IGNORED

Escaping Polygamy - Mainly Kingston Clan - Otherwise Known as "The Order"

I looked up her obituary. 15 kids! Still quite a few young ones, too. Hopefully she had advocates in her life (like they girls on the show) that stepped up to try to see that her kids weren't sent back to their father with no questions asked. 

• Upvote 1

Binge watched while nursing and snuggling my peanut this week. My thoughts-

1. There's obviously some staging involved - mostly for drama or because they need to recreate something to help explain what's happening. I think they do a decent enough job trying to blend the reality with the staging though.

I am curious about how staged their FLDS excursions may be though. I find it tough to believe they'd go into Colorado City or the compounds just to stage things.

2. Susan was the sister of Shirley, mother of Shanell and Kollene. She appeared on the show a few times - first time in a scene where  she, Shanell, and Kathy (another of Shanell's aunts) go out to get food with Shirley and try to talk her into leaving. It breaks my heart to hear what happened to her and I sincerely hope her children are safe and doing ok.

3. I'd love to see more of the lady in Vegas who helped Priscilla (Christine I think.) She seems like a fantastic human being from the links and videos others have shared here. 

4. I'd also love it if Rachel Jeffs was featured more too. I feel like she'd be a fantastic resource for people escaping from the FLDS. (Also, she and Brandon are cute as a button together. Lol!)

5. I'm torn on the insider. Part of me says staged, but part of me thinks there's some truth there. The part where they spoke about being assaulted definitely seemed honest... but the whole situation seems a bit fake in ways. 

I'm thinking, like others, that they are a younger female. I'm pretty sure they said they're a child of the leader (Paul), but I can't be sure. I do think this person is legitimately scared of the Order regardless of whether or not they've left now. And I don't blame them - even if they're out, it's likely their family isn't and they could be worried about the repercussions they could face if they're identified.

6. Every time Jessica talks about her uncle, I die a little more inside. That poor woman went through so much at such a young age. Same with the others who have left - but Jessica sticks with me in a way the others don't. That pain and hurt in her voice and face when they went to the ranch to rescue the insider was 100% real. 

7. I just want to hug Joe. That poor young man has been through a lot and I think he is a perfect example that this cult can be just as damaging to boys and men as it is to girls and women.

18 hours ago, faraway said:

I have yet to watch the episode.

On a positive note: Jessica and her husband are expecting their third baby, another girl. 

Aw! That's so nice to hear. Hoping she has an easy pregnancy, a smooth delivery, and a healthy little baby. 

• Upvote 9

Yay for baby snuggles! It's good to "see" you again @VelociRapture! I'm pretty much on the same page with all of your points. I think the girls know exactly who the "insider" is, but for her safety are playing like they don't. Even if she is out, it would seem that she took enough damaging info that if the Order knew who to sue, it would. I don't think she is out though. I think she's decided to get as much as she can before she blows.

• Upvote 3

I watched last nights episode. I'm so glad Priscilla is doing so well. Also I'm glad that 'half-sister' is finally out of that environment.

• 2 weeks later...

The Insider is still in the order. And apparently there's going to be another raid. Has anyone heard of any raids? I'm too far east to hear about anything local in Utah. Would love to hear if it's actually happening. Also bittersweet about the order business suffering. Yes they should suffer but we all know that the budget cuts hit women and children first. Those men are not suffering. But also when there's no money, more girls are able to escape faster. 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, OyToTheVey said:

The Insider is still in the order. And apparently there's going to be another raid. Has anyone heard of any raids? I'm too far east to hear about anything local in Utah. Would love to hear if it's actually happening. Also bittersweet about the order business suffering. Yes they should suffer but we all know that the budget cuts hit women and children first. Those men are not suffering. But also when there's no money, more girls are able to escape faster. 

I wonder on what grounds the raid will take place. I think the US government would be smart to get them on illegal financial dealings or OSHA or the such. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, quiversR4hunting said:

I wonder on what grounds the raid will take place. I think the US government would be smart to get them on illegal financial dealings or OSHA or the such. 

I think the only wait to get them is financial. Can't really prove child abuse when mom is brainwashed. And Utah has weird laws about runaway children. I think there's going to be another IRS raid. 

• Upvote 4

19 minutes ago, OyToTheVey said:

I think the only wait to get them is financial. Can't really prove child abuse when mom is brainwashed. And Utah has weird laws about runaway children. I think there's going to be another IRS raid. 

It worked to bring down Capone!

• Upvote 3

I live in Utah. I haven't heard about any Kingston raids. It's been about the FLDS and the trial and the Jeffs brother who escaped his ankle monitor. There was a bill up to the state legislature, I think last week, about polygamy again. Jessica was in all the press pictures and Kody Brown's family was on the other side.  The next raid could be about child labor laws, especially since the ladies mentioned they were working since they were kids (The FLDS got in trouble for having young kids help with some fruit picking). In the episode about rescuing the "Insider", they talked about picking up the "Insider" at Washakie, which is near the Idaho boarder, 1.5 hours north of Salt Lake. Here's the website   http://wrebiofuels.com/   There was a big deal about the bio fuel company a few years ago and it was a PR disaster. 

• Upvote 9

• 2 weeks later...

I just got caught up on watching all of the "After the Escape" episodes, and I was disheartened to hear that Vanna is pregnant. My first thought was, what the hell kind of man seeks out a woman who was entrenched in the FLDS culture all of her life, and barely knows anything about sex, let alone birth control?  And then try and talk her into an abortion when she gets pregnant, just... what a complete jerk...she's not gonna do a 180 in her values overnight just because she's not under FLDS control anymore! Collette was right when she told Vanna that its too similar to polygamy. Vanna is barely out of the cult and will be raising a child. Wasn't she the one that had pictures of Warren Jeffs up in their house even after they escaped? Poor Vanna...:my_sad:

Edited by TeamDefraudinSquad
  • Upvote 6

I read online that these children of incest,with severe deformities,are left to die.

I knew they have half siblings marry.John Daniel Kingston is married to one of his half sisters.

I knew about the uncle/niece marriages.

I never knew about the full sibling marriage.

I watched Escaping Polygamy.

I found it interesting,yet utterly appalling,and depressing.

No wonder some of these people have a high rate of suicide.It depressing watching it.I cannot imagine living it.

• Upvote 1

I remember watching escaping polygamy for the first time which featured the Kingstons and thinking,  how could they get on TV and expose their story? Why aren't the police doing anything about this? It baffles me that the federal government hasn't done anything yet. Many illegal activities are going in that hurt so many people.

• Upvote 4

I remember watching escaping polygamy for the first time which featured the Kingstons and thinking,  how could they get on TV and expose their story? Why aren't the police doing anything about this? It baffles me that the federal government hasn't done anything yet. Many illegal activities are going in that hurt so many people.

This is exactly how my wife and I fell right now. This is the first time we've ever heard about the kingstons and we're just sitting here, mind-boggled, that this is happening and nobody is doing anything about it.

When I heard the Browns sued the state of Utah and won (which got over turned) at first I was happy. I personally don't care if someone wants more than one spouse and then I watched this show and I was like, yeahhhh I don't think that's a good idea anymore.
  • Upvote 3

The Kingston group is not the same as the Brown's group (they're AUB, which isn't anywhere near perfect either, but the sibling marriage isn't a thing). I'm still in favor of legalizing polygamy, only because I feel like, if it wasn't illegal the women would have more access to help if they needed it. It's sort of like abortion. Making it Illegal doesn't prevent it from happening, it just makes it more dangerous. Also, I'm not a fan of the government being involved in marriage in the first place, so there's that.

• Upvote 14

Honestly, I'm not sure how I would react if I was Michelle. Here she met this great guy only to find out he's from a polygamist family. So many questions would run throw my head. And no matter how many times he's said he doesn't want that lifestyle, people can always change their minds. I'm not sure I wouldn't think about that all the time. That I have to run because he's thinking about getting into a relationship with others.

• 1 month later...

They are all related to each other. There were a number of Kingstons at the funeral for the flash flood victims. The statement plays it off like they're just saving the poor women that the evil government is evicting. The cat's already out of the bag about their polygamy, so it's no loss to look like they are rescuing these women and children.

• Upvote 2

Just now, DaisyD said:

They are all related to each other. There were a number of Kingstons at the funeral for the flash flood victims. The statement plays it off like they're just saving the poor women that the evil government is evicting. The cat's already out of the bag about their polygamy, so it's no loss to look like they are rescuing these women and children.

I don't know a lot about the specifics but they're both polygamous fundamentalist Mormon groups, so there might not be that much of a theological difference between the two groups. With Warren and Lyle out of the way, they may also be hoping to assimilate them into the Kingstons. More wives for everyone!

• Upvote 5

They're literally related. They split off the same group a while back. They're cousins.

• Upvote 3

On 15/5/2017 at 7:53 PM, DaisyD said:

They're literally related. They split off the same group a while back. They're cousins.

So there isn't even the good thing off some new genes if they are so connect. Sad on every level!

There could be enough generational difference to offer a bit of diversity, but I think the Kingstons look at the flds like backwards cousins. They may help them, but I doubt they'd marry them.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, DaisyD said:

There could be enough generational difference to offer a bit of diversity, but I think the Kingstons look at the flds like backwards cousins. They may help them, but I doubt they'd marry them.

18 hours ago, Italiangirl said:

So there isn't even the good thing off some new genes if they are so connect. Sad on every level!

I've been substitute teaching lately (I live in Utah) and every once in a while I will have a kid with the last name Jessop, which is a common FLDS last name. I'm kinda glad to see these kids are actually getting an education.

Edited by SHERA
  • Upvote 2