IGNORED

Counting On - Part 9: Even the Flashbacks Have Flashbacks

choralcrusader8613

Part 8 is here:

Thread title is courtesy of @Buzzard, who I can't seem to tag right now (boo!) There haha!

For those unaware, no Duggar started a courtship, got pregnant, adopted, or had anything life-changing, other than suddenly all the Duggar kids want to adopt children out of nowhere.

Most forgettable episode yet. May it be the last.

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, choralcrusader8613 said:

Part 8 is here:

Most forgettable episode yet. May it be the last.

Your words to God's ears, assuming God has ears.

I watched tonight, but was also washing dishes so I thought I might have missed the "life-changing" moment.  Guess I didn't miss it afterall....

Got it. Izzy and Spurgie met, realized they were cousins, and their lives have changed because of it. No?

Is there a post limit in terms of locking a thread?

If not, perhaps we should have waited until the show was completely over for the night.

Now comments cannot be quoted and the conversation seems disjointed. 

It will be interesting to see the numbers for this show. I'm thinking they might be quite high because people wanted to see the life changing moment.

I think we have a time zone issue.... many saw it before the other half of the nation.  Maybe there is a way to "fix" this so we can all follow along.

One of my favorite parts was when Jessa was describing how Jill behaved when she got engaged. Mocking much?

Wish I could remember the correct words, but something like "I'm engaged! I can't believe I'm engaged! Have you seen this ring?" All in that high, cheesy, mocking voice.  :my_biggrin:

9 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Is there a post limit in terms of locking a thread?

If not, perhaps we should have waited until the show was completely over for the night.

Now comments cannot be quoted and the conversation seems disjointed. 

5 minutes ago, MarblesMom said:

I think we have a time zone issue.... many saw it before the other half of the nation.  Maybe there is a way to "fix" this so we can all follow along.

For the record, threads are normally locked at anywhere from 20-25 pages, and/or at mod/admin discretion.

No worries at this end  :) 

12 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

Got it. Izzy and Spurgie met, realized they were cousins, and their lives have changed because of it. No?

yes that was it 

Izzy kissed Spurgeon like his toes were on fire

@Tiny Bubbles thank you. I was trying to come up w a creative J name, but somehow I came up with a D name. 

(I like to think they would be more upset with me using Darwin's name with the holly Duggar name) 

2 minutes ago, EyeQueue said:

Apparently the only thing we can count on is bullshit.

This should be on the FJ banner.

Here's to my (hopefully) last edition of "Deep Thoughts With The Duggars."

* Jill likes Derick's beard. Well, I'm glad somebody does. He's really becoming a shaggy doo.

* The Jill courtship recap. AND SO IT BEGINS. Also, RIP Derick's old face.

* It literally hurts to look at castaway Derick's face in his current talking heads. I physically cringe.

* Jill's talking about her courtship and all I can focus on is the bug swirling around her head. Says a lot about the show right there.

* Jill and Jessa are standing on the porch reminiscing about their past two years. The mood here really feels like this a goodbye episode. This same sentiment continues throughout the episode. One can dream right? We can only hope.

* The SOS women's conference looks like a Valentine's Day party. Missioncation means throwing parties, you guys.

* Oh yes, let's speak and sing in English for Spanish-speaking people. Awesome. Oooooh look, finally a translator.

* Derick flashback: "We're getting married. We held hands for the first time." Red flag right there to the Duggar weirdness. I just felt it needed repeating.

* Jessa at the orphanage: "I wish I could take an armload and carry them all out. But, that's not how it works." Thank God for that. They're not puppies, for Christ's sake.

* Again, Derick speaking English to the Spanish-speaking football team. Again, I'm shaking my damned head.

* They teased a Jinger courtship in the previews, and they teased it in the show. And then, nothing. The plotline that went nowhere. Color me shocked.

Finally, I will leave you with this flashback they showed of Jill's wedding. There's the leghumpers watching this godforsaken show, and then there's me. I feel you Mr. Byrum. I FEEL YOU!!!!!

WIN_20160503_212225.JPG

1 hour ago, nst said:

Jill says they might come back in five months - to jessa and then she and Derick say they don't know 

does that count ?

No freaking announcement 

Yeah, That was very odd. When asked a simple question Jill & Derick lied saying they didn't know when they would be back and twisted their words around to the producers/viewing public. Asked the same question by Jessa and Jill answered it truthfully and clearly. About 5 months. Why can't they just be honest. Asked a question. Answer a question. It's the same thing with Jinger courting. She is clearly "getting to know" a boy or courting, but she dodges answering simple yes/no questions about it. We are not fools. If they are so scared of letting people know the truth then they should not have a reality TV show. You can't have your cake and eat it too.    

1 hour ago, AnnaRuk09 said:

Where the hell is Jana's "I totally didn't see this coming" comment? Did it ever even show up?

Nope. Another boring rerun show. Maybe there was some "life changing event" that was going to be announced but the plans fell through or somebody got cold feet and told the producers to cut it out of the show? 

So basically TLC is now just straight up lying for views saying there will be "a life changing announcement" and then there is none. WTF get these losers off tv!

Just now, GreenTea said:

Yeah, That was very odd. When asked a simple question Jill & Derick lied saying they didn't know when they would be back and twisted their words around to the producers/viewing public. Asked the same question by Jessa and Jill answered it truthfully and clearly. About 5 months. Why can't they just be honest. Asked a question. Answer a question. It's the same thing with Jinger courting. She is clearly "getting to know" a boy or courting, but she dodges answering simple yes/no questions about it. We are not fools. If they are so scared of letting people know the truth then they should not have a reality TV show. You can't have your cake and eat it too.    

Nope. Another boring rerun show. Maybe there was some "life changing event" that was going to be announced but the plans fell through or somebody got cold feet and told the producers to cut it out of the show? 

they can't be honest because remember this was filmed what two months ago - so what they come back in the summer 

and Jill's comment about that Israel is older I really don't get 

Jessa can get pregnant despite Israel being older 

makes no sense 

Just now, PecanThief said:

So basically TLC is now just straight up lying for views saying there will be "a life changing announcement" and then there is none. WTF get these losers off tv!

they lied because they had nothing else

3 minutes ago, nst said:

he looks like a sad little puppy

As soon as that scene popped up, I knew I had to rewind to capture the gloriousness of it. Perfectly captured my mood watching this show this season.

Just now, CreationMuseumSeasonPass said:

As soon as that shot popped up, I knew I had to rewind to capture the gloriousness of it. Perfectly captured my mood watching this show this season.

well for me - the one on Jessa's bed with her expression of fire during the episode with the bridesmaid's dresses during her wedding season 

that's me

now all the facebook feeds are showing endless photos of the six of them - since it was called Jill and Jessa - just took what eight weeks 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic
  • Curious unpinned this topic

Archived