IGNORED

Bigot admits ripping off fellow plane passenger's hijab and saying, 'This is America!'

47of74

I hope this guy does go to prison;

nydailynews.com/news/national/bigot-admits-ripping-fellow-plane-passenger-hijab-article-1.2636677

A North Carolina man faces prison time after ripping the hijab off of a Muslim woman on a Southwest Airlines flight.

Gill Parker Payne was en route from Chicago to Albuquerque in December when — shortly before landing — he approached his fellow passenger and told her to take off her headscarf.

The 37-year-old bigot later admitted that he ripped the garment off the unidentified woman’s head and told her: “Take it off. This is America,” according to the Department of Justice.

He pleaded guilty in federal court on Friday to using force to stop the women from freely exercising her religious beliefs and now faces up to a year in prison and a $100,000 fine.

I hope someone explained to this asswipe that because this is America that means she has every right to wear a hijab if she wants.

i swear, crazies have really started to come out as of late. is something in the water?

I doubt he'll go to prison... I mean, being an intolerant asshole is hardly a major Federal crime.

But I really hope that hefty fine, and burning feeling of guilt stings his ass HARD, and maybe he'll learn a lesson?

A hope... A hope...

8 hours ago, browncoatslytherin said:

i swear, crazies have really started to come out as of late. is something in the water?

With Trump spewing his garbage constantly, I think they feel they have an ally. Allows them to say and do whatever moronic thing that pops into their head.

On May 16, 2016 at 6:03 AM, bashfulpixie said:

With Trump spewing his garbage constantly, I think they feel they have an ally. Allows them to say and do whatever moronic thing that pops into their head.

This is one of the worst things about Trump's run IMO.

As for the original story -- I'm just floored. What a vicious attack; how can anyone justify that?

That is straight up assault and a hate crime!

• 1 month later...
On ‎5‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 0:42 AM, browncoatslytherin said:

Or in the chem trails left by airplanes (especially those that don't go away immediately), perhaps

what this asshat did was essentially remove part of her clothing; I don't see it any differently than if he forcibly removed my coat, and I do see it as assault.  if this woman has worn a hijab all of her adult life, she likely regards it as a garment as much as her other clothes, and this guy has no business touching it without her consent.  dirtbag.

Archived