IGNORED

Counting On - Part 9: Even the Flashbacks Have Flashbacks

choralcrusader8613

On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 4:46 PM, Larry said:

I was suprised at that as well. And talking of favouritism I never understood how Jana wasn't seen as a golden child like Jill. Josh was the first boy and even after everything that went on he was the golden boy. John David did say she was rowdy as a child so maybe they've never forgiven her for that!

I can't imagine Jana being remotely rowdy.  Based on her personality as an adult, I would have thought she was a quiet, obedient child :tw_confused:

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Wonkette article was great, but some of the comments were really gross. :brain-bleach:

34 minutes ago, TheDuggarnaut said:

Haha @EyeQueue I need to figure out how to make that my avatar.

:pb_lol::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling:

My 17-year-old daughter just commented how bad my Photoshop job was and commented on the blue I left in around Jim Bob's head. She said, "I guess you could say that's his righteousness."

LOL!!!!!!

On 5/4/2016 at 4:03 PM, slickcat79 said:

Or...something else :pb_eek: :brainbleach:

Maybe the tater tot casserole was laced with hash oil?

On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 7:28 PM, BabyBottlePop said:

I haven't watched the new episode yet, but Pickles posted a bunch of pictures of everyone, including Israel and Spurge meeting. And I have seen lots of pictures of both boys and thought they looks basically like mini JBs- Israel a blond JB and Spurge a brown one. After seeing them together, they still look like JB and yet I didn't think they looked all that alike.

That's interesting 'cause I thought there was a strong resemblance between Izzy and Spurge after seeing them together. 

2 minutes ago, Nu2Duggarville said:

That's interesting 'cause I thought there was a strong resemblance between Izzy and Spurge after seeing them together. 

Izzy is the image of Jill, which means he'll probably look like Justin in a few years.  A fair-haired JB.

Splurgin' has a lot of Bin in him.

3 minutes ago, JenniferJuniper said:

Izzy is the image of Jill, which means he'll probably look like Justin in a few years.  A fair-haired JB.

actually he is starting to look like Jessa more with a touch of Ben mouth 

12 minutes ago, JenniferJuniper said:

Completely agree with you about Izzy. Not sure about Spurge though. I never thought he looked that much like JB. Nor does Jessa for that matter. I think she's all Michelle. So for Spurge I'm guessing he'll look a lot like Jackson as he gets older. Though there is something distinctly Bin about him. Can't put my finger on exactly what.

7 hours ago, Nu2Duggarville said:

I can't imagine Jana being remotely rowdy.  Based on her personality as an adult, I would have thought she was a quiet, obedient child :tw_confused:

Knowing the Duggars, Jana being "rowdy" was likely her being a regular child. They seemed to have stamped that out of her.

9 hours ago, Nu2Duggarville said:

I noticed this too punkie.  The chemistry between Derrick and Jill seems so natural and genuine.  I know this is not a popular opinion on this board, but I find Derrick and Jill a lot more compelling to watch.  They may not be compelling enough to sustain an entire show, but they're not as dry.  Counting On might have been a little less boring if the Dillards had been the focus and not the Seewalds.   

I have not watched the show.

That said, I don't think my husband and I would still be married if we still lived close to family.  Moving interstate soon after marriage meant we had to rely on each other and work stuff out.  Early marriage my husband would run home to his parents if we argued, being away from that meant we had to solve our own problems and made us closer.  I think  this is what is happening to Jill and Derek, being away from home jeans they be to rely on each other and work on their  relationship and has brought them closer together.

11 hours ago, TheDuggarnaut said:

Hi, long time lurker, first post. I want to thank you all for the many laughs you've given me. More than once I woke my husband up because the bed was shaking I was laughing so hard.

I admit to feeling sympathy for the Duggar kidults during the three part special in December. That was raw and real. This season-of-crap they just showed was pointless, unless it was to say "That stuff with Josh sucked, but we're back on tv now (neener neener!), so all is good again."

As we come up on the one year anniversary of Joshgate1, my feelings have changed a bit on seeing Josh on the show. It's like there's a big elephant in the room that is only being addresses by talk of trusting God and forgiveness. Ok, that's their choice. Since they want to be on tv so bad ( despite telling Megyn Kelley they didn't care), to the point of begging their fans to contact TLC, then let's see a real application of their principles in how they handle Josh's homecoming and integrating him back into their lives.

I know, realistically, that they would never be that honest and transparent, but I'm so disgusted with them and with TLC, I want to say get real or get off the pot, err, tv.

While I most definitely don't want any of these people on TV, I completely agree with you on this. If they're going to have a show; if Anna and her children are going to be on it; if they are going to constantly talk about Josh and all they've "walked through," then Josh needs to be there. They won't portray anything honestly, of course, but if there's a scale of dishonesty, not having him on the show while talking about him (and allowing him to get that TLC money via his wife) is a lot worse than having him on and at least pretending to address his deplorable actions.

I just remembered the other thing that bugged me. Spurgeon was born five minutes ago and Ben is saying "and now we have a kid". No, you have a newborn. Then you'll have an infant. And then a toddler. EVENTUALLY, yes, he will be a kid. But right now you have a baby. Why can none of them say "baby"? They all refer to the newborns as "kids". I suspect it's because they're just the "first kid..and counting". It's sad. Israel and the Spurge should get a chance to be babies, not just the oldest kid.

14 hours ago, EmCatlyn said:

Catching up...  I have to say that this Wonkette quote  is one of the funniest things I have read in a long time.  I keep cracking up when I think of it . . . Goldfish?  

I respectfully suggest "Lacking Object Permanence" as a new post count.   It really captures something about the ever-fertile Duggars.

@happy atheist or other sppropriate helpmeet... I believe I should have tagged you with my original request/proposal.  I am new here so still learning the procedure.

15 hours ago, JenniferJuniper said:

I have to say one thing about the Duggars that interests me is just the genetic outcome... You get to see how 19 people with the same genes turned out and how they vary. I think there is more variation than you would expect. 

I have three double cousins-- we share the same four grandparents. (My mother's twin married my father's brother). I've heard it said that that makes us as closely related as half siblings. My one cousin and I can pass for twins, but with different colored eyes. My cousin's siblings, however, and my siblings don't look as alike as you might think. It's just so interesting to think about what traits show and what traits don't! 

53 minutes ago, BabyBottlePop said:

I have to say one thing about the Duggars that interests me is just the genetic outcome... You get to see how 19 people with the same genes turned out and how they vary. I think there is more variation than you would expect. 

I have three double cousins-- we share the same four grandparents. (My mother's twin married my father's brother). I've heard it said that that makes us as closely related as half siblings. My one cousin and I can pass for twins, but with different colored eyes. My cousin's siblings, however, and my siblings don't look as alike as you might think. It's just so interesting to think about what traits show and what traits don't! 

Both my brother and my female 1st cousin have 3 sons. My brother's youngest boy and my cousin's oldest, who is a twin, look exactly alike- in fact, the boys themselves will confuse pictures of each other- My nephew is 17 and my cousin's boy is 9...they are dead ringers for 1 another.

About the looks, I feel like Jessa doesn't look like JB or Michelle at all. I feel like it's because she's the only Duggar with such big lips but I don't know. I'm bad with telling who gets what from what parent. She just stands out compared to some of the others.

7 minutes ago, benye said:

About the looks, I feel like Jessa doesn't look like JB or Michelle at all. I feel like it's because she's the only Duggar with such big lips but I don't know. I'm bad with telling who gets what from what parent. She just stands out compared to some of the others.

Jessa has very prominent-striking-severe facial features. I think that's why she stands out. She has a Maria Shriver look. I don't think that she strongly favors either parent.

Ok I did some comparison pics.

10995298_872255409539936_1583011313408115372_n.jpg

Spurgeon and Jackson: Granted Jackson is a couple years older than his nephew here I still think they look pretty similar, though not as much as I thought they would. I couldn't find any good baby Jessa pics to compare unfortunately. 

13177525_913884352043708_4106733788735236022_n.png

Justin and Israel: Again Justin is older than Izzy is but I still think they look very similar. The only think I notice is Izzy's nose is a but upturned and Justin's head is a little more square. I don't see any Derick in Izzy though. He's the spitting image of his mom. Baby pic of her for proof:

2D274905891056-2D11749740-duggars4kids.today-inline-large2x.jpg

15 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

Ok I did some comparison pics.

10995298_872255409539936_1583011313408115372_n.jpg

Spurgeon and Jackson: Granted Jackson is a couple years older than his nephew here I still think they look pretty similar, though not as much as I thought they would. I couldn't find any good baby Jessa pics to compare unfortunately. 

13177525_913884352043708_4106733788735236022_n.png

Justin and Israel: Again Justin is older than Izzy is but I still think they look very similar. The only think I notice is Izzy's nose is a but upturned and Justin's head is a little more square. I don't see any Derick in Izzy though. He's the spitting image of his mom. Baby pic of her for proof:

2D274905891056-2D11749740-duggars4kids.today-inline-large2x.jpg

I also see a lot of Josie in Baby Jill -- longer face, more pointy/angular features, that very specific mouth shape that's totally Michelle. I do find it interesting which kids ended up favoring which parent. I think Jill, Josh, Johannah, Josie, and Jennifer look the most like Michelle, and then Jana, Jessa, and most of the boys look more like JB.

These baby compairing photos are making me think about how we can do that now, but once everyone has 5+ kids, how confusing and hard it will be, esp. if a lot of the kids take after the Duggar side.

If JB fully intends to keep most of the family in the Springdale, AK area, and all these kids are half as fecund as Michelle, in only a few short generations I could see people losing track of who's who and whoops you married your cousin.

Or maybe, like the old European royal families, they intend to do that.

13 minutes ago, BabyBottlePop said:

These baby compairing photos is making me think about how we can do that now, but once everyone has 5+ kids, how confusing and hard it will be, esp. if a lot of the kids take after the Duggar side.

If JB fully intends to keep most of the family in the Springdale, AK area, and all these kids are half as fecund as Michelle, in only a few short generations I could see people losing track of who's who and whoops you married your cousin.

Or maybe, like the old European royal families, they intend to do that.

I bet that's what's going to happen, mostly because I imagine by then the pool of eligible approved fundies will be very low. 

38 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I also see a lot of Josie in Baby Jill -- longer face, more pointy/angular features, that very specific mouth shape that's totally Michelle. I do find it interesting which kids ended up favoring which parent. I think Jill, Josh, Johannah, Josie, and Jennifer look the most like Michelle, and then Jana, Jessa, and most of the boys look more like JB.

Jed is a splitting image of Josh also. Then Jennifer looks like she can be Jana's daughter. I think they have the same eyes. Most of the kids resemble JB though. 

in the baby comparison pictures, I see Izzy in little Jackson. It might just be the eyes though. I can't point it out but I see Ben in Spurge, especially now that he's a little older and his features are changing.

10 minutes ago, Eatingintheprayercloset said:

Jed is a splitting image of Josh also. Then Jennifer looks like she can be Jana's daughter. I think they have the same eyes. Most of the kids resemble JB though. 

in the baby comparison pictures, I see Izzy in little Jackson. It might just be the eyes though. I can't point it out but I see Ben in Spurge, especially now that he's a little older and his features are changing.

Watching my infant niece grow has been interesting. The picture I have of her on my desk she looks like her dad, but another picture taken shortly after that she looks a lot like my mom and a little like me even. Now that she's getting a little older she is just the spitting image of my sister (her mom).  

• samurai_sarah locked this topic
  • Curious unpinned this topic

Archived