IGNORED

Louisiana lawmaker makes ass of self with stripper joke

47of74

Unfortunately even though Jindal is gone there's still plenty of stupid in Louisiana government;

thonline.com/ap/national/article_b9f0a769-e433-5f61-ae65-9063aa92b2cd.html

Louisiana lawmakers have called on their colleague to apologize for suggesting on the House floor that strippers should be in their 20s and no more than 160 pounds.

Republican Rep. Kenny Havard provoked outrage Wednesday when he briefly proposed the amendment to an anti-human-trafficking bill aimed at blocking strip clubs from hiring dancers younger than age 21.

Female colleagues said the amendment was offensive and disrespectful. Havard defended it as a joke, a commentary on government over-regulation.

By Thursday, the "joke amendment" drew national attention, widespread scorn on social media and commentary across the Louisiana Capitol.

Fuck you Rep. Havard.

On May 20, 2016 at 7:31 PM, 47of74 said:

Fuck you Rep. Havard.

I personally appreciate the fact the proposed "amendment" was to a bill aimed at Human Trafficking. Nice joke bro, hardy-fucking-har. 

• 5 weeks later...

*sigh* these are my people. It's shit like this that makes this state look completely backwards and awful.  

On 6/20/2016 at 10:56 AM, Imrlgoddess said:

*sigh* these are my people. It's shit like this that makes this state look completely backwards and awful.  

I know better, having family down in Louisiana near Alexandria.  Now that Bobby is out of the picture I may visit again.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/20/2016 at 10:56 AM, Imrlgoddess said:

Me, too.  It is so sad.  When I visit my hometown, it is shocking to me how disgusting it has become.  And the reacism is so in your face I can hardly believe it.  

Archived