IGNORED

More Joshley: Still hiding - Part 16

samurai_sarah

It was posted here or in one of the other Duggar threads. JB and Michelle met with her to see if she was going to sue. This victim was assaulted around the same time as the other 5.

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, AlwaysExcited said:

I never saw this confirmed anywhere and the article is completely wrong about Danica Dillon appealing (she can't; she dismissed the case and agreed not to refile as part of the dismissal.)   So I wouldn't put much stock in this article.

3 hours ago, kjmackin said:

I actually been out car shopping in Duggar land and if it wasn't for the photo of the sububvan I might have actually called on one or two and of the cars they have sell.

I rented a black suburban like that once, tinted windows and all. It was a really fun ride. :) 

I wonder if the Duggs buy retired rental cars at auction. I wonder how much they paid for it.  Hmmmm...

1 hour ago, SilverBeach said:

I do like videos and photo displays of the deceased person's life. They are often interesting and present a well rounded history which may include unknown information. The person's life is truly celebrated this way. If anything, I may ask for a copy of the video, if there is one.

When my Aunt died last year I asked the funeral home if they were going to do a DVD slideshow with pictures of her like they did for my uncle's mother back in 2007, they said they didn't do that anymore because it was too time consuming.  So I took as many pictures as I could and made my own DVD slideshow which the funeral home played.  When my Grandpa died in 2013 one of my aunts and uncles took a video they made where they had interviewed him about growing up and showed that along with some pictures on a continuous loop.

10 hours ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

About their professional counseling... I'm sure it's not what we think of (an actual real counselor who went to real school and got a real licence) but some witch doctor from their church or whatever that warehouse is called. I'm imagining something like the "marriage counseling" DPIAT & Be-All gave Jen Epstein and her violent husband... :pb_confused:

edit. JB would never allow them to see a real secular counselor because he/she would probably dig it all to the roots and make them question their upbringing and whole life so far. Sadly, that is exactly what Joshley would need to realize why he behaves the way he does and to really change his ways (if that is what he truly wants and not just a quick fake "recovery").

Yeah I think that's a problem here is that whoever they're seeing probably is not a professional counselor with a proper level of education licensed by the state, but rather it's someone who took a few seminars if that and was declared a counselor by someone at church.

A problem I have with some churches is that the clergy are not highly educated.  It seems to me that a lot of problems come up because anyone can declare themselves a pastor or clergy member with little or no actual training and thinking that the only parts of the bible that really matter are Leviticus 18:22 or Ephesians 5:22-33.  If they have any training at all it's from a series of seminars on weekends for a couple months then.  They might not even have a bachelor's degree, let alone a M.Div or a D.D. degree.  I'm not saying that anyone with such degrees would be any better, they might be talking out of their asses even more than a layperson.  And a non educated layperson might be the best preacher in the past 500 years.

I think my hangup about the couple's counseling thing is--- what would that even look like? Their marriage is predicated on the notion that Josh has no accountability at all while Anna is responsible for the health of the marriage as well as ensuring that Josh behaves himself. 

I can see it:

Therapist: So, what brings you to therapy?

Josh: We're having relationship problems. 

Anna: Due to my lack of availability, Satan was able to build a fortress in Josh's heart, and he committed the sin of infidelity with several women. Also, he molested a bunch of his sisters a while ago, and people got mad when they found out. 

Therapist: I see. In what ways have you resolved disputes and issues in the past?

Anna: Well, since women are the source of all evil in the world and it's our responsibility to keep men from stumbling, I've done whatever Josh has said to, while making myself cheerfully available. 

Therapist: And you, Josh?

Josh: ...

Therapist: ...

Anna: ...

Josh: Mistakes were made. By her. Then by me. And I went to Jesus Jail. 

Therapist: ...

Josh: ...

Anna: ...

Therapist: Well, it sounds like you have everything figured out, then. What do you need me for?

Seriously, though, couple's therapy only works when both parties are willing to put forth a good-faith effort into the process and accept accountability for their role in the relationship tanking. So if Josh doesn't do that because the ground rules of his marriage stipulate that Anna's responsible for his choices, it's not going to get very far. Beyond that, there are some situations in which couple's counseling isn't recommended. Like those involving abuse. Because abusers don't do the whole accountability thing and use therapy as a way of further controlling their partner. FUNNY, THAT. 

3 hours ago, sophie10130 said:

put me in the camp that they're releasing this in time for a pregnancy announcement.

i hate to say that so much, but these people don't do anything publicly without a reason. why didn't they release this statement when the first photo of him came out? or during Easter and the whole "redeeming" symbolism of the holiday? or when he first got out?

either they are trying to conceive, or it's already in the works.

ugh i need a beer. :tw_beer:

edited to say: i don't WANT this to be the case. i want it to be the very last thing on their minds right now. they have a marriage and four other kids that they need to take care of. Josh has barely seen his youngest, and I don't think they should be trying to conceive right now. I just think the timing is a little shady.

I would hope if she was pregnant, The Duggars would keep it quiet. It took a few months to get a picture of Josh in public. I would hope Anna would just go about her life and not try to sell a story about any future pregnancies. I know the easy money is tempting but in this case I don't think it is worth the backlash.

Elizabeth Smart was able to be pregnant and have the baby and it was announced 2-3 months after the birth. I'm sure if the Duggars really wanted privacy they could avoid media attention. I still do not think the paps are waiting in rural Arkansas for a story, they weren't in SLC.

Don't think any Duggar could wait 2 or 3 months after the birth. We saw Anna's negative result. (Look everyone, we're trying to get pregnant.) They might wait a month or 2 into the pregnancy, because they got some negative reactions about announcing so early. People got bored waiting for Izzy's birth. Seemed like she was pregnant at least 12 months.

4 hours ago, sophie10130 said:

put me in the camp that they're releasing this in time for a pregnancy announcement.

i hate to say that so much, but these people don't do anything publicly without a reason. why didn't they release this statement when the first photo of him came out? or during Easter and the whole "redeeming" symbolism of the holiday? or when he first got out?

either they are trying to conceive, or it's already in the works.

ugh i need a beer. :tw_beer:

edited to say: i don't WANT this to be the case. i want it to be the very last thing on their minds right now. they have a marriage and four other kids that they need to take care of. Josh has barely seen his youngest, and I don't think they should be trying to conceive right now. I just think the timing is a little shady.

this disgusts me on every level - but Anna would see this as a redemption baby

1 hour ago, silverspoons said:

I would hope if she was pregnant, The Duggars would keep it quiet. It took a few months to get a picture of Josh in public. I would hope Anna would just go about her life and not try to sell a story about any future pregnancies. I know the easy money is tempting but in this case I don't think it is worth the backlash.

Elizabeth Smart was able to be pregnant and have the baby and it was announced 2-3 months after the birth. I'm sure if the Duggars really wanted privacy they could avoid media attention. I still do not think the paps are waiting in rural Arkansas for a story, they weren't in SLC.

Elizabeth smart is the exception and a smart cookie - she doesn't need publicity - as J&A do 

good for her 

for J&A it's the redemption tour 

i see a people magazine cover with Josh holding Anna's tummy  - saying I've been redeemed 

DISGUSTING 

2 hours ago, 47of74 said:

Yeah I think that's a problem here is that whoever they're seeing probably is not a professional counselor with a proper level of education licensed by the state, but rather it's someone who took a few seminars if that and was declared a counselor by someone at church.

A problem I have with some churches is that the clergy are not highly educated.  It seems to me that a lot of problems come up because anyone can declare themselves a pastor or clergy member with little or no actual training and thinking that the only parts of the bible that really matter are Leviticus 18:22 or Ephesians 5:22-33.  If they have any training at all it's from a series of seminars on weekends for a couple months then.  They might not even have a bachelor's degree, let alone a M.Div or a D.D. degree.  I'm not saying that anyone with such degrees would be any better, they might be talking out of their asses even more than a layperson.  And a non educated layperson might be the best preacher in the past 500 years.

It threw me for so many loops when I met a "pastor" who didnt get his GED until 2010 and supposedly been the single"pastor" for his church for over 10 years as of 2014. Until that point I thought all pastors went to school just as long as doctors. I have no idea how at that point how I held my tounge 

52 minutes ago, nst said:

this disgusts me on every level - but Anna would see this as a redemption baby

Elizabeth smart is the exception and a smart cookie - she doesn't need publicity - as J&A do 

good for her 

for J&A it's the redemption tour 

i see a people magazine cover with Josh holding Anna's tummy  - saying I've been redeemed 

DISGUSTING 

The difference is that Elizabeth Smart is likable and sympathetic, and I would think most people really want her to be happy in her future endeavors, whereas Josh is perceived as a sleaze and a loser. Smart also doesn't actively seek the spotlight and wants to lead a relatively normal life, whereas Josh and Anna depend on media exposure to make up for their conspicuous lack of education and talent.

I don't think this statement is in prepping us for a pregnancy announcement. Anna doesn't reproduce as quickly as J'chelle (thank God!) and Meredith is only 7 months. 

I do think that TLC is going to slowly incorporate Josh into the show because they know content was seriously lacking this season and it was boring as hell. 

They put out this statement to show that Joshley is a changed man/repantant and back in Gods good graces. TLC's trying to make him less repulsive so viewers don't objectify too much when he appears on camera.

In any case, I really hope Anna isn't pregnant with a redemption baby and I hope Jill isn't pregnant. Blessa can have another cute poorly named kid though. (No adoption please!) 

6 hours ago, ljohnson2006 said:

If Smugs and Anna are in legit marriage counseling, (Which I don't believe). It's probably J'Chelle and Boob telling Anna that she'd go to Hell if she left Smugs. Come on, people. These idiots don't believe in marriage counseling.

They may not believe in "marriage counseling" the way we do, but they obviously believe that Josh and his wife need to work on their relationship. And one of the things they state that they are working on specifically is trust.  This mention of trust is consistent with what Jill and Jessa said during the Megan Kelly interviews. There they talked about how they forgave Josh (for the molestation) as Christians should, but it took longer for him to regain their trust.

To me this sounds as if one of the "redeeming the sinner" buzz-words is how the forgiven sinner must still earn the trust of the people he wronged.  So whatever is going on in those "professional counselling" sessions, it isn't all about "guilting" Anna -- at least, not at this stage.

As for JB and Michelle telling Anna that she will go to Hell if she leaves Josh, I don't think they needed to.  Her own parents had told her that she should stay with her husband, and Anna said from the first that she wasn't leaving Josh.  

Further, not even the Duggars would call it "professional counseling" when it was just them speaking to Josh and Anna.  My guess is that Anna has been speaking to some "counselor" all along,  and that now they are both seeing a "counselor" together.  It may be no more than some ATI "elder," but I doubt it is JB.

Though there is a slight possibility that (through luck) they may get a counselor who is not just a sincere Christian but also understands people and maybe even has some training, I do not think they will get any real help; at most they will get some help coping with the "new normal."

Still, they are publicly recognizing that Josh still has work to do on his relationship with Anna, and not just that she needs to work to please him.  

1 hour ago, Cleopatra7 said:

The difference is that Elizabeth Smart is likable and sympathetic, and I would think most people really want her to be happy in her future endeavors, whereas Josh is perceived as a sleaze and a loser. Smart also doesn't actively seek the spotlight and wants to lead a relatively normal life, whereas Josh and Anna depend on media exposure to make up for their conspicuous lack of education and talent.

Elizabeth Smart repeatedly suffered for I think years (I forget) 

Anna is inflicting Josh onto herself 

and Josh well - he is the camel 

and the camel puts his head in the sand

Elizabeth Smart repeatedly suffered for I think years (I forget) 

Anna is inflicting Josh onto herself 

and Josh well - he is the camel 

It was 11'months, if I recall correctly. Or 9, 9 or 11, something like that.

Also isn't the father of Elizabeth Smart's baby her husband? Who had nothing to do with the abuse?
I'm failing to see how these situations are similar. 

10 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

Also isn't the father of Elizabeth Smart's baby her husband? Who had nothing to do with the abuse?

I think the OP was just pointing out that Smart (who is well known) was able to keep her pregnancy and delivery private. Simply comparing the attention-seeking behavior of the Duggars to someone less needy and more normal :)

14 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

I was just mentioning because SLC is a much bigger city then Tonitown and Elizabeth worked in the public. She no longer works in this job so I will mention it, she worked as a bank teller at a branch I went to. She was professional and friendly and I never saw anyone trying to take her picture , ask her anything personal or call the paps to get a picture of her to leak her marriage or pregnancy. I just think it is the Duggars leaking pictures to people and keeping Josh in the news. If Anna gets/is pregnant I really think it would be her choice to make it public. I think she could go to thrift stores and grocery shop and not have stories written about her. The Duggars want the media more then the media wants them right now.

Paps don't wait in these small towns in AR. There was overwhelming evidence they did not with Kate Gosselin in rural PA. Where I live now many celebrities have second homes. For instance  Oprah comes here on weight loss trips and I haven't seen any pictures of her jogging in the magazines because no one cares here and no photographer is going to come to southern Utah to take a picture.

12 hours ago, 47of74 said:

A little off topic here, but I found an ad on craigslist, looking for a godly, musical type to be "worship leader" of a small 

rural church. Must be born again, no educational requirements! 

7 hours ago, nst said:

Isn't it the ostrich that puts its head in the sand? LOL.

Just now, Ungodly Grandma said:

Isn't it the ostrich that puts its head in the sand? LOL.

well I like ostrich

how about the  dog puts his head in the sand 

10 hours ago, Jinder Roles said:

I don't think this statement is in prepping us for a pregnancy announcement. Anna doesn't reproduce as quickly as J'chelle (thank God!) and Meredith is only 7 months. 

Meredith is almost 11 months.  Her birthday is the beginning of July.  I do seem them quickly having a redemption baby.  Anna may not be as fertile as Meechelle but I always felt that lack of trying (on Josh's part) was part of the reason the babies started to space out more.  By the time they were married two years she had been pregnant 3 times and had  an almost 2 yr old and a young infant. 

10 hours ago, EmCatlyn said:

Still, they are publicly recognizing that Josh still has work to do on his relationship with Anna, and not just that she needs to work to please him.  

Since we know no Duggar wrote that blurb, it could be that whoever is handling this situation for them knows what the fan base wants to hear and most of them aren't anywhere as fundie as the Duggars.

Josh went to Jesus jail so we know how his "rehab" was handled. My bet is whoever they are seeing is ATI approved and therefore not legit.  Using the word "professional" in that context can mean anything.

I don't trust any of these people as far as I can throw them and Jim Bob no doubt believes he has a lot riding on people believing all is just peachy with Josh N' Anna again.  

I can almost hear Smuggar singing a filmed mash-up.  "I've been redeemed by the blood of the lamb, I've been redeemed and my commitment is true.  I will be loyal to you".

They have no shame.

I realize my knowledge of Duggardom is limited, but what if Josh came clean about not wanting more children and was open about how the ban on birth control contributed to problems in his relationship with Anna? The decision to have a child (or not) is deeply personal.  If his faith doesn't run along the ATI/quiverfull party lines, I don't see how he's able to pray away the "problem"  of not wanting to be the father of more little M's.  A professional counselor would not address this conflict as though the couple had no choice in the matter of birth control.

1 hour ago, Drala said:

I realize my knowledge of Duggardom is limited, but what if Josh came clean about not wanting more children and was open about how the ban on birth control contributed to problems in his relationship with Anna? The decision to have a child (or not) is deeply personal.  If his faith doesn't run along the ATI/quiverfull party lines, I don't see how he's able to pray away the "problem"  of not wanting to be the father of more little M's.  A professional counselor would not address this conflict as though the couple had no choice in the matter of birth control.

No Duggar would ever publicly admit this.

• OnceUponATime locked this topic

Archived