IGNORED

Arndt Man Boys & Mary-Elizabeth living out their own unique stories

0 kids n not countin

I can't snark on these shots...they are gorgeous. I think Mark is the most talented, he seems to be credited with most of coolest shots they (and their clients) post. The underwater one is pretty recent.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, Suz8710 said:

I can't snark on these shots...they are gorgeous. I think Mark is the most talented, he seems to be credited with most of coolest shots they (and their clients) post. The underwater one is pretty recent.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Those are way better than Christopher Maxwell's work.

So yesterday John and Dad went for a drive (John seems to be the one most often chosen for "Meetings on Wheels".)

We have been talking about the things that God seems to be showing our family.  During our conversation, John has been taking words right out of my mouth, describing things exactly as I would have described them. 

Er, Rick.  That's not a conversation.  Your brainwashed son is simply parroting shit you've been saying to him for 30 odd years now.

Does he really not get this?  Or is he just proud of his accomplishment?

On 6/13/2016 at 11:03 AM, MatthewDuggar said:

He also mentions getting clear direction while driving.  

I read that at first as God acting as a kind of heavenly GPS!

If the children have normal intelligence they must know by now what daddy wants to hear. 

It seems like they are starting out pretty bad in this years softball season.  Either the businesses are pulling them away from all the fun or they've pretty much had enough. But, of course "Jesus"...

...our family team was forced to take the field with only nine players last night.  We were missing four of our most seasoned players, and were facing a pair of strong teams.  We dropped both contests, and might have slipped out of our second-place slot in the Friday night men’s league.  We have to take such losses in stride,  knowing that the real victory comes when we are simply loving others with the love of Jesus.

23 hours ago, JenniferJuniper said:

Er, Rick.  That's not a conversation.  Your brainwashed son is simply parroting shit you've been saying to him for 30 odd years now.

I'm voting for "proud of his accomplishment" of successfully brainwashing yet another kidult!

1 hour ago, MatthewDuggar said:

It seems like they are starting out pretty bad in this years softball season.  Either the businesses are pulling them away from all the fun or they've pretty much had enough. But, of course "Jesus"...

...our family team was forced to take the field with only nine players last night.  We were missing four of our most seasoned players, and were facing a pair of strong teams.  We dropped both contests, and might have slipped out of our second-place slot in the Friday night men’s league.  We have to take such losses in stride,  knowing that the real victory comes when we are simply loving others with the love of Jesus.

While they still have young players - and one not old enough yet to join until next season - some of those "seasoned players" are getting up there in years.  Rick himself is 60.  And beyond aches and pains, some of them as you point out are probably bored to death with endless double headers practically every night from April to October.

Rick can keep the boys down on the farm and make sure Vine Valley goes on forever but what will happen if losing loving on the softball field with Jesus eventually peters out?   Think of the sorts of things those 30 and eventually 40-somethings could get up to during those long summer nights if Satan takes hold!   I'm calling it now - mandatory Bingo in the basement every night.  

• 1 month later...

So Cathy and Rick had an anniversary meal at Red Lobster....

8:49 PM)  Cathy and I had a wonderful time at Red Lobster.  While there, we felt as if we were again in the Maine, a place that our family has visited many times.   We appreciate all parts of the state — the coast, the lakes region, and the northern pine wilderness.  (I am glad that Maine is featured in the Vine Valleymovie!)

I wonder if he's whisked away to the Italy when dining at the Olive Garden?  (has Rick ever left the country?)

And of course Maine is "featured" in VV.   I've been thinking about VV.  I wonder if the entire thing will be set in "nature" or if they will venture to a "big city" for some flashback type scenes.  That could take a decade.

Well, now we know why Mommy Arndt always wears the same blouse.  She makes them herself as apparently that style is hard to find these days.  From Dad's Diary:

Cathy has been creating some more blouses today.  I am impressed by it all; she has taught herself how to be an excellent seamstress.  She chose to make the tops because they (the blouses that she likes) do not seem to be easily available at stores or on-line.

:sewmachine:

1 hour ago, 0 kids n not countin said:

Well, now we know why Mommy Arndt always wears the same blouse.  She makes them herself as apparently that style is hard to find these days.  From Dad's Diary:

:sewmachine:

Is she also making the little white short shorts?  I haven't seen those atrocities around for a while either but perhaps they are available by catalog.

13 hours ago, MatthewDuggar said:

And of course Maine is "featured" in VV.   I've been thinking about VV.  I wonder if the entire thing will be set in "nature" or if they will venture to a "big city" for some flashback type scenes.  That could take a decade.

Does VV even have a plot?  Last time I looked it did not.

On 7/22/2016 at 6:29 AM, MatthewDuggar said:

8:49 PM)  Cathy and I had a wonderful time at Red Lobster.  While there, we felt as if we were again in the Maine, a place that our family has visited many times.   We appreciate all parts of the state — the coast, the lakes region, and the northern pine wilderness.  (I am glad that Maine is featured in the Vine Valleymovie!)

I wonder if he's whisked away to the Italy when dining at the Olive Garden?  (has Rick ever left the country?)

Typically weird post.  Not the Red Lobster-is-just-like-being-in-Maine wtf nonsense because he says that every they go there, but the "I am glad that Maine is featured in the Vine Valley movie!"

Rick, it's featured because you decided to drive to Maine with the entire family in tow and film there. It wasn't divine intervention or a magical fluke.  Exclamation point.

I've never heard Rick say he's been out of the country.  They've certainly been close to Canada many times and I'm pretty sure some of the boys have been to Mexico.  Come to think if it, the only people who seem to (very occasionally) fly are the manboys.   Maybe he or Cathy are afraid to fly. Or just afraid to miss the rapture because it will surely only happen in the United States.  

On 7/22/2016 at 11:29 AM, MatthewDuggar said:

All I can think is "when he fuck me good I take his ass to Red Lobster".

The Arndt's photography is pretty good - they should be working on their own films, not tied down to daddy-o's neverending vanity project.

On June 20, 2016 at 4:13 PM, JenniferJuniper said:

So yesterday John and Dad went for a drive (John seems to be the one most often chosen for "Meetings on Wheels".)

What does John do? I rarely hear him mentioned w/ the photography or IT stuff, I forget there is a John. Main court reporter?

1 hour ago, Suz8710 said:

What does John do? I rarely hear him mentioned w/ the photography or IT stuff, I forget there is a John. Main court reporter?

I think he's mainly a court reporter.  Maybe the primary one.

God this family just continues to blow my mind. These guys all have jobs that pay the bills, are in good shape,  are decent looking, and are fun loving if a bit dorky and awkward. You also don't see them selfie-ing it all over social media. IMO, their appeal level far surpasses that of the Duggars and the like. Yet these are the folks who are unmarried/no courtships. I know I've said some of this before, but I'm absolutely fascinated by people and group dynamics, - it's a large reason I jointed Free Jinger. 

Congrats to Rick & Cathy for working their voodoo magic, because it can't simply be a coincidence for all these guys (and gal) to still be single at home 'kids' . SAHKs?

On 7/23/2016 at 8:56 PM, Suz8710 said:

Congrats to Rick & Cathy for working their voodoo magic, because it can't simply be a coincidence for all these guys (and gal) to still be single at home 'kids' . SAHKs?

Stay-at-home-offspring?  SAHO?   They aren't kids and Mary spoils the Stay-at-Home-Sons thing.

Dad kindly posted a master bedroom birthday party photo for us the other day.  We haven't seen one in a while so it's good to know the tradition is alive and well.  So...."unique"...

Mark is 33 as of today or yesterday. Paul is 36 in September.

Where does he post? I just checked their website in "dad corner" or whatever and didn't see it.

17 hours ago, bertnee said:

Where does he post? I just checked their website in "dad corner" or whatever and didn't see it.

He posts photos on the main page, but his deep thoughts are in Dad's Diary, which you have to register for.   Here is the recent bedroom birthday party photo.  At least Peter is sitting on a chair.  One year he was given his cake whilst lying in the parental bed.

20160726_111836_resized.jpg

So why do they do this birthday shit in their parents' bedroom? Have they ever explained that? Is it because that's where they were conceived?

4 minutes ago, CrazyCatLady said:

So why do they do this birthday shit in their parents' bedroom? Have they ever explained that? Is it because that's where they were conceived?

I'm guessing it's a holdover from when they were very little and getting special one on one time with mom and dad was a big deal in such a large family. I can see a kid feeling special because he got to start the day with his parents in their room (which was probably typically off limits) opening presents and blowing out his candles. 

But after the mid teenage years, it's creepy. I cannot believe thirty something men submit themselves to this and Cathy and Rick don't realize they need to stop. I find most families don't need to have specific discussions about these things, practices just just naturally end when they become age inappropriate.

22 hours ago, nausicaa said:

I'm guessing it's a holdover from when they were very little and getting special one on one time with mom and dad was a big deal in such a large family. I can see a kid feeling special because he got to start the day with his parents in their room (which was probably typically off limits) opening presents and blowing out his candles. 

But after the mid teenage years, it's creepy. I cannot believe thirty something men submit themselves to this and Cathy and Rick don't realize they need to stop. I find most families don't need to have specific discussions about these things, practices just just naturally end when they become age inappropriate.

That is what fascinates me about this family, how do they never "age out" of this stuff? Usually children turn outward as they mature.

The softball thing may be something they really do enjoy, and you'd be surprised how well even older softball players can do. Co-ed teams are more popular than all men or all women leagues where I live. The oldest guy playing right now is somewhere around 60, and the young adults know to show some respect because he can out-softball any of the whippersnappers.

My husband just turned 40 and still loves playing. He's hit several in-the-park home runs this year! (Yep, I'm proud.) The outfielders are fast, so that's not easy to do. There are two players on his team who are older than he is. The rest are mid-2os, two are siblings. There are entire families, including some big Amish families, that play on some of the other teams. My oldest daughter is hoping to play on the same team as my husband next year.

Point being - depending on their community, family/adult softball may be one of their more normal features.

The Arndt men (I refuse to call them boys, because they aren't) and Mary Elizabeth aren't living out their "unique" stories. They never will. They've emotionally and socially crippled every one of their kids, and as a result, none of them will ever live out anything resembling a unique story. They're going to live out a stunted version of what their parents think their stories should be.

So much potential, all of it willfully wasted by the leeches they call parents. It genuinely sickens me.

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived