IGNORED

List of Unmarried Fundies – It's a Small World

FundieFarmer

They've known each other 15 years.  The families are friendly so that means the kids are all friends.  Most likely gotten to know one another in groups of people.  In their world friendship doesn't mean they hung out just the two of them together.

Jinger and Jeremy kept saying they were on the fast track.  I would hope for Joy that there wouldn't be a rush to marriage.  Wonder if they asked JB before including Joy on their website.

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, Dandruff said:

A childhood friend of whose?  If he's three years older than Joy, wouldn't they have been separated by the time she was seven or eight...or even sooner given what happened with Josh?

If Joy is being included in public photos of the Forsyth family, then I expect that they're already engaged.  Wouldn't it look weird for the owners of a family camp to display a new family member then have to remove the photo(s) due to the relationship failing?  I believe they're as good as married.

But Joy has always hung out with the boys of her family. So if her family ever visited them growing up, I'm sure Meghan (his older sister) was hanging out with the older four girls while Joy hung out with all the boys (and Austin). So I'm assuming she knows Austin better than her older sisters (even though he's closer to Jinger's age).

Erin posted a thanksgiving family photo on IG. there are two random dudes in the picture, can we assume two young ladies are courting... Although one does look the same age as Pa Paine...

8 hours ago, love2scrap said:

Erin posted a thanksgiving family photo on IG. there are two random dudes in the picture, can we assume two young ladies are courting... Although one does look the same age as Pa Paine...

Someone posted a comment asking if Tabitha was in a courtship but now it's been deleted.  Could be she is.  The guy looks older but not as old as the dad.  Tabitha is 29 or 30 herself.  Maybe they don't want to go public right now since the last courtship of a younger sister was broken.

21 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

Someone posted a comment asking if Tabitha was in a courtship but now it's been deleted.  Could be she is.  The guy looks older but not as old as the dad.  Tabitha is 29 or 30 herself.  Maybe they don't want to go public right now since the last courtship of a younger sister was broken.

Yeah, I don't think that the guy looks too old for Tabitha at all. He looks maybe mid-to-late 30s to me, which certainly isn't too old for a 30-year-old. That said, I think the fact that Erin deleted the question is a pretty good indicator that they are actually courting. Why delete such an innocent question if it weren't true? You could just ignore it or even say "No, that's just a family friend/cousin/whoever."

Taylor Bontrager, who is only 14, won the $100,000 Bible Bee competition earlier this month. Expect fundy maidens to be knocking on his door in a few years. : )  

[Daniel Staddon won the $100,000 prize at the inaugural Bible Bee in 2009: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/11/13/AR2009111303900.html?sid=ST2009111304312]

Other Bontragers, including Taylor, have won $10,000 Bible Bee division prizes before.

On 30.11.2016 at 4:39 PM, HereticHick said:

Taylor Bontrager, who is only 14, won the $100,000 Bible Bee competition earlier this month. Expect fundy maidens to be knocking on his door in a few years. : )  

[Daniel Staddon won the $100,000 prize at the inaugural Bible Bee in 2009: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/11/13/AR2009111303900.html?sid=ST2009111304312]

Other Bontragers, including Taylor, have won $10,000 Bible Bee division prizes before.

WOW! I had NO idea how high that prize was.. I'm schocked. And I would love it if he spent that money on his education, but we all know that won't happen.. but a girl can dream, right?

16 hours ago, ophelia said:

. And I would love it if he spent that money on his education, but we all know that won't happen.. but a girl can dream, right?

Yes, a girl can dream, but NEVER about an education, only about Prince Charming (selected by daddy of course) ;)

Do the 7 sisters just wear super elaborate promise rings or is that an engagement ring I spy in their latest post?

Gotta be a promise ring. If you look closely several of the sisters wear left-hand rings, although not all the same style.

On 12/7/2016 at 9:41 PM, NachosFlandersStyle said:

Gotta be a promise ring. If you look closely several of the sisters wear left-hand rings, although not all the same style.

I'd love if it were an engagement ring, but I think you're right.

I find them endearing - they all seem to be pretty much chasing some sort of dream or passion (and quite independently) in ways we don't see with others!

Going hand hunting hoping the watch or bracelet helps narrow it down as to which sister that hand belongs to see her usual :)

Bracelets = not helpful. Nearly all wear at least one, if not more, and they seem to sometimes swap and/or switch which one(s) they're wearing and which hand.

Watch = rules out Jessica (has her fancy pilot one) and was much harder for me to find again (figured it'd be far easier than the ring though)

But found this: 23361559444_3a851ffeab_z.jpg

Could it be the same ring? It looks a lot bigger and possibly like it could be two hearts?

And this the watch (finally)?

18814336296_2f1b520b30_z.jpg (With a bigger looking ring on her hand there also?)

If so :( B/c I actually was kinda really digging the possibility!

I think that was Anna, the author of the post. But I also see rings on Bekah (grad photo) and Susanna  (drawing blood).

I noticed in a lot of pictures the 7sisters post that Anna doesn't like wearing the Frumpers. She seems to prefer skirts and t shirts. I can't blame her. Those frumpers with doily collars are just the worst. I know I'm being completely superficial here but I've just always had a strong dislike for those frumpers since the Duggar TLC special days. 

oh gosh those frumpers! i don't know why but i was thinkng that it wasn't anymore a thig in fundie land since know the fundy royalty have change in skirts and normall dress... i need to know more about this girls can someone send me on their thread? thanks

On 12/9/2016 at 1:30 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I noticed in a lot of pictures the 7sisters post that Anna doesn't like wearing the Frumpers. She seems to prefer skirts and t shirts. I can't blame her. Those frumpers with doily collars are just the worst. I know I'm being completely superficial here but I've just always had a strong dislike for those frumpers since the Duggar TLC special days. 

Yeah, I noticed that too! And she seems to prefer a wide headband over those little lace veils. 

4 hours ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

Yeah, I noticed that too! And she seems to prefer a wide headband over those little lace veils. 

Yes, the head band looks much more fashionable and young. She looks her age while the rest look at least ten years older thanks to the frumpers and lace veils. 

And here is their blog:

http://sevenfarmgirlsisters.com/

I'm glad the younger Seven Sisters are allowed to not wear Frumpers - I hope they'll also be allowed to go to college, or start a career outside the home, if they want one.  I completely get that it might be the olders girls' (weird) choice to do their own thing, but I hope the ones who don't want the full frumper/headcovering/SAHD life are able to have more.

Can someone please explain to me why jumpers are considered "the" extreme modest clothing?  Why not something that already has sleeves/you don't need to layer?  (I admit to thinking they look cute, but I don't know why so many extreme fundies seems to default to them.)

7 hours ago, Lurky said:

I'm glad the younger Seven Sisters are allowed to not wear Frumpers - I hope they'll also be allowed to go to college, or start a career outside the home, if they want one.  I completely get that it might be the olders girls' (weird) choice to do their own thing, but I hope the ones who don't want the full frumper/headcovering/SAHD life are able to have more.

They all occasionally wear t-shirts nowadays, and as far as I'm aware they've always worn normal hoodies, sweaters etc. I don't think Anna wearing t-shirts more often than the others and wearing a headband is related to her being one of the younger ones, I think she just naturally has more of an interest in fashion, and has therefore played a  larger part in the sisters' more general trend towards wearing t-shirts and skirts more frequently. The fact that her best friend (not a family member) wears 'normal' clothing probably has something to do with it, too. Also, they've said before that their church doesn't tell them how to dress - their friends and acquaintances at church dress 'normally'. I've been following the Seven Sisters for years - their blog and Facebook - and really do get the impression that unlike other fundie STAHDs, they genuinely do dress they way they do because they like it. I think they've always been aware of the option to dress 'normally'...they've just preferred to wear frumpers until relatively recently.

As as for college and careers, one of the older ones (Susannah) is actually at college currently, doing a fully accredited midwifery course. She's living away from home at the moment too, in order to be near the midwife she's working with. Before starting her course, she worked at a post office for several years. Cassia, the sister between Anna and Susannah, is doing an advanced EMT course and in recent FB comments said she liked the possibility of becoming a paramedic. Jessica, the oldest, has said on the blog and FB before that she'd like to become a professional pilot of some sort, and she currently works at an ice cream place. I really don't think the sisters have ever been forbidden to work outside the home.

2 hours ago, meee said:

Can someone please explain to me why jumpers are considered "the" extreme modest clothing?  Why not something that already has sleeves/you don't need to layer?  (I admit to thinking they look cute, but I don't know why so many extreme fundies seems to default to them.)

From what I remember about the fundies over the years is that the frumpers started in the 90s. Now I actually remember frumpers being somewhat in style for girls in the 90s so it wasn't weird back then to have a bunch of sisters dressing in homemade frumpers. Plus if you went to homeschool conferences like ATI, the big families very often dressed alike. Maybe to keep track of all their kids in a crowd and most likely to show off how big you perfect little family was. The cheapest way out dress alike in a big family is to buy a bunch of fabric on clearance and make modest dresses for them all. The fundie homeschooling community will often influence one another. Of course Gothard had a say in how he liked them all to dress as well. So if you see one family dressing a certain way you think is cute, you will copy them. We all do this in the social groups so of course fundies will as well. 

Now that frumpers have officially gone out of style in the fundie communities, you don't see them much. The 7 sisters still like them obviously and that's probably why they still wear them. What seems to be way more common now is to wear maxi skirts (which are easy to find in stores and inexpensive), t shirts, jean skirts, cardigans, and scarves to stay kind of current and modest. 

• 2 weeks later...

Dang!  The blessings FJ never fail to surprise. Reading the pilot-daughter's story, I've learned about the Abington Company for the first time -- founded by a pilot in her early 20s and thriving!  

Kimberly Mueller and Josh Palazzolo are getting married tonight. Does anybody know if it's going to be broadcasted for everybody to see? 

I guess not. The family blog hasn't been updated. I guess they know about us and kept it to people they know in person, lol. Just a guess.

Tabitha Paine became engaged on New Years eve to Tim Robertson.  Yay for older SAHDs I guess.  Wedding date is said to be 3/25/17.

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic

Archived