IGNORED

Dress Code Poster Blames the Girls

Florita

Desert Ridge High dress code cartoon.jpg

This poster was put up in the library at Desert Ridge High School in Mesa, Arizona. The writing at the bottom was done by a student. Reads like one of Lori Alexander's flow charts.

I applaud the person who has graffitied this. Shame on the person who made the notice in the first place.

What about the BOYS tempting the girls?  

Well but perhaps he makes lousy grades because he's lazy or dumb or both. Perhaps his libido is underdeveloped so seeing hot girls is not enough to  motivate him to work harder so he'll earn more money, improve his social status,  and be better able to attract a wider variety of  females. Perhaps the teachers in this school suck.

I'm trying to imagine how this conversation would go ... 

Polecat Jr.: Mom, I failed my science test, but it wasn't actually my fault.

Polecat: What happened?

PJ: Well, see, what had HAPPENED was this girl in my class was wearing a tank top with visible bra straps. I got distracted.

Polecat: So ... why did you fail?

PJ: I just told you.
Polecat: You failed because of a bra strap? 

PJ: It was visible.

P: YOU SEE MY BRA STRAPS ALL THE TIME! Hell, you see my whole bras hanging over the shower rod to dry!!!!!!

PJ: That's true.

P: Do I need to start walking around in just a bra to make you immune to the damn things?!?
PJ: OH GOD, MOM, NO! I promise I'll study next time.

P: See that you do. And no more of this blaming someone else's bra straps bullshit or so help me, I'll traumatize the hell out of you with my own bras. Got it? 

PJ: Yes, mom. Sorry, mom.

P: Damn straight, you're sorry. Hell, I should make you apologize to that girl for creeping on her bra straps.

** I'm not quite that mean. But I'm totally the kind of smart-ass mom who would threaten to walk around in just a bra to annoy her kid. 

On 5/5/2016 at 9:13 AM, Florita said:

Desert Ridge High dress code cartoon.jpg

This poster was put up in the library at Desert Ridge High School in Mesa, Arizona. The writing at the bottom was done by a student. Reads like one of Lori Alexander's flow charts.

Not surprised this came from AZ, nor that within AZ it was from Mesa. Mesa is almost completely controlled by the LDS, so this lad is probably worried that his purity is being besieged by the dirty, dirty whores.

ETA: Here's an article from the local Phoenix metro news that talks about this issue: http://www.abc15.com/news/region-southeast-valley/mesa/does-dress-code-cartoon-at-desert-ridge-high-school-in-mesa-send-wrong-message-to-students

Check out this commenter. I hope to shit this is a joke, because if not....DAYUM!:

Spoiler

more proff as 2 why the gobermend shold force every ciritzen 2 wear identistcal gray jumpsuites coverisioning all the body. this is a nationwidal probe that shold be solved asap!!!

ETA2: The comment section is making me rage-y. There are several full-on red-pill-swallowing MRAs chiming in, and it's just disgusting.

You know, not too long ago, when I was in high school I did get that lecture that the rising rate of Ds and Fs in the male population at our school was correlated with the girls wearing spaghetti straps, short shorts, low cut shirts, other general violations of the dress code. It actually made me want to dress slutty

My revised steps:

1)So you come to school looking cute today

2)And all those guys see is meat, and they're distracted because they're immature fuckboys with no control over themselves

3)So they make lousy grades

4)Meanwhile, you're making As and looking cute doing it

5)So you get a scholarship into a good college while they flunk out of the community college because they didn't learn how to study with girls around

6)Meanwhile you get good job, and don't marry them because you don't fuck with losers

7)You win

#feminism

Plus the weird thing is, girls at my college come to class wearing crop tops, spaghetti straps, spandex shorts, etc all the damn time and if the boys tried to tell a professor "I flunked my class because I couldn't pay attention because of that hot girl" they'd get laughed at all the way to academic probation.

How about this poster:

"If your attention is so easily distracted that you forget to study if you see somebody cute, you can't have  a good job anyway. There's always somebody cute and you will fail in everything you try. "

• 2 weeks later...

This is why we still need feminism ... Not only is this controlling and sexist to women, but it's also pretty damn offensive to men. I know teenagers are randy raging balls of hormones, but I'm sure 99% of teenage boys would be able to overcome that to do well on tests, if they so desired.

Even if they were in the same room as *gasp* AN UNCOVERED BRA STRAP.

On 5/8/2016 at 11:40 AM, ShepherdontheRock said:

Plus the weird thing is, girls at my college come to class wearing crop tops, spaghetti straps, spandex shorts, etc all the damn time and if the boys tried to tell a professor "I flunked my class because I couldn't pay attention because of that hot girl" they'd get laughed at all the way to academic probation.

I also wonder how the admin expects these students to function in college. Female students in undergrad dressed a lot sexier and experimented with fashion a lot more than the girls at my high school. Also, good luck holding down a job in NYC, New Orleans, or God forbid, Miami, if you can't focus on your goals with any skin showing in your vicinity.

And have these people just never stepped foot on a beach?

Since when am I responsible for what someone else is looking at? Oh that's right, I forgot. Men by definition are stupid and weak and must be helped through life like little babies. (I hope that sarcasm is clear :my_biggrin:)

I get a little ragey with the variations of these signs that keep popping up. Teach your children (male and female) not to be selfish assholes who see other humans as any sort of "meat"!!

Most schools where I live have uniforms apart from PE while we were told no lo cut tops or short shorts for PE the rules applied to boys and girls and we were not taught women tempt men. I was at a Catholic school and even our religious education classes didn't spout this rubbish, we were told to respect ourselves not to feel pressured into sex

• 1 month later...
On 5/5/2016 at 5:53 PM, FloraKitty35 said:

What about the BOYS tempting the girls?  

Silly goose, good girls don't have urges!  The ones who say the do are the slutty slut sluts who show their bra straps and wear shorts above their knees!  They just like the attention dontcha know??  

This crap is probably one of the only reasons I'm ok with the polos and slacks dress code at my daughters school.  I wish like crazy they had open dress but at least the girls aren't getting harassed left and right about being comfortable in their own skin. :my_confused:

I think that's completely the wrong way of going about enforcing a dress code. Generally IMO having a dress code can be a good thing as it teaches students about appropriate dress in a work place etc. however having one for reasons of immature males is wrong. They could have easily saved themselves all this backlash if they'd gone about applying the dress code in a different way and for different reasons tbh.

Archived