IGNORED

List of Unmarried Fundies – It's a Small World

FundieFarmer

5 hours ago, Kayleigh83 said:

Check out the comment below this photo! Feel like this guy needs to be extended an invitation to FJ :pb_lol: (edit - lol never mind! I looked at his page and hoooooo boy...... got outta there fast)

IMG_0102.PNG

Is it normal to ask for cash and/or gift cards at an engagement party? I've never been to one.

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In my opinion I would say yes most parties a gift is appreciated and the proper thing to..EV

even when I got ordained in ministry I got some gifts and I didn't ask or anything

On 5.01.2017 at 9:35 AM, ophelia said:

Evangeline Renee is like THE fundie wedding photographer. I like her pictures, she is way better than the horrid wedding photography we've already seen. I wonder how it comes that she is so close to lots of fundies? And if I remember correctly it is not only the ATI crowd, but also the former VF folks, although I might be wrong.

Her father works for IBLP and his wife is Gothard niece. Evangeline's sister Olivia Fredrickson Webster and Alyssa Bates Webster are sisters-in-law.

On 5.01.2017 at 5:23 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Evangeline Renee (Evy Porter on fb) also does a bunch of mainstream weddings. I wonder how that works. To be able to get into the fundie weddings while also doing the ordinary clevage filled, alcohol doused, dirty dancing ones ;-P (Obviously I'm just being sarcastic about mainstream weddings).

Together with her headship they prayed about it and God laid that on his heart of course :my_biggrin:

30 minutes ago, fish_ca said:

Her father works for IBLP and his wife is Gothard niece. Evangeline's sister Olivia Fredrickson Webster and Alyssa Bates Webster are sisters-in-law.

Together with her headship they prayed about it and God laid that on his heart of course :my_biggrin:

I bet they love all that heathen money! They just go home and pray extra hard after the mainstream weddings. 

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I bet they love all that heathen money! They just go home and pray extra hard after the mainstream weddings. 

With IBLP you get to choose what is godly when and for whom.

Photographing mainstream weddings is surely no more of a sin than the Duggars selling their souls to the television industry while babbling on about how great they are for not watching television because it's bad for their minds or whatever their excuse is today. Or telling the world they don't watch television but watching the same shows on your laptop or tablet.

In IBLP world, you make the rules to judge others by, but if they make bank, they can be twisted just for you.

I have never been to an engagement party. I don't think people in my 'world' do them. If they did...it wouldn't be a gift giving thing. Gifts are for bridal showers and weddings.

Engagement parties were very popular when we got engaged (1992), and it was normal to take a gift.  But since we were having a 6 month engagement instead of the usual 12 months ( we just wanted a small wedding), I didn't think it was right to expect people to feel obliged to buy two gifts in such a short time. My MIL was quite determined that we should have one though, and insisted that she would host it.  Since she wouldn't take no for an answer we presented her with a list of 100 people to invite, knowing that nothing more would be said about it ;).  Bridal showers weren't common, and I didn't have one of them either.

23 hours ago, fish_ca said:

I didn't know about this connection. Thank you, @fish_ca! So she is kind of fundie royalty.

In general the age difference is likely fine but I get such a creepy vibe from Tabitas's guy.  I really hope she didn't resign herself to settle for the first thing that came along -wanting to be a mother and wife at any cost kind of thing. Worrying her days were getting numbered (not true in the real world but in their world I'm sure). I always thought Tabitha was quite pretty and I'm curious why this particular guy. I don't think he's awful but not who I'd picture her marrying.

It is exciting that she'll get to leave the Duggars, which actually gave her more independence than the Duggar kidults will ever know.  I wonder who will replace her as live in tutor? I doubt anyone else in that household will step up to the plate.

No such thing as an event for these people where gifts aren't appropriate.

I wonder why older unmarried fundie men aren't looked at with the same side eye. What's wrong with him that he's not married until now.

3 hours ago, Suz8710 said:

In general the age difference is likely fine but I get such a creepy vibe from Tabitas's guy.  I really hope she didn't resign herself to settle for the first thing that came along -wanting to be a mother and wife at any cost kind of thing. Worrying her days were getting numbered (not true in the real world but in their world I'm sure). I always thought Tabitha was quite pretty and I'm curious why this particular guy. I don't think he's awful but not who I'd picture her marrying.

It is exciting that she'll get to leave the Duggars, which actually gave her more independence than the Duggar kidults will ever know.  I wonder who will replace her as live in tutor? I doubt anyone else in that household will step up to the plate.

Alright I searched Tabitha Paine and Tim Robertson's fb accounts. Tabitha has only had an account for a year, Tim's from 2008 and His account is pretty public. Tim is an only child and does not want to have contact with his mother who lives Roanoke, Virginia. He posts many times how the KJV of the Bible should be the only version people read. He was a Cruz supporter, but switched to Trump after he won the nomination. He really hates Hillary and hopes she goes to jail. He has a fb page for his business, but only 44 people have "liked" it. His construction business only seems to remodel specific rooms in a house, not a whole house, they do lots of kitchens and their work seems to be good (he posts pictures). He has been trying to move to the country in TN for all of 2016 and has some close friends from church who have families. He LOVES steak and potatoes, many food pictures, so I don't think he cooks. Tabitha has some pictures of the Duggar kids and Tim has posted a bunch of pictures with Tabitha in December so I think their relationship is new. He has never been married.

My opinion: Tim seems like a normal overly religious dude with a good job and home. If Tabitha was my daughter I wouldn't have a problem with her dating him so she can make her own decision about marrying the guy. In his pictures, Tabitha really seems happy. Since her account is new, either she was allowed a fb account to get in touch with specific suitors or Tim convinced her and they have known each other for a year. But he has only posted pictures of her since Thanksgiving, so it didn't get serious until then? Over 100 people "liked" his I am engaged post and wrote a lot of congrats. Since I didn't get married until I was 35 and I'm Mormon, I can empathize with Tabitha's situation. I hope she will be happy with Tim. 

No idea how long Tim and Tabitha have been together, but Tim was already included in the Paine family picture they published sometime in the fall, so it was definitely serious before Thanksgiving.

20 hours ago, Suz8710 said:

I'm sure there are a lot of fundie girls that adore the Duggars and would love to replace Tabitha. And there also plenty of fundie Dads out there who wouldn't mind to let their daughters life with Juterus und Boob. One less mouth to feed and the chance that your daughter might marry into the clan.

On 1/7/2017 at 3:24 PM, ClaraOswin said:

I have never been to an engagement party. I don't think people in my 'world' do them. If they did...it wouldn't be a gift giving thing. Gifts are for bridal showers and weddings.

The ones I've been to, only a handful of people brought gifts, and usually because those people weren't going to be able to attend the wedding. A few others brought hostess style gifts you'd bring to any gathering, like a bottle of wine. 

As for having a sign out that says "Gift cards and cash for couple." Sheesh. You can just read one of my previous rants on those types of things so I don't repeat myself.

@opheliaI'm not so sure they would let just anyone in as a live-in tutor. As far as I know, Tabitha was the first tutor to live with them. She comes from a "fundie royalty" family. She bills herself as a private tutor/Spanish translator (via her LinkedIn). She doesn't post any education there so who knows if she's done anything except SOTDRT. It appears she was employed by Jim Bob. I truly doubt he would just take any fundie female in. The Duggars are much more closed off these days and have a lot of things I'm sure they don't want out or only in their timing. Harder to do when someone's living in the house. With that many school aged kids and Duggar time, it's almost certain a tutor would need to live there. Maybe it'll be Anna, who knows.

I do question why Elijah appears to live with them - at least Voting Records had him registered at the TTC. Not sure how that came about and if it was just until he got on his feet, or if he serves another purpose there? The Duggars sure aren't lacking for young men to work the properties so it seemed a bit off to me.

@Suz8710, the reason they didn't have a tutor before Tabitha was because Jessa filled that role.  Once she left they got Tabitha.  We'll see what happens now, but with Joy leaving female kidults to take up the role are scarce.  Jana is the last one above 11 and she is already doing everything else.  I REALLY don't see Michelle going back to schooling the kids herself when she frequently bragged about how her job was just to train one of her kids to do all her jobs for her (she has said this more than once on the show).  I'm sure it will be someone from a family they know well and trust.  

23 hours ago, Mela99 said:

No such thing as an event for these people where gifts aren't appropriate.

I wonder why older unmarried fundie men aren't looked at with the same side eye. What's wrong with him that he's not married until now.

I found this a couple of days ago and have been wrestling over whether or not to mention it here

I'm about 99% certain that this is the same guy:

Spoiler

http://web.archive.org/web/20170109200956/http://www.sorarchive.com/directory/TN/R/Timothy_Robertson_1262982

http://web.archive.org/web/20170109201251/http://norfolkpeople.com/timothy-robertson/

The Norfolk people website connects the remodeling business address to the address listed in the first link. 

I compared multiple photos to the one in the first link and showed them to another person. I think they have the same eyebrows, but my friend thinks they have different noses.

I will say that he's not listed on the official TN sex offender registry, which allows non violent offenders to stop registering after ten years. For those who didn't click, someone with the same name as Tabitha's guy was convicted of sexual assault (which afaict happened in 1999 but he registered for effective 2005).

I'm not sure what sort of sexual assault is considered non violent.

If this is the same man, I hope Tabitha is fully aware of his history, and that she has enough information to be able to decide to move forward with him without any secrets between them.

Also, I feel like a Query girl had been a teacher for them at some point, but maybe that was just music.

The Query mom and later daughters were said to be their music teachers. I think Debbie (the mom) did more than just music. IIRC, Jessa would have been too young at this time to take it all on.

That is definitely the same guy. Same ears. Same neck wrinkle/line. Same creases near the nose/eye. How awful. :(

Also, offenders birthday is 9/9.  And on Tim's page on 9/10/16 he thanks people for birthday wishes.

1 hour ago, ClaraOswin said:

That is definitely the same guy. Same ears. Same neck wrinkle/line. Same creases near the nose/eye. How awful. :(

Also, offenders birthday is 9/9.  And on Tim's page on 9/10/16 he thanks people for birthday wishes.

I saw a post on his page on 9/9 referring to his birthday. So it has to be him. 

I can't believe Tabitha is marrying a convicted rapist....

59 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I saw a post on his page on 9/9 referring to his birthday. So it has to be him. 

I can't believe Tabitha is marrying a convicted rapist....

Unfortunately, I can. 

These people clearly have fucked up views of sex. The current string of fundie  'scandals' makes that clear as day. After Joshie Duggar, IBLP's views were widely spread as their writings & teachings on the subject(s) were hunted down.

Simply put, girls must be pure. Boys can do any damn thing they want and be forgiven because....penis.

In my family an engagement party is a supper with both families present, but no gift. Bridal showers are for gift givinng.

My parents would never allow me to marry a rapist. Even if that meant locking me away somewhere.

It really... really does look like him... This is creepy. For her sake, I hope this is just a doppleganger.... and that the Paines wold vet husbands better than the Kellers did. 

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic

Archived