IGNORED

Olivia of Fresh Modesty Engaged

0 kids n not countin

I'm a little embarrassed to admit that I love looking through her outfit posts. I hate the thought of more children being born into the lifestyle, but a small part of me is excited for maternity posts. :pb_sad:

• Upvote 3

The part about her continuing to blog made me sad, bc she's only doing it bc her husband to be is "totally on board" with it. I can't even imagine feeling like I need to ask permission to blog. 

• Upvote 17

2 hours ago, princessmahina said:

I'm a little embarrassed to admit that I love looking through her outfit posts. I hate the thought of more children being born into the lifestyle, but a small part of me is excited for maternity posts. :pb_sad:

That's okay, I like looking through her outfit posts too! We can both look forward to maternity posts! :pb_lol:

• Upvote 3

53 minutes ago, erunerune said:

of course he is named CALVIN.

2016-05-12 12_27_26-calvin and hobbes - Google Search.png

• Upvote 30

I'm surprised by the lack of sleeves. These folks usually don't go sleeveless.

• Upvote 2

Their "story" is pretty interesting. She apparently met him in passing a few years ago, but he didn't remember meeting her (ouch). Then he contacted her on FB this past November (!!) and now they're engaged, and she's planning on moving to Georgia to be with him. 

I know most fundies don't consider divorce an option, so you'd think they'd spend more time getting to know one another before committing for life. I know that in some cases, people say they knew it from the get-go. But most people always have the nuclear option of divorce if things should go awry. Yikes.  

• Upvote 10

5 hours ago, picklepizzas said:

The part about her continuing to blog made me sad, bc she's only doing it bc her husband to be is "totally on board" with it. I can't even imagine feeling like I need to ask permission to blog. 

She didn't exactly say that.  She said he was on board with it,  not that she only was continuing because of that.  

Anyway I'm happy for her.  She's always struck me as bright and creative,  and I hope this one works out. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Ok, time to fess up... was this one of you guys in her comments section?

Congratulations! I know this is silly but please tell me modesty is important to him and you won't be changing?! Like I said I know I'm being silly,I've just had many of my friends change once they get married and I love when couples hold the standard of modesty. (Wich is so hard in this day and time)

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Dreadcrumbs said:

Olivia has been going sleeveless for a while now actually! I think the first time she posted photos of herself wearing a sleeveless dress was in August 2014. Sleeveless Dress Post

And, a few months before that sleeveless dress post she wrote an Q+A that said "I don't wear sleeveless except occasionally around the house." I suppose standards can change? Clothing Q+A

Edited by Kitcae

How old is she? She seems very young, but if she's been travelling solo for business, she can't be THAT young?!

46 minutes ago, JillyO said:

How old is she? She seems very young, but if she's been travelling solo for business, she can't be THAT young?!

Olivia is 23. Her birthday is October 19th.

• Upvote 6

35 minutes ago, SolomonFundy said:

Olivia is 23. Her birthday is October 19th.

Thanks! Well, that's not so bad as far as fundies go.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Dreadcrumbs said:

She's also wearing pants in the engagement pics.

15 hours ago, Dreadcrumbs said:

She is not IFB. She is Vision Forum-style and the standards are not the same. She is also not 100% skirts-only but will wear pants as long as her shirt covers her modestly.

Not all fundies are skirts-only.

It is all right there to read in her blog.

Edited by nelliebelle1197
  • Upvote 6

Olivia is definitely Vision Forum type and has connections with Western Conservatory - Botkin alert!

Is she still dressing to conceal carry her fashionable little firearm as she does minor errands and picks up her Dad from the airport?  I think she bought her cute holster from the Botkins at T Rex Arms and had a special belt custom made for it.

I went right off her when she started that stuff.  MMV.  

• Upvote 6

5 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

@Palimpsest Didn't her family move to TN to be close to the Botkins?

I can't remember.  She definitely hangs out with the Botkinettes though.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

I can't remember.  She definitely hangs out with the Botkinettes though.

Oh I bet those two are just thrilled for her.

• Upvote 7

21 hours ago, defraudingjezebel said:

Their "story" is pretty interesting. She apparently met him in passing a few years ago, but he didn't remember meeting her (ouch). Then he contacted her on FB this past November (!!) and now they're engaged, and she's planning on moving to Georgia to be with him. 

Well, my now-girlfriend's first memory of me was that I had unfollowed her on Twitter. Apparently she didn't remember me following her, and I certainly don't remember either following or unfollowing her :P and we ended up first really interacting on Facebook through a serendipitous connection with a mutual friend, so I guess it happens, even when the first impression is negative haha!

This line made me giggle: "Shocked and confused that this guy who I knew for a fact was very intentional about NOT flirting with girls was talking to me so casually..." Oh, so talking casually is flirting? Haha.

I'm glad she seems happy, I know my sisters used to follow her blog a bit. And pants in the engagement photos? Color me impressed! I'll admit a 3-month engagement, especially after having only known each other since November, is a little worrisome, but if they're happy, I'm happy for them, and glad that she's growing out of some things like the anti-pants brigade.

• Upvote 5

7 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

She is not IFB. She is Vision Forum-style and the standards are not the same. She is also not 100% skirts-only but will wear pants as long as her shirt covers her modestly.

Not all fundies are skirts-only.

It is all right there to read in her blog.

I didn't know about all that. I know not all fundies are skirts only, but it seems like the ones that emphasize modesty almost always are.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dreadcrumbs said:

I didn't know about all that. I know not all fundies are skirts only, but it seems like the ones that emphasize modesty almost always are.

But not necessarily. Caroline from The Modest Mom also wears pants, but in a modest way- fairly loose with the backside covered by a long shirt. I have a feeling the Duggars will eventually move that way if they haven't already in private. 

And if talking casually means flirting...yikes. I must have about 100 significant others of both sexes. 

Edited by princessmahina
  • Upvote 5