IGNORED

Anna & the M Kids – Part 7

FundieFarmer

8 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

What are the chances that Anna would see an actual doctor? 

My guess is that she goes back to the midwife that delivered her before.  She sees no need for a real dr... 

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Buzzard said:

My guess is that she goes back to the midwife that delivered her before.  She sees no need for a real dr... 

That was what I thought as well. She has had no complications, so why go to the doctor? 

You can easily decline STI screening. I've only ever been with my husband so the doctor does his obligatory asking and I decline. I've never had it done and the doctor doesn't seem bothered. But if I were in Anna's shoes you bet your ass I'd be tested. 

All very true.....I was hoping that maybe Anna would have the good sense to see a doctor at least once and be tested. I never thought of her declining the test. Ignorance is bliss I guess, potentially deadly, but bliss.

10 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

What are the chances that Anna would see an actual doctor? 

She had either Marcus or Meredith in a proper birthing centre with real midwives, IIRC, so I don't think she's against receiving medical care during her pregnancies/labour.

6 hours ago, alba said:

She had either Marcus or Meredith in a proper birthing centre with real midwives, IIRC, so I don't think she's against receiving medical care during her pregnancies/labour.

IIRC, one or both of those two were born in Washington DC and there are probably different laws governing midwifery. Many states and territories have specific regulations about midwives.

29 minutes ago, Four is Enough said:

IIRC, one or both of those two were born in Washington DC and there are probably different laws governing midwifery. Many states and territories have specific regulations about midwives.

I think all the kids were born in AR.  Anna was supposed to have Meredith in D.C. and went to see a midwife there for prenatal care.  Josh resigned because his past finally caught up to him and they moved back to AR right before Merri's birth which we didn't see so don't know if it was at home or at a birthing center.

18 hours ago, JesSky03 said:

You can easily decline STI screening. I've only ever been with my husband so the doctor does his obligatory asking and I decline. I've never had it done and the doctor doesn't seem bothered. But if I were in Anna's shoes you bet your ass I'd be tested. 

Before my pregnancy, I would usually decline being tested. I trust my husband and he's given me no reason to think he would have passed anything to me. He got tested when we first started dating and came back clean - that's good enough for me.

During my pregnancy I've been tested twice - once during the initial round of bloodwork after confirming the pregnancy; the second earlier this week (27 weeks). They rolled the STI testing in with my glucose test so I wouldn't need to get stuck twice. Don't know if the rules are the same elsewhere, but in my state it's standard that they test you twice during pregnancy.

I'm assuming pregnant women are allowed to decline the testing, but its highly recommended they have it done. Some STIs can be transmitted via vaginal birth, so a Doctor needs to know whether to plan for a scheduled C-Section or whether antibiotics are needed during the birth.

All that to say - I doubt Anna would see an OBGYN if she were pregnant right now. And I doubt she would get tested regardless because Jesus or something.

4 minutes ago, QuiverDance said:

Pregnancy would explain her absence from the show.  They don't want people discussing it.  

I just wonder if they're in Texas with TFDW.  Josh could work under Pecan's watchful eye and Anna and the M'kids could exist in a safe gothard friendly environment out of the public eye.  Its odd that even the M'kids have been mostly missing from the show.  You'd expect to atleast see them mixed in with the gaggle.

6 minutes ago, QuiverDance said:

Pregnancy would explain her absence from the show.  They don't want people discussing it.  

That is a very good point. I wonder if we will know about M Kid number 5 until said kid is born. :2wankers:

On 10/19/2016 at 1:59 PM, LadyCrow1313 said:

:: facepalm ::

Oh Anna, if you truly are in the family way with blessing #5, I hope everything works out well.

PS: I hope you've been tested.

Oh god, that is just the saddest part. Sad because she probably has no idea that is something she should do. If she is pregnant and goes to a real MD, I assume they would diagnose anything she has. I hope!

5 hours ago, twinmama said:

Oh god, that is just the saddest part. Sad because she probably has no idea that is something she should do. If she is pregnant and goes to a real MD, I assume they would diagnose anything she has. I hope!

I don't think that will happen. 

Back before all the scandal when Anna was pregnant with one of the existing M-kids, she was seeing Dr Sarver (sp?) which was J'Chelle's OBGYN early on.  I'm not sure where the idea that she wouldn't see a doctor business is coming from.

My only std-testing has been at the beginning of my two pregnancies. I think that the hospital can't force you to be tested but not having an hiv-test can mean they will be dressed in protective suits when they deliver you and I prefer not being delivered by an astronaut.

4 hours ago, MatthewDuggar said:

Back before all the scandal when Anna was pregnant with one of the existing M-kids, she was seeing Dr Sarver (sp?) which was J'Chelle's OBGYN early on.  I'm not sure where the idea that she wouldn't see a doctor business is coming from.

It's coming from the fact that she only saw that Doctor while pregnant with McKynzie and he wasn't even the one who delivered her - there was that weird plot twist where he wasn't in town when she went into labor, so they decided to call a Midwife friend instead of going to the Hospital. 

The rest of her pregnancies and deliveries were all done by Midwife types. She may have gone to a birthing center during one pregnancy, but all the kids have been born at home. So an active choice was made at some point that Anna would see Midwives over an OBGYN. Which is fine so long as the Midwives are licensed, have the proper education, and actually know what they're doing. I don't know enough about Anna's experiences to comment on that, but if it's anything like what Jill and Jessa opted for then that's not a good sign.

so...when was the last time we saw a certifiably 'recent' photo of anna? bc man does she look pregnant to me in that engagement episode. and not just bump-wise, but the way she kept crossing her hands awkwardly in front of her and when they were standing in front of the piano she started to fold her hands over her stomach but kept them awkwardly hovering over her shirt...and the shirt itself was incredibly baggy and casual - anna doesn't normally wear t-shirts for filming, that i've noticed. (also the talking head was very close to her head - no torso shot). and i know everyone's been mentioning that if she was pregnant 3 months ago she'd really be showing now, but have we seen anything of her recently? i don't count the anniversary photo, that could have been taken any time...

I don't think that we have seen a picture of Anna that we know to be recent in ages. We may have to wait for Jinger's wedding.

Scrolling back through the tumblrs, the most recent one is from that thrift store trip where the inquisitor (or whatever highly legitimate news source) interpreted the shadows on her face as a black eye. She's got a stroller and hangers of clothing in front of her, which is not super informative on the m5 front. 

On 10/19/2016 at 0:06 PM, Carm_88 said:

The Duggars shared a picture of them on their anniversary. But I don't know if it was actually recent or not. 

thehollywoodgossip.com/2016/10/jill-jessa-and-anna-duggar-all-pregnant-right-now/

And the gossip starts of course! :P 

The photo in this article is from 2014, it says so underneath. (Unless you mean the stills from Counting On later in the article)

On 10/25/2016 at 8:17 PM, OrchidBlossom said:

The photo in this article is from 2014, it says so underneath. (Unless you mean the stills from Counting On later in the article)

I meant the stills. Not the photo, I remember that. 

On 27.7.2016 at 0:58 AM, Jana814 said:

A family friend's daughter is getting married in October.  Her sister has twins (boy & girl). The girl will probably be a flower girl but the boy is disabled so I'm not sure what he will do. 

As in wheelchair? Custom build a cover so that it looks like a chariot. Very pinterest-y ;)

On 10/20/2016 at 6:38 AM, Four is Enough said:

None of her kids were born in DC. Marcus was born with the assistance of the shack midwives we saw on the show before they left for DC when he was an infant.. We never found out where Mere was born, other than it was after Smuggar returned to AR in disgrace and Anna 7 months pregnant. It was a pity because she had an excellent CNM lined up to deliver her in DC. I remember this because I googled her; her credentials were impeccable. 

Wasn't Marcus born in a birthing center?

Question of the Day:

How many Duggar/Duggar spawn have been born in GM Mary's house? Did Michelle grow up in that house? Didn't Michelle's dad sell that home to GM Mary?

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived