IGNORED

Counting On- Part 10: Counting out in Central America!

samurai_sarah

3 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Sorry, but (with her head cut off) just automatically made me think that Derick's gone all Henry VIII on us.

Derek looks more like a unabomber with the hair.. although I think he'd make a perfect extra in Fear/the Walking Dead. Speaking of such where is Mr. Accountant half the time? He seems to just sit off to the side or hold Izzy?

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, CorruptionInc. said:

That and maybe people just don't want two psycho's as their in-laws. 

Not everyone wants to live such a public life.

On ‎5‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 4:51 AM, nastyhobbitses said:

My grandmother used to volunteer at a local history museum and started calling hoes "cultivators" because one too many middle school groups disrupted her presentation with church giggles after she said stuff like "The early settlers worked the fields with hoes just like this one, and the local Native American tribes had hoes of their own..." or "This is the oldest hoe we have in our collection".

Reminds me of when my niece was middle school-aged, & we were talking about a topic (person) in one of her school subjects. She said the word "ho", realized what she'd said & turned red. I gave her a look (not a bad one, I promise) and said to her, "You meant a gardening implement, right?" She caught on quickly, & said yes. She's a smart kid.  :giggle:

3 minutes ago, Snickles said:

This cracked me up recently 

12744695_10206463270643749_7651181795359971996_n.jpg

Can't post a pic right now, but it also reminds me of Hacksaw Jim Duggan's battle cry: "Hooooooooooooooooooooooooo!"  ;)

2 hours ago, Snickles said:

This cracked me up recently 

12744695_10206463270643749_7651181795359971996_n.jpg

Especially if he/she's in a different area code.

Apparently you can buy a map that shows all of the places in the United States where Ludacris claims to have hoes. I kind of want one solely because he mentions my area code.

12 hours ago, yetanothermeg said:

Just saw a pic on the Pickles and Hairspray FB page. It shows Jill (with her head cut off) and Israel, and Jill is reading to a group of children. She is wearing a top that is longer in the front than at the sides; a common style of maternity top.  To me she looks preggers.

Only 1 of the children is turned her way. The rest look so bored. Even Izzy looks like he doesn't want to be there.

1 hour ago, Geechee Girl said:

Only 1 of the children is turned her way. The rest look so bored. Even Izzy looks like he doesn't want to be there.

I was surprised when I actually felt a small pang of sympathy for Jill. Those kids couldn't give dos mierdas about being there. I felt a larger pang of sympathy for the kids.

On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 1:27 PM, theinvisiblegirl said:

and they decided that they could break a contract with Michelle/Jim Bob/Josh for solid reasons,

Late to this party, just got home from a quick weekend getaway....

I wonder if the contracts with TLC and the Duggars have a morals clause?

ETA: I should really read the whole thread before posting. I see someone already mentioned this. Sorry!

20 hours ago, yetanothermeg said:

Just saw a pic on the Pickles and Hairspray FB page. It shows Jill (with her head cut off) and Israel, and Jill is reading to a group of children. She is wearing a top that is longer in the front than at the sides; a common style of maternity top.  To me she looks preggers.

I guess Jill wants to keep her show?

1 hour ago, CorruptionInc. said:

I guess Jill wants to keep her show?

Zika and microcephaly be damned, eh Jill? :P

1 hour ago, theinvisiblegirl said:

Money talks.  Zika walks.  Besides ya'll, the're special.

11 hours ago, Season of life... said:

I was surprised when I actually felt a small pang of sympathy for Jill. Those kids couldn't give dos mierdas about being there. I felt a larger pang of sympathy for the kids.

Having done the whole White Savior Goes To Teach The Little Children thing, I do feel a little sympathy for her; nothing deflates you like working incredibly hard on a lesson plan and activities, and then you come in and the kids don't give a fuck and just want to mess around on their phones and read comic books, or throw stuff at you and call you a cunt. But going through that also disabused me of the illusions that I was ~making a difference~, that my presence mattered, that I was a competent teacher, and that just "caring" and being an awesome hero teacher with the best activities would get these kids on the path to a better life. A part of me hopes that Jill will soon realize the futility of her exercise like I did.

5 hours ago, theinvisiblegirl said:

Oh but if she actually has a child with that it will proove her godliness.:pb_lol:

24 minutes ago, PartriarchydefyinValkarie said:

Oh but if she actually has a child with that it will proove her godliness.:pb_lol:

Maybe she'll get a Faith Films movie about her like Miracles From Heaven and God's Not Dead. I'm eagerly awaiting the day Blake Lively or a similarly desperate-for-work actress who can be made to vaguely look like a hotter version of Jill graces our video on demand services with an atrocious Scarlett O'Hara accent shouting about how she will NAHT ABOAWT THIS PRECIOUS MIRAKULL FROM GAWD and will FILL HIS UNDERSAHZED HEAD WITH THE LOVE OF JAYZUS. Then that "this is my fight soooooooonnnnngggg" song will soar in the background and she'll convince some liberal evil doctors who are made to look just Jewish enough that you know they're Jews but not full-on Der Ewige Jude not to cut her microcephalic baby to pieces with a chainsaw or whatever it is that evil liberal Jewish doctors do to PRECIOUS MIRAKULL BABBIES in the world of Christian cinema.

1 hour ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Maybe she'll get a Faith Films movie about her like Miracles From Heaven and God's Not Dead. I'm eagerly awaiting the day Blake Lively or a similarly desperate-for-work actress who can be made to vaguely look like a hotter version of Jill graces our video on demand services with an atrocious Scarlett O'Hara accent shouting about how she will NAHT ABOAWT THIS PRECIOUS MIRAKULL FROM GAWD and will FILL HIS UNDERSAHZED HEAD WITH THE LOVE OF JAYZUS. Then that "this is my fight soooooooonnnnngggg" song will soar in the background and she'll convince some liberal evil doctors who are made to look just Jewish enough that you know they're Jews but not full-on Der Ewige Jude not to cut her microcephalic baby to pieces with a chainsaw or whatever it is that evil liberal Jewish doctors do to PRECIOUS MIRAKULL BABBIES in the world of Christian cinema.

Yer on a roll today, Nasty.

23 hours ago, LadyCrow1313 said:

Can't post a pic right now, but it also reminds me of Hacksaw Jim Duggan's battle cry: "Hooooooooooooooooooooooooo!"  ;)

Got to meet him a couple of years ago at a local wrestling extravaganza and my friend won an autographed 2x4 used at that nights' festivities :my_biggrin:...and he did write Hoooooooooooooooooo on it *giggle*

If she is currently pregnant,  we can only hope that the many visits from her parents are to bring crates of Deep Woods Off.

4 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I want to cross-stitch this onto a pillow.

On 5/22/2016 at 1:48 PM, Dandruff said:

Maybe TLC was just trying to buy time with Counting On, hoping that some advertisers would appear (or calm down) and that something filmable would happen with the Duggars.  I still think the show is done...but if Jill or Jessa became pregnant, or an adoptable baby magically appeared, then TLC would have the advantage of continuity.  Meanwhile, the leghumpers are appeased and the Duggar kids get a few $$s.

1. I bet it's cheaper to make the shows than payoff JB [could be wrong]

2. What this poster above said. No one is going to adopt.My $$ is still on Jill giving birth to a miracle baby unaffected by Zika because the prayed for a mighty hedge of protection around the baby. This will span Zika is a hoax rumors to be "proven" by the  Creation Museum.

3. The age so many of them are, someone WILL get married. I still say one of the girls will break a courtship to prove they "do so have a say" just like how they "proved" they wanted 1 big room.

4. There are a few other "cards" they could play to get ratings and to "prove" the kids have choice. They could show someone go off to college--or explain why Joe left (finished a minor certificate program or whatever). They will likely show them working at the taco place or with wedding woman. And, God help us, they could have JB/M talk "openly" about the way Josh's actions affected their marriage (no sex that one day etc).

5. The younger kids could be returned to the central focus. More stupid birthday parties and dentist trips. More staged one-on-one time, but this time perhaps Jackson with John David or something like that.

On the whole, I wouldn't be surprised if they come back. What I dread is the series focusing on Josh "taking it one day at a time" and "walking thru the tough stuff" and "enduring this season of life" and Anna popping out another baby while the sisters decorate a room at the house. UGH.

Maybe Jessa could adopt a Zika baby, and show all us heathens how faith & the love of Jesus can cure it & turn it into a miracle baby like Josie?

11 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Having done the whole White Savior Goes To Teach The Little Children thing, I do feel a little sympathy for her; nothing deflates you like working incredibly hard on a lesson plan and activities, and then you come in and the kids don't give a fuck and just want to mess around on their phones and read comic books, or throw stuff at you and call you a cunt. But going through that also disabused me of the illusions that I was ~making a difference~, that my presence mattered, that I was a competent teacher, and that just "caring" and being an awesome hero teacher with the best activities would get these kids on the path to a better life. A part of me hopes that Jill will soon realize the futility of her exercise like I did.

I am also a former teacher. Now I just work 8 hours per day for twice as much money and no one throws things at me. 

At this point it really does depend on the advertisers.

If TLC can rustle up some advertisers who don't care about JoshGate, TLC can deliver at least a million viewers every week for a pittance.  I'm sure that TLC has cut a rock-bottom deal with JB so that the main cost will be the film crew.  If they use more Duggar-shot video, then even the filming costs will be negligible. 

The sad truth is that a million people plus will turn in to watch the Duggars do anything: get haircuts, go to the optometrist, mow the lawn, shop in thrift stores. change a lightbulb.  TLC doesn't need to send them on trips or manufacture drama, all they need to do is send a film crew out to tape the Duggars existing.  That's enough to carry a show apparently.

2 minutes ago, Artemesia said:

I am also a former teacher. Now I just work 8 hours per day for twice as much money and no one throws things at me. 

Same. I'm on sabbatical teacher. I make way more now than I ever did teaching. No one throws anything at me right now either. I know kids will be kids but holy moly crap how many parents were surprised when I told them they can curb the throwing in their kids. Be a parent, not a friend. Especially to a small child just learning the rules and boundaries. 

23 minutes ago, Artemesia said:

Transitioning to a 9-to-5 after teaching at a boarding school through an NGO (which meant all of my friends were other people in the NGO) and always having to be "on" and pretty much having no separation of my work and personal life was the life choice equivalent of Tom Hiddleston showing up on my doorstep with a magically replenishing box of Double Stuf Oreos and telling me I'm pretty.

Now I'm in grad school and I might consider going back to teaching, but not through an NGO teaching program (most of which I think are super White Savior-tastic) and I will never, ever teach middle school again, no matter how much I'd get paid to do so. Though ideally I'd like to do content creation/textbook writing, since I really enjoyed researching and then making teaching materials; I just didn't particularly enjoy my hours of work going to waste because Little Johnny in the back thinks that setting his desk on fire is a more productive use of his time and mental energy.

• Destiny locked and unpinned this topic

Archived