IGNORED

Olivia of Fresh Modesty Engaged

0 kids n not countin

5 minutes ago, mallallory said:

Goodness I hope so.  I lived with my parents before getting married too, and I also had some "hope chest" stuff, but I still put a lot more than that on my registry.  As far as I can see she has no measuring implements, no cookware, very little bakeware, no serving pieces nor utensils, and I can't see her Corelle set or silverware.  Maybe bbb is glitching for me.  Then again, does her fiance live on his own already?  Maybe he has all this stuff. 

I think he might live on his own, because why else would he need 30 freezer meals? He might already have that stuff, since she was able to cook all those meals at his house. I saw rice on the table, so she probably had to measure at least some stuff. I'm going to go with him already having things.

• Upvote 2

I'm 99% sure that her wedding dress is going to be based on the blue lace dress she's rhapsodized about several times over the years. If is, it will look great on her. That blue stretch-lace dress really was nice.

As for beigegate, honestly, I don't see the issue. I don't like monochromatic color schemes myself, but it's practically impossible for a fundy girl of marriageable age to NOT have a pile of shit on stand-by for her inevitable life with a future headship. Registering for plain white and neutrals makes sense if you already have several unique throws, sheet sets, and quilts to liven things up. 

• Upvote 1

How is Olivia going to get by without taking 60,000 pictures of herself everyday? With Willa in another house, who will TAKE those precious snaps??

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

How is Olivia going to get by without taking 60,000 pictures of herself everyday? With Willa in another house, who will TAKE those precious snaps??

I think we have to assume that there will be no more pictures. After all, she can only use pictures that are taken from a slight decline, featuring her in mid-twirl or with a practiced head-tilt, that were staged on their back deck. #FreshPedantry

• Upvote 4

16 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Um, easy! She said on instagram that Calvin has been taking most of her outfit photos the last few months!

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Kitcae said:

Um, easy! She said on instagram that Calvin has been taking most of her outfit photos the last few months!

Oh. Lord. I need to go unroll my eyes from the back of my head.

• Upvote 8

• 2 weeks later...

Her latest instagram post says she's working on her wedding dress....you can see scraps on the floor! I spy some lace and tulle!

On 7/1/2016 at 11:19 AM, princessmahina said:

I think he might live on his own, because why else would he need 30 freezer meals? He might already have that stuff, since she was able to cook all those meals at his house. I saw rice on the table, so she probably had to measure at least some stuff. I'm going to go with him already having things.

She also mentions that she's already had one shower so she has gotten some things already.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.caliviawedding.com/

don't know if anyone has seen this, but i just came across it today.

They've got the wedding website up, along with an "Our Story" section.

Nothing much to snark on, Olivia seems very excited, very ready to be married to Calvin.
I know she's pretty extreme in her beliefs and all that, but i applaud her business initiative with her FreshModesty clothing, her book on how to sew, teaching other girls, etc.

Shows she has more brains and is more capable than the Duggar girls ever were/are allowed to be. 

It's like Erin Bates with the piano teaching, I know they are steeped in the Kool-Aid, but i am happy for them (olivia/erin) that they've found something that sets them apart from the other SAHDs who have no idea how to do anything independently.
At least Olivia did something with her time before she was engaged! instead of sitting around waiting for Daddy to pick her a husband.

Just my two cents, again, i know that all of this is relative, given their extreme beliefs.

• Upvote 4

Having followed the Maxwells for so long, I'm dissatisfied with their "our story" page. He says she likes coffee, but HOW DOES SHE TAKE IT?? Black? Cream? Sugar? Butter? 

Without this knowledge, it just feels incomplete.

• Upvote 7

This is the first time I'm hearing about this Olivia and I'm reading through her social media stuff and her latest instagram is about a dress she's throwing away because "it's not a favorite of Calvin's and the zipper is breaking. " :/

• Upvote 4

"Our story" shows a slight drift from the usual Gothardite formula - not surprising because she's a VF Botkin admirer type.  Knives in her modest fashion boots and concealed carry gun in her little fashionable holster.  Because she could be attacked at any time even as a SAHD.

His first gift to her was ... ammo.  How utterly romantic.  I swoon.  

No, actually I :puke-right:

• Upvote 6

11 minutes ago, habert said:

This is the first time I'm hearing about this Olivia and I'm reading through her social media stuff and her latest instagram is about a dress she's throwing away because "it's not a favorite of Calvin's and the zipper is breaking. " :/

Meh. The way the post reads is no big deal to me. Trying to decide whether to keep an old dress with a broken zipper. Husband says, "it's not my favorite." Decision made. 

• Upvote 6

The registry is pretty much as dull as dishwater with a ton of beige stuff. The only exception is that they are asking for a cocktail shaker and double jigger. :margarita:

• Upvote 2

Oh man. That our story page is written in such a weird format.

How has no one commented on the photo of her hand at the end? Holy crap those veins look HUGE!!

"Our story" shows a slight drift from the usual Gothardite formula - not surprising because she's a VF Botkin admirer type.  Knives in her modest fashion boots and concealed carry gun in her little fashionable holster.  Because she could be attacked at any time even as a SAHD.

His first gift to her was ... ammo.  How utterly romantic.  I swoon.  

No, actually I :puke-right:

She created a tank top holster for herself. That's something else. She does appear to have incredible sewing skills (bridesmaid dress swoon) but a tank top holster is certainly...something.

Tangentially related, but I noticed Hope Pennington commented on one of her photos. That was interesting, as I thought they're largely off social media except Lisa.

https://www.instagram.com/hope_pennington/

Hope Pennington is "Nerdy Author", big into sci-fi and fantasy novels, she's writing several herself, loves Doctor Who, and so on.

She recently moved out to live with her friend a few weeks ago... this was following her SOLO trip to VidCon in Cali, Lisa is loosening the reins!!!! she has a Youtube channel up too, videos about movie making and writing and her (self proclaimed) nerdiness.

wow, i really need to get out more, i thought everyone knew about this!

as for Alecia (Faith), she isn't on Instagram as much as Hope, posting pics once in a while, and not much detail about her life, probably prefers it that way given what she went through to get it!!! lol

• Upvote 1

I liked this line in their "our story":

He thought it was impressive she was actively pursuing something she enjoyed doing with fashion and clothing.

I hope this means she'll keep up her business etc after marriage - and he gets points for picking places to take her to that she's actually interested in....  But even though she tells the story well, the Courting stuff kept screaming off the page at me and really taking me aback - like, relatively normal, that sounds cute, WHAT??

• Upvote 2

All the older Pennington kids are on Facebook, and have been for years. Grace, Hope, and Faith no longer live at home. Grace with parents' approval, Faith without, don't know about Hope. Grace does have a Christian boyfriend, though, and has posted pictures in the past of herself wearing pants. I don't think Lisa and James have a lot of control anymore. All the kids that have left home seem to be moving towards mainstream Christianity. There are fewer and fewer mentions of fundie ideology on their social media accounts.

• Upvote 2

On 7/26/2016 at 5:14 PM, habert said:

I know the context is different because Olivia's fundie, but that doesn't bother me too badly.

My fiance and I tend to ask one another's thoughts about clothes. If he doesn't like something I won't buy it or wear it out and vise versa. It's sort of the norm in long term relationships. 

• Upvote 1

On 7/27/2016 at 8:40 PM, 16strong said:

All the older Pennington kids are on Facebook, and have been for years. Grace, Hope, and Faith no longer live at home. Grace with parents' approval, Faith without, don't know about Hope. Grace does have a Christian boyfriend, though, and has posted pictures in the past of herself wearing pants. I don't think Lisa and James have a lot of control anymore. All the kids that have left home seem to be moving towards mainstream Christianity. There are fewer and fewer mentions of fundie ideology on their social media accounts.

Say whaaaat? I didn't realize that about Grace and Hope. When did all of that happen? Time to catch up on the Penningtentiary. Anybody have a recent link?

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, JillyO said:

Say whaaaat? I didn't realize that about Grace and Hope. When did all of that happen? Time to catch up on the Penningtentiary. Anybody have a recent link?

Lisa still has her instagram, posts stuff about her oils, and sometimes pics of the kids and such.

Alecia (Faith) is @aleciafaithh

Hope is @hope_pennington

the oldest girl, Grace, lives in Dallas now @jgracetheauthor

I find Hope is the most entertaining to follow, she posts the most often, is always really upbeat and positive, and embraces her self-titled "nerdiness" in a really uplifting, albeit naive and immature way. She seems a bit behind for a 22 year old woman, more like a 16-17 year old girl still, but it;s not her fault. Being couped up at the Pennington compound with Lisa all these years will do that to you!

Glad she moved out, her roommate seems to be a "Youtuber" as well, and she seems to be having fun, so good on her.

and not forgetting Patience, the photographer.

@patiencepennington

She writes poems about being in love with her Lord, and takes a bunch of beautiful photos.

With all the bright and pretty colors Fiesta makes, she picks only white and black. I have all the colors since my engagement, and it makes me sad that she's missing out on some color fun. :/

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Well, they're married now. That website linked upthread mentions Friday August 19th. Will we see a baby next May? Hmm....

• Upvote 1