IGNORED

Best church signs

iheartchacos

There's one by my house: If evolution is real why do mothers have only two hands?

Obviously this argument ends all speculation.

I'm going with the classic viral internet picture

"Honk if you love Jesus.  Text while driving if you want to meet him."

@mstee HOLY COW.  Seriously, how on earth did these get posted in the community?!  I am dying laughing.... thank you for sharing  :)

And for some reason, Josh Duggar came to mind when reading these.... ick!

Can't decide between this being a grammar fail or painfully accurate description of organised religion. 

1_churchKill.jpg

There was one near us that said "You asked God for a sign."

I thought that was a pastor I might enjoy meeting.

Right before Mother's Day, my friend sent me a picture of a church sign that said, "The greatest gift a mother gives is time spent on her knees."

7 hours ago, roddma said:

Here's  a few including the one Always Excited posted.  Note the one that says "Having trouble sleeping?'http://www.ldssmile.com/2015/04/26/hilarious-church-signs-that-are-just-too-funny-not-to-share/

"Whoever is praying for snow, please stop." :pb_lol:

(I just looked it up, and 14 Holy Helpers Church is in Buffalo, which makes total sense since they get slammed almost every winter.)

Ahh I wish we still had church signs around here! I have gotten such a kick out of these [emoji23]

23 hours ago, Kailash said:

I saw one locally that said something like "God asked for spiritual fruit, not religious nuts".

Wouldn't this make the perfect religious tract to hand to the more obnoxious cranks that come door-to-door, shout from sidewalks, or scream inside Target?  I wonder if David Rodrigues has time in his busy print ministry schedule.

Speaking of tracts, I found one on the sidewalk a few days ago:  "The banana -- the atheist's nightmare."  It gave us a chuckle on our walk (though I'm sure that was not the author's intention).

I would've thought it the fundies nightmare- being a phallic symbol and all!

Spoiler

Banana_tract_photo.jpg

@FundieFarmer This was a very odd tract, emphasizing the usual sin=death, but there was also the example of the banana to demonstrate there is a God, or penis, or something.  No indication who printed it.

Ah, Ray Comfort's banana!

(...which sounds really dirty out of context. :my_angel:)

ETA:

1 hour ago, smittykins said:

Thank you!  I see that FJ has an archived topic on this fruity fellow, so I'll be reading up on him.  The tract also talks of how the Coke logo on an aluminum can proves God, but I am not very good on following his logic on these matters.  Off to read...

:2wankers:

17 hours ago, smittykins said:

(...which sounds really dirty out of context. :my_angel:)

ETA:

he looks like Geraldo Rivera in the still shot... oy vey

My favorite bumper sticker from last year:

Do you follow Jesus this close?

• 3 weeks later...

This thread reminded me of a town I drove through a few times while in college. I was a mature young lady of around 20, so I didn't make a big deal about everything in that town. 

Flippin, AR you provided many laughs for me! 

Flippin Church of Christ

Flippin Baptist Church 

Flippin Post Office

These are not photos I took. The several I took were on film, and have been lost. Almost ten years later and I still think it's funny!:laughing-rollingyellow:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Archived