IGNORED

Tonya Ferguson is back and oilier than ever!

PopRox

Tonya Ferguson has rebranded with a new blog to shell EOs: RVOilers.com. Not much there yet (and she said *surprisingly* little about Dale's infidelity; though she did bring it up once-- maybe she finally decided he's been punished enough?), but she's just as wordy and smug as ever!

(Confession: when i was scrolling Facebook and saw a link to RV Oilers, i first thought it either had to do traveling around working in the petroleum industry; or a sports team that used to be from Houston).

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the best news ever. I will skim a thin film of oil off every scoop of joy this brings me.

Whoa, that site is one of the smuggest things I've ever read.

How is pushing a product like snake essential oil for medicinal purposes legal? Because that's the vibe I got from it (though I'm not familiar with the product she's talking about)... does it just need to be worded vaguely enough to avoid trouble? 

Tonya's hair has gotten very "There's Something About Mary." I'm guessing she attains that height through...err....oils.

We are naturally minded folks, that are REALLY good at sharing with each other!

I've never heard this phrase before, can anyone enlighten me? 

4 hours ago, littlemommy said:

This is the best news ever. I will skim a thin film of oil off every scoop of joy this brings me.

Make sure you bottle it up and sell it to doTerra! You could be rich!

Her story is ridiculous. Her family was constantly sick, and she tried supplements and herbs, and other brands of EO and none of them worked. Now they all are going to live a million years. Her husband's eyes look like he has gone the herbal route.

19 minutes ago, littlemommy said:

I used oils to cure my husband's wandering eye!

Well, if you poured it into his eyes he can't see anything else anymore! So voila - he's cured! A true miracle! :) 

Paxton is the SPIT of Tonya. 

Also, Tonya is just weird. 

On 5/19/2016 at 5:20 PM, ViolaSebastian said:

I've never heard this phrase before, can anyone enlighten me? 

I wonder if it's something like "crunchy"? (I think that's what that word means, but I could be wrong.) Like the fundie moms in our former church, 15 or 20 years ago, who were trying to outdo each other: homeschooling, doing the Weston Price food thing (one mom I knew not only baked her own bread, but sprouted the wheat, then dehydrated it, then ground it and made it into bread... And maybe even it was sourdough bread with a starter she'd made herself, by capturing the local wild yeast to start her culture. No, really. I am not making this up, as Dave Barry used to say. Funny man).

The really, really gung-ho ones did the whole Y2K thing -- moved to a piece of land, collected a year's worth of food, had beef cattle and a dairy cow or goats and chickens (eggs and meat), rabbits, and maybe a pig, and planted a large organic garden.

This was in addition to sewing hers and the kids' clothes, buying most of their staples from Azure Standard, gardening for fresh organic vegetables, canning...

I mean, it was insane.

Makes me tired even to think about it. I couldn't begin to "keep up with the Joneses." It's just as well. If I hadn't failed, I could have been a prideful, insufferable paragon of "virtue" and we might never have left the lifestyle.

We lived in the city. It was plenty enough land for me to manage. 

I tried sewing, was hopeless (my dyslexia *really* kicks in when I try to follow a pattern or put pieces together). I baked my own bread sometimes, but didn't have a grain mill, so mine was from "less wholesome" already ground flour.

I tried canning. Once.

I homeschooled -- though it more resembled unschooling (not the way the Nauglers do it, but lots and lots of reading aloud together, twice weekly trips to the library where the kids each selected their own stacks of books, lots of exploration with whatever we had around the house and yard, trips to the park and memberships to the zoo and science museum, outside classes for what I didn't feel qualified to teach, etc.) than the "classical homeschooling" practiced by the trendy crunchy moms.

Oh, and by "natural" I bet they also mean no vaccines, no over-the-counter meds, avoid doctors, homemade "non-toxic" cleaning products, and cure everything with essential oils.

Why would she try something for four years if it wasn't working? And why would hubbie only pay for the new oils if she agreed to use only them for a year? I can see saying "No buying" anything else for a year, but not using anything else? Their whole "story" strikes me as nonsense.

Is this the same women who posted pics of herself posing on chicken droppings?

A former coworker posted on Facebook that she had burned her arm badly on a pot of hot spaghetti sauce.  Amidst the replies of "Get to the ER!"  was one from someone to treat it with lavender essential oil, but only a DoTerra one.  Even told her she'd send her a bottle in the mail.  I PM'd the coworker tout de suite and told her to never ever use any essential oil undiluted, topically or internally, just get to the damn ER or at the very least, her MD TOMORROW  (this was at night.)  Thank goddess she she did get it (conventionally) treated.

I loathe these essential oil quacks SEVERELY.

I have friends who sell YL oils...and I think they're all nuts.  I bought some oils, just because I like to diffuse them and they make the house smell nice, but these YL people were all like "OH NO!!  You must only use YL oils, because they are the best and most pure and blah blah".  And I was like "yeah, but they're through the roof expensive, and I only like the smell, not the witchcraft".

People are insane.

10 hours ago, Granwych said:

A former coworker posted on Facebook that she had burned her arm badly on a pot of hot spaghetti sauce.  Amidst the replies of "Get to the ER!"  was one from someone to treat it with lavender essential oil, but only a DoTerra one.  Even told her she'd send her a bottle in the mail.  I PM'd the coworker tout de suite and told her to never ever use any essential oil undiluted, topically or internally, just get to the damn ER or at the very least, her MD TOMORROW  (this was at night.)  Thank goddess she she did get it (conventionally) treated.

I loathe these essential oil quacks SEVERELY.

Even if, somehow, magically, oils did anything for burns, who the hell is going to wait on the postal service to treat a burn?

52 minutes ago, Terrie said:

Even if, somehow, magically, oils did anything for burns, who the hell is going to wait on the postal service to treat a burn?

You're thinking rationally----get thee some DoTerra, however which way---

What really cracks me up are the recipes posted, especially the ones which call for ONE DROP of a particular oil.  For the whole damn pot! (The price of one bottle could probably feed the family for a few meals.)

6 hours ago, klynn said:

I have friends who sell YL oils...and I think they're all nuts.  I bought some oils, just because I like to diffuse them and they make the house smell nice, but these YL people were all like "OH NO!!  You must only use YL oils, because they are the best and most pure and blah blah".  And I was like "yeah, but they're through the roof expensive, and I only like the smell, not the witchcraft".

People are insane.

I don't buy YL or doTerra oils. Like you, I buy oils(usually from Amazon) for diffusing and making the house smell nice and I'll use them mixed with vinegar for light cleaning purposes here and there.

18 hours ago, Terrie said:

A true devotee will do anything as directed...

17 hours ago, lilwriter85 said:

I don't buy YL or doTerra oils. Like you, I buy oils(usually from Amazon) for diffusing and making the house smell nice and I'll use them mixed with vinegar for light cleaning purposes here and there.

I get mine from Amazon too.  Healing Solutions is the brand.  They work for what I need them for just fine, with about 1/3 of the cost of the mlm ones.

I just buy essential oils at WalMart or Kroger. I use lavender to help me sleep, sometimes I'll add it to my makeup or soap, but only just enough to make it smell good. And I would never dream of using it undiluted or drinking it.

2 hours ago, FJismyheadship said:

I just buy essential oils at WalMart or Kroger. I use lavender to help me sleep, sometimes I'll add it to my makeup or soap, but only just enough to make it smell good. And I would never dream of using it undiluted or drinking it.

Kroger sells essential oils? :shock: I'm in that store three or four times a week and have never seen EOs! What department would they be in? 

I can find them at HyVee in the same aisle with things like Dr. Bonners and other 'organic' sorts of shampoos and soaps.  

28 minutes ago, Loveday said:

Kroger sells essential oils? :shock: I'm in that store three or four times a week and have never seen EOs! What department would they be in? 

I found them on the health and beauty isle. 

28 minutes ago, FJismyheadship said:

I found them on the health and beauty isle. 

Thank you! I'll check there next time I'm in the store. I've looked in the drug dept, around the vitamins and other supplements because that's where I thought they'd logically be. Lavender's the main one I want, but I flat out refuse to go through YL or DT even though it seems like half my FB friends are selling them these days.:doh:

Archived