IGNORED

Counting On- Part 10: Counting out in Central America!

samurai_sarah

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I watched the Bates family last night. Kelly & Gil really invest so much time in their kids. Last night they were showing what they do in the summer time.They showed the kids all playing a game of kickball. Gill teaching one of the girls tennis. A cpl weeks ago they showed Kelly teaching the kids. The did science & math. Real math & science. Kelly was saying how she & Gil went to college and that they want their kids to be prepared for whatever they want to do. I was very entertained. I just don't think TLC has the goods to keep 19KAC going. No imagination plus JB won't let them show us their real life.

On 5/24/2016 at 6:30 PM, EmCatlyn said:

I don't think he has necessarily given up the dream.  He may just be waiting until the married children can afford/are ready to build their own houses.

. . . .Which seems to be never at this point. :/

4 hours ago, OrchidBlossom said:

I don't know about breaking a courtship. Weddings have always pulled the most viewers for them, plus they have to weigh the benefits of "proving" that they have a say versus the stigma in their circles of a broken courtship. If I were in their situation I would hesitate to break a courtship on those circumstances.

Also for them to use a broken courtship as "proof" they would have to have a decent understanding of what problems people have with their family. If counting on taught us anything it's that the Duggar's (and possibly TLC?) are completely oblivious to them. I mean really, their response to people thinking Jana is the family slave is to show her doing even more shit for the family. Or rather saying she does more shit but then just having her stand around while her brothers do it. Either way they completely missed the point.

On 5/26/2016 at 0:57 PM, nastyhobbitses said:

Don't be silly, Zika is a just punishment for praying to Jesus incorrectly!

Yes, Jesus really means it to hit the Catholics.

The problem is that we have seen two Duggar girls marry and have babies. I think the ratings would go down with each wedding/birth. There really isn't anything new to show. It isn't as though the next girl will go outside the Duggar norm.

The last few episodes proved that there is really nothing else to show. They didn't even attempt to have a cliffhanger for another season. Those show was boring. There was not one exciting moment. I hate to say it but the show was more interesting when Jim Bob, Michelle and all the kids were involved, before Jill and Jessa were married. Jill and Jessa just aren't interesting enough nor do they have any type of charisma. Counting On just showed, embarrassingly, how the adult Duggar kids have exactly nothing going on in their lives. I cringed through half the episodes because they obviously had no idea how badly they were coming off. 

1 hour ago, sunshine said:

So, is Counting On over?

I HOPE SO! :handgestures-fingerscrossed:

36 minutes ago, socalrules said:

The problem is that we have seen two Duggar girls marry and have babies. I think the ratings would go down with each wedding/birth. There really isn't anything new to show. It isn't as though the next girl will go outside the Duggar norm.

The last few episodes proved that there is really nothing else to show. They didn't even attempt to have a cliffhanger for another season. Those show was boring. There was not one exciting moment. I hate to say it but the show was more interesting when Jim Bob, Michelle and all the kids were involved, before Jill and Jessa were married. Jill and Jessa just aren't interesting enough nor do they have any type of charisma. Counting On just showed, embarrassingly, how the adult Duggar kids have exactly nothing going on in their lives. I cringed through half the episodes because they obviously had no idea how badly they were coming off. 

I think the only way they could save the show would be if someone went outside the Duggar norm. I think we all know that isn't going to happen.

48 minutes ago, socalrules said:

I don't disagree with you there. I just think the Duggars (who clearly have a very poor understanding of what the general population really thinks of them) probably sees weddings = $$$$ and won't realize that the value goes down with each wedding (not for a while, anyway). So regardless of us knowing that to be true, the girls may face some pressure to court and marry.

3 hours ago, OrchidBlossom said:

I don't disagree with you there. I just think the Duggars (who clearly have a very poor understanding of what the general population really thinks of them) probably sees weddings = $$$$ and won't realize that the value goes down with each wedding (not for a while, anyway). So regardless of us knowing that to be true, the girls may face some pressure to court and marry.

To the second bold: who wants to watch another fucking courtship? Hear Jim Bob drone on and on and on about the rules and the purity and why they do it and why they think it's superior to regular dating. Cut to Michelle talking about when she met Jim Bob and how they kissed and how they touched and they regret doing it that way and wished they had saved their first kiss for their wedding day. Blah blah blah blah blah! The first bold is spot on. They have no idea how the public views them. They just know the leghumpers adore them, but the leghumpers are not the majority - only the majority of who's on the official Duggar page.

1 hour ago, theinvisiblegirl said:

To the second bold: who wants to watch another fucking courtship? Hear Jim Bob drone on and on and on about the rules and the purity and why they do it and why they think it's superior to regular dating. Cut to Michelle talking about when she met Jim Bob and how they kissed and how they touched and they regret doing it that way and wished they had saved their first kiss for their wedding day. Blah blah blah blah blah! The first bold is spot on. They have no idea how the public views them. They just know the leghumpers adore them, but the leghumpers are not the majority - only the majority of who's on the official Duggar page.

Personally super looking forward to some more tittilating side hugs. The "will they won't they" of getting engaged (spoiler alert: they will!), will she find a modest dress?! (yes), what about the bridesmaids' dresses?! (also yes), what courtship rules will they set (side hugs at courtship, no hand holding before engagement, no kissing until the altar)... wait... I guess we don't need another courtship after all.

25 minutes ago, OrchidBlossom said:

Personally super looking forward to some more tittilating side hugs. The "will they won't they" of getting engaged (spoiler alert: they will!), will she find a modest dress?! (yes), what about the bridesmaids' dresses?! (also yes), what courtship rules will they set (side hugs at courtship, no hand holding before engagement, no kissing until the altar)... wait... I guess we don't need another courtship after all.

Oh my gods yes.. all the fake drama.. ugh!

Jilly: Oh my I don't know if Cinderjana will be my maid of honor!?!

Jana: Of course I will, I will ever so joyfully also alter all the bridesmaid dresses and wait on you hand and foot. You don't need to be stressed after all (if they even know what stress is, I'm certain they may be like Princess Giselle from Enchanted and not KNOW that emotion.)

I mean I know all reality shows make fake drama, but there actually is drama on Say Yes to the Dress since the girls aren't all stepford wives.

1 hour ago, PartriarchydefyinValkarie said:

Oh my gods yes.. all the fake drama.. ugh!

Jilly: Oh my I don't know if Cinderjana will be my maid of honor!?!

Jana: Of course I will, I will ever so joyfully also alter all the bridesmaid dresses and wait on you hand and foot. You don't need to be stressed after all (if they even know what stress is, I'm certain they may be like Princess Giselle from Enchanted and not KNOW that emotion.)

I mean I know all reality shows make fake drama, but there actually is drama on Say Yes to the Dress since the girls aren't all stepford wives.

To be fair, on SYTTD, according to my friend who thought about getting on the show because she lives in Atlanta and was getting married, they make sure you don't eat for most of the day and give you tons of champagne so you get tipsy and a bit belligerent. I still have pacts with my friends that they'll be the bitchy, overbearing bridesmaid friend on my episode, and I'll do the same on their episode.

Though I'm wondering what kind of drama they could manufacture for a Jana wedding. Who will do all of the dirty work because that's what Jana usually does? Will JD pull a shitty prank on her? Will Anna drone on and on about how she is totally the expert on relationships and stuff? Will Jill pretend she's "gone native"? Will Michelle somehow make it all about her? Tune in next time for "Duggars Getting Desperate"!

42 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

To be fair, on SYTTD, according to my friend who thought about getting on the show because she lives in Atlanta and was getting married, they make sure you don't eat for most of the day and give you tons of champagne so you get tipsy and a bit belligerent. I still have pacts with my friends that they'll be the bitchy, overbearing bridesmaid friend on my episode, and I'll do the same on their episode.

Though I'm wondering what kind of drama they could manufacture for a Jana wedding. Who will do all of the dirty work because that's what Jana usually does? Will JD pull a shitty prank on her? Will Anna drone on and on about how she is totally the expert on relationships and stuff? Will Jill pretend she's "gone native"? Will Michelle somehow make it all about her? Tune in next time for "Duggars Getting Desperate"!

Oh yes, I have heard about that and heck I bet they write up something for someone to argue about too. 

This is what's wrong with any of these fundies having reality shows. Reality shows like Survivor, Big Brother, ect. They thrive on this unreal drama and in fundieland they are all supposed to be perfect smiling happy people because JAZUS told them to. 

I rewatched that scene from Enchanted just know I can see a Maxwell or Botkinette acting just like Giselle. :pb_lol::pb_lol::pb_lol:

1 minute ago, PartriarchydefyinValkarie said:

Oh yes, I have heard about that and heck I bet they write up something for someone to argue about too. 

This is what's wrong with any of these fundies having reality shows. Reality shows like Survivor, Big Brother, ect. They thrive on this unreal drama and in fundieland they are all supposed to be perfect smiling happy people because JAZUS told them to. 

I rewatched that scene from Enchanted just know I can see a Maxwell or Botkinette acting just like Giselle. :pb_lol::pb_lol::pb_lol:

I would watch the shit out of a Real Housewives spinoff with all fundie housewives. If it doesn't end with Alyssa flipping a table, Michelle getting into a catfight with Kelly, Jill releasing an album full of AutoTuned-to-hell hymns, and Jessa halfheartedly starting a SexyModest fashion and mocktail line, I will be severely disappointed. Jill Rodrigues can come on the show as "the messy one".

1 minute ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I would watch the shit out of a Real Housewives spinoff with all fundie housewives. If it doesn't end with Alyssa flipping a table, Michelle getting into a catfight with Kelly, Jill releasing an album full of AutoTuned-to-hell hymns, and Jessa halfheartedly starting a SexyModest fashion and mocktail line, I will be severely disappointed. Jill Rodrigues can come on the show as "the messy one".

*jaw drops*

That my friend is gold... it needs to happen. :handsex:

I really think the only shot the Duggar family has at major ratings is something like Duggar in the City, where one of the kids has flown the coop. Not that that will ever happen, but I don't think they can reasonably expect ratings with just more of the same.

I'm the same age as Josh, and I remember watching the first 14 Kids and Counting special when I was like 14. I literally only watched it because I wanted so badly for just ONE of those kids to do something rebellious. I'm 28 now. That means I've been waiting half my life for some fireworks!

19 hours ago, socalrules said:

Bolding is mine. I feel the same way. When 19 Kids and Counting was still running there was something to make fun of. Counting On is boring as previously mentioned and we still see Jim Boob and Michelle just less often. 

Jill and Jessa are perhaps the most boring Duggar girls imaginable. Their husbands are no better.  

On 2016-05-27 at 3:36 PM, Bad Wolf said:

<snip>

What do they do all day when they're not filming?

This is a very good question. The kidults are not being educated in any way, shape or form. I suppose the younger ones might spend an hour or two on the computer, ostensibly studying, and an older one might check on them occasionally. The "girls" are not allowed to do paid work. Surely housework does not take all day, and the goddess knows they don't devote any quality time to cooking.

So what the heck are they doing? If I belonged to that family, I'd be deeply distressed and disheartened by how worthless my life would seem. Nothing much to do, no goals to achieve, no independence possible outside of marriage, no encouragement to be creative--what empty lives they all seem to have.

Just now, PennySycamore said:

@nastyhobbitses, which one of the men is going to fake a cancer diagnosis (ala Brooks of the OC) and which housewives will call him out on it?

Josh could as part of his Redemption Campaign, but I could see John Shrader using it as a grifting opportunity.

What I'm wondering is which couple will be the fundie Joe and Teresa and serve staggered prison sentences.

If I were a kidult, I would read, read, and read some more. Oh wait, they can't just puck up any book and read. I couldn't just read a Bible all the time. I need variety!

Just had to say, that I'm loving these "Real Housewives of Fundieville" scenarios.  At one time, I would have cast Jinger in the snarky Bethany role, but I'm afraid that might have been prayed our of her.

TLC  did specials with Kate plus 8 for a few years. It's been filler material. Kate plus 8 was suppose to be on this weekend. They advertised it on TV one day and it was off the schedule and website the next day. I doubt they will ever be more then filler. The family brand is now toxic. 

TLC has a new family the Busbys. They seem to be set up to be the golden family.

3 hours ago, DarkAnts said:

TLC  did specials with Kate plus 8 for a few years. It's been filler material. Kate plus 8 was suppose to be on this weekend. They advertised it on TV one day and it was off the schedule and website the next day. I doubt they will ever be more then filler. The family brand is now toxic. 

TLC has a new family the Busbys. They seem to be set up to be the golden family.

I really don't like that show. It's boring, we've had previous show very similar. I preferred the couple who had four kids at once after years of trying on Rattled. I don't remember their name right now, but they seemed sweet. 

I can't help but feel for the older sister, it has to suck with five younger twin sisters. 

5 hours ago, MiddleAgedLady said:

If I were a kidult, I would read, read, and read some more. Oh wait, they can't just puck up any book and read. I couldn't just read a Bible all the time. I need variety!

Hey hey now they also read biographies of great Christians and "fiction" (read: word vomit) about keeping princesses who remained pure a la Before You Meet Prince Charming and nonfiction about how to remain pure before marriage and kissing dating goodbye.

• Destiny locked and unpinned this topic

Archived