IGNORED

Tori Bates Courtship

19 cats and counting

On May 1, 2016 at 0:13 PM, usedbicycle said:

My opinion is that they're pretty well-adjusted, good-looking and sociable teens, so they have many interesting dating prospects in their circles to choose from. Also, their parents are very encouraging of romantic pursuits. It's something they like to talk and joke about, unlike the Duggars. They speak about marriage like it's the best thing ever, not "a lot of hard work" (Meechelle speaking). They're pretty relaxed about giving the couples privacy and being soppy and romantic with each other, which probably makes the relationships progress faster. To compare, Michelle wouldn't let Ben and Jessa hold hands FOR PRAYER. 

But because they have to marry the first person they fall in love with, the consequence is marrying young. To me it's a sign they're good "partners" and good communicators rather than a sign they want to escape home. I'm sure John-David for instance would love to have a wife (which 26 year-old virgin wouldn't?) but he's emotionally stunted and I'm sure he's had a couple failed attempts at courtship in the past.

Attending a college, working, getting away from your parents' constant stares is obviously going to expose you to more people,which would increase your likelihood of finding a suitable partner. The Duggars aren't moving as fast because JB has a choke hold on each of their lives, and Michelle is too busy going to the gym and doing JB to take care of all her "blessings" or do her own damn laundry, grocery shopping and housework.  

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lots of sheltered kidults and more importantly their parents, are probably fairly reluctant when it comes to entering a permanent relationship with a family (because in fundieville, you marry an entire family) who had 14 kids sleeping in a 1400 sq foot home (some reportedly on the couch) and continued to procreate, while their son molested 4 of his sisters and another young girl.

Not many families, fundie or not, would be that desperate for a union.

Will Lawson be the next one? I'm sorry he's being pushed to court for not to be the weird brother. Well, in fact I'm not sorry, I don't like Lawson and I don't think he'll be a great husband.

So Nathan marrying in summer,  Tori marrying in autumm, Lawson in winter (maybe at the beginning of 2017). Carlin marrying by the end of 2017. 

Alyssa and Michael babies at the end of 2016 and Tori, Nathan and Lawson kids during 2017. Carlin and Whitney kids in 2018.

Meanwhile, Jana and Jinger still single and Joy marrying to just run away.

9 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

Will Lawson be the next one? I'm sorry he's being pushed to court for not to be the weird brother. Well, in fact I'm not sorry, I don't like Lawson and I don't think he'll be a great husband.

There will definitely be more pressure on him now that he's the only single one in the oldest 7 but I doubt he will be forced. He seems like the only Bates kid to be able to get what he wants (to pursue music, social media accounts, lots of trips to Nashville and the Duggar's whenever he wants) since he's the golden boy with the 'music career'. If he doesn't want to get married, I doubt they could make him.

That being said, I can see him caving in to peer pressure and he'll be married by the end of 2017, 2018 at a push.

Duggarbatesfan on tumblr said Bobby's full name is Robert Ellis Smith III and his birthday is 2/16/1995. If you Google that name it says he's from Land O Lakes, Florida. 

So Gil and Kelly's plan on marrying off their children (this is assuming Tori will wait until she's done with school and not try and steal the spotlight from Nathan and Ashley)
2013-- Erin, Zach
2014-- Alyssa
2015-- Michael
2016-- Nathan
2017-- Tori

As for Lawson.  He might start feeling pressure after Nathan marries, but he might like the bachelor life (oh to be a virgin living with your parents...)  I also had a theory that he was waiting for Joy Anna Duggar to come of age (the family's IG wished her happy birthday and they haven't done that for anyone else outside the family).  She's since come of age but she's still very young and could want to wait. 

As for his music career (which they say he's prioritizing over a relationship)-- I can honestly say his beliefs are holding it back.  Most musicians get their start by building a fan base playing live gigs at bars.  Being a full of yourself D-list reality TV star who occasionally sings the national anthem at sporting events isn't going to sell you many albums.  If he won't do bars, he needs to find some sort of live gigs (opening for other bands,  festivals, county fairs, etc).  

(In my late teens/early 20s I followed bands around and I know the scene fairly well).  

Ashley and Bobby doing a duet at the Bateseseses' Church of the Holy Mall yesterday. So yeah, the piano playing bit fits. 

3 hours ago, 19 cats and counting said:

I also had a theory that he was waiting for Joy Anna Duggar to come of age (the family's IG wished her happy birthday and they haven't done that for anyone else outside the family).  She's since come of age but she's still very young and could want to wait.

I think the only reason they wished Joy a happy birthday is because her and Carlin are very close. From my understanding, the only kids from the 2 families that are actually close are Carlin & Joy and Michael and Jana. I bet Carlin is one of the kids that helps manage the family IG.

On May 1, 2016 at 0:52 PM, Sweet Fellowship said:

Is it actually confirmed that Tori is in a courtship? So much for her allegedly courting Joseph Duggar.

I've always said the siblings said carlin was the one who was going to marry a duggar on that special from season one. I call it that carlin is the one praying for Joe. 

8 hours ago, formergothardite said:

It was the first book he wrote and he based Babywise on it. It is super religious and the baby training in it was more extreme than the Babywise baby training. I'm pretty sure in that one recommended starting all this pretty much at birth. He compared ignoring a crying baby to God ignoring Jesus on the cross. The books says that parents who respond to their babies cries are in violation of the Bible. It teaches that newborn babies need to learn self-control by sticking to a rigid schedule. One of the main goals was for the children to learn that the father always came first. So the mother should serve the father any food or drink before she fed children. 

Kelly also used to have listed another Ezzo source that they used, his book about keeping daughters "pure". The advice was to not really explain anything sexual to them until right before marriage. Might explain why Michaela was trying to gain info by reading an encyclopedia. This book too is gone from the Bates page. 

Could you drop a cite or link on me for Michaela looking for info in the encyclopedia?! I don't recall that! But I'm horrified. I did that at age 9 when I first heard the term penis, but as an adult looking to enter a romantic relationship that would not have done the trick.

13 minutes ago, OrchidBlossom said:

Could you drop a cite or link on me for Michaela looking for info in the encyclopedia?! I don't recall that! But I'm horrified. I did that at age 9 when I first heard the term penis, but as an adult looking to enter a romantic relationship that would not have done the trick.

Here's a video of the Bates girls talking about that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uiAEv4Hdi0

I am under the belief that each bates couple are they're own subsidiary bates brand (by Gil and Kelly's hand, whether they consent/participate or not) to appeal to different demographics of potential young converters, so it's hard to not be upset by this development for Tori

1 hour ago, marmalade said:

Ashley and Bobby doing a duet at the Bateseseses' Church of the Holy Mall yesterday. So yeah, the piano playing bit fits. 

With his own hashtag, none the less! 

3 hours ago, Thorns said:

With his own hashtag, none the less! 

Yeah, I noticed that too. Interesting that they're already telling us his name.

10 hours ago, marmalade said:

That was a pleasant surprise. They both actually sound great. Their sounds don't totally mesh together well, IMO, but much better than the average fundie who just thinks they're great. 

And of course it wouldn't be a birthday wish without calling her a "Godly young lady" 

1 minute ago, Casserole said:

That was a pleasant surprise. They both actually sound great. Their sounds don't totally mesh together well, IMO, but much better than the average fundie who just thinks they're great. 

And of course it wouldn't be a birthday wish without calling her a "Godly young lady" 

Agreed, Ashley in particular is really pleasant to listen to. 

10 hours ago, OrchidBlossom said:

I remember that conversation from the show, and I was under the impression that Michaella had "read the encyclopedia" as a kid, not as a grown up.  

11 hours ago, marmalade said:

I don't know why, but I really, really get a kick out of these two performing together at the Bates Church. As if the Bates were like, Congratulations on being foolish enough to associate with us, now get up there and entertain our public!

7 minutes ago, QuiverDance said:

I remember that conversation from the show, and I was under the impression that Michaella had "read the encyclopedia" as a kid, not as a grown up.  

That's how I took it too. Like she was a curious kid and snuck off to read about it type thing.

18 minutes ago, bashfulpixie said:

That's how I took it too. Like she was a curious kid and snuck off to read about it type thing.

The way Erin joked about it though made it seem like it was something they all did, and they all knew each other did, they just didn't speak about it. At least they had access to a book that had something like that in it...

I agree with those who said Ashley & Bobby sound good. There's actual skill and talent involved. They still have the time to elope, right? :my_angel:

1 hour ago, MorningMist said:

The way Erin joked about it though made it seem like it was something they all did, and they all knew each other did, they just didn't speak about it. At least they had access to a book that had something like that in it...

Like she read it from start to finish? I wonder which one she read?

1 hour ago, faraway said:

I agree with those who said Ashley & Bobby sound good. There's actual skill and talent involved. They still have the time to elope, right? :my_angel:

Good, I was not the only thinking this. 

2 hours ago, Screamapillar said:

I don't know why, but I really, really get a kick out of these two performing together at the Bates Church. As if the Bates were like, Congratulations on being foolish enough to associate with us, now get up there and entertain our public!

Whitney had said that once they (the Bates) know that you have a skill, they will use it. That is why Whitney held off on showing her event planning skills. I think that is sad.

30 minutes ago, OrchidBlossom said:

Ahhh I see. That whole conversation just made me feel weird. 

At least they feel comfortable enough to joke about it, I guess.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived