IGNORED

Tori Bates Courtship

19 cats and counting

2 hours ago, actuallyjessica said:

I don't wish to encourage any more of that hostile behaviour, so if anyone would like to discuss this matter with me further, please do so via PM.

Oh, man.  You actually managed to drive me into giving you another down vote.  I'm not in the down vote fan club really.  It's not for disagreeing with me.  It's for unacceptable whining, repeatedly disrupting the thread to ask the same questions, rude behavior, and for invoking a PM army. 

Enough with the exaggerations, hyperbole, and poor little me stuff.  Just stop it. Please.

BTW, for newer members who might not understand, a PM army is a long time joke here.  It translates as "I've lost the argument but all these hundreds of other anonymous people agree with me.  They are just too afraid to say so.  Neener, neener!"

It always makes me roll my eyes.

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a PM Army. But mine is secret.

49 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

I have a PM Army. But mine is secret.

It's not so very secret anymore. You just told everyone.  :5624796c41285_DastardlyEviledevil:

3 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

I have a PM Army. But mine is secret sykrt.

Fixed for you :pb_biggrin:

Do we have a PM Army Member post count? Cause we should. 

10 hours ago, SassyPants said:

It's the approach...and IMO, it interferes with the message.

Vienna was speaking of a post written by me. This was my response when she claimed it was extraordinary for an IBLP/ATI cult member to cut their hair:

Not really. As I pointed out in the other thread it was brought up on, I had shorter hair than Alyssa's when I was going to ATI events and it wasn't a big deal. Lots and lots of women and girls had short hair. Literally no one mentioned my fairly short hair because while Gothard has a fetish for girls/women with long curly hair, it wasn't a big deal if girls/women had short hair. 

THIS is what all those people liking her post consider slapping down?! Real question here How much nicer do I need to be? What approach should people use when correcting false information? I was snippy to her once when she kept repeating false information about how Gil is being a good influence on ATI families despite several people correcting her and explaining how he is hurting people. If a person posts the same false info several times after being informed this information is wrong, how many times do we have to sweetly let them know that what they are posting isn't true?

@actuallyjessica and her secret PM army, if your Bates posts are founded in reality, then you shouldn't be afraid to post. If they are founded in speculation that you are going to pass off as fact because you really want Alyssa to be less fundie, well then be prepared to have those posts challenged. This is a place to snark on fundamentalists, not try to downplay how fundie they are. 

@actuallyjessica I took the time to answer your questions, it would be nice if you could have done the same for me. You can't expect people to understand your point of view if you won't even do something respond to questions after people respond to your questions. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived