IGNORED

Nathan (WAS) Courting Ashley (pt. 2)

SpoonfulOSugar

On 12 May 2016 at 7:07 PM, elliha said:

My baby wanted caramel cheesecake this morning... I usually crave relatively healthy things while pregnant but I guess the odd slice of cheesecake can be allowed sometimes. Congratulations!

Congratulations to @elliha and @VelociRapture on your babies.

I remember being told I only needed 1 extra slice of bread and an extra glass of milk a day to meet the baby's needs.

I hope you both had milk with your cake  :my_shy:

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Percy said:

Congratulations to @elliha and @VelociRapture on your babies.

I remember being told I only needed 1 extra slice of bread and an extra glass of milk a day to meet the baby's needs.

I hope you both had milk with your cake  :my_shy:

Haha, shocking mine was almost served with milk, milk with coffee (latte). I usually only have one coffee a day from a 4-5 cup a day habit so I often go for a latte to make me feel less sad for only having one. (My country says you are allowed 3 cups of coffee a day when many say none so I am within the recommeded dose, a latte counts as two cups)

I was a heavy coffee drinker until I become pregnant.  The smell would make me vomit, now a committed tea drinker 20 years later.

Does Ashley still work at her mom's daycare? I wonder how often she and Nathan get to see each other now. I know he mentioned at least once a month on the show

Wikipedia is saying that Nathan and Ashley are engaged. Maybe the whole courtship proposal thing was too confusing or maybe the anonymous people who update Wikipedia know something we don't know!

8 hours ago, 20thBates said:

Wikipedia is saying that Nathan and Ashley are engaged. Maybe the whole courtship proposal thing was too confusing or maybe the anonymous people who update Wikipedia know something we don't know!

A week before jill duggar annoounced her pregnancy someone edited to wikipedia to say she was "pregnet with first baby". Yep, riffles and all. I wouldn't believe it, but it's not crazy either

http://batesfamblog.blogspot.com/2016/05/updated-season-4-preview.html

Tough Decisions and Large Ambitions
June 30, 2016
Lawson travels to Nashville to make exciting new plans for his music career; Nathan shares some unexpected news.

I wonder if this pertains to Nathan and Ashley's relationship.  From the description, it does not seem like a positive thing.

10 minutes ago, 19 cats and counting said:

June 30, 2016
Lawson travels to Nashville to make exciting new plans for his music career; Nathan shares some unexpected news.

I wonder if this pertains to Nathan and Ashley's relationship.  From the description, it does not seem like a positive thing.

Engagement? If what the poster upthread said is true, and someone who is "in the know" edited the wiki page to say they were engaged... 

From the title "Tough Decisions and Large Ambitions" it sounds like the large ambition is Lawson's career.

I've never been engaged, but is that a tough decision?

ETA maybe the tough decision is that Nathan is moving to New York to be with Ashley.  That would be a twist of events.

44 minutes ago, 19 cats and counting said:

June 30, 2016

If this were some other family I'd say it was that Ashley's pregnant :pb_razz:. Seeing how this is the Bateses though I'm going with engagement. Not exactly "unexpected" but then again "unexpected news" sounds a lot more exciting than "completely predictable news."

How could engagement be unexpected news if they are courting?  Oh wait... I forgot they don't go to school....

4 minutes ago, QuiverDance said:

How could engagement be unexpected news if they are courting?  Oh wait... I forgot they don't go to school....

In Bates land (post Sarah Reith) doesn't a courtship pretty much guarantee he'll put a ring on it?  Nathan and Ashley were together for awhile befor they were officially courting right?

2 hours ago, TShirtsLongSkirts said:

June 30, 2016

Lawson travels to Nashville to buy new cowboy boots and talk to an actor playing a producer about his music career.  He will make a CD of more Gospel songs.

Nathan breaks the expected news that the tree service has finally folded due to neglect.   

The unexpected news is that he and Ashley plan to go to be Missionaries in the Philippines- just as soon as they get married and set up their very own 501(c)(3).  They need many donations for this new season of life.

13 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

The unexpected news is that he and Ashley plan to go to be Missionaries in the Philippines- just as soon as they get married and set up their very own 501(c)(3).  They need many donations for this new season of life.

Ashley is already one step ahead of you in the fundraising department, per her Instagram: www.classy.org/fundraise?fcid=683082

7 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Ashley is already one step ahead of you in the fundraising department, per her Instagram: www.classy.org/fundraise?fcid=683082

Support pizza for voluntourists  in India?  Yes, I'd missed that one.

Jesus wept.

6 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Support pizza for voluntourists  in India?  Yes, I'd missed that one.

Jesus wept.

But Palimpsest, don't you want the unwashed heathen masses of India to have access to Jesus-pizza?  The cuisine of India is so bland and  unhealthy and uninteresting, you know! : )

@HereticHick:laughing-rolling:  I was just inspired by you to make veggie curry with rice for dinner.

I just checked out that "mission." It seems to be one guy living in the town and running the café, and another young man in Haiti.  They convert children through giving them refreshments and T-shirts with the help of a few voluntourists.  They also fundraise because they "partner" with other legitimate organizations.  They give them bibles or build walls.  Or something.  

I was not moved to donate.

They aren't doing very well so far with the fundraising.  Ashley has raised $52.  She's going to have to up her grifting game if she wants to marry a Bates. :)

My predictions are: Nathan is probably going to propose to Ashley. He needs to come up with a super romantic plan. Lawson will have to choose between a music career that will make him more worldly or stay where he is and find IBLP approved work.

When are they going to announce Erin's pregnancy on the show? It's not like it's a big secret.

4 hours ago, RosyDaisy said:

My predictions are: Nathan is probably going to propose to Ashley. He needs to come up with a super romantic plan. Lawson will have to choose between a music career that will make him more worldly or stay where he is and find IBLP approved work.

When are they going to announce Erin's pregnancy on the show? It's not like it's a big secret.

Maybe that'll be discussed in the second episode?

4 hours ago, RosyDaisy said:

She announced to her family on "I Love you day" so probably that episode.  

13 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Classy, indeed.

Re Ashley grifting on Instagram--

If she's going to marry into the Bates family, she might as well use their fame to her advantage.  Or at least mentioned one of the Bates fan accounts that reposts everything.

Given that post, maybe she and Nathan will live overseas and that's Nathan's big decision.

I can also see him proposing on a mission trip.

On 5/18/2016 at 0:39 PM, 19 cats and counting said:

June 30, 2016

Lawson has decided a man cannot support a family as a wanna-be singer. Hes going back to "winda-washin'" so he can support his full quiver in a manly way.

Or he's becoming a rapper named LawLESSson

Or he's doing a a full-album cover of a Streisand album.

Or he's purposed to give up Cowboy hats and only wear ball caps.

Something like that. Otherwise, Ashley said NO.

Could Nathan possibly be moving out of the house for a job? Was he the one learning to fly?

• SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic

Archived