IGNORED

Outdaughtered

JMO

Anyone have more information on this family?  From their posts they appear conservative Christian.  Anyone?  Anyone?

According to several news sources, the family attends Clear Creek Community Church in League City, nondenominational.

They had one daughter, and then had the quints, who are the only surviving all girls quintuplets born in country. They underwent fertility treatments with both pregnancy. 

They also have a gofundme page.

TLC family gold

A TLC show about a family with a lot of kids. That's going to end well. I mean look at how well that's worked out in the past. Oh wait. . . 

In most of the photos, all the babies are dressed exactly alike. Is there ever a concern that they won't be able to tell who's who? Maybe it's a stupid question, but that's all I could think of. That, and how much I hate those huge floral headbands, which have to be choking hazards.

28 minutes ago, Cleopatra7 said:

In most of the photos, all the babies are dressed exactly alike. Is there ever a concern that they won't be able to tell who's who? 

Do you mean that the parents won't be able to tell? Or other people?

I have a friend with identical twins and she insists that they just look different to her and that she never gets them mixed up. 

I don't like it when people dress their multiples identical clothing all the time. Why can't they let them be individuals. 

9 hours ago, Cleopatra7 said:

In most of the photos, all the babies are dressed exactly alike. Is there ever a concern that they won't be able to tell who's who? Maybe it's a stupid question, but that's all I could think of. That, and how much I hate those huge floral headbands, which have to be choking hazards.

Those headbands are how I determine how religious people are. Kind of like the saying "the higher the hair, the closer to god", instead it's "the bigger the flower, the closer to god". All of the Duggar girls had ginormous flowered headbands as babies, Alyssa Bates daughter wears headbands with ginormous flowers. Granted they probably do it, do establish traditional gender whathaveyous, because god forbid, someone mistakes their daughter for a boy, when they are all of 9 weeks old.

10 hours ago, RoseWilder said:

Do you mean that the parents won't be able to tell? Or other people?

I have a friend with identical twins and she insists that they just look different to her and that she never gets them mixed up. 

I don't like it when people dress their multiples identical clothing all the time. Why can't they let them be individuals. 

I mean the parents. There was a scene in the comic strip "Baby Blues" where the main family meets this woman who has identical twin boys who are dressed alike and named alike (Wendall John and Wendall Jon). The twin mom insisted that she could tell them apart through the hats they were wearing or something like that, but a little girl switches the hats and the mom never notices. In my mind, I was imagining the older daughter switching the headbands and the parents not noticing, thus causing one of more quaint to go through life with the wrong name.

1 hour ago, SnazzyNazzy said:

Those headbands are how I determine how religious people are. Kind of like the saying "the higher the hair, the closer to god", instead it's "the bigger the flower, the closer to god". All of the Duggar girls had ginormous flowered headbands as babies, Alyssa Bates daughter wears headbands with ginormous flowers. Granted they probably do it, do establish traditional gender whathaveyous, because god forbid, someone mistakes their daughter for a boy, when they are all of 9 weeks old.

"The bigger the flowered headband, the closer to God" should be  a post count.

1) @Cleopatra7  - I LOLed at your post count idea

2) Twins - I coached twin girls in gymnastics for years. I can tell them apart from behind. The longer you are with them, the easier it is to tell them apart. 

I followed the family on Instagram for a while before they started filming for TLC. When they announced they'd got a show I stopped following them, I don't remember why. I'd forgotten all about them until I saw the promo with the "only surviving female quints" thing and I thought no, I'm sure I followed someone with all girl quints. Then I saw the names and put it together (I can be really slow). I don't remember how I got to them, but I remember them being pretty religious.

1 hour ago, just...sare said:

I followed the family on Instagram for a while before they started filming for TLC. When they announced they'd got a show I stopped following them, I don't remember why. I'd forgotten all about them until I saw the promo with the "only surviving female quints" thing and I thought no, I'm sure I followed someone with all girl quints. Then I saw the names and put it together (I can be really slow). I don't remember how I got to them, but I remember them being pretty religious.

The Dionne quints (all girls) of Canada were the first quints to survive to adulthood. I think these girls must be the first all girl American quints. The Dionnes had a very tragic life, marked by exploitation (they were exhibited in a tacky theme park called Quintland by the Canadian government until they were nine, ostensibly to ensure their welfare), abuse, resentment from other siblings, and difficulty in adapting to the outside world. I see we haven't learned anything from the Dionnes, since multiples keep appearing on TV for mass amusement. 

The pastor at the fundy-lite church I attended had identical twin girls, and he said he could tell them apart by their voices(as well as subtle physical differences ).  Even though they never dressed alike, the only way I could tell them apart was when they got glasses; they had different types.

1 hour ago, just...sare said:

The only surviving all female quints thing gets me too. Has no one heard of the Dionne Quintuplets? I mean they were indentical all female quints. 

http://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.ca/en/article/dionne-quintuplets/

6 minutes ago, Cleopatra7 said:

The Dionne quints (all girls) of Canada were the first quints to survive to adulthood. I think these girls must be the first all girl American quints. The Dionnes had a very tragic life, marked by exploitation (they were exhibited in a tacky theme park called Quintland by the Canadian government until they were nine, ostensibly to ensure their welfare), abuse, resentment from other siblings, and difficulty in adapting to the outside world. I see we haven't learned anything from the Dionnes, since multiples keep appearing on TV for mass amusement. 

According to a CBC article from a couple years ago, only Cecile and Annette are still alive, 

1 hour ago, Cleopatra7 said:

No, clearly no one has learned from the past when it comes to TLC.

I actually live not far from where the Dionne Quintuplets' were born. I'm pretty sure they are specifying that they're the first American all-girl quints to survive, without ever actually naming the Dionnes to avoid the association.

58 minutes ago, devoe364 said:

The only surviving all female quints thing gets me too. Has no one heard of the Dionne Quintuplets? I mean they were indentical all female quints. 

http://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.ca/en/article/dionne-quintuplets/

According to a CBC article from a couple years ago, only Cecile and Annette are still alive, 

It's so sad.

Blayke. That is all. Oh, and the mother's name is Michelle. Between the show and go fund me, they should do OK. I don't recall the parents' occupations.

The dad sounded like he has a good job I can't remember what. I wish them the best, this is a lot of stress no matter how you look at it. 

2 hours ago, smittykins said:

The pastor at the fundy-lite church I attended had identical twin girls, and he said he could tell them apart by their voices(as well as subtle physical differences ).  Even though they never dressed alike, the only way I could tell them apart was when they got glasses; they had different types.

My friend with identical twin girls put a purple mark on the bottom of one of their feet until they were old enough to have a personality.  She was terrified she'd mix them up.

• 3 weeks later...

I watched a few episodes. They seem overwhelmed (who wouldn't be?!) Michelle's mother seems to have a great heart and brings some drama (TLC probably loves this, if not dictates this)

The show seems very scripted. I kind of feel bad for Blayke - both for her name (ha!), 5 little sisters and now a reality show.  

I hope this isn't a Jon&Kate situation waiting to happen.

The Dionne quints weren't all identical. I believe they were a set of triplets and a set of twins. 

Good grief.

Why even make a pretense of having the channel be called The Learning Channel anymore?

Change it to The Litter Channel and be done with it, since it seems their biggest interest is in shows with families with eleventy-hundred kids.

Watching a show that features babies wouldn't be very interesting. I can see it now: How do they change so many diapers? How do they make so many bottles? How do they handle dinnertime? Nap time?

Same shit, different family.

Maybe when they're older and have more fully-developed personalities it could be interesting. Until then, another snooze fest.

ETA: I do like the name "Hazel," though. The rest of the quints seem to have names that are done to death now.

5 minutes ago, EyeQueue said:

Change it to The Litter Channel and be done with it

You are on to something here........

Archived