IGNORED

List of Unmarried Fundies – It's a Small World

FundieFarmer

Jinger Duggar is courting professional socceer player Jeremy Vuolo.

Also, you can take Rebekah and Abbi Sanders of the unmarried list.

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Iamhispurity said:

Brigid Boyer is engaged - to a friend of her sister Jessicas ex-fiancé.... Who ever guessed that this might happen: you were right.

I predicted that the other two sisters may feel pressured to attach themselves to his friends, but I really didn't expect it to happen after Jessica's engagement was disrupted. Especially since it seems that Levi basically dumped her just a few weeks after they were engaged. Plus, the whole family recently moved to another state. Go Brigid! Way to succumb to actual normal human emotions!

On a side note, I have got to give mad props to the Boyers for not scrubbing the blog after the failed engagement. We've seen this happen so many times in other fundy families, and it's pretty incredible that they are willing to openly discuss what happened (to an extent), and to keep the story of the engagement up on the blog and other social media. Some of us speculated here that they would buckle down and become more strict about courtship after LeviGate, but it seems that they allowed Brigid even more freedom of choice and emotional exploration.

I do feel bad for Jessica. She's the eldest, fresh off of a busted courtship/engagement, and now has to watch her younger sister experience all of the joy with none of the pain. Bonus fuckery: it's Levi's "good friend". Here's hoping they don't invite him to be a groomsman. 

11 minutes ago, SolomonFundy said:

Some of us speculated here that they would buckle down and become more strict about courtship after LeviGate, but it seems that they allowed Brigid even more freedom of choice and emotional exploration.

This is great! I wonder if they learned from the Bateseses, since it seems pretty similar to Gil and Kelly's reaction after the Sarah Reith situation.

9 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I never heard of the Arndts until FJ and this family is fascinating. All these single grown men in one family! That doesn't even happen in non fundie families! It's just so weird.

This is a little OT, but I went to school with a Catholic family who had six kids, all very close in age. They're all in their 30s and 40s now, and as far as I can tell on FB, only one of them is married; not sure if he has kids. None of the others do. But I'm sure none of them are sitting around their parents' house playing with penguins and staying away from the opposite sex...

I have made the corrections and additions I could and posted the lists in the OP.  Please continue to tag me (use the @ and SpoonfulOSugar) when you have new information.  

This topic is not my passion, but I want it to be accurate for all of you.   I am just not likely to go looking for information from other threads or off-site.  So please be as complete as possible with information - I do not organically know who these people are or what first names, etc. go with families.

11 hours ago, hollyandivy said:

Wow - but how was one supposed to guess????

This was why I had...

http://www.freejinger.org/topic/17719-list-of-unmarried-fundies/?page=26#comment-1106989

(Basically, part 3 in Jessica's courtship story)

A few posts down from that someone else shared their thoughts as to why it appeared that way to them as well.

ETA: I also wonder how Jessica is doing with it all.

The silence on the blog that they tried to really chalk up to prepping to move/moving was clearly about more than that all along.

I had wondered if one of the other sisters really might be courting one of Levi's friends liked it seemed they were hinting at earlier, because that would explain a sort of forced 'awkward silence' because how do you announce that so quickly after the called off engagement, let alone when he's friends with the eldest sister's ex?! Sure enough!

20 minutes ago, jakesykora said:

This was why I had...

http://www.freejinger.org/topic/17719-list-of-unmarried-fundies/?page=26#comment-1106989

(Basically, part 3 in Jessica's courtship story)

Okay, thanks, I never made it through the whole thread or the courtship story - by part three I was already snoring..... I like their posts about their vintage clothes but the rest bores me to death!

On 6/18/2016 at 2:59 AM, CrazyCatLady said:

He looks more like her father than her husband.

and with these few comments it sent me down my first rabbit hole to the Smiths and somehow got lost in shatte's? ... and I had to get a profile just to say whoa with the crazy. Long time reader, first time commenter. I find this... lifestyle? cult? religion? so fascinating but also more and more icky the more i dig in. Um I mean, God bless Amanda and Russell. I hope they're happy? But I'm not sure she's allowed to say if she's not... :(

I don't see it in the list here but Olivia Howard from fresh modesty is engaged to a guy named calvin. @SpoonfulOSugar No idea when her wedding is but she is very busy sewing here dress and the bridesmaids dresses

OOps she is already on the list. My mistake

10 hours ago, Angelic83 said:

I don't see it in the list here but Olivia Howard from fresh modesty is engaged to a guy named calvin. @SpoonfulOSugar No idea when her wedding is but she is very busy sewing here dress and the bridesmaids dresses

OOps she is already on the list. My mistake

Her wedding date is August 19, 2016.

5 hours ago, Marian the Librarian said:

Natasha Vernier (sister of Audri Botkin) is engaged to Josiah Courter, per his FB page.

It's a small world in Tennessee...

https://www.facebook.com/josiah.courter?fref=ts

Getting married in just about 6 weeks (Aug 13) - pretty quick even by fundie standards

http://registry.theknot.com/natasha-vernier-josiah-courter-august-2016-tn/15602238

She seems to be pretty good friends with the Boyer sisters. Now two of them may be getting married quite close together time wise.

The Courters are in with all of the TN fundies who dress up in WWII clothing but would never actually serve in the military, pretend women only pined for their sweethearts back then and are the usual homeschooling, SAHD nuts.  I think they all marry each other because what choice do they have? Their courtship model is so strict and their "godly standards" so hIgh that only those within their circles would fit.  I always wondered why the Verniers and Verrets moved to TN.....

The WWII dress up is quite freaky.  They romanticized it in movies but the actual reality of not seeing your fiance/husband/brother/son for months, knowing that he was in battle and could likely die and that you won't even find out right away if he is injured or killed?  Not to mention the PTSD, which was pretty much ignored at that time.  

12 hours ago, Marian the Librarian said:

Natasha Vernier (sister of Audri Botkin) is engaged to Josiah Courter, per his FB page.

It's a small world in Tennessee...

https://www.facebook.com/josiah.courter?fref=ts

There is a very tightknit fundie circle in middle Tennessee.  More than a few people I know from VA moved out there - they're not online famous, though, but I've seen some of them in various Courter/Boyer/Vernier/etc... photos.  If you're into reformed theology and/or theonomy, middle TN is a hopping place right now.

1 minute ago, GenerationCedarchip said:

There is a very tightknit fundie circle in middle Tennessee.  More than a few people I know from VA moved out there - they're not online famous, though, but I've seen some of them in various Courter/Boyer/Vernier/etc... photos.  If you're into reformed theology and/or theonomy, middle TN is a hopping place right now.

Did the Boyer sisters' family move to TN? I read here that they had moved recently, but didn't know where. Or are you talking about Rick and Marilyn Boyer (not related to the singing Boyer sisters)?

4 minutes ago, refugee said:

Did the Boyer sisters' family move to TN? I read here that they had moved recently, but didn't know where. Or are you talking about Rick and Marilyn Boyer (not related to the singing Boyer sisters)?

Boyers are in Ohio, but they make fairly frequent trips.  I know that they sold their home and are living in a rental home now. On the blog there have been mentions of being in a time of decisionmaking, trying to decide what comes next, etc...  Wouldn't be surprised if an out of state move is something they're considering.

6 hours ago, GenerationCedarchip said:

I assume the center of the middle Tennessee universe is the Botkins' church - but maybe I'm wrong! Would love to know more about this little enclave.

8 hours ago, GenerationCedarchip said:

Is that where Justin & Melissa (Keen) Turley and family are located? 

I'm intrigued.  I've lived  in middle Tennessee my whole life and never met a fundie.  I didn't know what one was till I watched the Duggar's 

@SpoonfulOSugar

I guess you can move Nathan Bates back to the singles list, he and Ashley Salyer have broken up according to the latest Bringing Up Bates episode.

21 hours ago, Marian the Librarian said:

I assume the center of the middle Tennessee universe is the Botkins' church - but maybe I'm wrong! Would love to know more about this little enclave.

I think you're right. Two of the fundy families I follow have had Botkins pop up in their instagram feed. One in particular has hosted the Botkins in the past. It's like a spiderweb, or maybe 7 Degrees of Western Conservatory.

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic

Archived