IGNORED

Amy Jordan Duggar Jordan Duggar King Duggar Wedding Part 4 AKA Amy and Dillon King

samurai_sarah

Wow. I've never seen that show, but it looks so trashy. How does it work? Do they all live in a house together and see therapists? Or just live in a house and yell at each other? I wonder if we'll get any sort of public acknowledgement from the Duggars about this or what her relationship with the kids is like. 

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, Arix said:

I'm hoping with editing she really said something like"It's not like he picked..."

It may be clever editing, but this People [not a stellar news source, I know] article says she is referring to Dillon: http://people.com/tv/marriage-boot-camp-reality-stars-exclusive-season-7-supertease/?xid=socialflow_facebook_peoplemag

45 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

It may be clever editing, but this People [not a stellar news source, I know] article says she is referring to Dillon: http://people.com/tv/marriage-boot-camp-reality-stars-exclusive-season-7-supertease/?xid=socialflow_facebook_peoplemag

Looks like the 'reporter' from People only watched the teaser like the rest of us and drew the conclusions which they were meant to draw. I still think it's creative editing.

Let's say the there is not funky editing of the clip and Amy really was talking about Dillion. If your relationship is that bad, and to me that incident would make it horrible, why would you go on a reality show to "save" your marriage? No one is getting real intensive therapy there. If you want to stay in the marriage, which personally I wouldn't understand, why not go to real couples therapy, and individually as well, to work on the problems in  the marriage? 

Maybe she was randomly assaulted in a parking lot or something and the editors saw their chance to create a narrative.

Not that a stranger assault would be better, but at least then hopefully she would have the support of her hub. 

These tabloids are incredibly misleading. I saw one where the headline was "Jill Duggar Expecting Baby 2", no ? or anything, but it was total clickbait and speculation. Won't be surprised if this reality show acts simularly. 

I just lost a long and involved post due to a call from the MIL's assisted living facility, but bottom line: Amy posted in Instagram this morning that she and DUI Dill fight and went on the show to "communicate more effectively." And to watch to see...

Then I remembered that she had a fling during their first go-round which led to their breakup. I bet that if this incident happened, it was during a fight about the cheating which she pretty much documented on Instagram....I'm sure deleted long ago.

At any rate, Amy's agent got them on this show. Even if they had already dealt with this,  they would have to re-enact their fights on camera, as if they got back together as if the cheating never happened. 

I think that scenario falls under a concocted plotline to communicate more effectively.

3 hours ago, socalrules said:

Let's say the there is not funky editing of the clip and Amy really was talking about Dillion. If your relationship is that bad, and to me that incident would make it horrible, why would you go on a reality show to "save" your marriage? No one is getting real intensive therapy there. If you want to stay in the marriage, which personally I wouldn't understand, why not go to real couples therapy, and individually as well, to work on the problems in  the marriage? 

You don't get fame and fortune from going to real couples therapy! Duh!

Real couples therapy is also very careful about domestic abuse - in the UK, the huge couples counselling charity, Relate, won't do couples therapy for couples when there's abuse in the relationship, because it can be dangerous, or exacerbate abuse  - instead they'll provide individual support for both partners (and any children)

http://relate-nottingham.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/Relate-and-Domestic-Abuse.pdf

AFAIK, this is the standard in the UK....  and now I'm facepalming, wondering why I'm assuming these kind of shows even pretend to be proper counselling.  In a previous season, didn't they include one of the Team Mom stars, who rocked up with a fake boyfriend so she could be on the show?

On 12/3/2016 at 11:23 AM, buggers said:

Wow. I've never seen that show, but it looks so trashy. How does it work? Do they all live in a house together and see therapists? Or just live in a house and yell at each other? I wonder if we'll get any sort of public acknowledgement from the Duggars about this or what her relationship with the kids is like. 

Okay, I'll admit it, I used to watch MBC. It was a spinoff of Bridezillas and the first two seasons featured couples who had been on that show. Surprise, surprise, many of them had marital issues. Starting with the third season, they started featuring reality TV stars instead of Bridezillas. The first few seasons were trashy, but fun. I haven't watched the last couple of seasons -- they have been scraping the bottom of the barrel and I hadn't even heard of anyone from the last season. Originally, the therapists were Jim and Elizabeth Carroll, who seemed steady and reasonable. Last season changed to have new therapists.

The couples move into a fancy mansion for a week or two and go through a bunch of exercises that are heavy on self-awareness and communication. Most are punched up for TV. Lots of hair-pulling and drama are played up. There is always one episode that is about sex, where the participants have to use puppets as surrogates to work through issues. That episode is like a trainwreck, you can't look away, even though it's horrifying. There is also always an episode with a polygraph, which is guaranteed to make one or more participants flip out.

MBC is actually a real thing for real couples. The difference between the real one and the reality version is that the one for real people is a long weekend (not two weeks), no alcohol (the TV show features copious consumption to amp up the drama), the exercises are not as showy, and it isn't filmed. The show started because Gene Simmons of KISS and his wife went through MBC and said it would be a good show. The founder, Jim Carroll, worked with Dr. Phil, and, voila, a reality show was born.

I've never followed her, so I don't know what's been deleted. But I see that Josiah's IG (while not the most active) follows her and so does BringingUpBates. I don't see the Duggars, Jill, or Jessa following Amy on IG. I find that kind of odd, but I guess all of her provocative short wearing is just not okay with them.

Some of the comments on her latest IG pic:

amyrachelleking @memers1125 We are actually really happy. But every couple argues and we went on the show to learn how to communicate for effectively. You'll have to watch it to see what I'm talking about. :)

amyrachelleking The show helped us tremendously.

Sure, Amy. I'm sure the show helped you tremendously.

amyrachelleking As far as the language is concerned, I'm not proud of what I said. But they do put you in some very high stress drills, and we dig deep into family issues and alot of different things where emotions were running high. I am who I am. And even though sometimes it may not be pretty, at least I'm real.

Guess some of the leghumpers weren't happy with her saying "fuck."

33 minutes ago, JillyO said:

Some of the comments on her latest IG pic:

Sure, Amy. I'm sure the show helped you tremendously.

Guess some of the leghumpers weren't happy with her saying "fuck."

I wonder if she will bring anything to the table about her Aunt and Uncle, and how they treat her and how that makes her feel....

I think it's dumb to air out such things on tv, but I will not accuse Amy of faking it. As a matter of fact, one of my fb friends used to constantly post happy go lucky pictures of her and her ex and I would be jealous of their easy relationship. It really did look perfect. Turns out though, he was abusing her. Swooning over a guy on social media doesn't mean anything, it can just as well be a cover. As to why she's coming out now (if the clip indeed was about abuse at the hands of her husband), who knows? We do know this family does mental gymnastics to justify things. Maybe they truly need the money. Maybe by telling the world her husband is being put on notice, in a way. "The world is watching how you treat me" there are lot  of reasons why they could be doing this, only the Kings know for sure.

I don't ever ever want to accuse someone of lying about abuse. That's awful to me, and another reason victims stay with their abuser in silence.

I am not accusing her of lying about abuse or what happened to her. But I just think some of the dialog in the clip seems so rehearsed and she is not a good actress.

I don't think she's lying about being abused.  I think the editing is making it seem like she's talking about Dillon but she's probably recalling an incident with an ex boyfriend.

This is now up on Amy's instagram. An "inspirational long quote" and below her explanation why they went on MBC (obviously to gain fame and money work on their relationship).

Screenshot_2016-12-07-08-33-03.png

She said she signed up for MBC so that they could learn to love each other better? I....just.....can't....even.....sigh, Amy. I think at this point a tell all Duggar book could be coming for her. She'll need to find another way to get her 15 minutes of fame.

You don't "sign up" for a reality show. You can contact her agent through a link on her Instagram page. 

I guess we'll see if Famy has a future in acting (my guess is no). If this story happened, she's claiming it wasn't Dillon. And if it really happened, I bet it WAS him. He couldn't have been a happy camper after she cheated on him during her over-aged girls' Spring Break trip in Florida. She basically posted all of the evidence! Dillon couldn't have been a happy camper when she got home. Hell, they broke up! 

They probably had this one story to tell, and it got them on the show. 

The only other person who could have done this was the baseball player. He was a big dude, especially so when one is only 5'1" (speaking from experience). 

I've also asked that the post be redacted; her page is private now (although 400k-ish can still see it). Even so, her "privacy" should be respected and her points should have been summarized. 

Her page is public again and has been since about last week.  She needs to pitch the show doncha know?

Okey doke! Since I was already an "insider," I didn't even realize she'd went private when Chokegate happened. Well, that's Famy: mercurial as hell. And, as I said in my last post, pimping the agent who made it all happen! 

If she went there to "tweak" her marriage and, as she mentioned in another post last week, "improve communication," that's pretty bad if you're a couple who have known each other forever, and to go on as newlyweds (they'd have to been locked in a month or two before taping, right?), is even more pathetic, especially if there are no real problems. Pants are on fire, unless they're tweaking a story to take the heat off of Dillon (her cheating...let's see if that is brought up).

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

14 hours ago, Iamtheway said:

Really? MBC is a platform from God? That God really does work in mysterious ways ... :pb_lol:

If you say it's part of God's plan (bonus points if you call it a "ministry"), then nobody can question why you don't go work a steady job instead of depending on sporadic but easy money from reality TV.

It's kind of sad, honestly. You'd think it'd be more pleasant just to work a normal job year-round and maintain your dignity than air your dirty laundry (or made up dirty laundry) on reality TV for temporary $$$...

• choralcrusader8613 locked this topic

Archived