IGNORED

The Marvel Cinematic Universe

CyborgKin

Any other fans of the MCU? Ant Man was a pretty fun watch.  And the latest -  Captain America 3: Civil War - came out a bit earlier here than in the USA, so I won't say anything except that I really enjoyed it a lot.

Avengers 2: Age of Ultron just seemed to have a few too many characters to properly flesh out though.  Ultron was a fun villain but he didn't really seem to last long enough for it to be called an 'age' :P

Love it! Just saw Civil War today, and really enjoyed it...though it was LONG.

#teamcap

• Upvote 2

I watched Agents of Shield which has gotten me into other stuff.  I'm currently playing catch up so I can see Civil War.  

Oh and I found this regarding an attempted/recommended order of movie and series watching. (which I'm in the middle of)

http://overmental.com/content/the-definitive-chronological-viewing-order-for-the-marvel-cinematic-universe-16866

• Upvote 1

I've seen that, and now I'm trying to figure out how to schedule a Marvelpalooza 4-day weekend. 

You know. For the kids. 

• Upvote 4

Does anyone else who has seen Captain America: Civil War think it was more like a mis-named Avengers film? I'm not familiar with the comics, but I realise it's a CA storyline. It just felt more like a Joss-Whedon-free Avengers film (and missed him, at that). That said, I loved it and thought the time really flew by, despite having finished my drink within the first hour.

ETA I'm also really, really excited for Doctor Strange now that I've seen the theatrical trailer!!!

Edited by just...sare
Benedict Cumberbatch...how could I forget you?
  • Upvote 3

Does anyone else who has seen Captain America: Civil War think it was more like a mis-named Avengers film? I'm not familiar with the comics, but I realise it's a CA storyline. It just felt more like a Joss-Whedon-free Avengers film (and missed him, at that). That said, I loved it and thought the time really flew by, despite having finished my drink within the first hour.

ETA I'm also really, really excited for Doctor Strange now that I've seen the theatrical trailer!!!

I said the exact same thing when I saw it too!! I think that's why it missed the mark for me, It didn't quite know whether it wanted to be an avengers film or a captain America one.

• Upvote 1

• 6 months later...

I really enjoyed Doctor Strange, and if you haven't seen it yet, you should splurge for 3D or even better, IMAX 3D. Before that, the other Marvel movies I enjoyed were Ant-Man and the first Captain America movie.

marvel.jpg

Edited by ADoyle90815
  • Upvote 2

On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 0:21 AM, ADoyle90815 said:

I really enjoyed Doctor Strange, and if you haven't seen it yet, you should splurge for 3D or even better, IMAX 3D. Before that, the other Marvel movies I enjoyed were Ant-Man and the first Captain America movie.

marvel.jpg

Anyone with half a brain realizes this. I always get a kick out of people that leave right as the movie ends (or just as the credits are rolling).

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, LadyCrow1313 said:

Anyone with half a brain realizes this. I always get a kick out of people that leave right as the movie ends (or just as the credits are rolling).

It's amazing how many people do leave the theater right as the credits start rolling. The reason I posted that meme is that I saw people doing that after Doctor Strange ended.

• Upvote 1

When I stay until the house lights come on, I get a kick out of seeing the theatre workers standing & (impatiently, I'm sure) waiting for us stragglers to leave. Too bad, I say. Movies aren't cheap nowadays (unless you go to a matinee or a discount theatre), so I try to get my money's worth.

I am such a slacker when it comes to movies lately; the last one I saw in the theatre was Deadpool (which was AWESOME). I'd love to see Dr. Strange & Fantastic Beasts.

Yes yes yes! Huge fan of the Marvel universe! I just saw Dr Strange on Wednesday. I need to go see it again ; I'll probably take my kiddo the next Friday he's off work. I also buy the bluray the first day. Prefer Xmen Quicksilver to Avengers Quicksilver.  Team Cap because Falcon! (My kids tease me unmercifully for that). Didn't like Deadpool but I don't like Ryan Reynolds so...Deadpool 2 is Daddy/Daughter date night. Guardians 2 will be Mama/Kiddo date night. Very very much looking forward to Thor 3-no, I am not trying to spell that title (head shaking). One last comment-please make a Falcon stand alone and hurry the @$!# with the Gambit movie!

• Upvote 1

• 5 months later...

Yeah Doctor Strange was pretty fun, and Civil War was a pretty good Avengers film, lol.

Saw Guardians of the Galaxy 2 yesterday.  I highly recommend it.  Even better than the first one!  A very colourful film, and never boring, IMHO.  I happened to see it at the same time as about a dozen mothers with babies, and they seemed to enjoy it too.  (The mothers, I mean.  The babies were all pretty quiet most of the time.)

Be sure to stay until the very end.  No, a little longer than that.  No, still not over yet...

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Civil War used an array of Earth based characters in the Marvel universe so the movie was limited to the ones Marvel Studios can use so basically ended up being The Avengers because opps we don't have rights to our own characters. 

tbh I'm kinda glad Marvel can't use mutants in the MCU because I don't really like the mutant-based storylines, and I've really enjoyed what Agents of SHIELD has done with Inhumans.

• Upvote 1

It was Fantastic Four characters that were missing X-Men mostly stayed out of Civil War.  Same with Logan it couldn't ever be the Old Man Logan comic because it's used more Marvel owned characters than not. At the end of the day I just love that it's Mark Millars stories both studios are choosing to adapt.

• 11 months later...

Now that it's been out for two weeks, does anyone wanna discuss Avengers: Infinity War??? Spoilery-opinions below!

Spoiler

As much as I really enjoyed the movie, I'm upset with how it basically shits all over the end of Thor: Ragnarok. I found Thor 3 to be one of Marvel's best movies (little overkill with the humor but all Marvel movies suffer from that), but the end was really sweet with Asgard being saved, and Thor really coming into his own and becoming King. Such a difference between Thor 1 and Thor 3, Thor has certainly had an impressive character arc. So I'm disappointed that IW has taken that away from us, and I'm hoping that the Time Stone will come back into play and reverse what's happened. I'd like it to go back far enough to save the people of Asgard (not necessarily Asgard itself). Of course, that would also mean Loki would be alive again, which would please me since he's one of my absolutely favourite Marvel characters. I worry they won't save him though because they gave him a noble death. 

On 11/18/2016 at 2:05 PM, LadyCrow1313 said:

When I stay until the house lights come on, I get a kick out of seeing the theatre workers standing & (impatiently, I'm sure) waiting for us stragglers to leave. Too bad, I say. Movies aren't cheap nowadays (unless you go to a matinee or a discount theatre), so I try to get my money's worth.

As someone who works part time at a movie theatre, I'm always one of those people waiting for everyone to leave! Unless it's super late and I'm super tired, I generally don't mind. People deserve to sit through the credits if they want, even if there is no scene at the end. And with Marvel, I'm always disappointed in the people who DON'T stay. 

Edited by viii
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Proud (sort of) to say that I'm still a movie slacker. It's been a while, so I think the last theatre movie I saw was Fantastic Beasts (which was amazing). I do want to see Deadpool 2, haven't seen Infinity Wars, & missed Black Panther.

Staying away from IW spoilers as much as possible, so thank you for your discretion, @viii  ;)

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/12/2019 at 11:47 AM, viii said:

Anyone see Captain Marvel?? it was amazing!! She's a badass. 

It was a fun movie, but I was overall underwhelmed. I thought the story was choppy and not fleshed out enough... it would have been better to give her a full movie a few years ago as an intro and cameo spots in some of the group movies to help establish her. She's supposed to be the next Big Thing and I feel like they didn't invest the time and energy into making her really really good. Not the worst movie Marvel has pumped out by far though, just very middle of the road for me. Theoretically she's an INCREDIBLY powerful character so I'm hoping they really amp her up going forward, showcase her powers more, integrate her with a team of some kind (doesn't have to be the avengers, just a team of her own), and really spend time on her overall. Brie Larson did a great job, and looks perfect for the role based on the most recent book series. 

Also hoping that having her + the Guardians means we're gonna get more deep space storylines in the future! Those are so fun. 

Also... has anyone else seen Endgame? We went last night!!!

• Upvote 1

Saw Endgame last weekend, and as a Cap fan, I was horribly disappointed. No way would Steve do that. No. Way.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/1/2019 at 4:00 PM, Talitha Cumi said:

Saw Endgame last weekend, and as a Cap fan, I was horribly disappointed. No way would Steve do that. No. Way.

That is the same thing my husband said.