IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozenty!!11!!: The 20th (THREAD) Achieved!

FundieFarmer

3 hours ago, sophie10130 said:

thanks @JesusCampSongs!! I have my own issues with Liberty, but I did not realize that they were not liked in fields. It makes me feel better knowing that. Because it seems like the church and everyone I knew who went there of course talked about it like it was the best place ever and everyone loves them because they know they have great morals and blah blah blah

From what I've heard, graduates from there do okay as long as they stick to that region or Christian employers. They tend to have a harder time in the mainstream job market because employers consider them a liability. In the old days, when it was a regular college, LU grads were considered a religious harassment lawsuit waiting to happen. Nowadays, they're still a religious harassment lawsuit waiting to happen, and their degrees have lost academic value due to the proliferation of online LU programs. LU is often seen as the Christian version of University of Phoenix, Capella, Argosy, et.al.

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 2:14 AM, roddma said:

I hope this 'counselor' isnt the kind that inflicts guilt on Anna..

Sorry, but here seems to be what they teach about bitterness.

"Bitterness is designed by Satan to destroy your life for God. James 3:14-16, I want you to notice what the Bible says, Colossians 3:18-19, Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as it is fit in the Lord. 

Just remember that the devil can use this bitterness to destroy your life.  There are many wives who are bitter toward their husbands as well.  Did you notice the word submit?  One of the weapons against bitterness is submission, Ephesians 5:21.  Many of the problems in the home today are due to people being bitter with each other and not being willing to submit to one another."

At least they seem to acknowledge that husbands can be bitter as well, it's not all about the wives.  But this stuff just gets me every time I read it. There is a story of how a family was bitter and all the problems seem to be because the people didn't go to church every sunday and didn't submit to the pastor and the children married unsaved people.

"

23 hours ago, Ungodly Grandma said:

Maybe it's the midwife's husband. They offer Full Service Family Support. 

I...went to a really bad place with this one. It's like there's this really thoughtful discussion going on around me and I'm still wondering if Full Service Family Support™ includes a fluffing service.

19 hours ago, RosyDaisy said:

Josh and Anna are probably getting counseling from some IBLP Christian counseling service.

Via Skype.

1 hour ago, just...sare said:

I...went to a really bad place with this one. It's like there's this really thoughtful discussion going on around me and I'm still wondering if Full Service Family Support™ includes a fluffing service.

Not sure, but I bet they will check the sheets post wedding night to guarantee virginity!

11 hours ago, sophie10130 said:

thanks @JesusCampSongs!! I have my own issues with Liberty, but I did not realize that they were not liked in fields. It makes me feel better knowing that. Because it seems like the church and everyone I knew who went there of course talked about it like it was the best place ever and everyone loves them because they know they have great morals and blah blah blah

I had a friend who was almost hired to teach at Liberty.  She desperately needed a job and she is a sincere and devout Christian whose statement of faith passed muster.  But one of the requirements for the faculty, she said, would have put her in the position of violating students' FERPA rights.  She indicated her discomfort with this and that may or may not have been she never got the job offer that she had been led to believe she would get.  She refers to the incident as her "narrow escape."  

(She probably would have taken the job because student loans were killing her.  The good news is that about a year later she got a job at another, less extreme, Christian school and taught there for a few years before getting a job at a  private college with some Christian ties, but not a Christian curriculum/"agenda.")

5 hours ago, anotherone said:

Sorry, but here seems to be what they teach about bitterness.

"Bitterness is designed by Satan to destroy your life for God. James 3:14-16, I want you to notice what the Bible says, Colossians 3:18-19, Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as it is fit in the Lord. 

Just remember that the devil can use this bitterness to destroy your life.  There are many wives who are bitter toward their husbands as well.  Did you notice the word submit?  One of the weapons against bitterness is submission, Ephesians 5:21.  Many of the problems in the home today are due to people being bitter with each other and not being willing to submit to one another."

At least they seem to acknowledge that husbands can be bitter as well, it's not all about the wives.  But this stuff just gets me every time I read it. There is a story of how a family was bitter and all the problems seem to be because the people didn't go to church every sunday and didn't submit to the pastor and the children married unsaved people.

It bothers me, too. Bitterness is usually the end result of festered anger and resentment: something bad happens to a person, they aren't allowed to deal with it, and then they have to live with whatever the bad thing was. Bitterness is the emotional equivalent of an improperly-set bone, and probably inevitable to someone in Anna's situation. She was born into a cult that doesn't allow negative emotions, she was married off to the first person who would take her, and then said person royally screwed her over...and she's still stuck with him because she was brought up to believe that all of this is her fault. It really chafes me that, on top of all of everything else, she's likely to end up getting browbeaten for being bitter, unforgiving, and untrusting. I feel badly for her. 

10 hours ago, JesusCampSongs said:

From what I've heard, graduates from there do okay as long as they stick to that region or Christian employers. They tend to have a harder time in the mainstream job market because employers consider them a liability. In the old days, when it was a regular college, LU grads were considered a religious harassment lawsuit waiting to happen. Nowadays, they're still a religious harassment lawsuit waiting to happen, and their degrees have lost academic value due to the proliferation of online LU programs. LU is often seen as the Christian version of University of Phoenix, Capella, Argosy, et.al.

Thank you for that insight! Out of all the kids I grew up with at my Church that were in my graduating class, my twin brother and I were the only ones in about a class of 25 that didn't go to Christian colleges. It's also interesting because the majority of their parents went to a secular school so I wonder what drew them to schools like LU/etc.

I feel bad about how Anna was raised, but I have topped feeling sorry for her. She is a grown woman who had chances tot take those kids adn leave.

3 minutes ago, roddma said:

I feel bad about how Anna was raised, but I have topped feeling sorry for her. She is a grown woman who had chances tot take those kids adn leave.

I have a feeling that if she was to leave Josh their would be many people willing to help her. 

6 hours ago, JesusCampSongs said:

It bothers me, too. Bitterness is usually the end result of festered anger and resentment: something bad happens to a person, they aren't allowed to deal with it, and then they have to live with whatever the bad thing was. Bitterness is the emotional equivalent of an improperly-set bone, and probably inevitable to someone in Anna's situation. She was born into a cult that doesn't allow negative emotions, she was married off to the first person who would take her, and then said person royally screwed her over...and she's still stuck with him because she was brought up to believe that all of this is her fault. It really chafes me that, on top of all of everything else, she's likely to end up getting browbeaten for being bitter, unforgiving, and untrusting. I feel badly for her. 

I agree that bitterness is probably inevitable in Anna's case, and that a lot of it will be caused by not being "allowed" to deal with her problems honestly.  However, I think that while not being allowed to work through the "something bad" is often a cause of bitterness, there are other causes that are relevant to Anna's case.

Sometimes people don't choose to work through the experience that caused them pain and they may embrace bitterness.  They don't allow themselves to lose their bitterness.  That is no one's fault but their own.

Other times, the only way for the pain/anger to ease and stop festering is for an injustice to be corrected or a source of pain to be removed.  It is very hard to deal with something bad that is ongoing or has ongoing repercussions. For example, I would expect a slave to be bitter about slavery.  I would recognize that the slave had some legitimate reason to be bitter about the past, even after he or she has been freed.

Where this is relevant to Anna's case is that the ATI/Gothard way tells her that if she is angry and bitter, then she is guilty.  She is made responsible for not having worked through a pain that was caused by a great betrayal of her by everyone she trusted most.  And the source of pain is still there. She is still a victim of injustice and she can expect no reparations or support.  She has every right to be bitter not just because she hasn't been helped to work through the pain but because the hurt isn't over.

There is a part of me that feels that in choosing to stay in that world Anna is choosing ongoing pain and bitterness.  There is also a part of me that feels that Anna cannot possibly understand that the "Christian" solution that she is being given is not the best (or even a marginally fair) alternative for her, her children, and even Josh.  She knows nothing else.  

While I don't know whether her parents "married her off to the first person that would have her," or if she had other men who approached her father and were not considered as good a prospect as Josh then seemed, the fact is that when Josh publicly betrayed her, her parents told her to stay in the marriage.

I don't know if Anna is bitter. But I am guessing that she is being told that her legitimate anger and hurt are unacceptable bitterness. As you say, this can only lead to becoming bitter, if she isn't already.  At the same time, she may see no option, and feel guilty about the bitterness which she will try to suppress as she must suppress everything else that isn't "keeping sweet." 

The Whites were visiting the Duggars this weekend, per their public Instagram. The Duggars of course busted out their best styrofoam & plastic utensils for their guests. Is HeIsTheWay  of courting age yet?

PS As the child of a [not fundy] Naval officer, I find TIm & Franicia fascinating!!!

13 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

The Whites were visiting the Duggars this weekend, per their public Instagram. The Duggars of course busted out their best styrofoam & plastic utensils for their guests. Is HeIsTheWay  of courting age yet?

PS As the child of a [not fundy] Naval officer, I find TIm & Franicia fascinating!!!

Never heard of this family. How many kids do they have. 

Was there ever confirmation about how Heistheway is supposed to be pronounced? Is it just "He is the way", like a sentence, or is there some weird pronunciation to it? 

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

their daughter, HeIsTheWay.

:smiley-signs054::smiley-signs054:Christ on a cracker, that name is borderline abusive.

I can't even think up a decent pronunciation. I hope little Hessie goes by her middle name.

Jesus didn't die for this nonsense. 

you all can't be serious about that name.  Why would fundies do that?  Probably because they want to hang out with Fundy royalty the Diggers. As for their small worshiping gatherings.  Don't you see it's the mommies (Ie the mother, jessa, anna and Moochele) and  the unmarried heathens who haven't had kids - they separate even when they separate.   and EC love what you wrote - I can see it exactly like that 

i looked through their instagram - i really don't like these people - they are obvious nuts

I honestly read her name with an L instead of an I, so I thought it was "HeLstheway".  As in Hell is the way.  I was seriously confused

Anyway,  that is a terrible name.  You aren't a better Christian because of what you name your child.  The decision to name their child that is all about attention. 

6 minutes ago, calimojo said:

I honestly read her name with an L instead of an I, so I thought it was "HeLstheway".  As in Hell is the way.  I was seriously confused

Anyway,  that is a terrible name.  You aren't a better Christian because of what you name your child.  The decision to name their child that is all about attention. 

jessa decided to up them one obviously 

back in 2013 @NotALoserLikeYou emailed them to ask how it was pronounced. 

I emailed them to see how the name was pronounced and the father responded:

Heistheway is pronounced

Hi-stha-way. She does not use a nickname. Maybe someday. Her name

means "He is the way" -- Jesus is the way to the Father. :o)

These people are way into guns. Several pics on their Instagram (I don't do Instagram, so I have no idea how to post those pics here) of gun stuff, including hidden holsters for the wimminz and one pic of a guy with a hidden holster in the penis area where one slip of the finger will render him dickless.

ETA: And Franicia is apparently the author of an adult coloring book that is...SURPRISE...not religious-based. It looks like random gear and shape type designs (which I might actually like).

ETA (the second): Someone busts Franicia in an April 28, 2016 post by telling her her shapes are actually Indian mandalas, and so she's risking her ETERNAL SOUL!!!1111 by including those in her coloring book.

I think these people need their own thread. Seriously.

Ah, the Whites. I haven't checked on them since the last time pics surfaced of them staying in the Duggar guest house. Heistheway is my favorite fundy name. 

I've been away from Free Jinger for a while ... work has been super busy .. plus I was out in Portland OR for a week and a half, visiting my lovely little 14-month old granddaughter (who has a normal name by the way). 

I love that I've come back to a discussion of a fundie girl with the name Heistheway.   I had forgotten about this... OH.  MY.  GOD.   

I've always pronounced it (in my head)  as "Heist - away"....  like a bank heist?  And then they got away?    Heist-Away. 

Maybe not too far off.   GAH.  Are these people for real?  Don't answer that.   

6 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Kind of beside the point, but I just noticed that really awful caricature in the background. I'm laughing at Jim Bob's face pretty heartily right now. The shit-eating grin and Michelle's constant, bizarre gazing at his shit-eating face really did not escape the artist whatsoever. Bless

edit: Also taking a moment to appreciate the -.3% space between their faces. /gigglesnort

ewwwwjbmichelle.png

• samurai_sarah locked this topic
  • OnceUponATime unpinned this topic

Archived