IGNORED

Arranged Season 2 - merged

xCourtneyx

Any Arranged watchers out there? Season 2 begins tonight at 9pm on FYI. There is also a mini series coming on at 8:45 pm featuring the season 1 couples.

I missed it too. My OnDemand choices are limited since Verizon sold their services to Frontier.

This season is more contrived than the last. I'm not rooting for any of the couples. Meeting at work, through brothers or friends, does not constitute being arranged. :my_dodgy: 

Agreed, the "arrangements" are tenuous at best. However, I do find the couples interesting overall. The Texas couple (and I am tx born and bred so I am annoyed by the cowboy shtick) ....wow, what a bitch the MIL is. I can only hope she's just playing up for the camera.  But who invites their future MIL to their Bachelorette party??

The Jewish couple interests me the most since I've been reading a lot about (ultra) orthodoxy lately. The struggle the girl is having with covering her hair is very believable and they are really a cute couple.

Having watched episode three, I am alreadyour beyond tired of the stages scenes. The only great part was the argument Vicki and Ben had at the shower, about her use of social media. Their exchange was so uncomfortable, you could tell it was not scripted.  And she handled it with much more grace than I could have! I'm enjoying that we are seeing not just their transition to being a couple but her adjustment to living a more orthodox lifestyle.

The TX MIL and what she said about the bride's mother's outfit at the wedding! That was really one of the rudest things I've heard.

On 5/30/2016 at 1:46 AM, Geechee Girl said:

Ben gets a lot worse. Did you see the double date, @Chicken bones ?

Yes. Ugh. You can tell he's never had a relationship before. Granted I hate when people I with mess around on their phones when I am on an outing/date/lunch with them.,but there's a diplomatic way to handle it.

His parents don't seem super orthodox...his mom wasn't wearing a wig or headcovering.

Is anyone else watching the second season of Arranged on FYI? I'm very disappointed so far. None of the couples was truly arranged.

The Jewish couple... Oy vey! Ben is a total ass. He needs to grow up before he gets married. I want to take Vicki to the doctor and get her deviated septum fixed stat. 

Taylor and David ... Omg if he's that far up his Mother's ass, why did Taylor ever marry him? Also, she doesn't have a job and they are living in a pop-up trailer. Hello, John and Esther  Shrader minus the eleventy kids. Why get married if you don't have a proper place to live? An apartment or someone's basement is better than a pop-up trailer.

Maneka and Mayur.... She needs to get rid of the baggage from her divorce. Also, I think he's an asshole. 

Discuss....

I'm tired of Taylor and David. I guess they were supposed to bring the "drama" but I find them annoying. David's mother needs to get off her high horse when her son is by choice living in a trailer. I don't know anything about the Texas housing market but a 1 bdrm apt for grown married adults can't be that expensive

11 minutes ago, xCourtneyx said:

I'm tired of Taylor and David. I guess they were supposed to bring the "drama" but I find them annoying. David's mother needs to get off her high horse when her son is by choice living in a trailer. I don't know anything about the Texas housing market but a 1 bdrm apt for grown married adults can't be that expensive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not. Especially in Fort Worth (cheaper than Dallas). There are many many many suburban options as well.  Why the he'll isn't she working? She's not in school, I believe? The job market is very good in dfw for all sorts of things.

I haven't seen tonight's episode yet tho.

So it looks like Taylor is job hunting. But wow, David married his.mother, didn't he! The women are too similar,and both bitch as hell.  Just stay away from Melba and start a life together people. 

Manuka married a total dickhead. She designed some gorgeous gowns though.  They should so ooooh not work together. He's getting a wife, not a personal assistant, which is what I think he is expecting.

Ben is just young, I think.  And steeped in his koolaid. I hope as they make their way, I hope he can loosen up a little. What worried me the most was how he had no idea of how he was going to support his family!

Haha I totally think Taylor and Melba are exactly alike. I do think Taylor was far out of line calling his mom what she did. In the previews it looks like David wigs out that she gets a flight attendant job.

Agreed on Maneka and Mayur should not working together. I thought his refusal to dance at both that first party and then his wedding night was complete crap. 

I'm honestly most hopeful for Ben and Vicki. They seem naive and Ben is a little controlling but that seems par for the course for the grooms on this show.

I agree that none of these seem arranged which is really disappointing.

Ben and Vicki are interesting and I find the orthodox culture interesting to learn about even though I don't understand a lot of it (like the hair covering - when you're married your hair is only for your husband but it's cool to let everyone see if before then???).

Maneka needs to quit the real estate job to get some time away from Mayur. Agree that her dresses were gorgeous and she already partly owns the shop with her family so she can go do that full time or expand to another location or something.

Taylor and David drive me crazy. Southern is not a culture the way they are portraying it. It just comes off as red-neck. She got married and then complained about the living situation that she was well aware of prior to the wedding! It's not like something magically changed! Also, how do you apply for a job, go through the interview process and then get an offer all without telling your spouse?!?!

Seeing Vicki & Ben's wedding ceremony makes me want to go to a Jewish Wedding Ceremony. It's so different than any wedding I've ever attended. Are the ceremonies always so lively? I'm curious. This makes me wish I had taken more Religion classes in college. I was too busy with my Education classes (major) to squeeze in many electives. I graduated from a Baptist based college, but it was seriously very, very liberal and the Religion classes were very inclusive of multiple faiths. You would never have known it was a Baptist college unless you read the literature. 

Taylor and the house hunting... Wow. Does anyone have any knowledge on Taylor's educational background? Has she been to college? I'm curious because she said being a flight attendant is her dream job. Not that it's a bad thing, but it's just interesting. I'm glad she is excited about the job. 

Mayur and the lists... Oy with the lists already. Maneka reminds me of a fundie who is soooo sad to leave her family. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm watching episode 5 right now because we don't get FYI anymore and I had to find it online but OMG!

Taylor coming in the camper at the beginning and just repeating "I hate you." It's been her dream to be a flight attendant for the last 5 years and her husband has no idea about this? I know a flight attendant that doesn't live even close to where she is based so I'm confused by this. 

Mayur is a chauvinistic pig and how do people get married without discussing children?!?! They act like it's never been discussed before and while it might just be for the cameras, I don't understand it! And Maneka might be pregnant when they get back from their honeymoon means they were having sex before they got married (which doesn't matter to me and she's divorced so obviously not a virgin but is still surprising they all but admitted to it).

Do Orthodox Jews have to wear a kippah at all times? I found it odd that Ben had one on when they were at home making dinner but maybe that's just because the cameras were there? I did like that I learned why they break plates and glasses.

These couples. They annoy me so much. Ben and Vicki the least. Their problems are more age/lack of life experience more than anything.  Mayur is an ass. I am glad he's (at least for the camera) trying to fit in more time, but really. I was interested to hear his background d and motivations about money, but seriously, multiple multi-million $$ mansions aND Lambos as your benchmark for success in life? So shallow.

Taylor is awful. Seriously awful and immature. But get a job when she's only got a few weeks till training? Like any employer is going to jump on that. I do not see them lasting in a healthy relationship.

On 5/31/2016 at 9:00 PM, divadivine said:

Is anyone else watching the second season of Arranged on FYI? I'm very disappointed so far. None of the couples was truly arranged.

The Jewish couple... Oy vey! Ben is a total ass. He needs to grow up before he gets married. I want to take Vicki to the doctor and get her deviated septum fixed stat. 

Taylor and David ... Omg if he's that far up his Mother's ass, why did Taylor ever marry him? Also, she doesn't have a job and they are living in a pop-up trailer. Hello, John and Esther  Shrader minus the eleventy kids. Why get married if you don't have a proper place to live? An apartment or someone's basement is better than a pop-up trailer.

Maneka and Mayur.... She needs to get rid of the baggage from her divorce. Also, I think he's an asshole. 

Discuss....

Not to start anything but I'm from Brooklyn and I can honestly tell you the way Vicki talks is just the way she talks. It's not a deviated septum. Most girls like her talk like that. I went to Touro. It sometimes gets worse!

Omfg Taylor spent 800 bucks on shoes. I don't want to hear this broad moan any more about "having to live in a trailer". She could have gotten decent quality shoes for WAY less. She is such an immature and irresponsible little cow.

Archived