IGNORED

Bates Family Part 15 - Bumps, Births and Babies

samurai_sarah

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They tried Cousin Amy out as a country singer. I suppose they'll give Lawson a go and see if that sticks.  Paris Hilton tried to pop. Reality TV stars trying to be more serious...

I used to live in Nashville, and spent several years waiting tables there after I finished coolege. I knew a lot of aspiring musicians, and people like Lawson were a dime a dozen. Pretty to look at, decent-ish at singing-- but weren't willing to put in the legwork. And it's a lot of legwork. I only know one person who was remotely successful, and she went to every open mic night she could (at least 2-3 a week), played every dive in town, and hustled like hell on social media. Even then, it still took her years before she was making enough money off her music to stop waiting tables for a living. 

What Lawson probably doesn't realize is that there are dozens, if not hundreds, more aspiring singers where he came from, and many of them actually possess the dedication and work ethic to get their career somewhere. Not sure when he's going to give up and retire into reality mediocrity--probably when his family decides that his ongoing singleness is too unseemly and he gets recalled to East TN. 

Whitney wished her mom and MIL a happy Mother's Day on Instagram. I commented "and happy Mother's Day to your adoptive mom who took you in and loved you all those years" which lasted about 1 minute before being deleted.

1 hour ago, vienna said:

Can anyone tell me the story behind Whitney having biological parents as well as adoptive one´s?

I could be wrong. I think they died in an accident and she went into foster care.  

2 hours ago, NotALoserLikeYou said:

Whitney wished her mom and MIL a happy Mother's Day on Instagram. I commented "and happy Mother's Day to your adoptive mom who took you in and loved you all those years" which lasted about 1 minute before being deleted.

Usually when she refers to her mom, she means the one who adopted her I think...

It's a public Instagram, she's a public figure, she's the one who blogged her wedding with her "parents" and then presented a new set as her "parents" on tv. I can say what I want. I didn't insult the others.  She has every right to delete it, it's her Instagram. 

vienna, long story short, Whitney was put into foster care as a young teen after her parents physically abused her. She was "adopted" (don't know if that was a sentimental or legal term they used) by a couple. Lived with them for years. That couple were the ones at her wedding, who gave her away. Later she reconciled with her bio parents. The Bates encouraged it. Good for them. She doesn't talk to her adoptive parents anymore. The bio and adoptive parents don't get along so that's that.

No, it was her adopted parents daughter who died in a car accident. The mom in her pics and on the show is the bio mom. The adopted parents are on the pre-tv show blogs. 

That's fine just giving a thought for why it was deleted. It's a rude comment on a personal situation that has nothing to do with you. So I can see why she would delete it. We don't really know the story. If an Internet stranger commented for example why I wished my step father happy Father's Day instead of my biological father I would do more than delete the comment. Sure you have a right to comment and she has a right to celebrate Mother's Day as she chooses and to respond to rude behavior. Not defending the situation either, as I don't even know the situation and don't really care. 

43 minutes ago, NotALoserLikeYou said:

It's a public Instagram, she's a public figure, she's the one who blogged her wedding with her "parents" and then presented a new set as her "parents" on tv. I can say what I want. I didn't insult the others.  She has every right to delete it, it's her Instagram. 

vienna, long story short, Whitney was put into foster care as a young teen after her parents physically abused her. She was "adopted" (don't know if that was a sentimental or legal term they used) by a couple. Lived with them for years. That couple were the ones at her wedding, who gave her away. Later she reconciled with her bio parents. The Bates encouraged it. Good for them. She doesn't talk to her adoptive parents anymore. The bio and adoptive parents don't get along so that's that.

No, it was her adopted parents daughter who died in a car accident. The mom in her pics and on the show is the bio mom. The adopted parents are on the pre-tv show blogs. 

No, Whitney's adoptive parents did not die in the car accident. That happened years before she was married, and her adoptive father was one of the clergymen who performed her wedding ceremony. It was THEIR daughter, who was besties with Whitney as a teen, who died in the car accident. 

58 minutes ago, NotALoserLikeYou said:

vienna, long story short, Whitney was put into foster care as a young teen after her parents physically abused her. She was "adopted" (don't know if that was a sentimental or legal term they used) by a couple. Lived with them for years. That couple were the ones at her wedding, who gave her away. Later she reconciled with her bio parents. The Bates encouraged it. Good for them. She doesn't talk to her adoptive parents anymore. The bio and adoptive parents don't get along so that's that

Do we know what was done to her? Poor girl. 

Thanks for the answers so far.

And how old was she when she was taken from her biological Family? Did child protection services safe her? Will she not hava a better opinion about them (other then what fundis believe) if they took her from abusive parents?

56 minutes ago, marmalade said:

No, Whitney's adoptive parents did not die in the car accident. That happened years before she was married, and her adoptive father was one of the clergymen who performed her wedding ceremony. It was THEIR daughter, who was besties with Whitney as a teen, who died in the car accident. 

That's what I said, just with bad grammar lol

46 minutes ago, BeccaGrim said:

Do we know what was done to her? Poor girl. 

Not the details. Just one Internet posting (posted before she met Zach) about her that said "after the beating they gave her" and then another family member said they abused her all her life.

my mother was abusive and religious so I understand wanting your bio mom to love you, wanting to please them, appease them, "honor" them. It's obviously a complicated situation and her choice to reconcile with them. 

and if she wants to take a page from the Bates and now just present shiny, edited versions of herself to their "fans" so be it. 

It looks like it wasnt a legal adoption, but that she was friend with a girl that died, her father was a minister and she got involved in that church and he played a father figure(a little bit unhealthy to start wanting to "save" her daughters friend after she died, but surely he did with good intentions) when she was a troubled teenager with bad relationship with her bio parents, she ended moving with them and they tried to adopt her so the bio parents werent happy about this, i dont think there was physical abouse going on because then the justice would be involved maybe just a bad relation that ended in bad fights or maybe they really had issues like alcoholism or something, however it seems she reconciled with them and does love them. This family situations are complicated, and i dont think its right to tell her what she should do.

You'd think the Bates would be more involved with Whitney having a close relationship with her adoptive parents if they helped her find God or whatever.

Clearly all we know is the basic information so we can't exactly comment on it

For fear of sounding like a leg humper, I think it's rude to go and comment on her Instagram criticising who she dedicates her Mother's Day post to and I can't blame her for deleting it. She may be a public figure by virtue of being on her husband's family's D-List TV show, but the whole parents situation is pretty delicate and her personal business.

I think discussing it on FJ is different. If they see what we say here, they basically came looking for it and they have to reasonably expect people to discuss their lives on social media. But going and writing it in her IG comments is the virtual equivalent of walking up to someone's face and saying it. I just.....I don't like it. Especially not in this context.

I think it's important to add that, regardless of the situation, Whitney seems happy (which I massive considering she's married into the fundie lifestyle) and if not including certain people in her life has made her be that way, so be it.

Totally not relevant to the conversation but I was wondering where Zach and Whitney live? Are they close to the Bates? I was watching an episode of BUB on UPTV and their house looks massive!

5 hours ago, Ethdyl said:

Totally not relevant to the conversation but I was wondering where Zach and Whitney live? Are they close to the Bates? I was watching an episode of BUB on UPTV and their house looks massive!

I think they live near, but not next door.

I'm sorry for Whitney. I think it's healthy to forgive your abusers, but only when forgiveness helps you to put emotional distance. When forgiveness means you honor and express admiration for your abusers, that's absolutely wrong, because you are not getting free, you're still emotionally bonded to your abusers, so they still can abuse you.

Whitney seems sweet and seems to need a lot of love. I hope Zach is nice to her (as he seems to be). The problem with emotionally hurt people is that they easily find abusive partners. Really, really hope Zach respects her and both of them are gently parenting. When she expresses such admiration for her abusing bio parents and for her abusing in-laws, I feel for Bradley.

I feel Whitney feels "dirty" (always talking about her wrong choices, about not being good enough...). She's like Michelle accepting fundamentalism to be saved. It's a shame that young nice girls have such low self-steem.

I wonder if Whit's troubled past was one of the reasons that marrying into a 'loving' family like the Bates appealed to her.  

(I'm not sure how loving the Bates really are, but in her situation, I can see them looking like a model family).  

7 minutes ago, 19 cats and counting said:

I wonder if Whit's troubled past was one of the reasons that marrying into a 'loving' family like the Bates appealed to her.  

(I'm not sure how loving the Bates really are, but in her situation, I can see them looking like a model family).  

I think so. Plus I don't think Whitney wants to see the darkness on Bates parenting. I mean, they've been extremely poor, grifting, Gil not really working and they have trained/beat kids, plus Kelly is the opposite to a "real mom". I understand beeing kind to your in-laws, but expressing high admiration as Whit does... I see something wrong there.

22 hours ago, NotALoserLikeYou said:

I disagree with the previous posters who are telling you it's none of your business. I don't see anything wrong with what you said. She's choosing to exploit her personal life for a TV show, so people are going to have opinions about that life she's pimping out to the public. She sold her life to the highest bidder. You can't do that and expect nothing but praise. 

I'm adopted and would have deleted that comment as well. To me it's crossing a line. We don't know the relationship she has with her bio mother and maybe she feels closer to her now, but at the same time her adoptive parents should be given praise for raising her, but again we will never know the truth. If I were her I would have acknowledged all 3, that's just me, but, My opinion is that is was rude and deserved to be deleted. 

Alyssa posted a pic of Allie in her car seat and is getting ripped apart in the comments re: safety and the ATI cult. 

Shes actually responding and defending herself. Interesting 

image.png

12 minutes ago, BirthingGodsWarriors said:

Alyssa posted a pic of Allie in her car seat and is getting ripped apart in the comments re: safety and the ATI cult. 

Shes actually responding and defending herself. Interesting 

(snipped the photo)

You know when you're scrolling past a photo, and you kind of close your eyes a second and take a breath because you just know what you're going to see? Yeah, that. My thought process was "should that baby be forward facing already? Those straps are too high.... she's going to get crucified." And she is. She did comment that she would look into having the straps moved down, but mostly she's just calling people rude. (I scrolled through the last few comments but couldn't bear to read any more).

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived