IGNORED

Ken Alexander thinks molestation/incest are totally normal ~ Always Learning

On 5/21/2016 at 0:52 PM, Curious said:

I split this off into it's own topic.  It's too important to be buried in the regular Lori Alexander thread, IMO.

Well, I certainly hope that someone doing a Google search on Ken Alexander Orthodontic Consultant California** comes across these revolting comments.  I'd honestly hate to hire this disgusting excuse for a human being as a consultant for my dentistry or orthodontics business or, worse, endorse him on his website without knowing this.  And something tells me that medical professionals catering to children have no idea that the guy they've supported on his website thinks that molestation is no big deal.

**I'm assuming that it is against the TOU to actually go ahead and state the name of his website/business, even though this is arguably one of the most disgusting things I have seen on the internet that wasn't explicitly click bait.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just googled Ken Alexander and the first few things that come up in my area are stories about the new mayor-elect of Norfolk VA who shares the same name as Ken. Poor man.

I saved his words and brought them over here, but I didn't make a screencap, unfortunately. I wonder if it's on the wayback machine yet. Would be good to have a 'real' copy.

ETA: Just had a look, nothing there, dammit. 

None of this is coming up when I google him. His Alexander and Sons website lists integrity as their first core value. :roll: And there are pediatric orthodontists who are listed as testimonials. I bet they don't realize they are hiring a guy who things kids being molested is not a biggie. 

Ken claimed when he came here before that it didn't matter if clients read FJ because he was getting ready to retire, but I bet it matters since he isn't just potentially destroying his business, it is also his son's business. One of these days all this is going to catch up with Ken. 

I haven't read much about Ken and Lori, mainly because there are a lot of threads about them and I just haven't had time to go down the Alexander rabbit hole.

But I find this to be absolutely disgusting. From what I'm reading here, none of this seems very surprising coming from him?

And remember:* Ken Alexander, the orthodontics consultant from California, thinks molestation and incest are okay.

I don't know how Google Analytics works, so I hope I did this right!

On 5/21/2016 at 2:20 AM, refugee said:

This is actually a fairly common teaching in the Titus2 world. Where does it originate? Anybody know? Did it first come from the Pearls, or someone else?

The fundie crowd misuses 1Cor 7:3-5. The Bible does say spouses should not withhold sex, but it does not say you must do it every single time.  It simply means to be respectful if your spouse's desires and don't refuse too much. 

Just now, Free Jana Duggar said:

The fundie crowd misuses 1Cor 7:3-5. The Bible does say spouses should not withhold sex, but it does not say you must do it every single time.  It simply means to be respectful if your spouse's desires and don't refuse too much. 

Amen to that. It actually sounds a whole lot more reasonable than "Never refuse your husband. Not for any reason."

39 minutes ago, theinvisiblegirl said:

I haven't read much about Ken and Lori, mainly because there are a lot of threads about them and I just haven't had time to go down the Alexander rabbit hole.

But I find this to be absolutely disgusting. From what I'm reading here, none of this seems very surprising coming from him?

And remember:* Ken Alexander, the orthodontics consultant from California, thinks molestation and incest are okay.

I don't know how Google Analytics works, so I hope I did this right!

To be fair to Ken (and I really don't want to be fair to Ken!), I don't recall he ever said they were 'okay.' He just wrote about them as if they were really not a big deal at all, and said that Satan was causing the victims to feel victimized, not the perpetrators, and that those feelings were sinful. And 'invalid.' 

Ugh.:angry-banghead:

No, Ken. It's your beliefs on this subject that are invalid. Not to mention extremely harmful to anyone who comes into contact with them.

I didn't realize how deeply this disturbed me until I googled this sicko and saw his face. I still feel like I'm going to throw up.

I honestly had never ever ever thought about molestation and my brother before. It's like the most repellent thought I have ever had in my life. Thanks, Ken. I can't fathom why anyone would allow you in their child's presence now.

I'm going to go take a shower.

I think star-nosed moles aren't normal.

It took me awhile to get through this thread because.....well.....I am mad as hell. I am seriously angered by this piece of trash, and I would have a very hard time not wanting to knock his teeth out with my fists if I ever were in his presence. I fully admit that the last sentence was most likely inappropate, but Ken trying to normalize and justifying sexual abuse is just so disgusting. I did not think it would be possible for Ken to get any more repulsive, but he managed to do it. This is just yet another example of a group of people claiming children are gifts from God but these same gifts are treated horribly and not protected within their families, home and religious communities. What is Ken REALLY trying to explain away here? What is really going on within their circles for Ken to say such things? Makes one wonder......

I have spoke about my childhood situation on here. For Ken to downplay the lifelong struggles one has to endure because of molestation is honestly rage inducing. I am not playing victim. I am an abuse survivor just trying to survive. I had to overcome a lot and still struggle to this day as a 40 something year old adult. You damn right I have a bad attitude towards this situation. I was stripped of a normal childhood. I find trusting people difficult. There are times when I fight with anxiety and depression. I lost a lot of family and friends because I spoke my truth and fled. Why should I have to keep quiet and struggle in silence just to make sure people's reputation stays intact? My parents failed to protect me and cared more about their reputations in their cycles than they cared about their own daughter. Of course that affects me to this day. I am not made of steel. I am human. 

Ken saying such garbage is continuing the cycle of abuse. Ken and Lori should never ever be giving advice to anyone, and I do not think they need to be around children after reading that bull shit. Ken and Lori are flat out dangerous. 

52 minutes ago, Mecca said:

This is just yet another example of a group of people claiming children are gifts from God but these same gifts are treated horribly and not protected within their families,

They may say they are gifts, but they are not. They believe kids are property.

I think fundies need to spend a little time with Khalil Gibran.

Your children are not your children.
They are the sons and daughters of Life's longing for itself.
They come through you but not from you,
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.

You may give them your love but not your thoughts, 
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow, 
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
You may strive to be like them, 
but seek not to make them like you.
For life goes not backward nor tarries with yesterday.

*hugs to you* I'm so sorry for everything you went through.

Thank you for all the kind words.  I appreciate it, truly.

What dickwads like Ken don't seem to understand is that any molestation or abuse, even *one instance*, can be enough to dramatically alter someone's entire psyche and subsequently their life.  Because when you are used or abused sexually as a young child, often the message that gets internalized is..."this is all I am good for, this is WHO I AM".  Because when you pull that sick shit on a CHILD who is growing and developing and trying to form their identity and self-image, it actually fundamentally changes their entire operating system.  (read "The Body Keeps The Score" by Dr. Bessel Van Der Kolk, great book).  And you cannot fucking pray that shit away.  It takes professionals who know what the hell they are doing, and years of hard work. 

Thank you to those who have shared what have to be painful memories so that people can understand that disgusting, vile creatures like Ken aren't telling truths

Just wanted to let everyone know this thread is coming up 4th in my DuckDuckGo search engine.  Keep it up, gang.

I've pledged to keep this thread on page one for the foreseeable future ;)

Just putting these thoughts down for...um...clarity as I process this. Yeah, that's it. 

1) One or both of Ken's daughters had tendencies toward an eating disorder and were borderline anorexic, something that often happens to young people when another part of their lives is completely out of control. 

2) Ken was so aware of one of his daughter's teenage body that he noticed when she carried "an extra five pounds."  

3) Ken once highlighted his daughtgers's hair. Her mother did not do it; nor did a friend, an aunt, a grandmother or her sister. Her dad was involved enough with her appearance to be the one to take charge of her highlights.  

I am fully aware that I might go to speculation jail for the above, but...

*stomps foot* I DON't EVEN CARE!  

Mods, please delete if I have crossed the line. 

No big deal. Ken was just making sure his daughters were groomed.

I'm kind of surprised that Ken hasn't put up a blog post supporting his views on child molestation. It couldn't have been easy for him to delete his walls o' text, since he has such a high view of himself.

33 minutes ago, freealljs said:

I'm kind of surprised that Ken hasn't put up a blog post supporting his views on child molestation. It couldn't have been easy for him to delete his walls o' text, since he has such a high view of himself.

I suspect he's working on one. He has to use twenty words when one word will do, though, so we may have to wait awhile longer. This could well be his magnum opus.:roll:

1 hour ago, freealljs said:

He still has to finish that second bottle of wine. 

Did he not learn anything from the media storm and public backlash the Duggars experienced?

He should be banned from working with minors and vulnerable persons. He's a disgusting monster!

On 5/23/2016 at 4:58 PM, polecat said:

They may say they are gifts, but they are not. They believe kids are property.

I think fundies need to spend a little time with Khalil Gibran.

*hugs to you* I'm so sorry for everything you went through.

That poem is wonderful.

I hate it when people tell others what to feel. Has saying, "Be happy!" ever really cheered anyone up? It just adds guilt to whatever was bothering you in the first place.

Kids in particular need to have their emotions validated. I told mine they weren't responsible for what they felt, but they were responsible for what they did about those feelings. 

Also, Ken Alexander, the orthodontics consultant from California, thinks molestation and incest are okay. And my feelings about him aren't friendly.

May I suggest "orthodontist" or something similar be added to the title? Otherwise, anyone googling him might just assume it's some other piece-of-shit Ken Alexander, not Ken Alexander, the California orthodontist, who thinks child molestation and incest are normal, and not even bother clicking.

I just googled "Ken Alexander orthodontic consultant" and this thread is on the first page of results. It's at the very bottom, but on the first page. Good work, FJ folks. :)

This creepy ass mo-fo needs to be exposed. Seriously though, what is he thinking, posting that horrendously twisted shit on the internet with his name attached to it???? Even Michael Pearl would disapprove of siblings molesting siblings, FFS. 

Children are only valuable when they are in utero. Duh! Once they're born Ken thinks incest and molestation are totally cool.

Archived