sarah as it's clear that she was devastated by her failed courtship. I don't know this, but I suspect that she turned out to be too fundie for the guy involved (who I think was from New Zealand). Still, it's nice that she's able to feel happy for Leah.

The first set of Elisabeth Linzey's wedding photos are up on the family blog. I quite like her and her bridesmaids' dresses. Looks like one of the Burnett twins was a bridesmaid.

4 hours ago, Triplet3 said:

Yes, I follow their blog. I feel a bit bad for Sarah as it's clear that she was devastated by her failed courtship. I don't know this, but I suspect that she turned out to be too fundie for the guy involved (who I think was from New Zealand). Still, it's nice that she's able to feel happy for Leah.

Thanks for the info Triplet. By the time I found out, the courtship was over and done with. Had no idea who, or where this guy was from until now. Wow...Sarah could of been married and living in New Zealand! Lots of fundies there. It appears Leah is not as strict as their older brother. He did not touch his wife until their wedding day. I noticed Leah is ok with holding hands.

I looked at Elizabeth Linsey's wedding and I feel really guilty. I don't think I like anything about the wedding. It looks like it took place in 1997 not 2017. The bridesmaid dresses are all too big and have that horrid string tied around their waists. Poor Elizabeth should've had a professional do her hair. It looks stringy and thin. Her bridesmaids are carrying lanterns? Why? And what's with all the poofy sleeves? There is a real market for modest wedding dresses and bridesmaid dresses. Even if they did sew them, there are tons of patterns to choose from. I will never understand why so many fundies are often 1 to 2 decades behind in fashion.

i mean pinterest has plenty of ideas for modest wedding and bridesmaid dresses...just live on pinterest folks it will be good for you in the long run.

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I looked at Elizabeth Linsey's wedding and I feel really guilty. I don't think I like anything about the wedding. It looks like it took place in 1997 not 2017. The bridesmaid dresses are all too big and have that horrid string tied around their waists. Poor Elizabeth should've had a professional do her hair. It looks stringy and thin. Her bridesmaids are carrying lanterns? Why? And what's with all the poofy sleeves? There is a real market for modest wedding dresses and bridesmaid dresses. Even if they did sew them, there are tons of patterns to choose from. I will never understand why so many fundies are often 1 to 2 decades behind in fashion.

I couldn't find anything I like either. I've never followed her or her family, but at least I got the impression that seems to be happy.

I don't understand the laterns at all and can't think of a biblical motive or story to which they might have tried to make a reference.

Was checking out the Mueller wedding photos and noticed the posts before it were all grandbaby posts - wow. Just BAM BAM BAM BAM four in a row in 2016! Who do they think they are, the smortons?

But seriously. Four grandchildren in 2016. 

2 hours ago, picklepizzas said:

Was checking out the Mueller wedding photos and noticed the posts before it were all grandbaby posts - wow. Just BAM BAM BAM BAM four in a row in 2016! Who do they think they are, the smortons?

But seriously. Four grandchildren in 2016. 

Yeah, it's nuts. The scary thing is in 2016 Mortons had six grandkids, I think Seppis had five and the Wallers tied the Muellers for four.

6 hours ago, ophelia said:

I couldn't find anything I like either. I've never followed her or her family, but at least I got the impression that seems to be happy.

I don't understand the laterns at all and can't think of a biblical motive or story to which they might have tried to make a reference.

I did not like the dresses either.

But for the lanterns - were they going for the foolish and wise virgins who were waiting for the groom and some had not enough oil for their lamps? That is my only wild guess....

3 hours ago, hollyandivy said:

I did not like the dresses either.

But for the lanterns - were they going for the foolish and wise virgins who were waiting for the groom and some had not enough oil for their lamps? That is my only wild guess....

That could make sense. But I still find it odd to have this in a wedding.

12 hours ago, ophelia said:

Just them jumping on the Pinterest trend/variations maybe?

Lanterns (and birdcages) have kind of become a 'thing' as far as non-traditional bouquets and/or non-traditional things to have bridesmaids carry in place of bouquets.

Looks like there could be a courtship in the Burnett family. The most recent family blog post mentions that there's an extra person in one of the family photos and says that there will be "more about him later." There is a guy standing behind Charity in that particular photo and it is not one of her brothers...

On 1/19/2017 at 3:09 PM, maple802 said:

Looks like there could be a courtship in the Burnett family. The most recent family blog post mentions that there's an extra person in one of the family photos and says that there will be "more about him later." There is a guy standing behind Charity in that particular photo and it is not one of her brothers...

Can anyone tell who the guy is? He looks slightly familiar but honestly, all fundies look alike to me :-P

IMG_0920.PNG

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic

Archived