IGNORED

Boycott Target: No Men in womens bathroom group on facebook

19TrollsandCounting

Anita Staver is bragging about bringing her gun into the bathroom to protect herself.  Ms. Staver is President of Liberty Counsel (Kim Davis's legal team).  Here's the story from Raw Story.

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/04/christian-lawyer-says-shes-taking-glock-to-target-ladies-room-it-identifies-as-my-bodyguard/

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On April 21, 2016 at 8:35 AM, smittykins said:

I would if I could(no Targets in my immediate area, unfortunately).

Target.com!

Trans people have been using the bathrooms they identified with for years. Years! Nobody cared. 

Now these issues make it seem like Mr. Chester D Molester can put on a wig and hang out in the ladies' room leering at little kids. That behavior is still illegal. 

This is all about peeing in the area you legitimately feel you belong. That's it. Trans people aren't automatically perverts.  They're just people trying to pee and wash their hands without people asking whether they've got a penis or vagina.

13 hours ago, Toothfairy said:

Your kid is likely to be molested by your relatives than a stranger. Don't understand the outrage. 

People are so paranoid about strangers going after their children, but you are absolutely correct. The really attentive family member or close family friend or over-involved teacher is the more likely suspect. A stranger grabs a kid and assaults them in some way, the kid will run and tell. That is not how most pedophiles work. They groom victims, earn their trust and then manipulate them into not telling anyone what is happening. 

And don't get me started on how the profile of nearly every teacher caught molesting young children or raping teenagers is the exact profile people have of the perfectly wonderful dedicated martyr teacher. It is actually not good to spend all your time at school and school events and be heavily involved in your students' lives outside the classroom. It is a very bad sign. 

There are so few trans people in the world. The odds of running into a trans person using the same toilet as you is very low so I don't see why this is an issue. It seems like a diversion when there are many more serious things going on in the world. This is one that can be solved simply by people not being rude and obnoxious to other human beings. 

There actually are cases, quite a few, of perverts/pedophiles dressing up as women (or not even bothering to go that far) to enter women's bathrooms and assault/film/whatever women and girls. Men and boys have also been assaulted in public bathrooms. Hell, a teen girl was just murdered in a school bathroom -- by other girls. This is not at all a new phenomenon and certainly not related to Target. I had some links the other day but lost them in the process of trying to post and then couldn't be bothered to hunt them all up again because they really weren't pertinent to what I wanted to say. Because -- this isn't really about them. At the end of the day, to use a really tired expression, criminals don't follow laws. I find it funny as HELL that the exact same people who use that argument when insisting we don't need more gun laws are demanding potty laws. Hey, maybe start with taking rape and sexual assault a little more seriously. Maybe THAT would be a good place to start rather than further victimizing a marginalized group?!

One woman on FB -- not a friend of mine but a friend of a friend -- was saying that she was now going to have her husband join her in the bathroom so that he could stand guard with a gun. Oh, okay. Well, that makes me feel safe. Let me just say, I'd a million times prefer to share a bathroom with a transwoman, not caring what she's got going on in the below-skirt region, than a crazy-ass woman and her gun-toting husband looking for someone to shoot. I most definitely do NOT want to share a bathroom with those people.

I have no intention of boycotting Target or Target's bathrooms. I'm not afraid of transpeople. I'm more afraid of the pedophiles/abusers I know (or rather, don't know that I know). Those are the people who are better positioned to hurt us, and the quicker we realize that, the safer we will all be. 

My daughter and I went to Target today AND used the restroom there.  Much to my (not) surprise, I was not fondled or otherwise harassed, nor was my sweet 4 year old.  I did, however, pick up a new dress on clearance to wear to my niece's 1st Communion on Sunday, and my kid got an awesome glitter unicorn shirt for $3.  Quite the successful trip to Target I'll say.

This covers the story of a guy who definitely picked the wrong place to pee:

I was going to create a thread for this, but since this post seems to be the coverall for this stupid law, i will post it here.

A butch lesbian was forcibly removed from a women's bathroom after refusing to prove her identity. The police offers repeatedly referred to her as "sir" despite her and her friends stating that she is a woman. her friends filmed the incident and it has gone viral.

http://jezebel.com/police-refuse-to-believe-lesbian-is-a-woman-force-her-1773733431

These bills, while specifically targeting trans men and women, also target men and women who do not conform to gender stereotypes. What is next? Must all individuals who are assigned female at birth wear skirts in order to enter the bathroom so as not to confuse police and "concerned citizens"?

And of course what these people forget is that one Senator Larry Tappy Toes McWidestance Craig was caught making a wide stance in a men's bathroom stall.  Not a female's bathroom.  I might have said this already but I'm more worried about men widetancing it in men's rooms while other Republicans play look out than a trans person using the bathroom that's associated with their gender identity. 

I just saw this on Facebook...

Excellent point.

1 hour ago, polecat said:

Meanwhile in St. Louis probably lots of other cities), this is going on in MEN'S bathrooms.

http://fox2now.com/2016/04/28/sex-busts-in-st-louis-park-bathrooms-lead-to-surprising-plea-deal/

Where's the outrage? I haven't seen it.

Yeah, these same transphobic people who are busy getting whipped up into a frenzy and spreading the outrage far and wide never seem to care all that much about stuff like this.

Lemme guess - these are all white dudes doing this so the prosecutors really don't care too much.  If these people weren't you'd probably see these same prosecutors moving heaven and earth to send these guys away for a real long time. 

And now that church is over I'm shopping at the ebil devil place.

c25236a85224ad4a28f753d5a788fa0e.jpg

And now of course the AG in Texas is getting in on the fun and wants Target's bathroom policies...

bizjournals.com/austin/news/2016/05/05/texas-top-attorney-warns-target-bathroom-policy.html

Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton has set his sights on Target Corp. over the store’s inclusive restroom policy. It is the latest indication that Texas’ top political leaders are willing to risk business over so-called “bathroom bills” that have sparked economic backlash in other states. It also comes after Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick said in April he would support a law in the 2017 legislative session to define who could and could not use gender-segregated bathrooms in Texas.

In a letter to Target CEO Brian Cornell that was published by Fox News, Paxton protested the store’s April 19 decision to allow its customers to use whichever bathroom or fitting room "corresponds with their gender identity.” Paxton said Target's policy could lead to “illegal or inappropriate activity" and that the Texas Legislature might take up the issue in the future.

In an interview with the Houston Chronicle, Paxton was non-committal about pursuing other companies with similar bathroom policies: "We're just going to see what happens on this one," he said.

“As chief lawyer and law enforcement officer for the State of Texas, I ask that you provide the full text of Target’s safety policies regarding the protection of women and children from those who would use the cover of Target’s restroom policy for nefarious purposes,” Paxton wrote.

Tell you what Mr. Douche Cannon AG: How about YOU provide YOUR office's policies on how the State of Texas handles Republican anti-gay politicians caught widestancing it in airport men's room stalls BEFORE you harrangue anyone else over their bathroom policies.

2 hours ago, 47of74 said:

And now of course the AG in Texas is getting in on the fun and wants Target's bathroom policies...

bizjournals.com/austin/news/2016/05/05/texas-top-attorney-warns-target-bathroom-policy.html

Tell you what Mr. Douche Cannon AG: How about YOU provide YOUR office's policies on how the State of Texas handles Republican anti-gay politicians caught widestancing it in airport men's room stalls BEFORE you harrangue anyone else over their bathroom policies.

But...but...ranting about trans people is such a good distraction from the fact that Paxton himself was indicted on felony securities fraud!

The other day I was at a sports training facility - incidentally - and the bathrooms there were unisex, with well-locking stalls.  No fuss required.

My Target has an excellent selection of cosmetics, bath and body products, and bras in my size. More bras for me then :D

I wanted to let everyone know that today I went to Target and had to go to the bathroom almost as soon as I walked in the door. I went into the bathroom. I walked into a stall. I used the bathroom. I washed my hands. I walked back out.

TADA!

No one asked to see my genitals, though. I was sorely disappointed. I was totally prepared to flash people. (Actually, no one was in there at all. Target bathrooms around here are always so nice and clean. Unlike Walmart bathrooms, which tend to be EW).

28 minutes ago, polecat said:

I wanted to let everyone know that today I went to Target and had to go to the bathroom almost as soon as I walked in the door. I went into the bathroom. I walked into a stall. I used the bathroom. I washed my hands. I walked back out.

TADA!

No one asked to see my genitals, though. I was sorely disappointed. I was totally prepared to flash people. (Actually, no one was in there at all. Target bathrooms around here are always so nice and clean. Unlike Walmart bathrooms, which tend to be EW).

If you want to see really nasty bathrooms, go to Staples.  Those are worse than the facilities at Wally World.  I've been in the restrooms at two different Staples here in Iowa and they were both nasty.  I only use the cans there if I really, really, really have to go.  Otherwise I hold it in until I get to my next destination.

49 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

If you want to see really nasty bathrooms, go to Staples.  Those are worse than the facilities at Wally World.  I've been in the restrooms at two different Staples here in Iowa and they were both nasty.  I only use the cans there if I really, really, really have to go.  Otherwise I hold it in until I get to my next destination.

I don' think I've ever been in a Staples. And I'm not sure I ever will now, lol. 

I like clean public potties. It's not like they're ever going to be pleasant to use, but at least if they're clean, it's a little less UNpleasant.

4 hours ago, 47of74 said:

You'd think that the way they overcharge, they could pay someone to clean up in there. The last time I went in, they told me they had the connector I needed for $29. This seemed like a lot, so I went home and googled. Several sites had the same thing for between $4 and $7.

23 hours ago, paganbaby said:

You'd think that the way they overcharge, they could pay someone to clean up in there. The last time I went in, they told me they had the connector I needed for $29. This seemed like a lot, so I went home and googled. Several sites had the same thing for between $4 and $7.

Yeah at work one time I think they paid $20 for USB extension cables from Staples that one could get from Amazon or other on line stores for not even 1/4 of that.

And now Fuck Commander head idiot Phil Robertson has opened his trap on this issue;

cnn.com/2016/05/10/entertainment/phil-robertson-duck-dynasty-transgender/index.html

Phil Robertson has "got a radical idea" on how to deal with the controversial transgender bathroom bill in North Carolina.

"Men should use the men's bathroom and women should use the women's bathroom," Robertson reportedly recently wrote. "Just because a man may 'feel' like a woman doesn't mean he should be able to share a bathroom with my daughter, or yours. That used to be called common sense. Now it's called bigoted."

According to The Hollywood Reporter, the conservative patriarch of A & E's "Duck Dynasty" franchise sent an email to conservatives this past weekend in conjunction with Citizens United, the organization behind the anti-Hillary Clinton documentary "Hillary: The Movie."

Robertson's email reportedly does not mention North Carolina specifically, but is seeking to raise funds for a "Speak Freely" campaign the reality star feels is needed.

facepalm4.gif

I have a really radical idea Phil.  That being how about you shut the fuck up for once in your life? 

Archived