IGNORED

Arndt Man Boys & Mary-Elizabeth living out their own unique stories

0 kids n not countin

I think Rick always looks creepy.  A question about Mary-Elizabeth's ... um... fashion choices.  Anyone know if she chooses to dress and do her hair like a 12 year old or whether that's Rick and Cathy forcing that on her because they cannot come to terms with the fact she's grown?

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

I think Rick always looks creepy.  A question about Mary-Elizabeth's ... um... fashion choices.  Anyone know if she chooses to dress and do her hair like a 12 year old or whether that's Rick and Cathy forcing that on her because they cannot come to terms with the fact she's grown?

What is Mary-Elizabeth's actual age (as opposed to her Arndt age)?

20 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Not the best look for Rick, he looks awfully creepy. 

I was thinking maybe Vine Valley will include Little Red Riding Hood, since that's who Mary-Elizabeth looks like she's channeling, except in blue.

Oh, and Rick looks as creepy as usual.

3 hours ago, Howl said:

What is Mary-Elizabeth's actual age (as opposed to her Arndt age)?

14 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

Of course they can see that she's grown! She's grown into a lovely 12-year old. 

Sadly I doubt that Mary-Elizabeth knows how to think for herself! She has been molded by Rick and Cathy for 20 years to be apart of a very strange family. Even when she thinks she has an original thought, it probably isn't! It's hard to believe a 20 yr. old would want to look like a little kid, but maybe there's no motivation!

2 hours ago, JeanieCat said:

Sadly I doubt that Mary-Elizabeth knows how to think for herself! She has been molded by Rick and Cathy for 20 years to be apart of a very strange family. Even when she thinks she has an original thought, it probably isn't! It's hard to believe a 20 yr. old would want to look like a little kid, but maybe there's no motivation!

It seems that the family cannot age out of things that were done when the kids were little and therefore, age appropriate but was isn't as cute or appropriate when the kids become adults.  I am thinking of the birthday cake tradition as an example.

And I do think that Rick and Cathy cannot come to terms that their children are adults except to send them out to work and perform household support.  It's like they should be adults when Rick and Cathy want them to be adults and revert to being kids when Rick and Cathy still want them to be kids.

Years go without me checking up on this family, and every time I do it is like walking through a hole in space-time continuum.
NOTHING new ever happens to these people!
If I kept a family chronicle like their "Fam Team"-page and could look down over the timeline of my family and see the lack of evolving, I'd be seriously scared and ashamed of how I'd managed to stifle every single one of my children. 

@lokaste I was just coming here to post that same thing.  If anything EVER happens in this family can it get it's own special thread and bold letters and perhaps fireworks??  I'm thinking:

ARNDT MANBOY FINALLY MOVES OUT AND IS SEEN WITH A FEMALE HE ISN'T RELATED TO!!!!!!:omg::jawdrop:

Maybe if it happens we could get a BREAKING NEWS crawl feed along the top of the computer?  

so I was looking at the profiles and decided to copy and paste their names for you also you can see they all basically share a name with a brother:

Paul Matthew Joseph 
John Andrew Michael
Mark David Timothy 
Luke Joseph peter
Jude peter Matthew 
James Michael Phillip 
Phillip Thomas Luke 
Seth Benjamin mark 
Jacob Timothy John 
Nathan Stephen Paul 
Caleb Nicholas David 
Peter John Benjamin 
David Paul Andrew 

3 Paul's, 2 Matthews, 3 johns, 2 Andrews, 2 Michaels, 2 marks, 3 davids, 2 Timothy's, 2 Luke's, 2 Joseph's, 2 peters, 2 Phillips, 2 benjamins. 

These people are even nuttier than I realized! Wtf? 

27 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

so I was looking at the profiles and decided to copy and paste their names for you also you can see they all basically share a name with a brother:

Paul Matthew Joseph 
John Andrew Michael
Mark David Timothy 
Luke Joseph peter
Jude peter Matthew 
James Michael Phillip 
Phillip Thomas Luke 
Seth Benjamin mark 
Jacob Timothy John 
Nathan Stephen Paul 
Caleb Nicholas David 
Peter John Benjamin 
David Paul Andrew 

3 Paul's, 2 Matthews, 3 johns, 2 Andrews, 2 Michaels, 2 marks, 3 davids, 2 Timothy's, 2 Luke's, 2 Joseph's, 2 peters, 2 Phillips, 2 benjamins. 

These people are even nuttier than I realized! Wtf? 

Heh, in a Catholic family like mine, that's hardly news. A saint's name used to be mandatory. Thus, among my family, the names Mary, John, Joseph, Elizabeth, Louise, Margaret, Thomas, Constance, and Lawrence have been used multiple times. Creativity in baby-naming tends to get a side-eye.

A Catholic woman I knew several years ago had 5 sisters.  Her mother had a special devotion to the BVM so all the girls had the first name Mary -- Mary Delores, Mary Anne, Mary Catherine, Mary Margaret, Mary Elizabeth and Mary Josephine,  They went by their middle names.

Fortunately my Catholic parents gave their 3 children individual names so we didn't have to share.

52 minutes ago, Hane said:

Heh, in a Catholic family like mine, that's hardly news. A saint's name used to be mandatory. Thus, among my family, the names Mary, John, Joseph, Elizabeth, Louise, Margaret, Thomas, Constance, and Lawrence have been used multiple times. Creativity in baby-naming tends to get a side-eye.

I can see that in extended family, among cousins. My elder son's first name is the same as my cousin's younger son's middle name. 

But it's odd in siblings.

Plus, there are a lot more saints! 

2 hours ago, JMO said:

@lokaste I was just coming here to post that same thing.  If anything EVER happens in this family can it get it's own special thread and bold letters and perhaps fireworks??  I'm thinking:

ARNDT MANBOY FINALLY MOVES OUT AND IS SEEN WITH A FEMALE HE ISN'T RELATED TO!!!!!!:omg::jawdrop:

Maybe if it happens we could get a BREAKING NEWS crawl feed along the top of the computer?  

This!  Even more so if an Arndt man-boy elopes with Sarah Maxwell!

Although if that happens it will probably break FJ - if not bring down the Internet. ;)

1 hour ago, Palimpsest said:

This!  Even more so if an Arndt man-boy elopes with Sarah Maxwell!

Although if that happens it will probably break FJ - if not bring down the Internet. ;)

Sarah Maxwell or Jana Duggar. That would totally break the whole thing. 

1 hour ago, anjulibai said:

I can see that in extended family, among cousins. My elder son's first name is the same as my cousin's younger son's middle name. 

But it's odd in siblings.

Plus, there are a lot more saints! 

Not odd at all in people my age!

On 2/24/2017 at 10:42 AM, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

A Catholic woman I knew several years ago had 5 sisters.  Her mother had a special devotion to the BVM so all the girls had the first name Mary -- Mary Delores, Mary Anne, Mary Catherine, Mary Margaret, Mary Elizabeth and Mary Josephine,  They went by their middle names.

Fortunately my Catholic parents gave their 3 children individual names so we didn't have to share.

My MIL and her sisters were all named Mary, and went by their middle names. Their mother was also named Mary and went by that name.Their only brother was named Joseph, which was also his father's name, so he went by the nickname Bud.

It a horrid turn of events for all things Vine Valley, there is currently no snow in New York! The Penguins will have to be unpacked until further notice. 

47 minutes ago, MarblesMom said:

I noticed the baby lotion was gone from the changing table.

Does this mean all the children are now potty trained?

6 hours ago, MarblesMom said:

I noticed the baby lotion was gone from the changing table.

I bet they read here. 

Some people do like using baby lotion for themselves. But I think it's fishy it's suddenly gone after our commenting on it. 

27 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I bet they read here. 

se people do like using baby lotion for themselves. But I think it's fishy it's suddenly gone after our commenting on it. 

Of course they do! Rick has to know what people are saying about him. Maybe they are trying to appear normal. 

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived