IGNORED

F**k You Kirk Cameron

mango_fandango

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Michael K over at DListed has a post up about this gem, too.  My favorite quote from the DListed article was:  

"So, let’s see, if you’re married to Kirk Cameron and he tells you to watch Saving Christmas while completely sober, you have to do it? SANTO DIOS! That is spousal abuse." (link to the article below):

http://dlisted.com/2016/04/29/kirk-cameron-gives-you-ladies-a-really-good-reason-for-why-its-probably-not-fun-being-married-to-kirk-cameron/#comments

Nice pic of him and Jill and Jill's wedding.  The daily fail refers to her as from the "now disgraced Duggar family."  Its an impressively ironic article for the tabloid its from.

But arrggh - Kirk is a images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTWIo0opb5SolbVxIE8y5z 

(pic credit to top gear)

28 minutes ago, FloraKitty35 said:

Michael K over at DListed has a post up about this gem, too.  My favorite quote from the DListed article was:  

"So, let’s see, if you’re married to Kirk Cameron and he tells you to watch Saving Christmas while completely sober, you have to do it? SANTO DIOS! That is spousal abuse." (link to the article below):

http://dlisted.com/2016/04/29/kirk-cameron-gives-you-ladies-a-really-good-reason-for-why-its-probably-not-fun-being-married-to-kirk-cameron/#comments

"Kunt Cameron (on-purpose typo and it stays)" 

HEE.

What is it with these people and their neverending seminars and retreats and whatever else it is that they do? Even apart from the horrible content, I couldn't deal. I'm just not a seminar-going-type person. Even if I'm interested in the topic, I hate crowds, I hate listening to people give long speeches (I vastly prefer reading instead), and I feel like I'm a capable enough person that I don't need to have people constantly explain life to me.

And obviously, Kirk Cameron is an insufferable jackass.

Kirk Cameron is a dick. He was a mere boy of twenty when he married his (a few years older, I believe?) wife.  So, maybe she's a dick, too, if she goes along with this shite, as one must assume she does.  Perhaps these patriarchal men need this submission crap in order to feel all masculine and godly and leader-y.  

We can buy VIP tickets to hear him espouse on the wife's role, and how to do marriage correctly, though.  What does that get us, do you think?  Hmm.  I have been married for almost thirty-eight years now.  And not one day of that have I spent as a submissive wife, following my husband's lead.  Not one.  We have a unique situation, apparently, because we each consider the other to be, um, what's the term?  Oh, yes.  Equal.  You know, almost as if we are just two human beings who love each other.  That's it really.  So weird.  We sometimes even discuss things and come to decisions TOGETHER.  

Maybe I should get out on the speaking circuit and debunk this shit. 

Kirk Cameron is such a dick.

7 minutes ago, Coy Koi said:

What is it with these people and their neverending seminars and retreats and whatever else it is that they do? Even apart from the horrible content, I couldn't deal. I'm just not a seminar-going-type person. Even if I'm interested in the topic, I hate crowds, I hate listening to people give long speeches (I vastly prefer reading instead), and I feel like I'm a capable enough person that I don't need to have people constantly explain life to me.

If complementarianism is so "natural," then why do fundies have to have so many conferences, retreats, and books about how to do it?

8 minutes ago, Cleopatra7 said:

If complementarianism is so "natural," then why do fundies have to have so many conferences, retreats, and books about how to do it?

I don't think it's to do with that. It's just a gathering of like-minded people to pat themselves on the back about how they're doing the right thing and about how us stupid heathens are wrong.

No, "complementarian" is "godly," which means it's unnatural and *hard* and people have to work hard at it. 'Cause christians are supposed to take up a cross daily -- a cross was an instrument of torture, after all.

What ever happened to "My yoke is easy and my burden is light"?

The Christians (as opposed to christians) who seem to have it all together, at least so far as I can tell these days, are the ones who emphasize the importance of "one-anothering".

In other words, this idiot who's 15 minutes ended when Growing Pains went off the air is trying to stay relevant.

No, "complementarian" is "godly," which means it's unnatural and *hard* and people have to work hard at it. 'Cause christians are supposed to take up a cross daily -- a cross was an instrument of torture, after all.

I guess if you enjoy your marriage and your spouse, you're doing it wrong? Been married almost 18 years, together 23. Apparently doing it wrong THE WHOLE TIME because we've never needed a restreat to stay married, and despite my being a stay at home mom, ain't no submission here that's not safe and consensual. [emoji23]

49 minutes ago, Fascinated said:

Kirk Cameron is a dick. <snip>

Kirk Cameron is such a dick.

these sentences made me happy.  thank you.

Wifey: The goal is definitely to be miserable while telling yourself you're worshipping God by staying miserable.

1 hour ago, 19 cats and counting said:

In other words, this idiot who's 15 minutes ended when Growing Pains went off the air is trying to stay relevant.

I think it has more to do with the fact that show business is the only kind of work Kirk knows how to do, and making horrible movies and doing public speaking is a logical progression from being on secular TV. I doubt that he pursued any kind of secular education after Growing Pains or knows any other trades besides what passes for acting and directing.

Can't stand him or his comments. Basically, women should stay and keep sweet no matter what their husbands do. Great. That's exactly what message women need. 

Do fundies even believe in spousal abuse?

10 minutes ago, KnittingOwl said:

Can't stand him or his comments. Basically, women should stay and keep sweet no matter what their husbands do. Great. That's exactly what message women need. 

Do fundies even believe in spousal abuse?

No. Women "deserve what they get"--no matter what, it's their fault.

They weren't perfect enough.

The house wasn't clean enough.

The kids weren't respectful enough, or quiet enough.

She asked him to do something twice, because he ignored her or blew it off the first time she asked, and it's not something she can just suck it up and do it herself, and it really needs to be done -- she's nagging! 

He's tired after working hard all day. (She isn't?

She disagreed with him on something -- it's disrespectful of her! 

Husbands who are emotionally abusive are "just joking" and why can't she just lighten up? 

It's horrible.

unless your marriage was arranged with no choice who you married and for making stronger relations with another family  usually for monetary or political gain then you are not practicing biblical marriage.  the bible tried to make a marriage to someone you had no choice about better. but it was always in a position as a wife who was almost property. 

This story just came across my FB feed via a local news channel. For how California is supposed to be a liberal state, there sure are a bunch of right-wing, regressive comments clogging up this post.

You are only telling part of the story - he said each person has a role and you only mention a small part of the wife's role and none of the husband's role. This is troll bait designed to make people hate Christians.

Yes, because the article just quoted this idiot as flat-out saying women have to obey and be submissive to their husband's is an an example of misrepresentation and persekushun!!11111

Well said Kirk! Would be nice if the media reported the rest of it on how men should love their wife like they love Christ. Funny how many women are in up roar over this and don't know the true meaning.

Um...the article accurately reflects what he said, and that is women have to be submissive to their husbands and that they have no right to criticize them or ask them to improve anything.

God, these people are putz asses.

1 hour ago, refugee said:

No. Women "deserve what they get"--no matter what, it's their fault.

They weren't perfect enough.

The house wasn't clean enough.

The kids weren't respectful enough, or quiet enough.

She asked him to do something twice, because he ignored her or blew it off the first time she asked, and it's not something she can just suck it up and do it herself, and it really needs to be done -- she's nagging! 

He's tired after working hard all day. (She isn't?

She disagreed with him on something -- it's disrespectful of her! 

Husbands who are emotionally abusive are "just joking" and why can't she just lighten up? 

It's horrible.

It's completely disgusting. 

5 hours ago, Coy Koi said:

Grifting and SOTDRT homeschooling don't keep a person all that busy (at least not like a real job and well-rounded homeschooling do). There's nothing better to do.

7 hours ago, bea said:

I guess if you enjoy your marriage and your spouse, you're doing it wrong? Been married almost 18 years, together 23. Apparently doing it wrong THE WHOLE TIME because we've never needed a restreat to stay married, and despite my being a stay at home mom, ain't no submission here that's not safe and consensual. emoji23.png

Fundie marriage dynamics explain so much their constant need to have these big fancy marriage retreats and encourage the men to do these huge romantic gestures for their wives. I'm sure there are some very happy fundie marriages (Chad and Erin come to mind, but who knows how they'll be in a few years), but there seems to be this constant insecurity and need to signal LOOK HOW HAPPY OUR MARRIAGE IS. WE ARE SO HAPPY. WE HAVE TOTALLY FULFILLED AN IMPOSSIBLE IDEAL. WE ARE SO IN LOVE (even though we need an overprice book and a guy in an ill-fitting suit to tell us how to express that love).

It just reminds me of the opening number from the second act of Into the Woods, where everyone's singing about how perfect and happy their lives are, but you can see that under the surface, they're all incredibly dissatisfied and their dreams were just empty, idealistic dreams that don't match up with reality.

8 hours ago, ADoyle90815 said:

13cpv0.jpg

&amp;amp;lt;img class="ipsImage ipsImage_thumbnailed" data-fileid="14121" src="http://www.freejinger.org/uploads/monthly_2016_04/13cpv0.jpg.7d5ead20304d30307c1fcd1dc3bb4769.jpg" alt="13cpv0.jpg" /&amp;amp;gt;

I actually think he's an insult to dicks.  Dicks are good things--they carry away waste and help to bring new life into the world(and give pleasure to their owners). 

In a nutshell.....

Cameron also urged men to try and surprise their wives by doing the dishes one night.

To clarify, this would be one night a year, during the Christmas season, because who doesn't like surprises at Christmas?

Archived