IGNORED

Anna & the M Kids – Part 7

FundieFarmer

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In another thread it was suggested that Anna has been traveling a lot without her kids (except for Meredith) since the Joshgates.  I am wondering if that is the case or if it is just that we know more about her comings and goings than we did in the past.

What do the rest of you think?

23 minutes ago, EmCatlyn said:

In another thread it was suggested that Anna has been traveling a lot without her kids (except for Meredith) since the Joshgates.  I am wondering if that is the case or if it is just that we know more about her comings and goings than we did in the past.

What do the rest of you think?

Well, the Inquisitr article said that all four kids were with them, but the pictures I've seen have only showed Meredith, so - at least to me - the jury is out on whether or not M 1-3 attended the funeral. I don't know how common it is for parents to travel without all of their kids, but if Meredith is still breastfeeding then I could see leaving them in Arkansas. They're young and might not do well at a wake/funeral. Though David and Priscilla brought along their two kids, if they were living near extended family with 19 built-in babysitters, I could probably see the appeal of leaving behind the kids.

Of course, this is just speculation, but maybe Jim Bob insisted that they leave the kids with them and just take Meredith so they could focus on special couple wholesome sexy times. You know, because even in the wake of a family tragedy like the death of the wife's grandmother, the wife must be joyfully available to serve her pervert headship.

I don't know how I could keep sweet at this point if I were Anna. With Michelle blogging about being joyfully available (and they thought that was acceptable for the masses to see!) I'm sure what they tell Anna privately is awful. I wouldn't be able to hold back being nasty towards Michelle or JB if they spouted crap about my role or how I was living up to my expectations.

My problem is though that I always forget I was not raised to believe I was a second class citizen or that marriage came before education. The level that the Kellers and the Duggars must have had to go through to break Anna is disgusting. 

Anna is someone I'd most like to see realize her potential and get the heck away from her sleazy husband and slimy in-laws. 

One day, if Anna ever breaks away, I hope she becomes a better version of Vyckie Garrison. Speaks out in favor of helping survivors without all the shady bullshit that NLQ sometimes has.

On May 23, 2016 at 4:21 PM, theinvisiblegirl said:

Well, the Inquisitr article said that all four kids were with them, but the pictures I've seen have only showed Meredith, so - at least to me - the jury is out on whether or not M 1-3 attended the funeral. I don't know how common it is for parents to travel without all of their kids, but if Meredith is still breastfeeding then I could see leaving them in Arkansas. They're young and might not do well at a wake/funeral. Though David and Priscilla brought along their two kids, if they were living near extended family with 19 built-in babysitters, I could probably see the appeal of leaving behind the kids.

Of course, this is just speculation, but maybe Jim Bob insisted that they leave the kids with them and just take Meredith so they could focus on special couple wholesome sexy times. You know, because even in the wake of a family tragedy like the death of the wife's grandmother, the wife must be joyfully available to serve her pervert headship.

I think this is one of those cases where the Inquistr is probably right.

In the American South, people are big on bringing the whole family to funerals. When my dad died and (at my mom's request) I didn't bring the kids down to Florida to the funeral, my mom's American neighbors were shocked.  And my daughter, who was raised in the South, felt that she had been excluded from something that she should have been allowed to attend.

It is unlikely that JB would encourage Josh and Anna to treat the trip to a funeral as a chance for romance (or whatever).  What is more likely is that he sent one of the J-slaves along so that Josh wouldn't be inconvenienced by having to help with his own kids.  

But I could be wrong.

They would almost certainly take them. It's an opportunity for the M's to spend time with/get to know grandparents, aunts, uncles, & cousins. If they didn't want them at the funeral, they could have someone watch them for 2 hours or so, but I have no doubts they would have at least taken them on the trip to Florida.

On May 26, 2016 at 4:00 PM, ksgranola1 said:

Most churches for big events have nursery.

I thought the Duggars believed children should be in services and no nurseries. (I'm blanking on the phrase they call churches who don't have them).

On 5/23/2016 at 3:21 PM, theinvisiblegirl said:

Or he is holding them hostage so that Anna goes back - you know, just in case her brother gets her alone and works on her to dump Joshy's ass. 

8 hours ago, BabyBottlePop said:

I thought the Duggars believed children should be in services and no nurseries. (I'm blanking on the phrase they call churches who don't have them).

They have cry rooms.  There's a difference between Sunday school which is bad and a cry room for the babies and toddlerswho haven't  been broken into sitting still for the service. 

I can't remember where but I believe I read a description of the Duggar home church group (at least while it was being held in the warehouse) where the person said that although occasionally children would be removed from the service to quiet down, it was rare and for a short period of time and for the most part the kids were all present at the service and expected to listen/participate (depending on age and stuff). I think the person said that was on purpose, that they believed in like child focused ministry or yadda yadda (though that could have been another source/description).

12 hours ago, BabyBottlePop said:

(I'm blanking on the phrase they call churches who don't have them).

Family integrated church?

3 minutes ago, EyeQueue said:

Family integrated church?

Yessss that's what it is. 

I had never heard of them until I started following Zsu Anderson and PP. The fundamentalist Baptist church in my community does have Sunday School and a cry room (I dated a boy in high school who went there and attended a few services). At my Catholic Church the babies and toddlers often make noise and are coloring, reading picture books, playing with toys... Just doesn't seem like something I would expect fundies to support. Even the child has no distractions they're going to cry and get bored or anxious. It's hard for me to image a pastor like PP being ok with baby noise in his church.

6 minutes ago, BabyBottlePop said:

Yessss that's what it is. 

I had never heard of them until I started following Zsu Anderson and PP. The fundamentalist Baptist church in my community does have Sunday School and a cry room (I dated a boy in high school who went there and attended a few services). At my Catholic Church the babies and toddlers often make noise and are coloring, reading picture books, playing with toys... Just doesn't seem like something I would expect fundies to support. Even the child has no distractions they're going to cry and get bored or anxious. It's hard for me to image a pastor like PP being ok with baby noise in his church.

I don't think PP is ok with baby noise. I think he said it once but I could be wrong. They is why they have a cry room at his church. 

13 hours ago, BabyBottlePop said:

The SDA church I attended as a teen was small and didn't have a nursery. I'm not even sure that would be allowed... the person watching the babies might miss something important in the sermon.  It might have been the one thing that kept them out of heaven. :/

I remember infants fussing and crying during the long sermons in our un-air conditioned church in the hot, humid south. Only mothers with babies (never the fathers) seemed to have the ok to go outside and chill. This was an unwritten rule, nevertheless it was not to be broken.

I remember being so hot, bored and miserable that I longed to have an infant to take outside. I would have preferred to take care of an inconsolable baby in the shade of the big trees in front of our church, than to sit through one of those interminable sermons. :P

8 hours ago, Jucifer said:

The SDA church I attended as a teen was small and didn't have a nursery. I'm not even sure that would be allowed... the person watching the babies might miss something important in the sermon.  It might have been the one thing that kept them out of heaven. :/

The cry room at the fundie church my ex went to had a live video stream in the cry room for mothers to watch so they wouldn't miss anything. I was never in that room but at the beginning of the service they would announce it so mothers has a heads up. But this church had a large congregation and a shit ton of money at its disposal.

A cry room- that's awesome! :)

I should have one of those in my house. ;)

Seriously, I have always been an emotional person but lately it has been getting worse. Maybe it's just the aging process, IDK. 

I have to do the mental la-la-la I'm not listening trick at baseball and hockey games because the national anthem makes me cry. :o

Good grief!

We have two cry rooms in our sanctuary with one-way-windows into the sanctuary facing the pulpit. One is for both sex parents and one is for nursing moms. It's cool! Very convenient for them.

I go to a church where my kids sit with me during the service. If they get too noisy or distracting, I remove them and talk to them about being respectful while others are speaking (after a certain age, obviously I'm not removing my infants and lecturing them on respectful conduct lol). Most people bring snacks and quiet activities for kids of a certain age (usually from 1-4 years). After that some families expect them to be able to sit for the hour, others continue to bring activities, even for teens. I kind of look at it as good practice for when my kids start school and need to be able to sit and be quiet during class but I still bring activities for my middle kids (4 and 5) but the 13 year old I don't, he has duties to perform during service so he wouldn't need it anyway.

Church isn't mandatory for my kids anyway, they come if they want to or they stay home with their dad. Usually they go, they have friends and the Sunday class after service is actually a lot of fun.

On 5/30/2016 at 2:56 AM, Jucifer said:

I used to be a Sunday school teacher in a Pentecostal church in the UK, about 20 years ago. There was a little room off the main church hall for parents and babies to sit in, with speakers so they could hear the sermon. Those of us out of the main service working with the children were given a tape of the sermon every week and we were all expected to listen to it before the next Sunday.

Jucifer: the national anthem has ALWAYS made me cry... nothing wrong with that!

ETA: TTTT, sometimes, "Oh, Canada" will make me cry, too!

I think it's because I know the words to these two songs.

5 hours ago, Four is Enough said:

Jucifer: the national anthem has ALWAYS made me cry... nothing wrong with that!

ETA: TTTT, sometimes, "Oh, Canada" will make me cry, too!

I think it's because I know the words to these two songs.

Four is Enough- my soul sister! :)

Sometimes "Oh Canada" gets to me too ;)

I used to help teach a separate church service for Kids that helped them get ready for big church

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived