IGNORED

LDS/Mormon Fashion Bloggers

samurai_sarah

• 5 months later...

Freckled Fox gave birth at home to a 9.2 pounder (baby girl) a week or two ago. 

She just turned  27 in January and has given birth 6 times:  Alice is 9 days old today and I'm 9 days into my postpartum journey for the 6th time:)

Blog with pics here. IN THE TRENCHES TOGETHER

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 3

• 2 years later...

Anyone current on Reddit Freckled Fox snark?  She's still busy on Instagram  (275,000 followers!), but she doesn't seem too active on her blog.  I can't find anything current about her and Richard Man Bun on Reddit.  There was something about a lawsuit about a year ago, but again, no current updates that I can find. 

This seems odd, because Reddit followed them WEEKLY. 

ETA: I found her facebook.  Nothing there but quotes inspiring one to, uh, be best,  photos of beautiful Freckled Fox and her beautiful children.  Richard seems to have ditched the man bun for a more barbered look.

No sign of another baby on the way, although little Alice is two. 

No idea where they are living or how they are making a living. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 1

@Howl I can’t find the subreddit any more. Doing a search it has 0 followers and when I clicked on it it said the page doesn’t exist. To be fair I don’t think I’ve looked at it since I’ve been on lockdown, so I have no idea how long it’s been gone. The last time I looked though it seemed to be a fairly active subreddit. I wonder what all went down? I also can’t find info on the lawsuit that Martin’s parents filed re: the older kids. 

Yes, I'm definitely intrigued, even though I rarely check in on them. 

Was there a separate subreddit for freckled fox? I followed the saga over at r/blogsnark, they did dedicated threads. 

On 5/7/2020 at 9:18 AM, Maggie Mae said:

Was there a separate subreddit for freckled fox? I followed the saga over at r/blogsnark, they did dedicated threads. 

It seems as though everything reddit snark on them drops off a cliff after March of this year. 

I've tried googling The Freckled Fox, The Freckled Fox + Richard Carmack,  Emily Meyers Carmack and get a large number of returns from 2019. 

FF is very active on Instagram, though; the website/blog don't seem to be getting much attention. 

Edited by Howl

• 5 months later...

Good grief.   Emily (The Freckled Fox) Meyers Carmack and fam bought a house "with a good friend" this past spring in Lehi, Utah, settled down, and now they've suddenly  decided to sell all of their stuff (including furniture),  pack up zippity quick and get the house on the market while "the market is good"  and hit the road in the RV. 

*narrator voice* November is NOT a great time to sell a house, any house. 

Anyway, here's the text of the Oct. 19 instagram post. It sounds to me like they bought a house "with a friend," the entire thing blew up badly and they have to leave, STAT, and they are selling everything plus the house to generate desperately needed cash.  So much chaos in this family's life.  These kids need stability. 

When we bought our house with a good friend this Spring, it was a no-brainer that it was the best thing for both of our families at the time, but things change and heaven knows this year has been ultra crazy and unpredictable for everyone. ? #understatement

So, long story short we are packing up and will be selling this house! A little sooner than we'd thought, for sure, but when I told the kids that we felt like it was time for us to start those few months of living on the road in our RV that we'd always talked about...

Insta link here

Also, Richard has bleached most of the top of his head, but not the sides. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

I think she's been with Richard for over five years. How many times have they moved? Based on just the one picture on Instagram, it looks like a pretty nice house. 

So six kids, some pets, it's the start of winter, selling all possessions, going Jillbillie and  "homeschooling"  in the RV.  Utah is in the grip of the pandemic; it's grim.

Oh, and the husband has no visible income source.  I'm guessing all they have now is Freckled Fox's income from social media. Richard also has an Insta, but he doesn't write well and comes across as a little creepy. 

I have a sad feeling these guys are one step ahead of homelessness. 

I checked on Reddit again. The Freckled Fox Reddit went private in July; you have to ask to be accepted and requests from some people posting were not accepted. 

Apparently, Emily has lost a substantial number of followers.  It's fairly obvious she's not leading a stellar, stable life with a wonderful guy.  

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 6

Sounds like a really bad decision right now. But fundies like to prove worldly people wrong. Food, gas, and RV maintenance will be top priority. I wonder if it's equipped with a washer and dryer. If not, then laundromats wil be a regular pit stop.

• Upvote 1

Horrible decision, and I'm guessing the root cause has to do with man bun.  I'd just guess he's outright or borderline at least emotionally abusive. There's something about this situation that just isn't right. 

Based on previous comments on Reddit, I'm confused as to whether they have an actual RV or are pulling a trailer.  At some point in the past, there was criticism over their vehicle being underpowered to pull their trailer. 

Hope everything is safe for the sake of all those children. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 6

I do not like Richard. (That's his name, right? The one with the hair who shot Emily?) I feel so bad for her first husband's family, who probably never see his kids anymore. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

I feel so bad for her first husband's family, who probably never see his kids anymore. 

Yes, it was bad enough that Martin's family sued over some financial issues and I don't know if there was also a child custody/visitation angle and don't know how or if these issues were resolved. I'd be curious to know if this current disturbance in the living space chaos continuum is related to financial, legal or personal issues or a combination. 

And yes, Richard does seem to be a full-fledged Dick.  Anyway, I'm glad she hasn't had any more kids.  I don't think she's 30 yet and she's the mother of six. 

Edited by Howl
  • I Agree 1

8 hours ago, Howl said:

Oh, and the husband has no visible income source.  I'm guessing all they have now is Freckled Fox's income from social media.

They should also have survivors' benefits for the kids.

• Upvote 2

Richard (a.k.a. Dick Bun) is very bad news. I also have a feeling that the failed house purchase has more to do with him than her. Isn't he fond of buying himself expensive toys and generally loves spending other people's money?

Re: Reddit. I used to check on that FF thread but it went private earlier this year, maybe February or March. IIRC, FF & Dick Bun were in the midst of at least two court proceedings -- one had to do with  money/property  from Martin's estate and the other involved the grandparents trying to gain access to the children. I don't know what the outcomes were.

Edited by hoipolloi
Clarity
  • Upvote 1

21 hours ago, snickerz said:

They should also have survivors' benefits for the kids.

Had not thought of that, but yes, survivor's benefits for 5 kids could be substantial.  "If a child receives [Social Security] survivor's benefits, they can get up to 75 percent of the deceased parent's basic Social Security benefit."

Here's the Insta post from May 23, 2020, when they were so happy to be buying this house because it was very close her parents,  7 (SEVEN!) of FF's siblings and their kids,  and one of Richard's, and a place where they could put down roots. That's barely five months ago and now they're pulling up stakes and on the move, again at the beginning of winter, during a pandemic that is raging out of control in Utah and elsewhere, with six kids, a dog and a cat. At least I hope they are taking their pets.  I hate to keep harping on this, but WTAF?

We're actually closing on a house in the next couple weeks, and we CAN'T WAIT to move in to our own place again.?
Living here in Utah for the last 1 1/2 years has been so so good for our family. We've grown and learned and thrived like never before, but the sweetest part has been living so near to 7 of my siblings, and one of Richard's, and also my parents! Our kiddies make it about 25 nieces and nephews down here as well, which is nuts sometimes. haha But we love it so much, so it was really important to us to get a place where we could stay put for a while :)⁠

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 3

I’m only sort of halfassed following FF and that sounds BAD. Anybody have access to Utah court filings? Bankruptcy? Foreclosure?

(I discovered FF due to Dick’s spectacularly bad take shaving his head “for” Whippycake, because I followed her and all of a sudden, it was very “.... who did WHAT?” Whippycake being a (former) Mormon and all, I’m sure they crossed paths, but that was such a dumbass attention grabbing thing to do.)

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, bea said:

I discovered FF due to Dick’s spectacularly bad take shaving his head “for” Whippycake, because I followed her and all of a sudden, it was very “.... who did WHAT?”

Somehow I totally missed that but I've followed FF only intermittently.  

So...Whippycake has an Insta, FB and whatnot, but they're posthumous?

• 2 weeks later...

Well, this is weird.  A recent Insta post (yesterday?) is a picture of her kids at a picnic table in their backyard,  playing with some kind of camera adventure thing. 

I think it’s fair to say that one of the biggest things we’ve all missed this year has been the freedom to travel and go on adventures with our kiddos...Getting to experience a little bit of the world while staying at home is such a blessing right now.

So who the heck knows what they are up to.  Living in a partially packed up house waiting for it to sell? Changed their minds?

There's an accessible Freckled Fox Reddit now, but the most recent update is from about a month ago, because Emily is posting very little on Instagram.  Considering everything, this is not great. 

Reddit link: The Freckled Fox, Emily•Meyers•Carmack , is Selling their House and Packing Up the Family to Live in an RV

Freckled Fox has not updated her Instagram account.  Don't know why this seems so ominous, but it does.  Turkey Day is looming.  There should be posts.  

Maybe living in an RV and preparing for the holidays while dealing with limited space AND a pandemic are impossible to fit into good looking instagram posts. Sounds to me like a tough job - even for FF.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, ophelia said:

Maybe living in an RV and preparing for the holidays while dealing with limited space AND a pandemic are impossible to fit into good looking instagram posts. Sounds to me like a tough job - even for FF.

Yes, something is going on and it can't be good, can it?  At some point, there is not enough lipstick to put on the pig that is Man Bun.  I truly wish her well, though, because she is the mother of six children. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1