IGNORED

Ken Alexander thinks molestation/incest are totally normal ~ Always Learning

On 5/21/2016 at 2:28 AM, laPapessaGiovanna said:

Ken's racist soul. Western Christian society is soooo much better Josh Duggar included than other cultures. 

If that's the case, then why is there so much molestation and incest, apparently, in western christian society? At least, the fundie part, or so it appears.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is Ken under the jurisdiction of the California Dental Board?  Do they need to be informed about this?

1 hour ago, JesusCampSongs said:

Yes, Ken, incest "runs in families" because sexual abuse by adults gets normalized to the point where the kids start perpetrating on one another. It's not normal, it's not good,

I have begun to wonder if it is more prevalent in the hyper-fundie population, and if so, why? Is it because of the type of people who are attracted to the fundie lifestyle, or is it a result of fundie teachings and attitude towards sex, or is it a combination of sorts, or is there some other reason?

I can't think of how a scientific study would be possible, though, considering the subject matter.

1 hour ago, refugee said:

I have begun to wonder if it is more prevalent in the hyper-fundie population, and if so, why? Is it because of the type of people who are attracted to the fundie lifestyle, or is it a result of fundie teachings and attitude towards sex, or is it a combination of sorts, or is there some other reason?

I can't think of how a scientific study would be possible, though, considering the subject matter.

More informative than snarky:

I've never seen any studies directly relating child sexual abuse to religion. I imagine such a study would be difficult to carry out due to innumerable confounding variables. However, studies have identified a number of risk factors:

• Being female. Girls are much more likely to be sexually abused than boys.
  • Living in an unstable family environment with extra parental figures. The more adults who have unsupervised access to a child, the more likely it is that the child will be abused by one or more of them. Sexual predators also target single parents, especially ones who are likely to rely on the predator for financial support and help with childcare. 
  • Substance abuse in the home. Alcohol lowers inhibitions and is a convenient excuse for all manner of creepiness. I have also worked with survivors who told me that their abuser would ply them with alcohol and/or drugs to make them more compliant. 
  • Poverty. Probably because it's strongly correlated with disrupted family structure, lack of resources and access to safe childcare, and transient relationships. 
  • Race. Children of color are more likely to be abused than white children. See above; additionally, social myths about "unrapeable" Black women probably don't help. 

I think it's important to note that these children are more likely to be victimized because they are both easily accessible as targets and are often not in a position to advocate for themselves, not because poor, Black, single women are bad mothers and "let" their kids get hurt. Jerry Sandusky perfected the art of preying on vulnerable youths, for example. 

So, at first blush, these risk factors don't align all that much with our fundies, most of whom are white and raised in relatively stable, two-parent homes where they are unlikely to be exposed to substance abuse. 

But then you ask yourself...what kinds of adults are attracted to fundamentalist Christianity? Sure, there are the overly moralistic and legalistic types, but there's a lot of appeal for an adult who grew up in a chaotic, disorganized family. The church has structure, boundaries, and clear roles and rules for its members, and can therefore easily function as a surrogate family for an individual who has never known stability. In addition to that, religious organizations are often rife with opportunity to prey upon kids because members often trust one another without really knowing each other, and when you throw in patriarchal beliefs about masculine authority and the inherent sinfulness and seductiveness of all females, even children, it's easy for an individual to justify the decision to sexually abuse a child to themselves. 

When pre- or barely- pubescent kids sexually assault other children, it's almost always because someone else, usually an adult, abused them first, and they've come to identify with the abuser. A very small minority of abuse survivors become perpetrators, and boys tend to be much more inclined to that than girls. Therapy can be very effective in preventing further assaults if intervention happens quickly enough. Left to fester, however, these kids can become serial predators. 

Once kids hit their teen years, however, they are perfectly capable of being predatory and creepy without having been abused themselves, which is another place that fundie culture comes in. If you're raised in a zero-accountability, victim-blaming subculture and feel entitled to control, possess, and dominate women, it's not exactly a leap to justify sexually abusing them...especially when you think that it's the equivalent of consensual sexual sins, such as adultery and homosexuality. 

I hope this helped! I can answer more questions if you have them. 

4 hours ago, usmcmom said:

Just putting these thoughts down for...um...clarity as I process this. Yeah, that's it. 

1) One or both of Ken's daughters had tendencies toward an eating disorder and were borderline anorexic, something that often happens to young people when another part of their lives is completely out of control. 

2) Ken was so aware of one of his daughter's teenage body that he noticed when she carried "an extra five pounds."  

3) Ken once highlighted his daughtgers's hair. Her mother did not do it; nor did a friend, an aunt, a grandmother or her sister. Her dad was involved enough with her appearance to be the one to take charge of her highlights.  

I am fully aware that I might go to speculation jail for the above, but...

*stomps foot* I DON't EVEN CARE!  

Mods, please delete if I have crossed the line. 

I don't care about Ken, but remember, you're saying these things about his daughter, too. None of these things are remotely indicative of incest — especially #3. Like, what?

10 hours ago, Curious said:

Ken Alexander is actually an orthodontist consultant, not a dentist.   The fact that he thinks molestation and incest are totally acceptable is still accurate regardless of his profession.

Whatever his specialty is, most of the dentists and orthodontists I know network quite tightly.  They're going to have quite a read about Dr. Ken Alexander and his ideas.

10 hours ago, Curious said:

Ken Alexander is actually an orthodontist consultant, not a dentist.   The fact that he thinks molestation and incest are totally acceptable is still accurate regardless of his profession.

It occurred to me after I posted tat Ken Alexander may of been an orthodontist. Turns out he is actually an orthodontist consultant from California that thinks molestation is normal. 

Thank you for catching that.

15 hours ago, Mercer said:

So let me get this straight...

Consensual mutually enjoyable premarital sex = a huge sin that will diminish your value in the eyes of your future spouse

Loving gay relationship = a huge sin that will ruin America and take away religious freedom via the gay agenda

Sexual abuse = no big deal

???

That is insane troll logic.

@Mercer, and hope I did the tag right: just where would consensual mutually enjoyable POST-marital sex with a loving and known secondary partner (in a poly relationship, where everybody was open and on-board about IT'S COMPLICATED!) end up?

OR, by wild extensions, how would NonProcreative Funsies Sex Stuff (think chandeliers!) with your legal partner score?

Enquiring minds like mine want to know!

This should have come with a trigger warning. I can't, just can't anymore with these people.  When I say "these people" I mean Ken, Jim Bob, Daddy Keller, et al. It makes the human side of my brain turn off. I want to round them up at some sort of fake fundie retreat separate the headships from the next generation, and slowly torturously (like something from a Saw Movie) give them all vasectomies while watching screens of the others simultaneously getting the same procedure. Then I'd take the sons and put them into deep reprogramming, spiritual guidance from non-fundie progressive churches and educational case workers (someone to help them apply for college aid, GED classes etc.). Breaking the cycle has to start with the sons. 

I would not trust this guy for dental work seeing as he thinks molestation is such a normal thing.

5 hours ago, refugee said:

This. Has the uber twisted view they have on sex distorted the fundie thinking to this extreme? As an aside, reading the Naugler and JRod threads, I thought I had seen the worst of fundies but Ken just took the cake.

1 hour ago, Roux said:

This. Has the uber twisted view they have on sex distorted the fundie thinking to this extreme? As an aside, reading the Naugler and JRod threads, I thought I had seen the worst of fundies but Ken just took the cake.

At this point, Ken and Lori are the fundies that I dislike the most. In some ways, they are worse than Steve Maxwell, PP/Zsu, and Jill and David etc.

This shit is common in fundie land. Of course they don't realize this is wrong and sick. And many victims face a deep emotional scar that is with them for life.

8 hours ago, alexandracabot said:

I don't care about Ken, but remember, you're saying these things about his daughter, too. None of these things are remotely indicative of incest — especially #3. Like, what?

You are right about his daughters. To put a stop to what I started, I won't try to further explain my thoughts on my original comment.

It is so weird how he actually calls it molestation WHILE minimizing it. The Duggars and their apologists use euphemisms like "mild inappropriate touching". I don't think they would argue that child molestation is no biggie, they simply pretend that what Josh did wasn't REALLY molestation. I find it even more mind-boggling that this monster can admit what it is and still say it's no big deal. His friends would ask him if he molested his sisters like they all did? Just....WTF??

Ken Alexander the California orthodontist thinks molestation is normal. 

That being said, they live not far from where I grew up and I'm still only a 30-45 min drive away. If anyone can point me in the direction of their current house of worship, I'd love to send some emails. 

I don't have much to say about this except...

Ken Alexander is an orthodontics consultant from California who thinks molestation and incest are normal.

And he and his wife Lori are monsters.

14 hours ago, ILoveJellybeans said:

I would not trust this guy for dental work seeing as he thinks molestation is such a normal thing.

I wouldn't trust him w/roadkill.   :fubar:

What a fucking pathetic waste of space and oxygen.  I wish he'd said it on FB, so it could have gone viral.  

I tried to commit suicide and ended up locked-up in a psych hospital (for the 2nd time) when the full enormity of what a sibling had done to me hit me.  At age 44.  So fuck you and your fuckity-fuck "incest is normal and it's all how you process it" disgusting theories, you useless piece of shit.  :kitty-cussing:

7 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

What a fucking pathetic waste of space and oxygen.  I wish he'd said it on FB, so it could have gone viral.  

I tried to commit suicide and ended up locked-up in a psych hospital (for the 2nd time) when the full enormity of what a sibling had done to me hit me.  At age 44.  So fuck you and your fuckity-fuck "incest is normal and it's all how you process it" disgusting theories, you useless piece of shit.  :kitty-cussing:

I am so sorry for what you endured.  There are so many of us that have been molested and so few that came out without scars(or worse.)  Blessings to you.

31 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

I'm so sorry you had to go through that.  I hope life is much better for you now.  

59 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

I am also sorry you had to experience that.  That is truly horrible, I hope things have gotten better for you.

Re: Ken, what a truly disgusting person, along with his wife.   I tend not get into the threads on LorKen, because the WTF factor is too much for my blood pressure and I truly think there's something very, very wrong with Lori.   Maybe her health issues, maybe not, maybe a combination of both, but whatever.  In any case, this husband of her's is one sick son of a bitch.  

ETA: Not surprised to hear that some of the people in their church they have tried to mentor don't stick around, so certainly Lorken has encountered the WTF factor in real life. Do they get a clue that mayhap, perchance there's something seriously wrong with their views that they spew and try to push on others through mentoring?   No, it's the other guy's fault and they try to turn it around instead, thinking that they have it right and know it all when in reality they are the ones that are seriously messed up. 

1 hour ago, LadyCrow1313 said:

I wouldn't trust him w/roadkill.   :fubar:

When reading the menu, I read "Ken Alexander thinks moles ..." Once I got to the thread I first read "are normal." So Ken Alexander thinks moles are normal? OK, what a dummy. Then I reread.

But I wouldn't trust him with dead moles, either.

59 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

I wish he had, too. 

Best wishes to you. Nobody should have to carry those memories.

Archived